***Travelers on Netflix***

12,475 Views | 71 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by GreasenUSA
Trident 88
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Gotta say the last episode of season 2 is pretty entertaining. The writers of this show sure do love dramatic cliffhangers!
PacifistAg
AG
Some people at our church recommended this to us just recently. Binge watched the first 2 seasons. Absolutely love this show. I was never a fan of McCormack, but he's great in this as is the rest of the cast. That Marcy/David relationship is phenomenal. Really hoping they bring it back for a 3rd season.
“Conquer men by your gentle kindness, and make zealous men wonder at your goodness. Put the lover of justice to shame by your compassion."
--St Isaac the Syrian
Coppell97
AG
Just finished season 2. May have even been better than season1. Amazing show.
Coppell97
AG
It will be interesting to see where season 3 goes. A cop out Dallas-type start of season 3 - Phillip who sees the future wakes up where he first got the message from Vincent on his computer screens. Everything we've seen from that point on in the season 2 finale is just a possible alternate future timeline that Phillip sees.

So, in the season 3 opener, Phillip instead now convinces the team to not make videos exposing the Traveler program. This avoids the future we saw in the season 2 finale, and the Travelers find another way to combat Vincent and to save their loved ones. And the loved ones now don't know about the Traveler program because that future did not happen. In all seriousness, I don't think they would do this. But if they did, it would ruin the show. They need to find a way to keep going forward. Will be fun to see next season
Raptor
AG
Just binge watched the 2 seasons over the past week.

Love the twists and turns. I like the idea that no time traveler can go back in time before the last traveler's arrival.

Marcy is now my new love and my wife just has to accept that fact.

This post is for Cretaceous Level Subscribers only.

jabberwalkie09
AG
Read that Travelers was renewed for a third season, and will be exclusively on Netflix.
FightinTexasAg15
AG
Recently found this show on Netflix and really enjoyed it. Watched Stargate with my dad growing up so it's always fun seeing those people turn up in shows.

Hope season 3 is just as good or better!
FTACO97
AG
Wife and I just binged this over the past week. Really like it. Interested to see where they go with the story in season 3. For us the only weak character is Carly. I would totally be ok with her being taken out. She acts all high and mighty about being a mother to her baby and then disappears for days on end and then gets pissed when her baby daddy is mad at her. It's a joke.

As others mentioned, the David/Marcy relationship is one of the best. Also like that they split up Grant and Carly and put Grant back together with his wife.
KidDoc
AG
I watched this while doing my elliptical at home, pretty solid sci-fi series.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
FightinTexasAg15
AG
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
Season 3 on Netflix now.
Dro07
AG
Champ Bailey said:

Season 3 on Netflix now.

YEEEEEEEESSSSSS
ham98
Christmas is a little early this year!
oragator
Just finished season 3.
Starts a little slow, but the last few episodes are really really good.
Great ending, leaves open a ton of possibilities if it gets renewed, but a decent out if it doesn't.

Hope it gets a season 4, it's really come into it's own as a show.
reb,
AG
On S3:E7 now!

Any of the fellas here just in love with Marcy's voice? Theres something about it that makes my heart go pitter-patter <3
reb,
AG
oragator said:

Just finished season 3.
Great ending, levels open a ton of possibilities if it gets renewed, but a decent out if it doesn't.

OK I just finished season 3...it seems pretty damn over.
oragator
reb, said:

oragator said:

Just finished season 3.
Great ending, levels open a ton of possibilities if it gets renewed, but a decent out if it doesn't.

OK I just finished season 3...it seems pretty damn over.
Go down to the spoilers section here if you want a really plausible way forward.

http://www.pajiba.com/tv_reviews/spoilers-travelers-season-3-ending-explained.php
Trident 88
AG
oragator said:

Just finished season 3.
Great ending, leaves open a ton of possibilities if it gets renewed, but a decent out if it doesn't.

You weren't kidding about the last few episodes!

Between how slow the first 6 episodes were and my memory being foggy about prior seasons, I was inching toward not watching this series anymore.

However, episode 7 was a pretty good story by itself, and episodes 8-10 were really damn good.
agproducer
AG
I really, really liked Season 3. I just finished it.

I understand the complaints about it starting slow, but I really enjoyed the overarching twists of the season. I'm just mad I burned through the 10 episodes so quickly!
FightinTexasAg15
AG
Finished season 3 last night. It really is a fantastic show
aggiepaintrain
AG
Awesome show, it's obviously not over.
Drawkcab
Just finished episode 6. Gotta say, I'm starting to sympathize with the Faction.

Also, with all the accusations of the Travelers not being who they used to be and how strongly David seems to think that's crazy talk I'm trying to remember how he got over the fact that Marcy was mentally challenged when he met her. However he justified that, seems like he would be rethinking it now.
Luke Smith
I was super sad when David died, until I realized that meant Marcy was single
FightinTexasAg15
AG
The actress that plays Marcy is a canadian country singer apprently

Coppell97
AG
Amazing 3rd season. Finished strong in last several episodes. Love this show.
Drawkcab
Just finished the season. Young Kat is smokin'.
Dro07
AG
I had completely forgotten that 001 had messed with Marcy and made her mentally handicap. Can we still say handicap?
Drawkcab
Do we know how old Trevor is?
agproducer
AG
I just saw the news: No season 4. Netflix canceled it.
Dro07
AG
Well atleast there was closure
Shelton98
AG
Drawkcab said:

Do we know how old Trevor is?
Nope. They just said he was the oldest human to ever live, I believe. They always danced around exactly what year they came from too.... until very late in the last season. I think they said 431 years in the future.... which would have put them around 2446 - 2449.
oragator
That sucks, I honestly thought that when they bought exclusivity on it last year it meant a longer run. Glad it had a good final episode though.
FTACO97
AG
dromo07 said:

I had completely forgotten that 001 had messed with Marcy and made her mentally handicap. Can we still say handicap?
I'd forgotten this until I read your post. Was trying to figure out their final scene on the bus based on what happened.

ham98
agproducer said:

It's not even a marvel product!
Democrat for Trump!
jabberwalkie09
AG
ham98 said:

agproducer said:

It's not even a marvel product!

I get the joke, but I think we need to remember how the show originated. It was originally a cooperative production between Netflix and I think CBC, but only Netflix took it for the last season. Unlike a show like Longmire where they had two (I think, maybe three) seasons after buying it from A&E.

Looking back on it now, I think that Netflix probably gave Longmire a little too much latitude to Longmire and one of the seasons kind of meandered. Most of the Netflix original shows I've watched, the ones they own and produce, seem to largely have a story with a beginning middle and end. I think this allows and appeals to Netflix because they can keep it in their library with a complete and finished story.

So I think that's why Travelers was picked up by Netflix for the final season. It allowed them to close the book on the show without just leaving it dangling.
Page 2 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.