Game of Thrones - Season 7

1,143,803 Views | 7206 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Definitely Not A Cop
mickeyrig06sq3
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
wangus12 said:

Maybe LF needs to start trying to creepily bang the Stark family
Start? He tried to kiss Sansa and got rejected. I don't know if he has any play left to get closer to the Iron Throne. The only valid move would be to try to ally with Cersei by offing the rest of the Starks, but even that will be a dead end. The other option is Dany, but with Tyrion and Varys so close, I don't thing his serpent's tongue will have any effect.
wessimo
AG
hunter2012 said:

txaggiefarmer05 said:

Champ Bailey said:

Euron killed two Sand Snakes, oh what a glorious daaayaay.

And now my dude Bronn can save the hot one, and in return she'll run around topless and bang his brains out everyday, and that's how GoT ends.

Bronn saves the hot one and the 4 monarchs kill each other then Bronn takes back the throne while queening the bad puss.

Where is Bronn at this part of the story anyway?
SpreadsheetAg
AG
The Dog Lord said:

gumby579 said:

Just rolled my eyes at "prince or princess that was promised"

That's just in line with speculation of the characters in the books. Maester Aemon discusses it with Sam before he dies. Not supposed to be a political statement.
Quote:

"No one ever looked for a girl," he said. "It was a prince that was promised, not a princess. Rhaegar, I thought... What fools we were, who thought ourselves so wise! The error crept in from the translation. Dragons are neither male nor female, Barth saw the truth of that, but now one and now the other, as changeable as flame. The language misled us all for a thousand years. Daenerys is the one, born amidst salt and smoke. The dragons prove it." Just talking of her seemed to make him stronger. "I must go to her. I must."
Habanero Guero
AG
I wanna say he stayed at that castle he and Jaime raided. I forgot which one is was though
FightinTexasAg15
AG
On one hand I feel like Nymeria and her pack will have to come back into play, I don't think they would show her again if it wouldn't be important later.

On the other hand, the other direwolves have all been pretty much pointless, so maybe it was just a fan service that won't be touched on again.

Hopefully in one of the battles the wolfpack will arrive and take out some Lannister/Lannister allies or zombies.
Rocagnante
AG
Sansa told basically told Jon that LF couldn't be trusted as far as you could throw him. Not surprising to me that Jon would be quick to anger.

PMD03
AG
I really hope that Daenarys gets word of two of her allies getting beaten and goes off. As Lady Tyrell said, "Be a dragon." Drop the Peace and Love. It is time for Fire and Blood.
hunter2012
AG
wessimo said:

hunter2012 said:

txaggiefarmer05 said:

Champ Bailey said:

Euron killed two Sand Snakes, oh what a glorious daaayaay.

And now my dude Bronn can save the hot one, and in return she'll run around topless and bang his brains out everyday, and that's how GoT ends.

Bronn saves the hot one and the 4 monarchs kill each other then Bronn takes back the throne while queening the bad puss.

Where is Bronn at this part of the story anyway?

He rode in with Jaime after the Sept explosion so presumably he should be in KL.
Sapper Redux
PMD03 said:

I really hope that Daenarys gets word of two of her allies getting beaten and goes off. As Lady Tyrell said, "Be a dragon." Drop the Peace and Love. It is time for Fire and Blood.

We know there's a huge battle with dragons and Dothraki. Suggests to me that she's not going to play around for very long.
SpreadsheetAg
AG
Dan 07 said:

Javelina said:

I liked the scene where the Archmaester was giving Sam advice on how to write and name his history book.
I assume the history book will be named a Song of Ice and Fire and the entire series is a re-telling of everything and we'll all go "Ohhhhhhhhh"
This was talked about in the Season 6 thread as well...

In the GoT intro you see the steel circles rotating all around - these are the same as the chandeliers in the library in old town:

Intro:

Library:

Also in the intro you see the different "lenses" being places in front of the camera as it moves around:

Oh look, where have we seen that before?
AgMarauder04
AG
Hell, we know the unsullied are attacking Casterly Rock next episode.

