Game of Thrones - Season 7

1,144,658 Views | 7206 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Definitely Not A Cop
SpreadsheetAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Urban Ag said:

From the Bran meme on the humor thread.........of all the things Brand could have told Sansa when they were talking beneath the Weirwood, he told her something to the effect of "you looked beautiful in your white dress at your wedding".

Ok, that was almost in the creeper zone for her brother to say that and also of course because if was probably the worst day of her life. And if Bran could see her at her wedding surely he also saw what a psycho Ramsay was. So was the point of this just to tell her something very specific to make her believe he is the Three Eyed Raven?

Certainly that was the intent: for Bran to "prove" his ability to his sister to gain her understanding and belief in him.

It was just a creeper scenario. Howabout: "I saw Aunt Lysa threaten you and Lord Baelish push her out the moon door. I am sorry you had to deal with that... and Joffrey made you look at Fathers head on the spike... horrible"

Same point is made but much less creeper.
jenn96
AG
Quote:

So was the point of this just to tell her something very specific to make her believe he is the Three Eyed Raven?
I personally think it's just a plot device so that when Bran reveals Jon's parentage, Sansa will believe him unconditionally. Especially if he includes details (was it truly a kidnapping/rape situation or were Rhaegar and Lyanna in love, Ned's promise, etc) that he would only know if he had been there. She will know Bran is telling the truth even if no one else believes him.

I also think it illustrates that he has almost no empathy or sensitivity anymore - he is not a Stark or her sweet little brother but the 3-eyed raven. He sees all that happens without judgement or emotion, just as an observer.
smokeythebear
AG
Urban Ag said:

From the Bran meme on the humor thread.........of all the things Brand could have told Sansa when they were talking beneath the Weirwood, he told her something to the effect of "you looked beautiful in your white dress at your wedding".

Ok, that was almost in the creeper zone for her brother to say that and also of course because if was probably the worst day of her life. And if Bran could see her at her wedding surely he also saw what a psycho Ramsay was. So was the point of this just to tell her something very specific to make her believe he is the Three Eyed Raven?
Can't take credit for this as I think I saw someone else propose this idea, but it is possible he did it with the intent of reminding her why she should hate LF. So yes to prove he could see things from the past, but also to remind her that there are still present dangers.
Urban Ag
AG
That's not a bad idea at all because it was just so darn awkward that the writers had to have more purpose in mind. As everyone else noted, he could have told her many other things that he couldn't possibly know without going there.

Also had this random thought, Bran needs to be careful about digging around too much in the family database. I only kind of partially walked in on my parents once and it scarred me for life.
smokeythebear
AG
Wow, when you put it that way, imagine the vast "database" he now has...
Carl Underguard
AG
People tend to give tv writers more credit than they deserve. Sometimes they just write weird **** without any grand plan. Those of us still scarred by Lost remember this.
oh no
AG
Carl Underguard said:

Those of us still scarred by Lost
Urban Ag
AG
smokeythebear said:

Wow, when you put it that way, imagine the vast "database" he now has...
and he doesn't even have to clear his browser
FIDO95
AG
My thought on Bran going straight to Sansas wedding night is he knows she is pregnant with Ramsey's baby. Ramsey said something to the effect of "I'll always be a part of you" before getting his face chewed off. I think Sansa is hiding the secret. I think the idea that Bran knows this freaked her out (or maybe it was just PTSD) but also points to his ability/power to see the past. This demonstration of his power will make her more likely to believe the other things he will soon relay.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
M.C. Swag
AG
FIDO95 said:

My thought on Bran going straight to Sansas wedding night is he knows she is pregnant with Ramsey's baby. Ramsey said something to the effect of "I'll always be a part of you" before getting his face chewed off. I think Sansa is hiding the secret. I think the idea that Bran knows this freaked her out (or maybe it was just PTSD) but also points to his ability/power to see the past. This demonstration of his power will make her more likely to believe the other things he will soon relay.
I think it's metaphorical. Any victim of rape would retain a piece of their attacker with them.

And that's without pointing out the time lapse. How long has it been since then? Telling me she hasn't started any showing any signs? c'mon.
Hulla Baller
AG
People need to drop this stupid idea that Sansa is pregnant. Why bring that up now? How would that move the story along? There isn't enough show left for her to be pregnant.
Joseph Parrish
AG
HBO does not have enough time to pay off a cheesy plot like that in the little time they have left. Seriously...not a chance.
EFE
AG
I'm not a fan of the Sansa's preggo line of thinking, but of all the characters in the show, her outbursts/comments generally foreshadow a lot of her story arc. I say that to say this....
When Sansa is lacing into LF about the effed up ish Ramsey did to her she says "I can still feel him inside of me"
jenn96
AG
Exactly, even if Sansa is pregnant - so what? What does that do to the story? What purpose does it serve? None. That baby is utterly irrelevant except to make her sad, which serves no purpose either. The reason it mattered if Robb's wife was pregnant (in the books, in the show this was cleared up quite graphically) was that there were Stark loyalists who might rally to the baby as a rightful king. But with Ramsey, there are no Bolton loyalists. No one cares if there's another Bolton to be born. No one in the North would hold it against Sansa - as a noble wife, getting pregnant is basically her job no matter who she marries - but no one would care either. I mean, even as an emotional touch point - okay, lets say that Leanna was really raped, and had Jon, and Sansa is pregnant with her rapist's baby too - who cares? Plotwise it does nothing.

