Game of Thrones - Season 7

1,137,871 Views | 7206 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Definitely Not A Cop
HtownAg92
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Quote:

I get that....again, it was more to point out the absurdity of the list as a whole and how Smokey rates Tryion at the bottom below knights, smugglers, and some rando's son. Euron miraculously showed up on Cersei's side with a navy that can apparently move invisibly and surround a fleet without being spotted and summon fireballs from nowhere and now Tyrion should take lessons from Dickon? lol
FIFY

That's a part I don't get. Yes, Yara was down below getting ready to go down below, but do these ships not have a crow's nest? A night watch? Eyes? Ears?

Also, is it sound naval tactics to put your most important ship / cargo in front, with no protection on the sides?
smokeythebear
AG
Well you're welcome to make your own list instead of incessantly ***** about mine.
M.C. Swag
AG
So rational discourse is '*****ing' to you? Got it.

Tyrion is my #1 strategist for anything. Commanding a military or simply running a kingdom. Dude can operate a sewer, lead a charge, defend a keep, and even keep my ledger books. Small in stature, giant in mental acuity.
Rudyjax
AG
HtownAg92 said:

Quote:

I get that....again, it was more to point out the absurdity of the list as a whole and how Smokey rates Tryion at the bottom below knights, smugglers, and some rando's son. Euron miraculously showed up on Cersei's side with a navy that can apparently move invisibly and surround a fleet without being spotted and summon fireballs from nowhere and now Tyrion should take lessons from Dickon? lol
FIFY

That's a part I don't get. Yes, Yara was down below getting ready to go down below, but do these ships not have a crow's nest? A night watch? Eyes? Ears?

Also, is it sound naval tactics to put your most important ship / cargo in front, with no protection on the sides?

Suspension of disbelief. It's for the audience.
jenn96
AG
HtownAg92 said:

Not that it's super important at this point, but the ships that attacked Yara's fleet were Greyjoy ships with Ironborn crews, and would probably have known all the ships they were hunting. It's likely that the attackers pretended to be part of her fleet until they were inside of it and could strike.
smokeythebear
AG
M.C. Swag said:

So rational discourse is '*****ing' to you? Got it.

Tyrion is my #1 strategist for anything. Commanding a military or simply running a kingdom. Dude can operate a sewer, lead a charge, defend a keep, and even keep my ledger books. Small in stature, giant in mental acuity.
Ok so other than moving Tyrion to the top, what else would you change about my list?
M.C. Swag
AG
Other than moving the guy at the bottom of yours to the top of mine?...would it really do anything for you or this board if i continued to list out characters for some arbitrary ranking? (spitballin - Tyrion.....*huge gap*.....Jon, Euron, Davos, Dany, Night Watch "Dolorous" Edd, then whoever else you like.)
RDV-1992
Can y'all have this e-fight in a different thread? Or just agree to disagree and stop posting about it here?
M.C. Swag
RDV-1992
Thank you M.C.Swag.
smokeythebear
M.C. Swag
AG
I'm always open for a change of topic!

Anyone else note how Jon and Tyrion's reunion was reminiscent of Ned and Roberts from season 1? Casual insult met with sly grin then embrace.
MW03
AG
In the previous episode, Cersei charged up Jaime about letting out Tyrion out of prison because he had killed Joffrey and then ended up killing Tywin, and now he's coming for her with Dany. How does knowing Tyrion was innocent play into Jaime's psyche, if at all, with respect to his brother and sister?
Al Bula
AG
You autists need a new hobby.
Streetfighter 02
AG
List of Largest Member:

1. Tormund
2. Tormund
3. Tormund
smokeythebear
AG
Streetfighter 02 said:

List of Largest Member:

1. Won Won
2. Hodor
3. Tormund
Farmer1906
AG
smokeythebear said:

Streetfighter 02 said:

List of Largest Member:

1. Pod
2. Won Won
3. Hodor
4. Tormund

M.C. Swag
AG
Mount Rushmore of GoT tittays....GO! Did Missandei's S7 reveal shake anyone elses up?

4. Missandei - supplanting the girl portraying Margaery Tyrell in the play
3. Tyene
2. Melisandre
1. Ros
BoneBoy
AG
tremble said:

I'll be curious how the Seven Kingdoms find out Jon is half-Targ. Will it be due to interactions with the dragons, will the Reeds spill the bean, or will Bran do it?
Half-Targ? His dad was a Targ, therefore he's a Targ. He's also a Stark, the first of his lineage. He is the rightful king of the 7 Kingdoms, not Dany, his aunt. But, who's going to ague the point with the Dragon queen.

But, to give my answer to your question: I believe that Bran will spill the beans directly to Jon soon.

