Game of Thrones - Season 7

1,138,564 Views | 7206 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Definitely Not A Cop
bedofbrass33
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
bkag9824 said:

Something I've been wondering...

If the High Septon/Maester/whomever performed a legitimate marriage & recorded as such in his notes, why didn't he just send word out to the Kingdoms at the start of Robert's Rebellion?

Wouldn't his confirmation of their marriage headed off the rebellion itself? Not a book reader, so I'm sure I'm missing something. But it just seems silly that the Septon/Maester wouldn't have tried to stop all the bloodshed by proving the legitimacy.
Lyanna being "kidnapped" was only the start. Don't forget, Aerys burned Ned's father and brother when they went to ask that Lyanna be returned to them. There was quite a bit more Northern anger once that happened.
bangobango
AG
Don't think Robert would have believed it, either.
RDV-1992
bedofbrass33 said:

bkag9824 said:

If the High Septon/Maester/whomever performed a legitimate marriage & recorded as such in his notes, why didn't he just send word out to the Kingdoms at the start of Robert's Rebellion?

Wouldn't his confirmation of their marriage headed off the rebellion itself? Not a book reader, so I'm sure I'm missing something. But it just seems silly that the Septon/Maester wouldn't have tried to stop all the bloodshed by proving the legitimacy.
Lyanna being "kidnapped" was only the start. Don't forget, Aerys burned Ned's father and brother when they went to ask that Lyanna be returned to them. There was quite a bit more Northern anger once that happened.

This. Plus, (in the books at least) after the mad king burned Rickon and killed Brandon, he demanded that Ned and Robert come to Kings Landing. Maybe to reaffirm their oaths of loyalty. Maybe to kill them. That's also why Robert, Ned, and Jon Arryn (both boys were his wards) rebelled.
wangus12
AG
bedofbrass33 said:

bkag9824 said:

They didn't exactly ask....Brandon Stark walked into the Great Hall yelling for Rhaegar to come out and die
nikator
AG
Along with Rickard and Brandon Stark, Aerys also killed the lords who accompanied Brandon (except Ethan Glover) and their fathers (who were also summoned to answer for their sons).

He also executed Jon Arryn's nephew and then heir Elbert Arryn (Jon married Lysa later when Ned married Cat).

So basically the North and the Vale were pretty pissed.

And then Aerys II demanded Jon Arryn execute his wards Ned and Robert and send him their heads. He refused and that kicked off the rebellion.
---------------

"A man without a belly is like a house without a balcony"
- Old Turkish saying
RDV-1992
nikator said:

Along with Rickard and Brandon Stark, Aerys also killed the lords who accompanied Brandon (except Ethan Glover) and their fathers (who were also summoned to answer for their sons).

He also executed Jon Arryn's nephew and then heir Elbert Arryn (Jon married Lysa later when Ned married Cat).

So basically the North and the Vale were pretty pissed.

And then Aerys II demanded Jon Arryn execute his wards Ned and Robert and send him their heads. He refused and that kicked off the rebellion.
Bunbury
AG
So what's the realistic way the final 6 episodes could play out? It seems like there can only be one battle with the army of the dead, since going in multiple waves will just strengthen the night king's army. They can maybe stretch it to two if the men lose the first battle in the north, and then a final Fire/Ice battle in King's Landing.

And is there any chance the Night King wins in any capacity? Because if not, it's a huge loss of drama if we all assume what's inevitable. Doesn't seem like there's much room to develop plot in the final 6 episodes, so it's just a matter of who lives through the war and who doesn't.
Squirrel Master
AG
As much as some people like to post that "If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention" Ramsey quote, I can't imagine the show ends with the Night King winning the war and all of our main characters dying. I think reasonable things to see in the last season would be:

- Two battles with the dead, the first of which the living either lose or take heavy losses.
- One of these battles will feature dragon v dragon battle.
- Cersei is killed at some point
- Qyburn is killed at some point
- Some or many of our main characters are killed
- Dead main characters appear as wights in the army of the dead
- Some combo of Tyrion/Jon/Dany (but not all) survive to the end and win, but at great cost. King's Landing may be destroyed. A major character will be the winner in the end, though.
TheEyeGuy
Sponsor
AG
Pam Poovey said:

PatAg said:

Oahu_Gigem said:

So how is Cersei going to pay for the Golden Company if the gold never made it to KL? :thonking:

Well two things
First the gold was to pay the iron bank, who would then be fronting new money to buy the gold cloaks
Second, they specifically gave us a scene to say the money made it into Kings landing

The gold's arrival into KL is now the Ent Board version of The Hit.

I just want to know if we will ever see Howland Reed. Seriously. He seems way too important to the past to never be in the show.
I was like... what?

mickeyrig06sq3
AG
Quote:

Some combo of Tyrion/Jon/Dany (but not all) survive to the end and win, but at great cost. King's Landing may be destroyed.
Didn't Dany and Bran both have visions of an abandoned throne room with snow coming in through the ceiling?
sushi94
AG
Does Jorah die protecting Dany? or does he kill Jon in a fit of jealousy?
Urban Ag
AG
Squirrel Master said:

As much as some people like to post that "If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention" Ramsey quote, I can't imagine the show ends with the Night King winning the war and all of our main characters dying. I think reasonable things to see in the last season would be:

- Two battles with the dead, the first of which the living either lose or take heavy losses.
- Some combo of Tyrion/Jon/Dany (but not all) survive to the end and win, but at great cost. King's Landing may be destroyed. A major character will be the winner in the end, though.
Won't deny that I've put a good deal of thought in to my Season 8 GOT Dead Pool. And the way characters developed (some strangely) in S7 had changed my opinion somewhat. So, without providing reason, here's how I think the Dead Pool goes.