Since Greyworm got some, he's probably not long for this world.
benchmark
AG
G Martin 87 said:

gumby579 said:

Missandei's grammar explanation was correct. Many High Valyrian nouns don't have male/female gender distinctions. For example, voktys means either priest or priestess. Azantys means either swordsman or swordswoman. Darilaros means either prince or princess. The prophecy doesn't have any other context clues; the pronouns don't specify "he" or "she" either. Blame David Peterson, not HBO.
I don't think the grammar lesson is the issue. It's the timing of it...seems a bit contrived. Should have been brought up earlier/more often.
Greeze06
AG
Sansa is going to try to be the aggressor and f everything up for Jon in the North and LF is gonna swoop in.
hunter2012
AG
AgMarauder04 said:

Hell, we know the unsullied are attacking Casterly Rock next episode.

Since Greyworm got some, he's probably not long for this world.

well he, ate some anyway. As a guy this might be the most tragic scene in GoT so far. Hottest chick in game of Thrones and he can't do his manly duties.
SpreadsheetAg
AG
bonfarr said:

Ervin Burrell said:

Two other observations:

1. Anyone find it weird the maesters won't perform that procedure on people they know will die anyway?

2. Grey Worm was quite intuitive on what to do for being a genital-less first timer.

Dangerous for the surgeon not the patient. The maester said the one who pioneered the procedure died of grayscale.
See I took it to mean, 1) yes he caught grayscale ; 2) if he had the solution, why couldn't he cure himself (or find someone to help him - which I guess is the big risk)
dcaggie04
AG
benchmark said:

G Martin 87 said:

gumby579 said:

Missandei's grammar explanation was correct. Many High Valyrian nouns don't have male/female gender distinctions. For example, voktys means either priest or priestess. Azantys means either swordsman or swordswoman. Darilaros means either prince or princess. The prophecy doesn't have any other context clues; the pronouns don't specify "he" or "she" either. Blame David Peterson, not HBO.
I don't think the grammar lesson is the issue. It's the timing of it...seems a bit contrived. Should have been brought up earlier/more often.
When would have it been appropriate to bring up before? Melisandre has been in male dominated company up until this point. Even if there were people in those companies that understood High Valyrian, they would have been all men. And I highly doubt that any of them would have noted the prince/princess thing. This was the first time she was in a female dominated company.
SpreadsheetAg
AG
Ol Jock 99 said:

Euron's gift: the woman who killed your daughter...and her daughter.
hunter2012
AG
SpreadsheetAg said:

bonfarr said:

Ervin Burrell said:

Two other observations:

1. Anyone find it weird the maesters won't perform that procedure on people they know will die anyway?

2. Grey Worm was quite intuitive on what to do for being a genital-less first timer.

Dangerous for the surgeon not the patient. The maester said the one who pioneered the procedure died of grayscale.
See I took it to mean, 1) yes he caught grayscale ; 2) if he had the solution, why couldn't he cure himself (or find someone to help him - which I guess is the big risk)

can i just point out the awesome transition from Jorah's surgery to the stew.

Also Sam's determination face was hilarious...
SpreadsheetAg
AG
lne2011 said:

It looked to me lik the Sand Snakes cut Euron a couple of times with their blades, which they always poison....
I thought the same thing... unless maybe the poison must be applied just prior to battle or it dissipates - meaning if it was a successful sneak attack then they didn't have any prep time.

Also, how useless is a damned whip on a ship?
Ol Jock 99
AG
One thing that has bugged me about the Unsullied from the very beginning... You don't cut off the balls, and thus the source of testosterone, want if you want to create an army of excellent soldiers. An army of male sopranos, or an army of guys like Varys, ok sure, but not soldiers.

DIDN'T YOU THINK OF THAT MARTIN?!?!?!?
Javelina
AG
Yes, took me a moment to realize they transitioned. The white ooze had me baffled.
Ogre09
AG
AggieChemist said:

Pam Poovey said:

CoachRTM said:

I'm sure Davos is just going to love the fact that Melisandre is around when he and Jon show up to Dragonstone...

