Game of Thrones - Season 7

1,138,877 Views | 7206 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Definitely Not A Cop
Greeze06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
1. I never thought it was a flash forward. Appears to be them marching down to the wall.
2. Looks nothing like wun wun.
3. Didn't see a missing eye. Saw a white walker blue eye.
4. Sam mentioning mining dragonstone for glass, Jon talking about using dragonglass, and Dany being in Dragonstone is probably all related to how she will turn her attention to fight the we.
5. Who the he'll is Ed Sheehan?
TyHolden
AG
Ed sheeran's head will be used to kill white walkers
Line Ate Member
AG
The worst WW we will see is Hodor. I really do hope they don't do that...
Obi Wan Ginobili
Line Ate Member said:

If GRRM still had any juice with HBO, you know they will.

Sick ******* loves that *****
Deputy Travis Junior
bangobango said:

I was okay with Ed Sheeran, but I hope they do not start making that a regular thing. Do it once or so, it is kind of cool. Do it several times a season and it gets old fast.

Actually, they've already done it several times. They've had a number of musician cameos over the years.
Mucho austin
AG
Line Ate Member said:

It would be more realistic than wun wun.

And does it really matter if wun wun is a WW? It's not like they are going to focus an episode on his story line.

Also, it was extremely obvious it was Jorah at the citadel without the subtitles. 1. It sounded like him. 2. He had a freaking stone arm. 3. He asked about Dany.
Javelina
AG
They showed his face in profile. Even though it was in the shadows, it was pretty obvious it was him; especially given the voice and the questions he was asking.
bangobango
AG
Deputy Travis Junior said:

bangobango said:

I was okay with Ed Sheeran, but I hope they do not start making that a regular thing. Do it once or so, it is kind of cool. Do it several times a season and it gets old fast.

Actually, they've already done it several times. They've had a number of musician cameos over the years.

I was thinking they did with rains of castemere at some point, but I honestly cannot remember, which means theyre not overdoing it, I guess.
wangus12
AG
Pretty sure that was the Coldplay guys right
Sapper Redux
fta09 said:

redline248 said:

Euron clowning on Jaime was pretty funny.
I loved The Hound's crack about the man bun. "You think you're fooling anyone with that topknot?"

Rory McCann is a great actor, especially as the Hound. Still, I can't help but think, "Yarp!" every time I see him.
FightinTexasAg15
AG
wangus12 said:

Pretty sure that was the Coldplay guys right
Yep.
Farmer1906
AG
Sigue Ros, Coldplay, Snow Patrol, Of Monsters & Men, and now Ed Sheeran have all had cameos.
FightinTexasAg15
AG
Jinx
Ogre09 said:

Duncan Idaho said:

Lady mormont was awesome.

Almost as awesome as the wildling hitting on phasma

Phasma?

The actress who plays Brienne also plays Captain Phasma in the most recent Star Wars films. You don't see her face as she is in Stormtrooper garb.

I was very happy to see Jim Broadbent. Kind if surprised Dragonstone was completely uninhabited, even though Stannis abandoned it you'd think someone had moved in on it. But then again, I suppose there is no one left to hold it.

Zombie Jon Snow
AG
Mucho austin said:

Line Ate Member said:

It would be more realistic than wun wun.

And does it really matter if wun wun is a WW? It's not like they are going to focus an episode on his story line.

Also, it was extremely obvious it was Jorah at the citadel without the subtitles. 1. It sounded like him. 2. He had a freaking stone arm. 3. He asked about Dany.

Agreed on both. I don't even care that it is Wun Wun I only said it was possible. But it wouldn't even matter if it was. I get that he sacrificed himself but was anyone really attached to Wun Wun??

As for Jorah yeah I don't know how anyone could mistake that - the context, what he said, the arm, the accent, then his profile for good measure.

