*** SPIDER-MAN: HOMECOMING *** (Spoilers / Reactions)

26,955 Views | 247 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Quad Dog
Bruce Almighty
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
SeattleAgJr said:

Farmer1906 said:

I think this is my order. I expect Thor 3 to be around 6-9 at worst. It looks fantastic.
1. Winter Soldier
2. GOTG 2

I do no understand how anyone can put GOTG2 over 1.

The payoff with Yondu was fantastic, but everything else was definitely below the first movie.

I think GOTG 2 is better than the first.
Farmer1906
AG
Disagree on almost all of your negatives. It was funny and just meant more.
YouBet
AG
BTW, I just watched The Amazing Spider-Man 2 with the Garfield kid. I never realized until I watched it that I hadn't seen it. It was actually pretty good. I thought he and big eyes had great chemistry. I was strangely captivated by the kid who played Osborne.

The thing that really jumped out at me though was the music. It was so completely different than the MCU and so front and center. It was almost distracting.
Quad Dog
AG
This might be lost in all the Infinity War hype, but I just learned something really cool about the Shocker in this movie. The reason he only has one gauntlet is because it was recovered tech from Crossbones in Captain America: Civil War.

Quote:

This might be the coolest Marvel Easter egg of them all. Two of Vulture's goons, Herrman (Bokeem Woodbine) and Jackson (Logan Marshall-Green) wield an energy gauntlet in the style of the Marvel Comics villain Shocker. They even wear hoodies that resemble the Shocker's famous red-and-yellow costume. But that's not even the best part of the Easter egg.
The Easter egg is the fact that we've seen this gauntlet before. It was originally used by Crossbones (Frank Grillo) in Captain America: Civil War. While Spider-Man follows the crooks on their way to a heist, he overhears this snippet of their conversation:
Quote:

"I got the gauntlet from the Lagos cleanup, the rest is my design."
"Can't believe they're still cleaning the Triskelion mess."
"I love it. They keep making messes, we keep getting rich."

The "Lagos cleaup" refers to the opening of Civil War. (The "Triskelion mess" is the end of Captain America: Civil War, another fun Easter egg.) This also explains why Jackson and Herman only have one Shocker gauntlet instead of the two he usually wears in the comics: In the Lagos scene from Civil War, Captain America actually yanks one of Crossbones' gauntlets off his arm during their fight and tosses it to the ground. The other gauntlet gets incinerated when Crossbones blows himself up.
http://screencrush.com/spider-man-homecoming-revisit-history-of-the-mcu/

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.