Game of Thrones - Season 7

1,144,141 Views | 7206 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Definitely Not A Cop
Definitely Not A Cop
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Does Obsidian kill the wights permanently as well?
LHIOB
AG
The Debt said:

Dragons fire applied to swords makes them valyrian?

I guess the iron throne is valyrian steel.
I thought it was...
Brick Tamland
Champ Bailey said:

Does Obsidian kill the wights permanently as well?

Dragonglass is obsidian
JCRiley09
AG
Obsidian and Valyrian Steel kill the white walkers. Fire kills the zombies
gumby579
AG
Is it plausible that with all of their record keeping that the maesters have a "how-to" for forging Valyrian steel? And now with the dragons all someone (Sam) has to do is find the book?
dc509
AG
That's probably has some truth to it, but not the main reason. If someone would kindly explain to me how to blackout paragraphs I will happily give my theory.
powerbelly
AG
[ sp ]text[/ sp ]

put the text you want blackedout in the text spot and delete the spaces.
OnlyForNow
AG
open bracet [, the letter "s", the letter "p", close brackets ] type your message here then [/sp]

Also, quote my text and steal this...

here you go
Charlie Conway
I feel like some of yall don't even watch the same show as me
TheVarian
AG
Predictions...

Jamie kills Cercei

Arya meets back up with her dire wolf and returns home

Gendry comes back into play and creates Valerian steel or meets up with Arya and bam. Love

Sam "borrows" the knowledge needed to kill WW and how to make the steel. Also cures greyscale but takes Jorag to dragon stone. He'll be the test subject for the cure but die in the process, tell Dany goodbye. She'll forgive him

Jon and Danny meet and Wed

Hound fights the mountain. Both die
smokeythebear
AG
JaneDoe02 said:

Anyone have any predictions on what we'll see in episode 1?

I think we'll see "where are they now" for all of our main characters.

Dany and company: arrive at Dragonstone and begin making plans
Jon: settling into his new role as king and brooding about WW
Sansa: at Winterfell pretending to be happy for Jon
Littlefinger: trying to exploit Sansa and get rid of Jon
Arya: hopefully reunited with Nymeria and heading North where she'll run into...
The Hound and BWOB: headed to the "real war" north of the wall
(Hopefully Arya will cross the red woman off her list somewhere in here)
Jamie: in KL with Cersei and unhappy

Scenes I most want to see this season:
Arya/Nymeria reunion
Jon/Dany meeting
Tryrion/Jamie reunion
Tryrion/Podrick reunion
Arya/The Hound reunion
Everyone's reactions to seeing the dragons for the first time!
Pretty much spot on except for Arya
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
If these are actual spoilers meant to be passed off as predictions I'm gonna be pissed.
JaneDoe02
AG
Thanks! I did not see the Frey opener coming. lol!
M.C. Swag
AG
I don't read anyone that posts predictions for that very reason. I'm down for analytical discussion of scenes and what they could potentially mean, but when someone comes out and posts unsolicited predictions like that, I can't help but be wary.
SeattleAgJr
Brian Earl Spilner said:

If these are actual spoilers meant to be passed off as predictions I'm gonna be pissed.
that is my thought as well.

I have read the spoilers for the rest of the season and one or two people have thrown out things that NO ONE would have logically come up with yet they throw it out with the rest of their laundry list

JaneDoe02
AG
Also, I'm wondering how the Dothraqui are going to do in cold weather. It seems like they're really going to struggle with snow.
Apache
AG
I've said it before & I'll say it again: GRRM will write an ending different ending for the books than the series.
It'll drive up sales & he can explore different story arcs with The Golden Company, Aegon, Victarion, etc.
OnlyForNow
AG
At this point, Sam figuring out how to cure or treat greyscale is basically a foregone conclusion.

The only thing not a "duh" at this point is J &D and the big G.
tremble
AG
I'll be a little disappointed if Sam magically finds the cure buried in a random book in the Citadel. This is a disease that's been going around for a long time and just finding a cure would be silly, particularly for someone who has shown no inclination of being some type of medical savant.
Sapper Redux
JaneDoe02 said:

Also, I'm wondering how the Dothraqui are going to do in cold weather. It seems like they're really going to struggle with snow.