It was as blatant to me as Walder Frey was going to be Arya.

boboguitar
AG
How is wun wun a WW even possible? It would require the wall to come down, the WE to invade, the WW to take winterfell and figure out where he was buried and rez him all in one episode.
Tree Hugger
AG
boboguitar said:

How is wun wun a WW even possible? It would require the wall to come down, the WE to invade, the WW to take winterfell and figure out where he was buried and rez him all in one episode.
It wouldn't have to be in one episode, but their advancement south of the wall is a distinct possibility.
TX_AG_10
AG
This was a good episode overall, but to me it just felt different. I can't really put a finger on it but it didn't seem like your usual episodes from the past. Is Season 7 the first time they are veering from the books, or was that last season? I think one of the strangest things to me was the poop cut scene. I can't recall having a light hearted/humorous scene like that in the past seasons. (I also don't have the best memory)

But maybe that's what they were aiming for.. Tone down the serious business that's been occurring for the past episodes and lighten it up a bit.

Looking forward to following this thread again this season..
Ranger222
AG
This thread makes my head hurt
KidDoc
AG
TX_AG_10 said:

This was a good episode overall, but to me it just felt different. I can't really put a finger on it but it didn't seem like your usual episodes from the past. Is Season 7 the first time they are veering from the books, or was that last season? I think one of the strangest things to me was the poop cut scene. I can't recall having a light hearted/humorous scene like that in the past seasons. (I also don't have the best memory)

But maybe that's what they were aiming for.. Tone down the serious business that's been occurring for the past episodes and lighten it up a bit.

Last season was beyond the books already for the most part.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
FightinTexasAg15
AG
TX_AG_10 said:

This was a good episode overall, but to me it just felt different. I can't really put a (little)finger on it but it didn't seem like your usual episodes from the past. Is Season 7 the first time they are veering from the books, or was that last season? I think one of the strangest things to me was the poop cut scene. I can't recall having a light hearted/humorous scene like that in the past seasons. (I also don't have the best memory)
There were a lot more jokes/light hearted-ness in this episode.

""No need to seize the last word Lord Baelish, I will assume it was something clever."

""So here I am with 1000 ships and two good hands."

"I'm queen on the Seven Kingdoms."
"Well... 3 tops."

"You're not fooling anyone with that top knot, ya bald ****"

"You killed your brother"
"You should try it sometime"
redline248
AG
Not really HBO's fault they've moved past the books, though...
TX_AG_10
AG
Yeah that was kind of my point. Lots of jokes this episode, but it last season seemed like all business, so I was expecting all business from the get go. I'm sure there were jokes last season, I just don't remember them.
aggie7911
How did the rock guy end up in prison?
wangus12
AG
TX_AG_10 said:

Yeah that was kind of my point. Lots of jokes this episode, but it last season seemed like all business, so I was expecting all business from the get go. I'm sure there were jokes last season, I just don't remember them.
Probably because they're planning on kicking the audience in the nuts multiple times later on
FightinTexasAg15
AG
I don't think we know yet
Saul Goodman
AG
Really good episode. I liked the humor via dialogue. However, I wasn't a big fan of the poop montage. It works for Breaking Bad/Better Call Saul, but it didn't feel like the right tone for GOT.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
bangobango said:

Zombie Jon Snow said:

Champ Bailey said:

Was that Wun Wun as a wight? It sure seemed like him, but how did he get north of the Wall?

Who said it was north of the wall? Could easily have been around Winterfell after the winter has arrived.

It was a flash forward so it is possible.

Where are you getting it was a flash forward?

Well a little bit of 2+2...I thought it was pretty clear but....

it ends with a snap back to Bran with his eyes rolled back. We've seen before (Cersei and wildfyre) that he can see the future as well as the past.

at the start the shot shows a field with some tumbling kind of grass or shrubs....as the storm cloud that accompanies them swallows it all up it turns completely white. we've never seen anything north of the wall that wasn't completely covered in ice and snow.

so it appears to me that it is south of the wall in an area not yet completely covered by ice and snow and since Winterfell already was covered in ice and snow (we saw at the end of S6 as Melisandre rode off for example as well as scenes later in this episode) it may even be south of Winterfell or maybe just another area on the way to Winterfell(??). . Since Winter is here..I'm presuming the ice and snow hasn't cleared in areas already covered.

