Game of Thrones - Season 7

1,146,952 Views | 7206 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Definitely Not A Cop
redline248
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Quote:

That shot of Missandei from behind was amazing.

Most shots of Missandei are amazing
SpreadsheetAg
AG
oh no said:

HtownAg92 said:

1. Alexandra Daddario in True Detective

Counterpoint
AG
redline248 said:

Quote:

That shot of Missandei from behind was amazing.

Most shots of Missandei are amazing
ALL shots of Missandei are amazing
OnlyForNow
AG
Can someone post a link for page 96 of this thread? For some reason my Phone takes me to a southwest page
Goose06
AG
https://texags.com/forums/13/topics/2797481/96#discussion
Whachutalnbout Willys
AG
wangus12 said:

SeattleAgJr said:

wangus12 said:

I'd by a copy. Also reminds me that I want to buy a map of Middle Earth
You are SO going to get laid!!!!!
At least I'm not this dedicated.

That's some bad pocket alignment on that t-shirt
Carl Underguard
AG
I have a question that I haven't seen anyone anywhere address, so maybe the answer is obvious and I'm just missing it. Why did they let Jorah go rather than turn him over to the authorities? He's a wanted criminal who fled from Westeros. Is that not the Maester's purview or what? In that case, won't he be arrested as soon as anyone realize who he is?
HtownAg92
AG
He was pardoned by Robert after he did his duty - spying on Dany and reporting that she was pregnant with a Dothraki baby.
Hulla Baller
AG
I'm pretty sure everyone has forgotten about him too. Is he really that important to people now with everything that has happened?
AgMarauder04
AG
Hulla Baller said:

I'm pretty sure everyone has forgotten about him too. Is he really that important to people now with everything that has happened?

Probably being kept around for some kind of romantic tension with whomever Dany beds next.
Joan Wilder
AG
How long has it been since Ned's death on the show? I was trying to think of how long it had been since Sansa had seen Bran/Arya.

The Ringer's Binge Mode podcasts are fantastic recaps if anyone is looking.
M.C. Swag
AG
Clarke95 said:

How long has it been since Ned's death on the show? I was trying to think of how long it had been since Sansa had seen Bran/Arya.

In the books, Arya is 11 in ADWD and Bran is 2 years younger than her. So fast forward maybe a year? two max? Bran is prolly close to 11 or 12?
nikator
AG
Clarke95 said:

Episode 9 season 1.

Note that the last time Sansa (until the last episode) Arya or Jon saw Bran awake or talked with him was season 1 episode 1
---------------

"A man without a belly is like a house without a balcony"
- Old Turkish saying
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
nikator said:

Clarke95 said:

Episode 9 season 1.

Note that the last time Sansa (until the last episode) Arya or Jon saw Bran awake or talked with him was season 1 episode 1

I think the question meant how long in their timeline....from my understanding the books from Book 1 through 5 was about 2 years. We are a bit past that now so assume maybe 2.5 to 3 years at most has elapsed since the start of the series. Ned's death was within months of the start. So maybe 2.5 years since then.

wangus12
AG
Clarke95 said:

In the books, everything starts in 298 and currently its 300. I'd say the show stretches to 3-4 years to adjust for everyone's growth
oh no
AG
Bran's voice is cracking and he had to start shaving in those two years...

Carl Underguard
AG
It looks like his hairline might be starting to recede a little near the temples, too. It's been a rough couple years.
oh no
AG
perhaps rolling your eyes back in your head and seeing the past or warging into other people ages your body quickly.
Post removed:
by user
SpreadsheetAg
AG
Back to Jorah:

1. If he was pardoned does he get his title back as Lord Mormont?

2. Would he even want it?

3. If yes and yes above; does that mean he'd have to forsake Daenerys and bend the knee to Jon Snow, the King in the North?
redline248
AG
Didn't Jon see Bran at Craster's when he went to kill the mutineers (show only)?
redline248
AG
I wonder if running for your crimes into the service of an exiled Queen is similar to taking the Black. Little lady Mormont will probably have some harsh words for him. Man, I hope we get that meeting.
smokeythebear
AG
I tend to take it as a full year per season. I know this isn't in line with the books, but if you look at how much has changed from Dany in season 1 to Dany in season 7, it makes sense that she didn't do all those things in just 2 years. 6 years seems like enough time to go from being sold by your brother, to falling in love, to hatching dragons, to wandering the desert, to being a prisoner, to falling in love again, to an arranged marriage, to escaping, to being prisoner again, to winning a war, and to finally sail to Westeros.

That would make the dragons about 5 years old? Perhaps they are only 3-4? (give or take), but they are definitely fully grown so I couldn't imagine them only being 1 year olds.

That means, per the show's timeline, Ned died approximately 5 years ago with Robb and Cat dying about 4 years ago. It sure doesn't seem like Robb and Cat only died 6 months ago in the way Sansa and Jon talk.
titanmaster_race
Bran saw Jon, not the other way around.
smokeythebear
AG
redline248 said:

Didn't Jon see Bran at Craster's when he went to kill the mutineers (show only)?
Bran saw Jon and wanted to go say hi, but Meera and Jojen convinced him that Jon wouldn't let him go north if he knew he was there. So Bran never made contact with Jon IIRC.
redline248
AG
Ok thanks. They eventually ran into Sam, though, right? And Sam told Jon?
RDV-1992
Clarke95 said:

Quoting this so I can search for the podcast when I have more time.
RDV-1992
redline248 said:

Ok thanks. They eventually ran into Sam, though, right? And Sam told Jon?

I know they meet Sam in the books, but can't remember if they meet in the show.
Carl Underguard
AG
I thought the original pardon from Robert was for killing Dany, and then the second one was from Cersei for spying because she was trying to stir **** up. Does that mean his claim rests on Cersei remaining in power? If so, maybe he's on his way to King's Landing.
redline248
AG
Jorah gives zero Fs about any pardon from whomever is acting ruler of Westeros. He said it himself, the only place for him is with Dany.

Besides, if she wins he doesn't need a pardon.
Carl Underguard
AG
Yeah, I was just joking. He's obsessed with Dany. I wouldn't mind him doing something that I'm not expecting, though.
RDV-1992
If Jorah got eaten by a dragon, and the dragon caught Greyscale, and became a stone dragon, could that factor into the prophesies some how?

This is mostly asked in jest. Unless it's somehow correct. Then I'm taking credit for an amazing, original idea.
Carl Underguard
AG
That certainly makes it harder for Cersei to shoot one down with a crossbow. Plus, there are supposed to be three dragon riders. Dany and Jon seem like obvious ones. Is Ser Jorah the third? He rides in the belly of the stone dragon. This seems like a good idea.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
TYRION - he already lived through a face to face dragon encounter. It's kinda obvious.

not to mention...I believe he is a Targ (google it we've discussed it enough).

RDV-1992
Will be tough for a stone dragon to fly. Good thing they are in Westeros, so it could be the crawling dragon of death!
First Page Last Page
Page 97 of 206

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.