Game of Thrones - Season 7

1,143,921 Views | 7206 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Definitely Not A Cop
Farmer1906
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I got this as a gift last night.

DannyDuberstein
AG
wangus12 said:

FightinTexasAg15 said:

Glad somebody else enjoyed this as much as I did.

Tormund is awesome
Tormund is my spirit animal. Sadly had to execute most of my beard for an interview this week.
Tormund is awesome. Afraid that the dead army that the Hound saw in the fire is going to be the end of Tormund, since that sounds like the castle he's heading to occupy.
redline248
AG
DannyDuberstein said:

I just don't give much of a crap about her story or the kid. When grandpa Craster is also dad Craster, I put a kid in the ******ed category.

She has no story. She's an aspect of Sam's story.
wangus12
AG
Yeah I know. Hope he goes out like a badass
ja86
AG
DannyDuberstein said:

wangus12 said:

FightinTexasAg15 said:

Glad somebody else enjoyed this as much as I did.

Tormund is awesome
Tormund is my spirit animal. Sadly had to execute most of my beard for an interview this week.
Tormund is awesome. Afraid that the dead army that the Hound saw in the fire is going to be the end of Tormund, since that sounds like the castle he's heading to occupy.
Yep, Tormund is about to become an ice zombie. Him and all his wildling friends will meet their end at Eastwatch-by-the-Sea.
benchmark
AG
Couple of questions:
1) I keep getting confused on the difference between white walkers, zombies and wights or whatever they are all called. In an earlier season, something dead was inside the wall and Jon killed it. But I didn't think dead things could cross the wall. Also the wall is supposed to have spells to prevent the dead from crossing. Uncle Ben is part dead? So he can't cross? #gettingsoconfused

2) When Sam is looking at the book about dragon glass, there is a map that shows a city and the location of the mountain with the dragon glass. I can't make that map fit on any of the maps or parts of maps that are being shown of Westeros. Is that city supposed to be Kings Landing or Old Town? Do you think its purposely misleading? As in: everyone thinks it's talking about Dragon Stone but it's really another, unknown until now, source of dragon glass? Inquiring minds want to know....
Ol Jock 99
AG
1) White Walkers are the blueish dudes with white hair. They are their own class of being. The wights are the formerly alive humans reanimated by the White Walkers; same as zombies. Ben is some sort of hybrid.

2) The city in question is Dragonstone.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
1. There are two variants: White Walkers, and the undead/zombies/wights.

From what we've seen:
Wights are killed by fire, and cannot cross it. (The Children used fire to prevent them from entering the Three Eyed Raven's hideout.) They're mindless and can't do much other than follow their White Walker leaders.

White Walkers are ONLY killed by either Valyrian steel or dragon glass. They also seem to be living, intelligent beings who can control the temperature around them, put out fire, etc.

(However we've only ever seen the Night King reanimate dead bodies into wights, create White Walkers, destroy land with magic and even control the weather.)

As for the wight that made it into Castle Black, I can only assume he hadn't actually made it the full way across the wall. Our current understanding is that neither WW nor wights can cross the Wall due to magic. Either that, or they simply have never been across the Wall because they have to be led there by the White Walkers, who cannot cross.

2. It's definitely Dragonstone.
FightinTexasAg15
AG
1) Benjen was attacked by the white walkers, and started to turn but the children of the forest shoved some dragonglass in him before the transformation was complete, so he's partly alive partly dead
M.C. Swag
AG
FightinTexasAg15 said:

1) Benjen was attacked by the white walkers, and started to turn but the children of the forest shoved some dragonglass in him before the transformation was complete, so he's partly alive partly dead
Wonder why that stopped him from turning into a white walker though? Like, how come he maintained his 'humanity' while the Night King didnt?

Although...thinking about it maybe the NK did maintain his humanity and his motivations are consistent with his experiences as a man.
FightinTexasAg15
AG
M.C. Swag said:

FightinTexasAg15 said:

Wonder why that stopped him from turning into a white walker though?

Idk how all the magic and stuff works, but it probably has something to do with the children created the white walkers by putting dragon glass into a person, so it has a reverse effect when going the other way? Who knows.
M.C. Swag
AG
Did they remove the dragonglass from him? I honestly don't remember.
redline248
AG
Regarding the wall's magic, I see 2 possibilities. The wall only stops the white walkers from crossing, or the wight was able to cross bc the night's watch voluntarily brought the body through with them.