Are those the metrosexual Dothraki?
jamaggie06
AG
"I think he just grabbed at the bowl, but I'm not certain. Would be a dick move on Jorah's part. I doubt Sam will get infected."

I dont know why, but this made me laugh! Yes, it would be a dick move.

But, does anyone (meaning fans) actually like Sam? I find him and most of his storylines boring.
Madman
AG
The actor that portrays him as at least improved over time. Some of his early appearances in the show were just cringy.
LHIOB
AG
I think Sam is great. He was a weak coward and hes grown a lot.
Squirrel Master
AG
I'll throw out some thoughts:

No one is curing greyscale in this show. Sam curing it would be absolutely ridiculous. He may provide useful info about where to find Dragonglass to Jon, and learn some other things. To be honest, I was surprised how big a role he played in Ep1. I figure the Jorah appearance was just a token crossing of paths to show Jorah made it there is getting treatment, as he was commanded to do.

Gendry never appears in the show again. At this point, I can't tell if predictions about him appearing are serious or jokes. Some are presented as serious, but surely not.

Jamie is really wasted in KL. He's completely emasculated at this point around Queen Cersei. Hopefully Bronn starts hanging around the castle, or he heads out on another roadtrip ASAP. His character can be so interesting, but other than being Mayweather to Euron's McGregor in that one scene, I feel he'll be wasted in KL unless he's willing to actually really step up to Cersei.

I wonder if Jamie will ever cross paths with Brienne ever again.

No idea what Euron's gift could be. Book people referring to something that could control dragons. Seems like a big stretch without some significant more development on what that is/where it comes from/how he got it. Promising Tyrion makes no sense without having some known access to him, so surely that's not it either.

I won't pretend to be able to guess what Littlefinger's play will be from here.

Arya heading north will be nice. And I assume someone at the Wall will communicate that Bran is there. Seems like we're very close to full-on Stark reunion at Winterfell, after all the close calls in the past. Maybe something derails, but seems like it should happen.

LHIOB
AG
Arya is headed south
OnlyForNow
AG
Except Arya is heading south.
dc509
AG
OnlyForNow said:

open bracet [, the letter "s", the letter "p", close brackets ] type your message here then [/sp]

Also, quote my text and steal this...

here you go

Gracias.

Ok, the reason I think Dragon Binder is the gift is because without it Daenery's army is practically unstoppable. It could be a different object, but the point is the same. The horn just happens to be in the source material. Cersei needs an ally, and he's promised her something amazing. Bring her Tyrion or the Sand Snakes, and they still burn up in dragon fire. Which they probably end up doing anyway, but this gives them a chance. I also really dislike pointless plots, and if he brings something short of a weapon to fight dragons he is useless. I fully admit my distaste for that is driving my theory. In the book he finds the horn in Valeryia, and so conceivably that's where he's headed. Could also be useful against the Night King.
Capitol Ag
AG
Stive said:

The guy (Al Swearengen) that he was hanging out with last season that was building a building. Then the group got killed by the Brotherhood bad guys that Thoros and Beric were in the process of hanging when the hound found them. There's a conversation that he and that character have where the character mentions finding him and barely saving him.
Thanks!
Line Ate Member
AG
Didn't they already cure it? Stannis's daughter no longer had hers spreading on her body. All they have to do is find all of the notes from that situation.

How has nobody on the show put these together yet?
CFTXAG10
AG
TheVarian
AG
I haven't read the books nor read anything pertaining to spoilers. These are just my thoughts/ramblings
TheVarian
AG
Again, have not read anything nor see anything pertaining to spoilers. These are just my thoughts about what I've seen throughout the series

Get your panties out of a wad
M.C. Swag
AG
your, nor anyone's, opinions on the show will ever get my 'panties in a wad.' But i like where your confidence is!
MBAR
AG
Apache said:

I've said it before & I'll say it again: GRRM will write an ending different ending for the books than the series.
It'll drive up sales & he can explore different story arcs with The Golden Company, Aegon, Victarion, etc.

LOL, GRRM is never finishing the books man.
MBAR
AG
Madman said:

The actor that portrays him as at least improved over time. Some of his early appearances in the show were just cringy.
That was the point...
First Page Last Page
Page 39 of 206

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.