Game of Thrones - Season 7

1,146,990 Views | 7206 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Definitely Not A Cop
nikator
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Bazooka Joe said:

Has anybody speculated on the bitter sweet end GRRM referred to for the close of the show? My guess is, after the NK and Lannisters are vanquished, Dany gives birth to Jon/Aegon's child who will be the heir to the throne (giving a natural heir as discussed previously) and Dany dying during childbirth. Doesn't the mother of the rightful Targ heir seem to always die during childbirth? Didn't Tyrian, Jon/Aegon, & Dany all leave dead mommy's on the birthin' bed?

Anyway, it's my guess.
Given the conversation with Beric in Episode 6, I think it is more likely that Jon dies taking out the Night King (fulfilling the reason for his resurrection) leaving Dany preggers with their incest baby. But that is just my opinion.

I don't see them both surviving.
---------------

"A man without a belly is like a house without a balcony"
- Old Turkish saying
wangus12
AG
Madman said:

All dragons dead but replaced by a child is my guess.
Kinda where I'm leaning at this point. And that Westeros is going to be absolutely devastated. Lots of dead characters, but I think Jon and Dany should make it. The director of episode 6 said GRRM basically told them in season 1 that the story was more or less about Jon and Dany and their coming together. If one of them dies, it is no longer bittersweet. It becomes a tragic story. Both of them are the main people in this story and at this point they are in love with each other. They as well as most of the characters have already lost/suffered so much and more are sure to die during the Great War. Martin considers LOTR to be a bittersweet ending and nearly all the characters survive that tale.

nikator
AG
The way almost nobody is paying attention to food supplies a large chunk of Westeros may starve to death unless they kill the Night King quickly and break the cycle of winters extending over multiple years.
---------------

- Old Turkish saying
The Debt
nikator said:

The way almost nobody is paying attention to food supplies a large chunk of Westeros may starve to death unless they kill the Night King quickly and break the cycle of winters extending over multiple years.

Dany blowing up carts to please the audience will come back to bite them.
bangobango
AG
I don't think there is any way Jon and Dany both survive.
Jason_Ag98
AG
RDV-1992 said:

Urban Ag said:

And can anyone explain what was up with Tyrion standing outside the door? That was weird/awkward.
Tyrion is like the Night's Watch.

They are the Watchers on the Wall.

Tyrion is the Watcher in the Hall. I'm sure he will be joined soon by Jorah.
redline248
AG
wangus12 said:

https://imgur.com/a/i5dsO

Ags4DaWin
Almost all the great houses are in tatters. Dany keeps talking about breaking the wheel. And Tyrion mentions that any sort of reform will require more than a lifetime. The last two Battle John has been in (the magnificent 7 and the Battle of the *******s) he went solo and tried to single handedly save the day.
Also John has always been a sad character, sad and self sacrificing. Characters like that often don't get to be happy for long. The happiest he has been was with the red head and now Dany. He doesn't want to rule and he hates fighting. It is highly likely that he will be killed off at the end.

I am thinking that maybe he sacrifices himself to kill the NK. Dany ends up preggers. And she and he descendants become responsible for Westeros being ruled by a council of houses (sort of like a the House of Lords in Britain) with the Targaryens presiding over it. A form of rudimentary constitutional monarchy.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
yes lots of foreshadowing to a different form of governing...and heirs.....and to sacrifices, etc.

breaking the wheel might mean - a three headed form of government - Tyrion, Jon and Dany - in the north south and middle. Level headed decisions seem to be made when you have to have 2 of the 3 agree.

Or Jon dies but does impregnate her...or she dies in childbirth but leaves an heir.

Personally I think it's likely one dies, they form a new government, and leave an heir to the throne (or heir to the Targ name anyway, Sansa carries on the Stark name)....plus kill the NK/Bran to end the cycle of WWs and bring lasting peace. but the dragons die too leaving the world of magic behind forever to be lost to time.

Cersei either miscarries or has an abomination of a dwarf child cuz of incest - Jamie kills her (may be unrelated).

combat wombat™
AG
I actually thought last night that Jon put a baby in her. That makes him expendable. Not good.
redline248
AG
If Jon dies, it'll be the finale or episode right before the finale.
TCTTS
AG
RC_57
AG
Ok. We're sitting around stranded in Cypress and discussing the relation between Jon and Danny: Brother/Sister or Nephew/Aunt?

I say nephew/aunt
Javelina
AG
His father is her brother. Nephew and aunt.
RC_57
AG
Thank you sir
EFE
AG
Jon and Danny's baby be like:
wangus12
AG
Ugh this is gonna be a long wait. But if they stay true to doing feature length episodes I'll be ok
MaroonStain
AG
Alright...the real question...

WHO is going to start the Season 8 thread?
tomtomdrumdrum
AG
And who is going to start the Season 8 no spoilers seriously you guys thread?
Bazooka Joe
AG
MaroonStain said:

Not it!
Agnzona
Some here have speculated Feb. 2019 if they don't want to go head to head with the NFL otherwise Sep/Oct 2018. Anywhy time to cancel HBO for a year.
Javelina
AG
Cancelled last night, maybe 15 minutes after it ended.
benchmark
AG
powerbelly51 said:

Quote:

Also, something I have not yet seen mentioned - Jaime is riding North to help fight. Presumably the three eyed raven now knows who crippled him....
Pretty sure he has always known.
NM already addressed....
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
MaroonStain said:

I believe it is my honor....I just banged the dragon queen!!!!!
Mantis Toboggan MD
AG
Zombie Jon Snow said:

MaroonStain said:

I believe it is my honor....I just banged my aunt!!!!!

FIFY
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
...but I don't know that....thanks for the SPOILER dude.
Mantis Toboggan MD
AG
Zombie Jon Snow said:

...but I don't know that....thanks for the SPOILER dude.

Apologies, I forgot that you know nothing, Zombie Jon Snow.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
DannyDuberstein
AG
I'm keeping hbo so i can get my fill of liberal ****nuts like John Oliver, Bill Maher, and vice.
InternetFan02
AG

God I hope they don't go this way with Tyrion but this article shows all the evidence that it's coming - Tyrion lusts for Dany and becomes jealous of Jon, developing a rivalry and love triangle
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
I get it for free. No need to cancel.

Att promo if you have cell plan with unlimited plan.
marble rye
AG
Question about the NK flying on Viserion. Does the wight-ing of a dragon make them able to have a non-Targ rider?
nikator
AG
Pam Poovey said:

Question about the NK flying on Viserion. Does the wight-ing of a dragon make them able to have a non-Targ rider?
Dragon riders generally need some Valyrian dragon rider blood in them. In Westeros with the exception of a couple of houses like House Velaryon the Targs are the only Valyrian house and may be the only dragon riders among them.

So not all dragon riders need Targ blood.

For the night king, the act of zombifying Viserion probably gives him the control needed.
---------------

- Old Turkish saying
The Debt
Pam Poovey said:

The real question is: since Bran is the Nk, why doesn't he warg-control the dragon?
Dro07
AG
Ugh
plowboy1065
S
The Debt said:

Pam Poovey said:

The real question is: since Bran is the Nk, why doesn't he warg-control the dragon?

That's in Season 8 ep. 3
First Page Last Page
Page 200 of 206

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.