Game of Thrones - Season 7

1,147,095 Views | 7206 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Definitely Not A Cop
SeattleAgJr
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Pam Poovey said:

Soooo...where did those dragon eggs come from initially as a wedding gift? And can that fool get any more?

Dragons arent male or female, right? Why hasn't any of those 3 shat out a few?
they were wedding gifts to Dany; thought to be fossilized.

maybe they are not mature enough to reproduce. They are only 5 or so years old.

I am going to bet final episode has a clutch of eggs in it.
jackie childs
SeattleAgJr said:

Pam Poovey said:

Soooo...where did those dragon eggs come from initially as a wedding gift? And can that fool get any more?

ah, the real return of the dragons. come to think of it, maybe the "song of ice and fire" is really about Viserion (now Ice) and Drogon (Fire)? why should the humans have all the incestuous fun?
G Martin 87
AG
Surely HBO would draw the line at necrophilia. Right? Right?
DeadCiv
AG
Ags4DaWin said:

So who kills Cersei? At this point it can't be Jaime because the Volanqar wraps his "hands" around her throat. Jaime has one hand, so he's ruled out.

John is technically a little brother, as his older brother was killed by the Mountain during the sack of king's landing. Tyrion, Sandro Clegane, heck Euron are all little brothers....and so is Theon. Bran could but only if he wargs into someone else to do it. Could he Warg into the Mountain?!?

Could Arya take Jaime's face and kill her? Arya's style has been a slice across the throats though so that really would seem to not indicate her. Tyrion has killed someone (Shae) though strangling but not with his hands.

Strangling especially with your hands is typically a very emotional form of killing . You have to be up close and personal or it needs to be a life and death struggle or both. Jaime and Tyrion are the only ones I can think of for whom Cersei's murder would make it that personal.....

I'm hoping it's Theon
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
wangus12
AG
InternetFan02 said:

God I hope they don't go this way with Tyrion but this article shows all the evidence that it's coming - Tyrion lusts for Dany and becomes jealous of Jon, developing a rivalry and love triangle
I think it may be more of the fact that both characters, especially Jon, act on impulse. We've already seen Dany turn to Jon for ideas before and we've seen her risk everything to save him, including losing a dragon.

Jon is a warrior and will no doubt be on the front lines when the Great War comes. He is gonna to be right in the thick of things and if it goes south, would Dany be able to let him die for the greater cause to win the war or would she again make a massive sacrifice that could cost them everything just to save him.

Dinklage said in an interview that their relationship is gonna cause some major problems. Even D&D said the Targ reveal may rip them apart, which would be kinda dumb, since they spent all season bringing them together only to tear them apart with the bomb drop in probably the 1st episode.
FightinTexasAg15
AG
Yeah I read that scene as Tyrion a little disappointed in their decision making.

He knows the task at hand is hard enough as it is. How much harder will it become to convince the northern lords to fight for them if they know Jon is getting it from Dany? Oh, hes making decisions with his other brain.

Or what happens when a critical decision needs to be made by one of them for the good of the kingdom, but at the expense of the others safety/life?

Tyrion just knows that what they are starting is going to make his life more complicated.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
While everyone is focusing on that final scene with Tyrion....I find it very interesting that Tyrion never said a word after he had his private discussion with Cersei.

Everyone was focused on her accepting the deal and then eventually betraying that and driving Jaime away...

but Tyrion came into the pit very silent - it could be just for dramatic effect. But why didn't Dany and Jon at least inquire with him what was said in the meeting. Dig a little deeper. I'd be more than a little curious of how he got her to agree, and that might lead to determining that something is amiss perhaps.

Tyrion figured out she was pregnant and then we cut away form the scene to Jon and Dany talking in the pit - a distraction.

Did Cersei offer him something? Something he has always wanted perhaps. He professed his love for the children and said he never wanted to destroy the family. But what could she offer him - land and title? reinstatement? in exchange for betraying Jon or Dany or both?

At the very least if he were on the up and up, he knows not to trust her and would be telling Dany and Jon to prepare for her to backstab them. But he isn't even counseling that (that we know of).

Something is off and they are purposefully not telling us what really went on.
wangus12
AG
Some have mentioned that since Tyrion "knows" Dany can't have heirs that maybe he offered that role to Cersei's kid. I think the kid is a bluff that Cersei is using to control others.

