*** X-MEN / DEADPOOL (FOX-OWNED MARVEL) ***

50,568 Views | 450 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by MaroonStain
Madmarttigan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
what the hell was that
Ambres
AG
Umm wtf did I just watch.. that can't be New Mutants.. I hope that is just a really bad trailer.
rhutton125
AG
I guess they weren't kidding when they said horror movie. I'm surprised they didn't put Arya front and center for the trailer.

I'm not surprised they went with another ultra serious cover of a classic song. That bit needs to die ASAP.
NAP Violator
So it's generic jump scare paranormal horror that we have seen a million times previously except "IT'S WITH MUTANTS THIS TIME!" Why should we be excited about this?

If they actually do go the route of kids discovering their powers but being completely unable to control them then it might be good, but we've already seen a lot of that with Legion.

You would think they would truly capitalize on the just discovering powers aspect and do something really controversial like having teenagers be kicked out of their house and actually show them literally living on the streets for years trying to avoid the authorities and scraping by. Throw in a few mutants who legitimately look non-human and you would have something.

As it is, I don't really have much interest in seeing a generic jump scare horror movie.
AliasMan02
AG
Horror isn't my thing and this trailer is getting the "meh" treatment, but I came here to ask the very serious question, "has Fox finally figured this out?"

Going the direction of a mutant body horror film, likely rated R, makes a ton of sense to me.
wangus12
AG
Hulla Baller
AG
Looks so bad. Definitely won't be seeing that.
Dro07
AG
wtf was that?
GiveEmHellBill
AG
Marvel is breathing a sigh of relief right now. There is something even worse looking than The Inhumans.

Take out the Marvel logo at the beginning and the mention of mutants in that one sentence and you have every generic horror movie that's come out in the past five years.

And who would want to see that in IMAX?
Hulla Baller
AG
I agree that Inhumans is pretty bad but I would honestly watch Inhumans over what I saw in that trailer. That is pretty pathetic.
80s Guy
Th only thing that can save this is Deadpool coming in late and killing everyone
AliasMan02
AG
I think the IMAX thing is about the investment they made in it for Infinity War more than anything for Inhumans.
c-jags
as a huge X-Series fanboy.... W.T.F.

i like dark. i love dark. that was just stupid.
TCTTS
AG
Sure?

Guess he already got his prep for this on The Deuce.

rhutton125
TCTTS
AG
Dro07
AG
Why are they doing this?

Edit for new mutants and Franco
TCTTS
AG

Dro07
AG
Am I the only one that's just excited about Deadpool and nothing else?
TCTTS
AG
Ha, what a ringing endorsement this is. Basically, "I ****ed myself into having to do this." Lawrence does go on to compliment the movie, but kind of takes what could be interpreted as veiled swipes at Singer in the process (Singer directed the last two but not this one, and she's not unjustified).

Is there anyone excited for this movie at all?

TCTTS
AG
Ha, beat me to the punch. And the answer is no, not even Jennifer Lawrence, the star of the movie.
wangus12
AG
#NotMyMystique
TCTTS
AG
Amen.
GiveEmHellBill
AG
Ugh.

This movie is a hard pass for me and will be the first X-Men movie I don't see in the theater.

Basically, there have been two great X -Men movies (X2 and First Class), one overrated one (DoFP), one that was alright but didn't age well (the first one) and two awful ones (X3 and Apocalypse).

This series needs a Marvel reboot, but I think I'm too far along in not caring to really give a sh*t.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
How would Dark Sansa do against the White Walkers?
Aggie_Journalist
AG
Agree 100% with your rankings.
Thanks and gig'em
double aught
AG
GiveEmHellBill said:

Ugh.

This movie is a hard pass for me and will be the first X-Men movie I don't see in the theater.

Basically, there have been two great X -Men movies (X2 and First Class), one overrated one (DoFP), one that was alright but didn't age well (the first one) and two awful ones (X3 and Apocalypse).

This series needs a Marvel reboot, but I think I'm too far along in not caring to really give a sh*t.
Logan
Sex Panther
AG
I'm so tired of X Men, even though there's a lot of good in the series. Fassbender and McAvoy primarily. And I thought Days of Future Past was pretty great. But at this point I just don't care... I'm not even sure I'd be interested in a Marvel reboot.

And Apocalypse was one of the worst superhero movies ever. Just terrible on every level.
Sex Panther
AG
Quote:

This looks like a poster to a rave I'd have not gone to in 2002.

This is hilarious and so accurate
swimmerbabe11
In their defense, it looks gorgeous.
swimmerbabe11
"This isn't a hospital, this is a haunted house"

might be right up there with

"Let's just say I put them in a hole and threw away the hole"
GiveEmHellBill
AG
double aught said:

GiveEmHellBill said:

Ugh.

Logan
Not an "X-Men" movie, per se. I would rate Logan and The Wolverine over pretty much all the X-Men movies.
hurleyag
AG
It's not?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Get Lawrence away from these movies ASAP.

She is so bored to be there and it shows.
wangus12
AG
Sex Panther said:

I'm so tired of X Men, even though there's a lot of good in the series. Fassbender and McAvoy primarily. And I thought Days of Future Past was pretty great. But at this point I just don't care... I'm not even sure I'd be interested in a Marvel reboot.

And Apocalypse was one of the worst superhero movies ever. Just terrible on every level.
I feel the same and with the departure of Hugh Jackman as Wolverine, I just don't care anymore

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.