*** GET OUT ***

23,354 Views | 171 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Teacher_Ag
canadiaggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Troutslime said:

Head Ninja In Charge said:

Troutslime said:

You forget that the white people weren't really white. Also, why did the director place such importance on throwing the white brains in the trash?
Just got out of the movie and...LOLWUT.

I found it odd that they took the time to show the white mans brain going into the trash.
LOL no, they threw the part of the skull they cut away, in order to get into the brain, into the trash. The whole point was to transplant the art gallery director's brain into Chris's brain stem so that he could keep Chris's natural photography skills.
jock1020
AG
I go to that part. Clearly. That's not what I asked
Funky Winkerbean
AG
You don't say.
Funky Winkerbean
AG
Why do you call it a flaw and not an intention?
canadiaggie
AG
Troutslime said:

You don't say.
Sarcasm aside, I'm 99% sure that it was the skull & not the brain. Take that FWIW.
Funky Winkerbean
AG
canadiaggie said:

Troutslime said:

You don't say.
Sarcasm aside, I'm 99% sure that it was the skull & not the brain. Take that FWIW.

Most likely the brain..the skull was going back on.
jock1020
AG
The white guys skull was thrown away. The white brain goes into the black body using the black skull to close it up. The end
CorpsAg11
AG
Gonna finally see this tomorrow!
Funky Winkerbean
AG
jock1020 said:

The white guys skull was thrown away. The white brain goes into the black body using the black skull to close it up. The end

Then what covers the black brain in the white body?

Funky Winkerbean
AG
ATM1876 said:

Troutslime said:

canadiaggie said:

Troutslime said:

You don't say.

Most likely the brain..the skull was going back on.
This is simply incorrect. They were luring young black men into the suburbs and transplanting the brains of older white people into them so that they could, in essence, live forever. It's assumed that when the black bodies have aged to a certain point that they would repeat the process.

As I said previously, it's seems like we saw two completely different movies.

What scene backs up your assertion? The black men at the house were hypnotized, not transplants. Remember the yard man waking up to take out the girl?
Funky Winkerbean
AG
I was curious of YOUR opinion. You can't support your positions?
MooreTrucker
AG
canadiaggie said:

Troutslime said:

Troutslime said:

You forget that the white people weren't really white. Also, why did the director place such importance on throwing the white brains in the trash?

I found it odd that they took the time to show the white mans brain going into the trash.
LOL no, they threw the part of the skull they cut away, in order to get into the brain, into the trash. The whole point was to transplant the art gallery director's brain into Chris's brain stem so that he could keep Chris's natural photography skills.
Just ignore him. He SO desperately wants it to be racist that he's just making **** up.
Bruce Almighty
AG
Sometimes, people just see what they want to see.
Bruce Almighty
AG
ATM1876 said:

In other news, the movie is now down to 99% on Rotten Tomatoes this afternoon. After 142 consecutive positive reviews, Armond White of National Review publishes the first negative review. Here's a link for those that are interested in reading it:

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/445206/jordan-peeles-get-out-trite-get-whitey-movie

That's the same dude that ruined Toy Story 3 shot at 100%. He was booted off of Rotten Tomatoes. I didn't realize he was back on.
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
HA. Forgot all about this guy. Just dug into some of his older reviews for kicks. This one is one of my favorites:

If critics and fanboys weren't suckers for simplistic nihilism and high-pressure marketing, Afterlife would be universally acclaimed as a visionary feat, superior to Inception and Avatar on every level.

That was for 2010's Resident Evil: Afterlife.
canadiaggie
AG
Yeah if you didn't realize that the yard man and the maid were the family's grandma and grandpa's new bodies, and that camera flashes exposed the small bits of the original host identities still remaining in the bodies you clearly weren't paying attention. You just desperately want it to be racist.
Funky Winkerbean
AG
MooreTrucker said:

canadiaggie said:

Troutslime said:

Troutslime said:

Just ignore him. He SO desperately wants it to be racist that he's just making **** up.

Wow. Calling me a racist? Why can't you discuss the film?
Funky Winkerbean
AG
Bruce Almighty said:

Can anyone use the film to back themselves up, or is calling me a racist all you've got? I've supported my positions with scenes from the film, and everyone who disagrees with me screams racist. Quality stuff, be proud.
TCTTS
AG
Most of us don't think you're racists. We're just kind of shocked at how much you're clearly and defiantly not understanding what happened in this movie.
Counterpoint
AG
Troutslime said:

Bruce Almighty said:

Can anyone use the film to back themselves up, or is calling me a racist all you've got? I've supported my positions with scenes from the film, and everyone who disagrees with me screams racist. Quality stuff, be proud.
The entire white body, except the brain, was discarded.
Funky Winkerbean
AG
Count Counterpoint said:

Troutslime said:

Bruce Almighty said:

I'm speaking in reference to the blind guy, who won the auction (bingo) to receive the brain of the gifted photographer (black guy). Someone explain how this could not be seen as white man exploiting black man, given our history.
MooreTrucker
AG
Troutslime said:

MooreTrucker said:

canadiaggie said:

Troutslime said:

Troutslime said:

Wow. Calling me a racist? Why can't you discuss the film?
I didn't call YOU a racist. I said you want the FILM to be racist. Reading is fundamental.
JoCoAg09
AG
Confirmation bias is the tendency to search for, interpret, favor, and recall information in a way that confirms one's preexisting beliefs or hypotheses, while giving disproportionately less consideration to alternative possibilities.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
He was receiving his body, not his brain. He wanted his eyes.
canadiaggie
AG
Troutslime said:

Count Counterpoint said:

Troutslime said:

Bruce Almighty said:

I'm speaking in reference to the blind guy, who won the auction (bingo) to receive the brain of the gifted photographer (black guy). Someone explain how this could not be seen as white man exploiting black man, given our history.
You are totally mixing up the plot dude.He wasn't receiving the black guy's brain, he was receiving his body. His consciousness, Chris's body. Jeez. How does receiving a black guy's brain fix his failing eyes and old body?
redd38
AG
Saw it last night, not sure I trust white people anymore.
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
Troutslime might be due for a second viewing of the movie.
Counterpoint
AG

Troutslime might be due for a second viewing of the movie.
This!!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.