I do feel it would be out of character for Tyrion to all of sudden join the one person that probably hated him more than his father. Not sure Cersei really has anything to offer him that he won't get. He is already Dany's Hand. He knows that Dany would make a better Queen than Cersei. Just wouldn't make sense to me.
powerbelly
AG

Quote:

Not sure Cersei really has anything to offer him that he won't get. He is already Dany's Hand. He knows that Dany would make a better Queen than Cersei. Just wouldn't make sense to me.
The only thing Cersei can offer that Dany can't is a Lannister on the throne.
Apache
AG
Maybe GRRM will finish "The Winds of Winter" early next year.
Then we'll have something to talk about between seasons.
powerbelly
AG
Apache said:

Best joke I have heard in a long time.
The Dog Lord
AG
Zombie Jon Snow said:

PS...I think it would have been better if Bronn rode out there and joined Jamie without saying a word as they rode north.

I know he is a hired sword basically and motivated by self preservation (and has admitted he wants nothing to do with dragons, etc.) but i would have liked to see that.
I think he has shown that it isn't 100% about the money anymore. Dany's side is the more attractive option, and Tyrion told him that he old offer of "I'll pay you double" still stands. He could have followed Jaime and still kept the sellsword attitude that he likes to play up by saying something like "If you thought you could slip away without giving me my castle first, you are sorely mistaken ****."

I can't imagine that he will stay with Cersei as he seemed loyal to Jaime rather than her. I think the show keeps the Lannister army with Cersei, but it wouldn't be that surprising to have some of them follow Jaime (or for him to come back to persuade some of them to turn on Cersei). They'd still be following 2 Lannisters if they switched sides.
wangus12
AG
powerbelly51 said:

Apache said:

Best joke I have heard in a long time.
wangus12
AG
Quote:

I can't imagine that he will stay with Cersei as he seemed loyal to Jaime rather than her. I think the show keeps the Lannister army with Cersei, but it wouldn't be that surprising to have some of them follow Jaime (or for him to come back to persuade some of them to turn on Cersei). They'd still be following 2 Lannisters if they switched sides.
I'll give you the big reason he won't stay with Cersei. Its in his contract. Jerome Flynn and Lena Heady used to date and had a major falling out. They are never in the same scene due to how bad the fallout was.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG

Agreed...I do think Bronn will go probably in episode 1 of season 8 he catches up to him. Just would have liked to see it here.
DannyDuberstein
AG

nm
The Dog Lord
AG
aggie93 said:

redline248 said:

wangus12 said:

nikator said:

The whole annulment thing in the show is so dumb. In the middle of a civil war where Dorne is already pissed at the slight to Elia and is only grudgingly sending troops he makes it worse by annulling the marriage?
The Rebellion probably hadn't started when they actually were married. I imagine the wedding and annulment occurred almost immediately after they ran away together.

Also a good point.
I'd be shocked if the marriage is annulled in the books. The Show has not talked about polygamy much so it is easier to digest the annulment and ignore the reality that an annulment would have had HUGE consequences such as making his 2 other children *******s and insulting the Targ's most loyal House in doing so (who stayed loyal to the end btw). The logic that Rhaegar could have annulled his marriage, screwed over his 2 Dornish kids, and then lived in a little love nest in Dorne is stupid but most Show watchers don't put all that together.

In the Books I would assume Rhaegar just takes Lyanna as a 2nd Wife, assuming he marries her.
Agreed. Marriage isn't even part of the prophecy anyway, just that the PtwP will come from the line of the Mad King (well that bit was added by the Woods Witch). Doesn't mean they have to be a legitimate offspring. Plus, I assume Rhaegar was planning on winning Robert's Rebellion, so he could have just been planning to legitimize his son anyway once he was king (or he could have married Lyanna later if he already knew that Ellia was dead and wanted to show some level of respect to her before formally moving on).
Duncan Idaho
After they passed the books, This show had gotten too safe and soft.

I have no doubt the this show will end with a permutation of Jon/Danny/baby sitting on the throne of a united westoros free from the night king.

RDV-1992
Duncan Idaho said:

I have no doubt the this show will end with a permutation of Jon/Danny/baby sitting on the throne of a united westoros free from the night king.

Boatsex was not safe or soft!

At least, I hope that it wasn't...
dcAg
Wild prediction: Sam kills the NK. A lot of background about him tired about reading accomplishments of "better men". I didn't read the books and don't care about their concept of the "chosen one" or whatever. Already way too much divergence from the books.
agsquirrel97
AG
wangus12 said:

Some have mentioned that since Tyrion "knows" Dany can't have heirs that maybe he offered that role to Cersei's kid. I think the kid is a bluff that Cersei is using to control others.

I do feel it would be out of character for Tyrion to all of sudden join the one person that probably hated him more than his father. Not sure Cersei really has anything to offer him that he won't get. He is already Dany's Hand. He knows that Dany would make a better Queen than Cersei. Just wouldn't make sense to me.

