Game of Thrones - Season 7

1,147,045 Views | 7206 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Definitely Not A Cop
OnlyForNow
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Ah yes Thank You!
BigTimeAlum
AG
friscodick said:

How ironic would it be for Jon to sleep with Dany after his talk with Sam in season 1 that the reason he was still a virgin was his fear that if he slept with a stranger she might turn out to be his mother (of course in this case, his aunt).

That's not what he said. He said he didn't want to sleep with someone, get them pregnant, and have another kid grow up a Snow.
Sapper Redux
ChipFTAC01 said:

Pretty sure HBO has come straight out and said the spinoff won't be directly related to the characters in the show. So no Robert's Rebellion. More world building, historical record.

I'd love them to do the Long Night
SeattleAgJr
ChipFTAC01 said:

Pretty sure HBO has come straight out and said the spinoff won't be directly related to the characters in the show. So no Robert's Rebellion. More world building, historical record.
D&E.

book it.
FIDO95
AG
I disagree. I think too big of a deal has been made about the sword "Dawn" and I think that sword has a role to play. I suspect somehow Jon gets this sword and returns his current sword to house Mormont. Book wise, dawn is back with the Daynes. Additionally, it was forged from a meteorite and it always glows a pale white I believe.

I wonder if in the TV version it is down in the cyrpts to help link Jon's parentage. I also like to think that when Jon unsheaths it it will glow like fire, aka Lightbringer.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Texags is garbage
Dr. Watson said:

another angry ag said:

I'm curious as to why Tyrion didn't verify who was running the show in the North before planning two separate attacks on opposite coasts of Westeros. Was there something I missed? Feel like you'd want to pin down who the North was loyal to before launching an assault on Casterly Rock and laying siege on King's Landing.

I'd imagine because the North had been a mess for years. The Boltons only started to get the overt support of the largest Northern houses in season 6, and fighting with Robb had drained their manpower. That and they'd have to get to the Riverlands on foot before they could reach Casterly Rock or King's Landing.
That makes sense to me. I guess it would be easy for Dany's squad to track any movements from the North towards King's Landing and/or Casterly Rock since it bottlenecks before any formidable force from the North could go undetected on the King's Road. I guess we can assume they weren't planning on too long of a siege against King's Landing. Appreciate the reply, seems like Tyrion knew the North would be a non-factor in the immediate plans regardless of who was in charge.

I'm curious to see who was ruling Dorne in the Sandsnake Co.'s absense. Doesn't seem realistic that they would be out of the fight unless there was a civil war of sorts.
redline248
AG
The show has made zero mention of the sword Dawn.
lurker76
From one of the links earlier in this thread, GRRM stated no D & E on HBO, as he wasn't finished with the stories from that line, and wanted to tell them without the pressure of meeting television schedules. I enjoyed those stories and would love to see them produced on TV.
Texags is garbage
GRRM should have never placed his writings in Aggieland. Home of starting strong and never finishing. /DontBeTriggered
G Martin 87
AG
lurker76 said:

From one of the links earlier in this thread, GRRM stated no D & E on HBO, as he wasn't finished with the stories from that line, and wanted to tell them without the pressure of meeting television schedules. I enjoyed those stories and would love to see them produced on TV.
According to James Hibberd on the EW GOT podcast, multiple proposals are being prepared. But definitely not Robert's Rebellion and not D&E. The reasoning for not doing the Rebellion is that it is the backstory for GOT and it has already been covered. The characters refer to events in the Rebellion frequently. So HBO wants to tell new stories that haven't been written yet. That includes D&E, unfortunately.
FIDO95
AG
No mention of "Dawn", true. However a lot of "product placement" that seems totally unnecessary if it didn't matter. An effort was made to show the hilt before the fight at the ToJ when Dayne sticks it into the ground and again when Ned placed the sword against the bed inside.

