The Handmaid's Tale

14,673 Views | 74 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Al Bula
AJ02
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I was a fan the first couple of seasons just because of the overall story about how society collapsed and was "rebuilding".

Now that it's pivoted to a story between two women.....don't care.
Teddy Perkins
AG
The pace seems to be at a crawl for me too. Not sure if that's just because I've caught up and no longer binging it, but it is dragging.
BJM1781
AG
Man, I'm trying to stick with it but this season is testing my patience. Once June left Gilead, it's gotten progressively worse. And I don't think I can take anymore shots of Elizabeth Moss making a face into the camera for 2-3 solid minutes. The pace is already glacial without these self-indulgent scenes.

And don't get me started on the bloody breakfast scene from episode 1. My God, that was unnecessary an way too long.
Chipotlemonger
AG
Watched the first 2 or 3 of this season and I agree about it falling very flat now. Was way more interesting early on in the "world building" sense.

"Self indulgent" is a great description of some of the camera work. June sucks. I see too that she directed a lot of these? I don't seem to recall the early stuff having her name on it, is that right? If so, what is the reason for the change?
Al Bula
AG
gunan01 said:

This show has gotten worse with each season.
a show can't get worse if you never watch it.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.