*** X-MEN / DEADPOOL (FOX-OWNED MARVEL) ***

50,208 Views | 450 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by MaroonStain
TCTTS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Called it!
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
To be honest, what I'm most looking forward to in Deadpool 3 are the jokes about DP flopping, the Disney merger, and Pikachu.
AliasMan02
AG
Man, ranking the best X-film is tough. Deadpool, Deadpool 2, Logan, and X2 are all strong contenders. I think X2 is probably 4th on that list because everything it does well is done better in Logan. Maybe it gets graded on a curve for not being R.

Deadpool was so game-changing and hilarious. Deadpool 2 may actually be funnier and had gravitas and had the big Juggernaut reveal. Logan had the best performances. So tough.
TCTTS
AG
GiveEmHellBill
AG
Dark Phoenix opened to less than X-Men did...

...in 2000.
ChimbosAg
AG
I went into this movie tonight trying to give it a fair shot, wanted to like it, but damn it was just missing the IT factor. Felt bored in an action movie, not a great sign.

Wonder what the alternate ending was that they had to change??
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Aladdin actually beat this movie on Sunday.

https://www.boxofficemojo.com/daily/chart/
TCTTS
AG
Needed to get out of the house so I broke down and did a matinee. It's not nearly as bad as critics are saying. Better than Apocalypse and the first Wolverine, and about on par with The Last Stand. Honestly, its biggest sins are nothing more than feeling small, outdated, and utterly inconsequential. It's just kind of... there... but not necessarily "bad."
schmendeler
AG
I think I'll miss Fassbender as Magneto.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I liked that it was a quick and tight story. And "small", even.

Most comic book movies these days seem to be really huge and bloated, so I found it kind of refreshing.
TCTTS
AG
Yeah, I can appreciate that. I guess it just felt "off" to me in that it's "small" while also being a space/alien invasion movie. It bugged me when Spider-Man 2 did kind of the same thing with the Venom origin. Like, there has never been discussion of alien life in these movies, and this was the world's first "contact" for all we know... but it's all kind of just an afterthought.
TCTTS
AG
Also, Drew's tweet is pretty interesting. Apparently the third act was way more space-centric originally...

schmendeler
AG
Interesting. I wondered about the shape shifting aspect of the aliens.
Liquid Wrench
Could have avoided all of that by going with the Shi'ar from the original comics story, but what the hell do I know, I ain't making movies.
PatAg
AG
Seems like the kind of thing that will be avoided in the future now that it will all be under Feige's control
ChimbosAg
AG
https://instagr.am/p/ByncCM0gpda

I've seen this theory posted around in a couple threads, but here's what one of the actors said about the new ending rewrite.

"There was this huge battle between the guards at the UN & Jean Grey and all the guards turn out to be skrulls"
PatAg
AG
If they were skrulls, would the movie had been better?
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
AliasMan02
AG
I thought his first act of Apocalypse was one of the best parts of any X-film.
GiveEmHellBill
AG
PatAg said:

No.

To "introduce" Skrulls just four months after meeting them in the Marvel Universe in Captain Marvel would have been a disaster, seeing as how CM flipped the comic history on them around and made them more sympathetic.

To now show them in the newly-acquired-by-Disney X-Men franchise and have them as the evil alien race out to conquer would have been massively confusing to audiences and just a trainwreck.
Andyzipp
AG
GiveEmHellBill said:

PatAg said:

No.

To "introduce" Skrulls just four months after meeting them in the Marvel Universe in Captain Marvel would have been a disaster, seeing as how CM flipped the comic history on them around and made them more sympathetic.

To now show them in the newly-acquired-by-Disney X-Men franchise and have them as the evil alien race out to conquer would have been massively confusing to audiences and just a trainwreck.
I'm not sure it would have been massively confusing. Based on the box office Apparently only 166 people have bothered to go see the movie.
ChimbosAg
AG
And all 166 are from Texags
bearamedic99
AG
With all the comic con news, any news on if we will ever see New Mutants?
Olsen
AG
bearamedic99 said:

With all the comic con news, any news on if we will ever see New Mutants?

April 3rd, 2020 in theaters
Dro07
AG
I thought they said Feb 30, 2020
Olsen
AG
dromo07 said:

I thought they said Feb 30, 2020

Disney rescheduled it in early May after finalizing the 20th Century Fox buyout.
rhutton125
AG
I guess the profits that will come from releasing a movie you didn't pay to develop will outweigh the cost of whatever damage it does to your new brand if it sucks, or the time delay you'll need to distance yourself from later incarnations of these characters.

I guess that means the MCU won't be including the New Mutants any time soon, but that's fine with me. We need to see a fully-developed Cyclops, Beast, Gambit, Angel, Iceman and Rogue before I give two ****s about Cannonball or Magik. Maybe that's just me.
bearamedic99
AG
You lost me at Gambit...

But still, I just was excited to see an incarnation of the New Mutants, even if the movie billed itself as a superhero horror movie.
rhutton125
YouBet
AG
Watched Dark Phoenix last night and after hearing about all of the negative talk on this one I had low expectations. However, I really liked it. It had great action.

It was way better than Apocalypse.
MaroonStain
AG
YouBet said:

Watched Dark Phoenix last night and after hearing about all of the negative talk on this one I had low expectations. However, I really liked it. It had great action.

It was way better than Apocalypse.

Same here. Finished it this morning and after a 'meh' start, it definitely picked up the pace!
"Thanks and Gig'em"

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.