I still want to know the range of power on the control/animation of the walkers. For example that wight that attacked old Mormont. Was a walker controlling that from way far away, was it close to the wall, or did the wight have some pre loaded script that executed once inside the wall? Ha
ja86
AG
They probably search out and destroy warm blooded creatures once animated. The book hints at bears and other creatures in the army of the white walkers.
gougler08
AG
redline248 said:

Regarding the wall's magic, I see 2 possibilities. The wall only stops the white walkers from crossing, or the wight was able to cross bc the night's watch voluntarily brought the body through with them.

I still want to know the range of power on the control/animation of the walkers. For example that wight that attacked old Mormont. Was a walker controlling that from way far away, was it close to the wall, or did the wight have some pre loaded script that executed once inside the wall? Ha
A Trojan wight?
BowSowy
AG
How many WW are there? It seems like the maximum we've seen is the 5 or so in the NK's group, but didn't all of Craster's male sons get turned into WW when they were given up as sacrifice? That could mean there are many more than the ~5 we have seen.
Ol Jock 99
AG
There were a bunch in Bran's vision.
redline248
AG
The episode in which we see the king turn the baby there's about a dozen or so.
jenn96
AG
ja86 said:

They probably search out and destroy warm blooded creatures once animated. The book hints at bears and other creatures in the army of the white walkers.
"There are dead things in the water" at Eastwatch, in the book. Always took Cottar Pike's letter to Jon to mean wighted ocean creatures.
CapCityAg89
AG
Wall prevents them from crossing. The wrights were carried into Castle Black. The question I think is why they even appeared dead. Although those at the TER cave were obviously set there to guard - maybe they are given directions/programming.

I do not think the magic for the cave and the wall are the same - I don't buy that Bran opened the wall by passing. It seems Coldhands/Benjin would warn him if that was true.
AggieSouth06
jenn96 said:

ja86 said:

"There are dead things in the water" at Eastwatch, in the book. Always took Cottar Pike's letter to Jon to mean wighted ocean creatures.

Great Wight Sharks

I'll show myself out...
Counterpoint
AG
AggieSouth06 said:

jenn96 said:

ja86 said:

Great Wight Sharks

I'll show myself out...
You can shut down the internet for the day, folks.
dcaggie04
AG
AggieSouth06 said:

jenn96 said:

ja86 said:

Great Wight Sharks

I'll show myself out...
Great, that means we are going to get Sharknado 6: Winter is Chumming.
spanky
AG
There were no tornado sharks in the middle ages
dcaggie04
AG
spanky said:

There were no tornado sharks in the middle ages
None that you were told about.
redline248
AG
This page has definitely hit a high in the peak/valley cycle of between episode discussion.
mickeyrig06sq3
AG
dcaggie04 said:

AggieSouth06 said:

jenn96 said:

ja86 said:

Great Wight Sharks

I'll show myself out...
CE Lounge Lizzard
AG
AggieSouth06 said:

jenn96 said:

ja86 said:

Great Wight Sharks

I'll show myself out...

Definitely Not A Cop
AG
dcaggie04 said:

AggieSouth06 said:

jenn96 said:

ja86 said:

Great Wight Sharks

I'll show myself out...

You joke about that, but you do realize this is a complete possibility, correct?

Sapper Redux
CapCityAg89 said:

Wall prevents them from crossing. The wrights were carried into Castle Black. The question I think is why they even appeared dead. Although those at the TER cave were obviously set there to guard - maybe they are given directions/programming.

I do not think the magic for the cave and the wall are the same - I don't buy that Bran opened the wall by passing. It seems Coldhands/Benjin would warn him if that was true.

If Bran causes the Wall to fall, it'll mean he is far and away the stupidest person in Westeros and completely unfit to be the three-eyed Raven.
CapCityAg89
AG
Dr. Watson said:

CapCityAg89 said:

If Bran causes the Wall to fall, it'll mean he is far and away the stupidest person in Westeros and completely unfit to be the three-eyed Raven.

Yep. That's my point.
MosesHallRAB04
AG
I'm looking to bran warging into a dragon. They keep saying he'll never walk again but he'll fly. If it's anything other than as a dragon that's a huge let down.

Danny rides one and Jon the other
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno
AG
Ol Jock 99
AG
MosesHallRAB04 said:

I'm looking to bran warging into a dragon. They keep saying he'll never walk again but he'll fly. If it's anything other than as a dragon that's a huge let down.
Has he warged into anything on the show? I can't recall.

His visions could be considered flying.
Post removed:
by user
First Page Last Page
Page 45 of 206

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.