Game of Thrones - Season 7

1,124,463 Views | 7206 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Definitely Not A Cop
SpreadsheetAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
El Hombre Mas Guapo said:

In the books - the Iron fleet destroyed the high garden fleet and took the three shield islands? I bet that's his gift - crush the high garden rebels and bring the sand snakes in for justice
That is a long sail all the way around Dorne to the Shields:

See interactive map
Ol Jock 99
AG
SpreadsheetAg said:

LHIOB said:

Im in the camp that it will be someone from Dorne. For Euron to get Tyrion or a dragon he would have to go to Dragonstone which would start the battle.
Isn't Varys in Dorne? Would that be a big enough gift?

He took a speedboat back for the S6 finale. He's with Dany.
CFTXAG10
AG
So are we assuming that Ellaria and the sand snakes are going to be in Dragonstone at some point next episode?
Ol Jock 99
AG
CFTXAG10 said:

So are we assuming that Ellaria and the sand snakes are going to be in Dragonstone at some point next episode?

Maybe one or the other. The power of Dorne is a largely untouched army.
G Martin 87
AG
Ol Jock 99 said:

I don't think anyone in Westeros has a clue about the true nature of the dragons. Remember, the last known dragons were stunted mini versions. Dog sized.

It is going to be shock and awe.
I agree with this. No one in Westeros has seen Dany's dragons first hand yet. Dragons are the equivalent of nukes in medieval warfare. Moreover, they're as big as 747s now. If you had to "catch" an airborne, fire-breathing 747 with breath so hot it melts stone, how would you do it? If that's what Euron is after, he must have the horn.
SpreadsheetAg
AG
G Martin 87 said:

Ol Jock 99 said:

I don't think anyone in Westeros has a clue about the true nature of the dragons. Remember, the last known dragons were stunted mini versions. Dog sized.

I agree with this. No one in Westeros has seen Dany's dragons first hand yet. Dragons are the equivalent of nukes in medieval warfare. Moreover, they're as big as 747s now. If you had to "catch" an airborne, fire-breathing 747 with breath so hot it melts stone, how would you do it? If that's what Euron is after, he must have the horn.
Or he's ignorant and he's going to get burned... like Quentyn Martell

G Martin 87
AG
SpreadsheetAg said:

G Martin 87 said:

Ol Jock 99 said:

Or he's ignorant and he's going to get burned... like Quentyn Martell
Or maybe he'll give Cersei the horn, but leave out the important safety warning. (A mortal man cannot blow the horn and live, but the dragons will obey the horn's "master" anyway.) Cersei blows the horn, burns to death from within, and Euron takes over the dragons during the battle. q.v. http://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Dragonbinder

And thinking further, there's the "no mortal man" provision. What if The Mountain blows it?
OnlyForNow
AG
No the mountain won't blow it.

imo "No mortal man" is setting up the night's king, Jon, or Dany to be the one to blow it. And it'll wake up the stone dragon in Dragonstone.
SpreadsheetAg
AG
OnlyForNow said:

No the mountain won't blow it.

imo "No mortal man" is setting up the night's king, Jon, or Dany to be the one to blow it. And it'll wake up the stone dragon in Dragonstone.
Quote:

the Valyrian glyphs on the horn read, "I am Dragonbinder ... No mortal man should sound me and live ... Blood for fire, fire for blood."

Moqorro says whoever blows the horn will die but any dragons that hear will obey the horn's master. The red priest says Victarion must be made the horn's master and he must claim the horn with blood.

Sounds like the Targaryen words there... and note it says the horn's master will be obeyed (not the blower). And that the horn must be claimed with blood. i.e. Victarion must kill Euron (in the books) to claim the horn? Else, Euron will be the horn / dragon's master if/when it is blown.
Quad Dog
AG
Quote:

"I am Dragonbinder ... No mortal man should sound me and live ... Blood for fire, fire for blood."
So Cersei could blow the horn...
bangobango
AG
M.C. Swag said:

It's just logic. Cersei has never met either of them. Dead or alive, they do nothing for her. They've already joined Dany along with their ships. Killing them doesn't solve any problems ....certainly not to the level of qualifying as 'priceless.'

Dragonglass (maybe), Tyrion, or the actual dragons themselves would be priceless. It's 1 of those three he'll attempt to bring back.

I think you need to reread my post. I said dragons is the priceless gift.
bangobango
AG
Zombie Jon Snow said:

bangobango said:

Ol Jock 99 said:

Cersei doesn't give a single eff about them though.

Not sure where you are getting that from. And Euron wouldn't know that anyways. We have heard the dragons referred to as priceless throughout the series. Only thing I can think of that Euron would consider priceless.

Euron wants their heads (Yara and Theon) more than Cersei does - that makes no sense. If he just wanted their heads he would have just gone after them himself.

candidates

1. the horn
2. tyrion or his head
3. dragon(s) or their head(s)
4. dragonglass
5. a bigger army/allies

Obviously, I did not explain myself well in my previous post.