No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
redline248
AG
Aegon's conquest would be cool. Seeing Balerion melt Harrenhall would be awesome.
benchmark
AG
What is D & E? I don't know what this refers to.....
aggietony2010
AG
Dunk and Egg. The characters covered in the Knight of the seven kingdoms short stories.
nikator
AG
benchmark said:

What is D & E? I don't know what this refers to.....

The three stories have been combined in the book A Knight of the Seven kingdoms... The third story combined with book 5 of the main story tell you who the three eyed crow is
---------------

"A man without a belly is like a house without a balcony"
- Old Turkish saying
Malcolm52
AG
Dawn is not valaryian steel right? Isn't it made from a meteorite or something? Don't think it will be helpful against WW
pb488
AG
Malcolm52 said:

Dawn is not valaryian steel right? Isn't it made from a meteorite or something? Don't think it will be helpful against WW

the others bring the Long Night; I think it's safe to hypothesize that a sword named Dawn may have some part to play in that battle.
RDV-1992
I want to see the two swords melted down from the Starks family sword reforged and returned to the starks.
AgMarauder04
AG
RDV-1992 said:

I want to see the two swords melted down from the Starks family sword reforged and returned to the starks.
Who has those? Brienne has one. Is the other still in King's Landing?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Last we saw of it was Tywin giving it to Joffrey, afaik.
OnlyForNow
AG
Brienne has oathkeeper and cersi has widows wail (Joffrey's sword that was passed to Tommen). I'd bet that the mountain ends up with it though before he dies.
redline248
AG
Widows wail is way too small for the mountain. I could see Jaime coming to possess it.
OnlyForNow
AG
It'd be like needle I guess, since it was made for a kid. But it's still valierian steel.
redline248
AG
And like Tywin, no way Cersei would waste it on an animal like the mountain. Living or dead.
Javelina
AG
Pretty sure Jaime was carrying it in episode 1.
Fenrir
Yes, Jaime already has it. You could see it when he was standing next to Cersei while Bam Margera was propositioning her.
bangobango
AG
SeattleAgJr said:

ChipFTAC01 said:

D&E.

book it.

I think they have already said it won't be Dunk and Egg.
The Debt
I thought all of this was discussed when Jaime and Bronn started training together, Jaime had WW and wanted to train with it, Bronn told him "if you use an edged sword, I'll have to use an edged sword, and I'll be out of a job. Although that valerian sword is lighter...blahblahblah."
Fenrir
That was Oathkeeper.
OnlyForNow
AG
Ok so I re-watched. Who the hell is dickon tarly. Sam doesn't have a brother....
gougler08
AG
OnlyForNow said:

Ok so I re-watched. Who the hell is dickon tarly. Sam doesn't have a brother....

I thought he did? Wasn't he at the dinner and had been hunting that day...I assume he's the younger brother and that's the reason that Sam got sent off to the nights watch so that his brother could get the castle
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
OnlyForNow said:

Yes he does. And a sister. In the books he has 2 more siblings if I recall.

Dickon was at the Tarly house last season season when Sam visited. He had been hunting with the father. He was there in the uncomfortable dinner scene.

He was played by a different actor last season though.
OnlyForNow
AG
Maybe that's what's wrong with it.

But I could have sworn that he doesn't have a brother in the books and the dad was just fine with sending him off to NW anyways and letting his sisters husband take over hornhill.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
It's really annoying when they can't keep actors for even minor characters like Dickon Tarly.
nikator
AG
OnlyForNow said:

Maybe that's what's wrong with it.

But I could have sworn that he doesn't have a brother in the books and the dad was just fine with sending him off to NW anyways and letting his sisters husband take over hornhill.
Nope..in the books he mentions how his Dad tried very hard to man him up..until he had the second son..and at that point he ignored sam and looked to Dickon. When he took Sam hunting he mentioned that the inheritance was rightfully Dickon's.
---------------

"A man without a belly is like a house without a balcony"
- Old Turkish saying
First Page Last Page
Page 75 of 206

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.