***Travelers on Netflix***

12,386 Views | 71 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by GreasenUSA
jabberwalkie09
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
This came up on Netflix today, though it was apparently shown on Showcase in Canada.

I'm a few episodes in, and it's interesting so far.
Saxsoon
AG
It is on my watchlist. Will probably watch the first episode tonight.
Sentinel
AG
Two episodes in. I'm enjoying it though I'm a simple man when it comes to TV entertainment.
Saxsoon
AG
I had to stop myself watching at 1 last night after the rest of the family went to bed because it was getting so good
Street_Cred_Norm
5 episodes in and I like where it's going.
zip90
AG
Started tonight and watched 1-3 back to back to back

I liked it, which means it will get canceled...
caleblyn
Can you give it a rating? PG-13, R, etc.
Street_Cred_Norm
Little bit of cussing but no nudity yet. Some violence including male on female and some serious drug use.
caleblyn
Thanks
Saxsoon
AG
It is TV ma but that is because main character is a heroin addict and one episode involves some psychological torturing. There is cursing

I realized around the third episode that the creator is behind the Stargate TV series. It also explained how half the background cast was from Stargate. I know that the Vancouver acting pool recycles itself a bit bit this series was a nostalgia blast to the past. Seeing Col. Davis in the last two episodes was great.

For a show that was supposed to be in Seattle they did little to actually try to show that. At least izombie did some establishing shots and name dropped some bars and neighborhoods.
jabberwalkie09
AG
Wrapped this up today. I like it, and hope it gets a season 2. While this wasn't Stranger Things level of greatness for scifi, Travelers is up there with the best stuff that Syfy/SciFi has done.
Sentinel
AG
I agree. It wasn't your typical overdone Syfy show. They actual had good actors and a nice plot.
mpl35
AG
I have watched the first 4. Good and enjoyable so far. Not earth shattering, but solid fun and I hope it continues.
Saxsoon
AG
Sentinel said:

I agree. It wasn't your typical overdone Syfy show. They actual had good actors and a nice plot.

Have you seen the Expanse? Best show Syfy has done in a decade
Sentinel
AG
Several people have recommended it. I'm gonna have to check it out now. First season is on Amazon.
jabberwalkie09
AG
Pretty much when Syfy cancelled SGU, season 2 wasn't bad at all really, the network kind of went to ***** Well, not kind of. Warehouse 13 went to **** not long after SGU was cancelled as well.

Kind of seems like we didn't have another good show from Syfy until 12 Monkeys came along in 2015 unless they imported a show from Canada like Continuum.
AgShaun00
AG
Just finished it. Left the ending too wide open. I wanted some closure.
3rdGen2015
AG
Couldn't sleep so I just finished it. I liked it, it didn't seem like they really knew what story they wanted to tell for the season as a whole though. The ending was pretty rushed, it felt like a mid season finale instead of an actual season finale.
Trident 88
AG
There were a couple of "filler" episodes that I thought were boring/pointless, but I actually liked the finale and am interested to see what happens next.
AgShaun00
AG
i think it was a mid-season finale. It actually aired in Canada and season concluded 1/2/17. I am hoping they will get this going soon for season 2.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
Yeah, I felt like I had figured out the world, and then by the last episode just made me realize that I now know nothing.

Pretty good show though.
Coppell97
AG
Great show. It touched on a number of philosophical things and keeps you thinking. my prediction is that the FBI partner team is filled with faction hosts now. But who knows. Lot of balls left in the air. Could go a number of directions.
bobinator
AG
I really liked this show also. Really cool premise
claym711
AG
Mediocre
jabberwalkie09
AG
Renewed for season 2.

[url=http://deadline.com/tag/netflix/][/url]
Quote:

Netflix and Canada's Showcase have picked up a second season of Travelers, their original time-traveling sci-fi series starring Eric McCormack, for premiere in 2017. Production on Season 2 of the Canadian-made drama will start in March in Vancouver. Netflix, which carries Travelers globally except for Canada, will debut Season 2 following the series' second-season airing on Showcase this fall.

http://deadline.com/2017/02/travelers-renewed-season-2-netflix-eric-mccormack-1201904918/
aTmLoKi
AG
Great show that could've done with a few less episodes. Really solid though!
agproducer
AG
I just started this. I'm two episodes in, and I really like it so far. I like how the travelers are having to get accustomed to their new lives within their hosts. I'm interested to see where this goes.
jabberwalkie09
AG
Bump for poster looking for this thread.
Drawkcab
Thanks! I just discovered this show a couple weeks ago. About halfway through season 1. I like it.
swimmerbabe11
I think Damon Mailer's awkward voicemails are my favorite part of this show
agproducer
AG
Season 2 is bigger and better. I've already torn through its first 8 episodes. It's interesting to see the relationships evolve.
Mucho austin
AG
Love this series. Finished it in 2 days after release.

Season 2 is definitely a game changer in the past 2 episodes.
MaroonStain
AG
I am watching Season 2. It is good enough.

Steven Lobo is in both Travelers and Continuum.

If I saw him in person, I would ask "Are you really a time traveler?"
agproducer
AG
Just finished Season 2. WOW! I really hope we get a Season 3.

I like the way it ended, and there are so many subplots at play.
Saxsoon
AG
I am seriously so happy this show is on. It has so many of the familiar faces from Stargate. Excellent writing and character development and the time travel mechanic is really original, especially with the reliance on 21st century social media.

Just finished 0027 and that final scene with her and the director was so emotional and well done.
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.