I know that I'm preaching to choir about semantics, so I'll STFU.......for now.....maybe.
Urban Ag
AG
MW03 said:

In the previous episode, Cersei charged up Jaime about letting out Tyrion out of prison because he had killed Joffrey and then ended up killing Tywin, and now he's coming for her with Dany. How does knowing Tyrion was innocent play into Jaime's psyche, if at all, with respect to his brother and sister?
Easily one of the most complex characters and i think Nicolaj Coster-Waldau has played him masterfully. I don't know that Jamie ever believed Tyrion killed Joff in the first place. The list that wanted him dead was long and distinguished, not unlike the list that wanted to see Tyrion lose his head.

Jamie has gone from a completely "F it all" personality to where he is now. I don't think he necessarily is seeking redemption or even wants it. He sees himself as very damaged goods. But he wants to do right. I still think he's going to either leave Cercei or kill her or both. And I think the only reason they had the beejay scene was to show that Cercei is playing him because she needs him now more than ever. He's going to see that just as Olena told him.
AgMarauder04
AG
I'm saying he should have gotten credit. He found a resource that greatly evened the odds at KL and used it to his advantage in a strategic way. He played a major role and while Cersei may have acknowledged him in private, as far as KL is concerned, Twyin is the hero of that battle.
Urban Ag
AG
AgMarauder04 said:

I'm saying he should have gotten credit. He found a resource that greatly evened the odds at KL and used it to his advantage in a strategic way. He played a major role and while Cersei may have acknowledged him in private, as far as KL is concerned, Twyin is the hero of that battle.
Stannis's army was massive. The only way KL had a chance at surviving was to keep as much of the Stannis's forces on the beach or dead in the water. Tywin (or more accurately, Loras) was able to take his cavalry down the beach at a full charge against infantry that had no escape route (walls on one side, water on the other).

What's my point? Hell I don't know if I have one. Tyrion came up with the plan that knocked out a lot of Stannis's infantry while still at sea and he effectively held the city such to the extent it kept most of the infantry stuck on the beach and vulnerable to a cavalry charge. Tywin gets the glory but he didn't really do anything besides ride south and attack, which is great, but not really an amazing strategy.
Atreides Ornithopter
AG
Quote:

I still think he's going to either leave Cercei or kill her or both.

My hope is that he sticks with her till the end, then as King's landing is surrounded he basically guts her just like he did the Mad King. Tells everyone, " Call me King AND Queen Slayer" and just leaves.
HtownAg92
AG
M.C. Swag said:

Mount Rushmore of GoT tittays....GO! Did Missandei's S7 reveal shake anyone elses up?

3. Tyene
2. Melisandre
1. Ros
That's a good list, but I'd throw in Cersei's "shame" body double in there somewhere. Guess it doesn't count since it was uncredited.

How about all-time HBO series tittays Mount Rushmore? Here's mine:

4. Catherine Bell in Dream On
3. Nicky Sobotka's GF in The Wire
2. Lake Bell in How to Make it in America
1. Lena Dunham in Girls (I just threw up in my mouth just joking about that) Alexandra Daddario in True Detective
Farmer1906
AG
HtownAg92 said:

M.C. Swag said:

3. Tyene
2. Melisandre
1. Ros
That's a good list, but I'd throw in Cersei's "shame" body double in there somewhere. Guess it doesn't count since it was uncredited.

How about all-time HBO series tittays Mount Rushmore? Here's mine:

4. Catherine Bell in Dream On
3. Nicky Sobotka's GF in The Wire
2. Lake Bell in How to Make it in America
1. Lena Dunham in Girls (I just threw up in my mouth just joking about that) Alexandra Daddario in True Detective
Correct
Bregxit
AG
M.C. Swag said:

3. Tyene
2. Melisandre
1. Ros

We saw Missandei's in season 4.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Tyene is far and away #1.
M.C. Swag
AG
Ohh riiiiight, was that when she was bathing in the river? I'll have to go back to that scene....you know, for research purposes.
oh no
AG
HtownAg92 said:

1. Alexandra Daddario in True Detective
M.C. Swag
AG
Yea...Alex Daddario is the undisputed #1 seed.
Bregxit
AG
M.C. Swag said:

Ohh riiiiight, was that when she was bathing in the river? I'll have to go back to that scene....you know, for research purposes.
Yep. The first time Grey Worm and us saw her nekkid.
Phrasing
AG
dlance said:

M.C. Swag said:

Wizard
One day closer to Sunday
FightinTexasAg15
AG
clinker03 said:

dlance said:

M.C. Swag said:

this picture made me think of this part of ace ventura

Carl Underguard
AG
That shot of Missandei from behind was amazing.
First Page Last Page
Page 96 of 206

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.