Then he will call her out for burning a child alive and Dany will roast her w a dragon. One can hope.
You know, when I read the books, I hated Melisandre.

And then the show happened, and she was a hot readhead with great boobs, and now she's like one of my favorite characters.

It's weird how that works.

Hot girl privilege
Ol Jock 99
AG
Quote:

Euron found a good use for it.
SpreadsheetAg
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Was really hoping for an Arya / Jon reunion, but I will sette for Arya / Sansa.

I think the obvious play here would be to have Arya kill LF, but she'd have to kill an innocent person to steal their face.

Or just do it straight up as Arya.
I am thinking LF trips up soon... and acting-Queen Sansa get to dispose of him.
MW03
AG
A couple of questions for a Monday morning:

- So the Olenna pledged the Tyrell army to Snow. Is that army comprised of the same bannermen (i.e., Tarly) that Jamie and Cersei were courting, or do the Tyrell's have their own army irrespective of what their bannermen decide to do? Speaking of, I thought that scene was awesome. Mr. Tarly is a badass even if he's a ****ty father.

- Is this sequence correct?
  • Yara/Theon steal the armada, head off for Essos to meet with Dany.
  • Meanwhile, Euron rebuilds the fleet.
  • Yara sails Dany and company to Dragonstone.
  • Euron sails to King's Landing and meets with Cersei, who knows Dany is headed for Dragonstone.
  • Dany tells Yara to take Elaria to Dorne to get them ready to sail back to King's Landing
  • En route, Euron catches Yara and destroys the fleet.

- If that sequence is correct, did Dany just lose the ability to get the Dorthraki and Unsullied off Dragonstone, or are we to presume Yara just took a small contingency on the trip to Dorne?

- I guess the Dornish are going to be pissed Cersei has Elaria, but has anyone from Dorne been introduced at this point who can lead that nation against the iron throne, or are the Dornish out of the picture now?
bangobango
AG
SpreadsheetAg said:

lne2011 said:

It looked to me lik the Sand Snakes cut Euron a couple of times with their blades, which they always poison....
I thought the same thing... unless maybe the poison must be applied just prior to battle or it dissipates - meaning if it was a successful sneak attack then they didn't have any prep time.

Appears to be pretty useful for hanging people from the ship.
cupcakesprinkles
AG
Could Tyrion have known that Euron had allied himself with Cersei and therefore setup the Dorne people to get captured/killed by sending them to attack King's Landing? He obviously hated them since they murdered his sister and he had proven himself at being a great strategist so getting completely blindsided and your whole navy destroyed in one night doesn't seem to fit him.
Ogre09
AG
The North remembers!
SpreadsheetAg
AG
PMD03 said:

Yep; and with the WW's coming down (as Jon is soon to explain), she may realize, you have to burn the Lannisters out of King's Landing now, and then turn to face the WWs.
AgMarauder04
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Was really hoping for an Arya / Jon reunion, but I will sette for Arya / Sansa.

I think the obvious play here would be to have Arya kill LF, but she'd have to kill an innocent person to steal their face.

Or just do it straight up as Arya.
Arya does it, takes his face, and impersonates LF to keep the loyalty of the Knights of the Vale.
redline248
AG
Yeah, it appears Euron is able to back up his arrogance. At least against 3 women. Sand snakes and Yara are probably not pre amputation Jaime level, though.
Dro07
AG
Quote:

He obviously hated them since they murdered his sister and he had proven himself at being a great strategist so getting completely blindsided and your whole navy destroyed in one night doesn't seem to fit him.
Whose sister did they murder?
AgMarauder04
AG
He butchered a lot of ironborn before that too.
Ogre09
AG
Greeze06 said:

Sansa is going to try to be the aggressor and f everything up for Jon in the North and LF is gonna swoop in.

Aggressor how? Against white walkers?
M.C. Swag
AG
copy paste error
First Page Last Page
Page 55 of 206

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.