I think Tyrion offered Cersei the heir based on S7E6 conversation when Tyrion was fixated on line of succession. This could also explain his lurking at end, Tyrion is wondering how strong a northman's swimmers actually are.

But that maybe too logical and sequential for these writers
Apache
AG
Had to look up who Jerome Flynn was. Finding out that Bronn is a vegetarian in real life was a shock.
redline248
AG
RDV-1992 said:

Duncan Idaho said:

Boatsex was not safe or soft!

At least, I hope that it wasn't...

You think after Drogo and Daario that Jon can give it to her the way she likes? Maybe she she likes a gentler approach? Jon is used to rock cave floors, not fluffy beds.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Given Cersei reneged, this would be moot even if he did strike a deal. I think it's one of two things:

1) Simply being concerned about the change and complexity of having a relationship like this occurring in the middle of all of the chaos,

2) Something a little more dark. Some of it jealousy from a love/infatuation perspective, but maybe moreso from a loss of power and influence perspective. He's gone from the Hand with a great deal of influence, to the guy that gave bad strategic advice at the beginning and is now seeing himself replaced by Jon Snow. And the uglies bumping will just solidify it further. He loved the power of being Joffrey's Hand and calling the shots, and that's slipping away even though he's still technically the Hand.

I think it's 2.
The Dog Lord
AG
dcAg said:

Wild prediction: Sam kills the NK. A lot of background about him tired about reading accomplishments of "better men". I didn't read the books and don't care about their concept of the "chosen one" or whatever. Already way too much divergence from the books.
Doubtful, but I'd love to see it. They already mock him in the books for claiming to have killed a WW, so it would be great for him kill the NK in front of an army. Whatever happens, he is one of the few characters that I hope ends up in a better place at the end. I hope he has more self-respect and the respect of others too. The same goes for Davos and Brienne.
Apache
AG
Quote:

Maybe she she likes a gentler approach?
Like Conway Twitty once sang, "She wants a man with a slow hand. She wants a lover with an easy touch".
RDV-1992
Apache said:

Quote:

Like Conway Twitty once sang, "She wants a man with a slow hand. She wants a lover with an easy touch".
Jon was born at the Tower of Love. And now he's on the Love Boat.

Time really is a flat circle.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
RDV-1992 said:

Apache said:

Quote:

Jon was born at the Tower of Love. And now he's on the Love Boat.

Time really is a flat circle.

Tower of Joy.
actually
nikator
AG
SeattleAgJr said:

Pam Poovey said:

Dragon eggs were still around after the last dragon died, but for some reason they did not hatch. Every Targ baby used to get their own dragon egg as a gift and dragon eggs were treated as basically a very valuable picasso. In the books and I believe in the show right after Drogo dies, Jorah tells Dany that she could love a life of luxury for the rest of her life by selling them.

Some non Targs had dragon eggs too. The third dunk and egg novella has a non Targ lord with one.

They are not really mentioned in Westeros in the timeline of the books, so have to wonder if the Targ stash of eggs was used up/destroyed at the tragedy of Summerhall when Aegon V disastrously tried to get dragons again.

There are fan theories that there is a stash of dragon eggs under Winterfell, left there when Good Queen Alyssane (wife of Jaeherys I) flew up there with her dragon on her way to see the wall. Some have theorized it is the source of the warm spring underneath the castle. So far it has not been hinted at in the books.

---------------

"A man without a belly is like a house without a balcony"
- Old Turkish saying
oh no
AG
lot of pressure on Jon... he's only ever been with a redheaded wildling and now he has to attempt to please a Dothraki'ed out dragon queen.
EFE
AG
Yeah, but he was down to eat wildling box that probably smelled like a wights armpit. Slurping on dragon China will be a treat.
aggie93
AG
dcAg said:

Sam is really going to be the biggest wildcard when they get to Winterfell. Sam saved Jorah and Dany roasted Sam's Dad and Brother. He also is the more credible source to speak to the legitimacy of Jon.

Actually it is going to be really freaking crowded at Winterfell. You have Arya, Bran, Sansa, Brienne, Jon, Tyrion, Dany, Jorah, Sam, Greyworm, Missandei, The Hound, the Vale and Northern Lords, the Dothraki, the Unsullied, 2 Dragons. and Jaime Lannister all converging at the same place.
aggie93
AG
RDV-1992 said:

Urban Ag said:

And can anyone explain what was up with Tyrion standing outside the door? That was weird/awkward.
Tyrion is like the Night's Watch.

They are the Watchers on the Wall.

Tyrion is the Watcher in the Hall. I'm sure he will be joined soon by Jorah.
Tyrion and Jorah are becoming...
Koldus131
AG
So when does the Season 8 thread start?
First Page Last Page
Page 201 of 206

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.