I think the priceless gift will be a dragon. I think he may deliver something else as A gift, but I do not think that is the only thing he will deliver or try to deliver. I think he is going for the dragons, the other thing is just a collateral gift, so to speak. And I agree, I do not think Cersi will be impresses if that is all he brings to her.
SeattleAgJr
There will be no damn horn in the TV show.

It has not been introduced up to this point; it will not be some 11th hour McGuffin.
redline248
AG
You quoted someone talking about the Greyjoy siblings
Duncan Idaho
SeattleAgJr said:

It has not been introduced up to this point; it will not be some 11th hour McGuffin.

Wrong use of mcguffin. The cats paw is the closest thing to a mcguffin in the show.

There is way too much stuff going on for there not to be some kind of dues ex machina.
M.C. Swag
AG
You did, but then your last sentence that is blacked out mentioned Euron bringing back Theon and Yara's heads as gifts.

Apologies if I misunderstood. The post was a little confusing.
Urban Ag
AG
Duncan Idaho said:

SeattleAgJr said:

Wrong use of mcguffin. The cats paw is the closest thing to a mcguffin in the show.

There is way too much stuff going on for there not to be some kind of dues ex machina.
Disagree. Plenty of options other than inserting a mcguffin or deus ex machina (for the record, I had to look up each of those terms and yes I hated typing that).

As it stands, we have a crazy queen with access to huge amount of wildfire, multiple large standing armies, two armadas, three dragons, a few Valaryian blades, a faceless woman, Melisandre, Sam at the Citadel, Jon, Dany, the new BWOB, and of course, the Nights King, the WW's, and a horde of wights.

Nothing new needs to be added for Westeros to tear itself to shreds.

I really hope they don't bring the horn in to the picture. But the more I think about it, Euron, and the "gift" I am thinking that is what is going to happen. Then of course there is this.

chipotle
Zombie Jon Snow said:

bangobango said:

Ol Jock 99 said:

Cersei doesn't give a single eff about them though.

Not sure where you are getting that from. And Euron wouldn't know that anyways. We have heard the dragons referred to as priceless throughout the series. Only thing I can think of that Euron would consider priceless.

Euron wants their heads (Yara and Theon) more than Cersei does - that makes no sense. If he just wanted their heads he would have just gone after them himself.

candidates

1. the horn
2. tyrion or his head
3. dragon(s) or their head(s)
4. dragonglass
5. a bigger army/allies

He gonna show her the goods:

AgLaw
AG
Urban Ag said:

I really hope they don't bring the horn in to the picture. But the more I think about it, Euron, and the "gift" I am thinking that is what is going to happen. Then of course there is this.

Maybe the gift is a draft of WoW.
streetfighter2012
AG
Any chance that his "gift" has something to do with the area south of the wall known as "the gift"? I'm not sure how it could, but with this story every word choice can have multiple meanings.

Also, when Sansa said she knows what Littlefinger wants she really doesn't. She thinks that he is in love, but all he wants is power. I think Littlefinger would leave the North and join whichever side of the fight that will give him the most power at the end.
redline248
AG
She knows, bc he straight up told her what he wants. And no matter what else, he wants her to be Cat and be his.
dc509
AG
I just think the horn makes sense. Heads of people are wonderful, but this is the "war season," and without something to hinder dragons the war is going to be extremely lopsided. One side can't win that easily. Maybe it ends up being a different object, but the point will be the same.
redline248
AG
Why can't one side win that easy?
Icecream_Ag
S
redline248 said:

Why can't one side win that easy?
IMO the war for Westros will be, but the war against the Night King is where the struggle will happen.
OnlyForNow
AG
I'm down to the gift being either the head of the sand snakes, elleria will be left alive; or the horn.

Also,
Belton Ag
AG
Quote:

Also,
For God's sake, tell us!
AR_Ag95
AG
Belton Ag said:

Quote:

Also,
For God's sake, tell us!

What a tease!
boboguitar
AG
It's too late, GRRM already killed him.
gougler08
AG
boboguitar said:

It's too late, GRRM already killed him.
Post removed:
by user
OnlyForNow
AG
My bad! I wrote that and got interrupted by work and then couldn't figure out what I was going to say.

It was a comment on something someone else wrote though.
frog_killer
AG
whether it's the horn, a **** load of arrows and spears, or the night king, someone is going to take out a dragon or two. Everything will be too easy for Danny with three full grown badass dragons.
Btron
AG
Maybe the dragons will get grayscale and Sam and Jorah will have the cure and that will get him into bed with Dany.
Wizard
I'm looking forward to Littlefinger dying soon
Goldie Wilson
I'm getting pretty tired of the Sansa/LF interactions, so I'd like one of them to die pretty soon. Don't really care which.
First Page Last Page
Page 42 of 206

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.