Lives
Dolourus Edd, Tormund, Sansa, Brienne, Pod, Davos, Gendry, Missandie, Asha/Yarra, Bronn, Hotpie, Nymeria, Samwell, Gilly

Dies
Ghost, Beric, Jorah, Melisandre, Varys, Theon, Tyrion, Cercei, Jamie, Qyburn, Euron, The Mountain, Drogon, Rhaegal

Coin Flip
NK, Jon, Arya, Bran, Dany, The Hound, Grey Worm

Basing this on book prophecies, foreshadowing, characters that just aint gonna make it/destined to sacrifice themselves, fan favorites, characters that just have to die (I'm looking at you Qyburn), hunches, and whether or not their death really adds anything (for example, what could Missandie dyeing do for the story?)
redline248
AG
Ghost has to be around in order to die.
The Dog Lord
AG
Squirrel Master said:

Quote:

So what's the realistic way the final 6 episodes could play out? It seems like there can only be one battle with the army of the dead, since going in multiple waves will just strengthen the night king's army. They can maybe stretch it to two if the men lose the first battle in the north, and then a final Fire/Ice battle in King's Landing.

And is there any chance the Night King wins in any capacity? Because if not, it's a huge loss of drama if we all assume what's inevitable. Doesn't seem like there's much room to develop plot in the final 6 episodes, so it's just a matter of who lives through the war and who doesn't.

A lot of this seems likely. I don't think Cersei's "wait and see" plan will happen whether she wants it to or not. The living either lose an initial battle and retreat south or build in a fighting-retreat strategy to force the rest of Westeros to join the fight. I think the first is more likely to happen in the show since the northerners seem hell bent on making a stand at Winterfell.

There will definitely be heavy loses, but there may not even be a "victory." It may result in some sort of truce similar to what seems to have happened during the Age of Heroes, especially if some of the present events are related to breaking some part of an ancient agreement to begin with. I think the show is more likely to have a definitive ending with a victory though.
MSFC Aggie
AG
I'd like to see Jon on a dragon
AgLaw
AG
MSFC Aggie said:

Apparently, you missed the season finale.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
AgLaw said:

MSFC Aggie said:

Oh yeah!!!!

Brown chicken brown cow.....
redline248
AG
AgLaw said:

MSFC Aggie said:

The Debt
AgLaw said:

MSFC Aggie said:

I think we are done here. No more season 7 to discuss.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
The Debt said:

AgLaw said:

MSFC Aggie said:

I think we are done here. No more season 7 to discuss.

seconded and granted. lock it down....

https://texags.com/forums/13/topics/2877532/replies/49700940

MSFC Aggie
AG
AgLaw said:

MSFC Aggie said:

Wow....that was a fat pitch, wasn't it?
bearamedic99
AG
Madman said:

Actually come to think of it.

Maybe Joel is Peter!

i don't even know what I'm looking at.
outlawag
AG
The Night King is Josh Rosen, and the army of the dead is UCLA.

Icecream_Ag
S
outlawag said:

does that make sumlin, chavis, or mazzone jon snow?
plowboy1065
S
Icecream_Ag said:

outlawag said:

Sumlin is Littlefinger. Says what needs to be said to advance himself but it's finally catching up with him.
Icecream_Ag
S
plowboy1065 said:

Icecream_Ag said:

outlawag said:

Sumlin is Littlefinger. Says what needs to be said to advance himself but it's finally catching up with him.
does that make Ole Miss and Miss State the Stark sisters?
Jason_Ag98
AG
Don't turn this into a Sumlin thread.
plowboy1065
S
Icecream_Ag said:

plowboy1065 said:

Icecream_Ag said:

outlawag said:

does that make Ole Miss and Miss State the Stark sisters?

The Mountian is LSU, Bama is Cersi, can't think straight enough to even finish my thoughts I'm so pissed
aggietony2010
AG
Jason_Ag98 said:

Don't turn this into a Sumlin thread.

Season 7 is over. Might as well nuke this thread.
Humorous Username
AG
The football program is Jorah Mormont.

Championships are Dany.

And Reality is Jon Snow.
PatAg
AG
Squirrel Master said:

The thing is, all the horrible stuff that happens has no frame of reference if no good is allowed to occur.
Joseph Parrish
AG
Humorous Username said:

Championships are Dany.

And Reality is Jon Snow.

I'm guessing you mean the stabbed in the heart Jon Snow instead of the heir to the throne.
Humorous Username
AG
Joseph Parrish said:

Humorous Username said:

Championships are Dany.

And Reality is Jon Snow.

I'm guessing you mean the stabbed in the heart Jon Snow instead of the heir to the throne.

More along the lines of being c**k-blocked.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Kevin Sumlin is The Tickler and we are some poor ******* with a bucket with a rat in it strapped to our chest.
No Bat Soup For You
AG
Aggie fans are Reek and Aggie Football is Ramsay.
First Page Last Page
Page 204 of 206

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.