Baby Driver

24,269 Views | 157 Replies | Last: 17 days ago by Max Power
Flashdiaz
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
liked it overall... didn't really get Spacey's motivation for essentially dying for the kid. When it all went south earlier in the day, he should have been out of that office.
PatAg
AG
Just wanted to say that I found the movie pretty meh overall. Maybe its because it got hyped up too much and I expected too much. There was some pretty interesting and exciting shots, but I felt like all the acting was pretty weak. Hopefully it was intended to be over the top cheesy, but it didn't really deliver the way I think the director intended. Obviously a lot of you liked it, but something just didnt click with me. I dont feel like I wasted my time or money, so it wasnt bad by any means.
jbanda
AG
Finally saw it last night. I loved this movie. It just made sense to me. The cinematography was the best I've seen in years. Really liked how at the end how instead of living life on the run, he gets caught but has all the people who knew he was a good person testify and it gets his sentence reduced. Serves his time and is free. Not the ending you usually see.

Also, thought John Hamm's motivation at the end was perfect.
AgLiving06
Apparently there is supposed to be mystery around whether the ending is him actually getting out of prison or if he's simply daydreaming while still there. I like you came away thinking he had gotten out because he was really a good person, but the director claimed that maybe he didn't.
jbanda
AG
DAMN DIRECTOR INCEPTIONED ME!
jbanda
AG
I thought I recognized little Enos Burdette from Smokey and the Bandit!.
Trident 88
AG
Bunk Moreland said:

Also, the classic romance angle could have easily been botched, but it works when they cast an all American girl like that, not some hot piece of ass that can't act and isn't believable.

She's an English "all American girl" who also played the young cousin/party girl who hooks up with a black jazz singer in Downton Abbey. And, the actor who plays the jazz singer (Gary Carr) also plays C.C. the pimp in The Deuce.
Fairview
AG
I'm clearly in the minority on this one but really didn't like anything about this movie. I'm usually not that guy but I just wasn't into this one.
SteveA
AG
You're not the only one. After all the hype, it was just kinda meh, to me.
Serious Lee
i wanted to like it, but it was really schizo.
AgGrad99
AG
I really really liked it.

I liked how it completely switched tones halfway through, and it was clear why it happened.
Quinn
AG
Just watched it tonight, and that movie was bonkers. Absolutely loved the opening two scenes (who doesn't?) but thought things went insane once the last heist team got together. Thought that most of the dialogue was laughably bad, though i guess that was kinda on purpose with Wright's style?
Still a pretty good movie overall.
Complete Idiot
I finally saw it tonight and enjoyed it. Almost seemed like a musical/dance music between the sound track and all the choreographed movements, not just an action/drama/love story. Definitely different and enjoyable to me.
irish pete ag06
AG
Someone took the song from the foot chase scene, Hocus Pocus by Focus, and added it to the first scene.

Man there's just hardly a better chase scene song that that one.

Stat Monitor Repairman
Jamie Foxx carries this movie.
Faustus
The World's End seems like the last good thing Wright has done in over a decade. Granted his output has been pretty sparse in that timeframe.
ABATTBQ11
AG
AgLiving06 said:

Apparently there is supposed to be mystery around whether the ending is him actually getting out of prison or if he's simply daydreaming while still there. I like you came away thinking he had gotten out because he was really a good person, but the director claimed that maybe he didn't.

With how she showed up with the car from his earlier daydream, that's kind of what I figured
Max Power
AG
This is up on Netflix currently for anyone that wants to watch. I rewatched it last weekend and it's a fun movie with a solid cast. It's not top shelf for Edgar Wright but it's still a good time.

Regarding the ending I also took it to be a day dream and not him actually getting out of prison. Regardless of what he did and when, he was a part of multiple armed robberies, people ended up dead, and there's a good chance the previous ones he was involved with come back to haunt him as well. He's going to be in prison a really long time and is not getting out as a young man, if ever.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.