And that's not even touching on the practical points that A. it has been months and she would be showing/dealing with it, and B. Westeros has a pretty good abortificant available that all noble houses and maesters use and know about (moon tea). Sansa being pregnant just makes no real sense.

ETA:
Quote:

When Sansa is lacing into LF about the effed up ish Ramsey did to her she says "I can still feel him inside of me"
I think she's just speaking figuratively because he was so cruel to her. Honestly, if the baby had any relevance to the plot at all - AT ALL - it might make sense but it just doesn't. I guess she could be pregnant just to prove that life is f-ed up but that would be the only purpose served.
Urban Ag
AG
Not only is Sansa pregnant, but Lady Stoneheart will make a surprise visit at Winterfell to throw her a baby shower. Of course it will just be the two of them and Brienne and maybe Arya if she ever shows up. Pod will serve little chocolate candies wrapped in cloth diapers. It's gonna be a hoot.
wangus12
AG
Hulla Baller said:

People need to drop this stupid idea that Sansa is pregnant. Why bring that up now? How would that move the story along? There isn't enough show left for her to be pregnant.
FIDO95
AG
There is no plot pushed forward by Sansa being pregnant. However, Bran knowing something that no one knows pushes his arc forward and would give reason for others to trust in what he says he saw. Otherwise, he just someone who went beyond the wall and came back devoid of mind and emotion.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
nikator
AG
If she is preggers she will have moon tea and end the pregnancy
---------------

"A man without a belly is like a house without a balcony"
- Old Turkish saying
Streetfighter 02
AG
Moon tea rhymes with Plan B.
TCTTS
AG
Dro07
AG
She will more than likely bend the knee to her brother than her boyfriend.
plowboy1065
S
TCTTS said:

That. Is. Awesome.
wangus12
AG
tremble
AG
jenn96 said:

I believe in the World of Ice and Fire that the Dornish were able to take down Quenn Rhaenys and her dragon with a crossbolt, so it's been done.
So in the entire history of Westeros we have ONE case of a dragon being taken down by a crossbolt. Not going to lie, I will be ****ing pissed if they waste a dragon by such a massively stupid method.

It's like having an A-10 blasted by an AK wielding Jihadist, just really silly.
M.C. Swag
AG
No, the importance of that history lesson is held in the fact that the last time Westeros was invaded by a Targaryen with 3 Dragons, it was Aegon the Conqueror who lost one of the dragons to a crossbolt. History repeats itself and the similarities between then and now are striking. Dany will lose a dragon. And I'd guess that Cersei is building more than 1 of those giant crossbows. I predict there will be many.
SeattleAgJr
The season's fourth episode, 'The Spoils of War', is going to be a bit different

it's going to be extremely short and earns the title of

shortest Game of Thrones episode yet

running at a time of

50 minutes
wangus12
AG
False. Aegon completed his conquest of Westeros with all 3 dragons intact. The 1st one wasn't killed until 10 years after the conquest in the 1st Dornish War and it was most likely a lucky shot.

Like someone said. Its a ridiculous waste of a way to take out a dragon. Qyburn and Cersei are cocky about thei secret weapon. Its their turn to fail
tk for tu juan
What if it misses the dragon and takes out Jaime similar to a stray bullet fired in the air
redline248
AG
Honestly, with all the build up of the ballista, I hope Drogon grabs a bolt out of the air in a twisting dodge, and hurls it back down to earth and impales someone. Doesn't even have to be anyone important. Then melts the corpse for having the audacity to shoot it at him.
wangus12
AG
Do you think Cersei's reaction will be similar to Ellyria's
Urban Ag
AG
wangus12 said:

Wes97
AG
Ouch....
Agnzona
I think the whole Euron arch has been a huge waste of time and unnecessary. Its not adding to the story only delaying it which means we have less episodes for White Walkers and wrapping everything up. Apparently I am way in the minority on that opinion.
plowboy1065
S
M.C. Swag said:

And I'd guess that Cersei is building more than 1 of those giant crossbows. I predict there will be many.

This is exactly what I was thinking. They will have crossbows everywhere and a dragon will go down. Remember people, this is GRRM we are dealing with
Javelina
AG
Urban Ag said:

wangus12 said:

You cut me deep, Shrek.
First Page Last Page
Page 99 of 206

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.