Baby Driver

22,433 Views | 152 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by irish pete ag06
Marauder Blue 6
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Found the trailer for this today. Looks like a fun one to watch in the theater.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3890160/

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/baby_driver/

Duncan Idaho
Name one good movie Edgar wright has done.
TCTTS
AG
Was literally coming here to post the brand new trailer that hit today, and damn this looks like so much fun. That international trailer is a few months old...

TCTTS
AG
If you don't like Scott Pilgrim vs. the World, you've got issues.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Duncan Idaho said:

What a terrible troll.

Anyone that doesn't like Shaun of the Dead or Hot Fuzz can kindly GTFO.
Duncan Idaho
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Duncan Idaho said:

What a terrible troll.

Anyone that doesn't like Shaun of the Dead or Hot Fuzz can kindly GTFO.

I knew you couldn'tname just one.
Duncan Idaho
TCTTS said:

That scene with Larson on stage
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Duncan Idaho
Brian Earl Spilner said:

AggieSouth06
Is it my fault that Jon Hamm can't be anyone but Don Draper, or is it his? I'm not being a smartass; I honestly don't know which is the case. Anyone else?
Leggo My Elko
AG

I know what you mean, but have you seen Kimmy Schmidt? He is amazing as Reverend Richard Wayne Gary Wayne. Definitely a departure from Don Draper.

On thread topic, I'm all in for Baby Driver. Good director, good cast and trailer looks like it will be a fun flick.
amercer
AG
Karate! Karate!
agmag90
The most recent trailer is so incredibly edited. All aboard the hype train. Baby Driver sitting in the #3 spot behind Dunkirk and Blade Runner for 2017 anticipation. We shall see how everything unfolds....
TCTTS
AG
Indeed. Add Star Wars to that list, and I'm right there with you.
The Debt
I dont get how people get excited by a car movie.

"wow he spun it really fast to avoid that object" "wow he drove it really fast and the bad guy crashed"

At least Mad Max put an apocalyptic spin on the genre.
TCTTS
AG
You sound like one of my friends who loves hockey but hates basketball. And the way he describes basketball is just so dumb and reductive: "All you have to do is throw a ball in a hoop. It's just a bunch of jumping around and dribbling." But you can literally make anything sound as dumb as you just described car chases and he describes basketball. It's so easy to just say, for instance, "All a rocket does is just shoot up in the air," or ,"Stand up comedy is so lame. It's just a guy on stage talking for an hour." There's no effort or genuine critical thinking to your critique.

Beyond that, though, I'm honestly not even thinking of this as a "car movie." What excites me is the director, cast, dialogue, aforementioned editing, and just the sheer joy and energy in every frame of marketing for this movie. Ultimately, it shouldn't even matter what something like this is about, as long it's done with care and passion, which this exudes in spades.
agmag90
TCTTS, just when I think I can't like you anymore you post something like this and prove me wrong
The Debt
Now Ive seen it all, a Hollywood Joe declaring something reductive.

You missed where I supported a twist on the genre, but you see what you want to see.

BTW, go watch 1000 rocket launches, then I'll tell you the next one is unique because its in a different setting and people involved...
TCTTS
AG
I've read your post three times now and am able to decipher maybe half of it.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
He's right, though.

The Godfather is just a dumb mob movie. They go around killing people, big whoop. They're all the same.
TCTTS
AG
So stupid.

And don't even get me started on Shawshank Redemption. Just some dude sitting around in jail, then he leaves. "Wow, the good guy carved through some cement and then crawled through 300 yards of sh*t."

At least the Prison Break guy had cool tattoos.
White Liberals=The Worst
Looks pretty good to me. Some of those car stunts are flat out insane.
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
TCTTS said:

Then I guess I have been diagnosed. What are my issues, exactly?
TCTTS
AG
Symptoms may include a lack of a sense of humor, an under-appreciation for creative storytelling, and a general inability to derive joy from cinema.
Sex Panther
AG
TCTTS said:

This is my favorite thing about The Debt/Bill

He always posts stuff that he thinks is so intelligent and sardonic, and half the time it makes literally no sense. Then when he gets called on it, he convinces himself that he's just smarter than everyone else.
Sex Panther
AG
But as for Baby Driver, could not be more excited. There might be no director I get more excited for than Edgar Wright.

And to no ones surprise it's got a 100% on RT with absolutely glowing reviews. Can't wait.
agmag90

TL;DR Question: Why does a company release 2 copies of the exact same trailer?

These were both released by "Sony Pictures Entertainment" and are on their channel. From what I can tell, these are the exact same trailers(other than the first 6 seconds of "TeKillYah" that is really just a trailer for the trailer)

I thought productions companies would wan to release one trailer to rack up the view count as opposed to dividing the view count across multiple videos, but I guess that's not the case? Does anyone have insight why they did this/advantages to doing this? Is it just the "international" piece?

Edit: wording
agmag90
Got to see this at an early screen last night and loved it. Really, really fun movie.
TajMaballer
AG
Seeing this tomorrow!
Sex Panther
AG
I saw it last night and got to watch a live feed of a Q&A with Edgar Wright after.

This movie is phenomenal. Just so much fun and so damn good. If you're an Edgar Wright fan you know what to expect by now. This guy is a master... The opening heist/chase scene and the following scene (a long tracking shot of Baby getting coffee to Harlem Shuffle by Bob and Earl) are two of the best pieces of film making you will see all year.

In fact, this movie is hands down one of the best of the year. It's every bit a technical masterpiece as much as it is a fun, summer action flick... I'd love to see the Academy give this a best picture nod because it absolutely deserves it. We'll see if they agree...

I'll see this movie again and you can bet I'm buying the soundtrack because it is ****ing awesome.
TCTTS
AG
Hell yes. Great to hear, and thanks for the rundown. Seeing it Wednesday night.
Sex Panther
AG
On the tracking shot where he's getting coffee that I mentioned, make sure and pay attention to what's going on in the background... it's Edgar Wright at his very best.
BQ2001
AG
Loved hearing Edgar Wright and Jon Hamm on Comedy Bang Bang podcast and really made me want to see the movie. I had no idea who the director was based on the brief trailer I saw or that Hamm was in it. Found our Wright directed and wrote it? I'm in.
MooreTrucker
AG
TCTTS said:

Welcome to the Politics board.
MooreTrucker
AG
TCTTS said:

Symptoms may include a lack of a sense of humor, an under-appreciation for creative storytelling, and a general inability to derive joy from cinema.
Welcome to the Entertainment board.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.