And lastly just applying some logic we've already seen scenes of the WW army marching toward the wall (without showing a vision from Bran as well).. why would we need to see that again in present time. And if it was in present time - why would you need to show Bran seeing it in his visions. You could just show it as is without Bran.

So basically Bran's involvement means its either a past or future vision - and showing a past vision also serves no purpose here.

therefore....it's the future.
BowSowy
AG
I don't think he was in prison. I think he went away, seeking medical treatment and ended up at the Citadel where he's probably quarantined.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
aggie7911 said:

I don't think it's prison really - more of an isolation or quarantine - so as not to infect anyone.

I guess he went to the Citadel to find a cure and they are maybe treating him but also keeping him from infecting others.

EDIT - what ^he said....your reply beat mine as I was typing.
hunter2012
AG
Tree Hugger said:

boboguitar said:

It wouldn't have to be in one episode, but their advancement south of the wall is a distinct possibility.

Jon is smart enough to brun the bodies after the battle...
OnlyForNow
AG
So, can we discuss wights? As a break from the discussion about musicians and the poop scene. (Although one thing this accomplished was to shown when Sam got there and how long it's been) his kid can talk now, so... it's been a while. Strange though his dad hasn't found him yet.

I feel that as the WW Army advances south, anything dead is raised to join their ranks, that's why there are all forms of decayed human and animals with them.

Although no ice spiders or other beasties.
Btron
AG
TX_AG_10 said:

I agree totally. It felt like to me they were playing to the audience, the pop culture front runner, and the twitter, internet, meme culture too. It seemed too campy, wink wink at the camera like you know the audience is watching and will pick up on this. It mostly happened with Tormund caught Brienne's eye. For a badass like him to turn to puppy dog love mush just doesn't fit.
boboguitar
AG
aggie7911 said:

Who says it's prison?
bangobango
AG
Zombie Jon Snow said:

bangobango said:

Zombie Jon Snow said:

Champ Bailey said:

Was that Wun Wun as a wight? It sure seemed like him, but how did he get north of the Wall?

Who said it was north of the wall? Could easily have been around Winterfell after the winter has arrived.

It was a flash forward so it is possible.

Where are you getting it was a flash forward?

Well a little bit of 2+2...I thought it was pretty clear but....

it ends with a snap back to Bran with his eyes rolled back. We've seen before (Cersei and wildfyre) that he can see the future as well as the past.

at the start the shot shows a field with some tumbling kind of grass or shrubs....as the storm cloud that accompanies them swallows it all up it turns completely white. we've never seen anything north of the wall that wasn't completely covered in ice and snow.

so it appears to me that it is south of the wall in an area not yet completely covered by ice and snow and since Winterfell already was covered in ice and snow (we saw at the end of S6 as Melisandre rode off for example as well as scenes later in this episode) it may even be south of Winterfell or maybe just another area on the way to Winterfell(??). . Since Winter is here..I'm presuming the ice and snow hasn't cleared in areas already covered.

And lastly just applying some logic we've already seen scenes of the WW army marching toward the wall (without showing a vision from Bran as well).. why would we need to see that again in present time. And if it was in present time - why would you need to show Bran seeing it in his visions. You could just show it as is without Bran.

So basically Bran's involvement means its either a past or future vision - and showing a past vision also serves no purpose here.

therefore....it's the future.

Eh, I am not convinced. I think they were just showing **** is about to get real. A future vision serves no purpose in my mind. A current vision sets a sense of urgency in the proceedings. Now we have a mental countdown that winter is definitely coming.
First Page Last Page
Page 34 of 206

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.