Game of Thrones - Season 7

1,143,601 Views | 7206 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Definitely Not A Cop
The Dog Lord
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
dromo07 said:

Can't be right then he wouldn't have been John snow

Yep, he was always born in the south but was still a Snow. What would a Targ ******* be called though? Their place was in KL/Dragonstone, not Dorne. Jon LavaRocks?
Ogre09
AG
BallerStaf2003 said:

agsquirrel97 said:

Bran's big reveal....Jon Sand

Cue Dany meme - summer is coming, I've already had 6" of sand

Why would Jon have ever been sand if that's the ******* name for Dornish *******s...

But neither of his parents are Dornish, and he knew that. Rheagar and Lyanna.

Wouldn't he have been a ******* name for a Targaryen?

He was born in Dorne
Dro07
AG
I think it's blackfire or some crap like that
The question I want to know is do you think Danerys will honor Jon's claim to the throne?
The Debt
BallerStaf2003 said:

Does anyone else find it odd that Rheagar's first son that Gregor Clegane murdered was also named Aegon?

Does anyone else find it odd that Jons name is aegon and so was the nights watch's maester?

A great-uncle with the same name...its almost like it's a family name.
Ogre09
AG
#1 said:

The question I want to know is doyou think Danerys will honor Jon's claim to the throne?

Will Jon try to claim it?
G Martin 87
AG
Ned was lying to protect Jon, and nobody else knew, so he could have picked any region's ******* name he wanted. Why would you use anything but Snow if you were Ned? He was already passing the baby off as his own *******. Why make it even tougher for him by giving him a non-Northerner name like Sand or Rivers or Flowers?
gigemags-99
AG
The Dog Lord said:

dromo07 said:

Can't be right then he wouldn't have been John snow

Yep, he was always born in the south but was still a Snow. What would a Targ ******* be called though? Their place was in KL/Dragonstone, not Dorne. Jon LavaRocks?

Johnny Football!?!
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
G Martin 87 said:

Correct. The region of birth determines your ******* name.

well then Jon (even in the cover story) would have been Jon Sand anyway. Because Wylla (the woman Ed claimed was the mother) was in Dorne and he would have been born there anyway as he was away at war.

So no......that's not the case. It's the region of the fathers house. Hence Snow (in the cover story).

but again...that does not apply to Targs. So Bran assumed Sand for the location of the birth which is the fallback Targ way apparently.
ag88man
AG
Zombie Jon Snow said:

Stannis Baratheon.

Ellaria and Tyene Sand technically - the actresses confirmed they won't return so we presume they die/died at some point.

The Frey and Rivers boys....who were baked into a pie so it was confirmed.

All true, but I think the intent of their last scenes were still spelled out for the audience.

The point of tonight's scene seemed to be that the wall came down and to show off the dragon.

I'm still guessing that they are alive unless they ask for a big raise between seasons.
BallerStaf2003
AG
Two sons being named the same is odd, it'd take a moron or to think so.
AgLaw
AG
titanmaster_race said:

I guess it's about where you're born, not who the parent was.

Then Jon wouldn't have been a Snow. Jon would have been a Blackfyre, but they had not introduced Targ *******s, so they probably went with Sand because it would run a bell for tv-only viewers via the Sand Snakes.
KidDoc
AG
Great episode, my initial thoughts:

Wow I guessed right about Euron going to get the Golden Company. I thought he left earlier in the season to get them and that is why he was absent so my timing was off but still lucky guess for me.

Nice to see Jon's heritage legitimized officially. I think they did it pretty well actually. I think of Bran like the internet. All the info is out there but unless you know specifically what you are looking for it is hard to filter.

Wight dragon- pretty impressive entrance and I like the super hot plasma blue flame approach. Wall going down was great loved it! The living is in for a fight I'm glad I still don't know how it will end.

Cersei was great I'm glad they didn't make her just totally flop and join the big war. I almost wanted zombie mountain to kill Jaime but I think exile is interesting is well. What will Bronn do?

The abduction of the wight was widely thought of as a stupid move but I thought it turned into a pretty riveting story. Still a bit silly but good TV!

I'm not sure where they are going with the rescue Yara storyline. Is she on a boat or in KL? With an army of the dead coming seems sort of trivial but I can see how Reek would disagree.

I did like the end of Baelish, well done although a bit predictable.There are SO many storylines though some just have to close up in a predictable manner.

Jon & Dany seems predictable but still satisfying in a weird Targ kind of way. I wonder how Jon will do with the reveal that he had sex with his aunt.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
The Dog Lord
AG
dromo07 said:

That was a house created by a Targ *******. He was Daemon Waters first. As someone mentioned, Targ *******s took the name from their region (or at least their mother's region). I forgot about all of those Targ *******s like the 3ER with names like Rivers.
Why wouldn't he? Who think once he finds out he's just gonna have Dany keep it? And would Dany even want it knowing that Jon is the true heir to the throne?
G Martin 87
AG
Zombie Jon Snow said:

G Martin 87 said:

Correct. The region of birth determines your ******* name.

well then Jon (even in the cover story) would have been Jon Sand anyway. Because Wylla (the woman Ed claimed was the mother) was in Dorne and he would have been born there anyway as he was away at war.

So no......that's not the case. It's the region of the fathers house. Hence Snow (in the cover story).

but again...that does not apply to Targs. So Bran assumed Sand for the location of the birth which is the fallback Targ way apparently.
That makes sense.
BallerStaf2003
AG
So for those who have read the books:

Knowing now that Jon Snow is Aegon, what is the true identity of the secret Targaryen that Varys hid with Jon Connington. That Targaryen was also named Aegon (Young Griff)?

Is he a curveball to throw people off Jon Snow's scent?
The Debt
dromo07 said:

the blackfyres were Targaryen basturds who were legitimized by the king on his deathbed causing a civil war.

Instead basturds of dragonstone are "waters" not to be confused with basturds of the riverlands who are "rivers".
The Dog Lord
AG
Agreed about not knowing why they are still keeping Theon around for a side story. Maybe their purpose is to kill Euron and ruin Cersei's plans, or maybe they'll be ferrying any survivors away from Westeros after the WW kill everyone...
MW03
AG
It's officially the off-season
Dro07
AG
He said it way better than me
The Dog Lord
AG
BallerStaf2003 said:

Knowing now that Jon Snow is Aegon, what is the true identity of the secret Targaryen that Varys hid with Jon Connington. That Targaryen was also named Aegon (Young Griff)?

He is supposed to be Rhaegar's first son Aegon (although he probably isn't). That's why naming Jon Aegon too seems dumb.
The Debt
BallerStaf2003 said:

Two sons being named the same is odd, it'd take a moron or to think so.

1. We don't know if rheagar named Jon. He died at the trident weeks before lyannas birthing/dying. It could be lyannas way to stick it to the woman she homewrecked.

2. We don't know if lyanna knew of the princess' (and children's) death. It could be that she was hoping to memorialize or restart the line.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Reaction where I was at to the best part of the episode.

AgLaw
AG
BallerStaf2003 said:

I think Young Griff will end up being an imposter in the books.
BallerStaf2003
AG
I always thought he would too, almost like a fallback plan if Daenerys didn't work out?

Jon Connington, Rheagar's best friend, does give it some validity though.

Obviously he's an imposter if he never made it in the show too.
SeattleAgJr
MW03 said:

bull*****
the episode has yet to air on the West Coast!
GiveEmHellBill
AG
Dany: "We sail together...."

<cue music>

"Love..........exciting and new."
AgLaw
AG
MW03 said:

Time to re-read the books.
marble rye
AG
The Dog Lord said:

Mantis Toboggan MD said:

Bran is so annoying now, he won't shut up about the whole 3ER thing and is champing at the bit to tell every person he meets, even though no one probably has any idea what the f*** the 3ER is.

But on the flip side, Sam continues to be one of my favorite characters.

"I'm the three-eyed raven."

"Oh!"

Agreed...but second only to the Hound and his constant use of c * n t. Makes me laugh no matter the context.
titanmaster_race
Hmm good point
Post removed:
by user
PatAg
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Reaction where I was at to the best part of the episode.

That looks like such a beating, and horrible viewing experience.
PatAg
AG
BallerStaf2003 said:

I always thought he would too, almost like a fallback plan if Daenerys didn't work out?

Jon Connington, Rheagar's best friend, does give it some validity though.

Obviously he's an imposter if he never made it in the show too.

Not necessarily true.
WoMD
SeattleAgJr said:

MW03 said:

bull*****
the episode has yet to air on the West Coast!

Huh?
First Page Last Page
Page 192 of 206

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.