Game of Thrones - Season 7

1,137,556 Views | 7206 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Definitely Not A Cop
M.C. Swag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Rickon's was beheaded by the Umber's as a show of fealty to Ramsay. (Remember the head was presented to Ramsay as proof that Rickon was indeed a Stark and not some imposter)
Urban Ag
AG
JaneDoe02 said:

Am I remembering correctly? Are the only direwolves left Jon's and Arya's? All of the others have been killed, right?
Yep.

Ghost - still with Jon
Nymeria - (in the books) referenced as more of a legend, leads a pack of wolves in the Riverlands
Lady - killed by Ned to placate Robert
Grey Wind - killed by the Frey's at the Red Wedding
Summer - killed defending Bran at Blood Raven's hole in the ground
Shaggy Dog - killed by Umber
Stive
AG
wangus12 said:

They had Shaggydog's head on a hook when he was handed over to Ramsey. Its implied that it is the real deal and not a fake.

Yep. Totally forgot about that part. I do remember the multiday argument on here about whether the head was big enough to be a dire wolf though.
JaneDoe02
AG
Ok. Just making sure.

I really hope that we see an Arya/Nymeria reunion.
Urban Ag
AG
Well, Arya's last known location was the Twins so she is in the area that Nymeria supposedly prowls. Be pretty cool to have a Direwolf along for list reduction tour. Which means there is probably no way it will happen.
wangus12
AG
They may show them meet, but they barely let Ghost be in the show, so no way does Nymeria get anything more than a bit part.
Ol Jock 99
AG
wangus12 said:

They may show them meet, but they barely let Ghost be in the show, so no way does Nymeria get anything more than a bit part.
I'll bet a shiny new nickel Nymeria isn't mentioned again. She's on Gendry's boat. CG money is going to dragons and Walkers.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Quote:

Poor one out for Summer and Hodor.
Urban Ag
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Quote:

Poor one out for Summer and Hodor.
Ho Dee Doe muther f***ers
Ho Dee Doe

AggieSouth06
Ol Jock 99 said:

wangus12 said:

I'll bet a shiny new nickel Nymeria isn't mentioned again. She's on Gendry's boat. CG money is going to dragons and Walkers.

Accepted. And none of this Venmo s***, I want that nickel mailed to me in a sealed, hand-written envelope. Are you any good at calligraphy?
Ol Jock 99
AG
I'm not, but I'll do my best.
Urban Ag
AG
Quote:

Even though the show has left out this major plot point, that doesn't mean all hope is lost for a reunion between Nymeria and her owner. In recent filming news from the set of season seven, Maisie Williams was spotted shooting for Thrones in Canada, around the same time as Instinct Animals, the company that provides wolves for the show. One major clue points to Nymeria's return: in addition to Quigley, the white wolf who plays Ghost on the show, the company was also working with a grey and brown wolf. Given that all the other Stark direwolves are dead except for Ghost and Nymeria, and this wolf resembles Nymeria, it seems likely we'll see Arya reunite with her beloved pet in season seven

http://www.looper.com/13457/game-thrones-mysteries-yet-solved/s/what-happened-to-nymeria/
FIDO95
AG
I enjoy the theories as well. This one is one of the most interesting I have stumbled upon:

No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
redline248
AG
I mean, why not. Or it could just all be coincidence following around a main character. The thing about the sword and the walker giving Jon that look is that in the show no regular swords have been shown to stop a walker's blade. So that look of surprise is more for the audience (and for Jon) to be clued into the special properties of Valyrian steel. Jon's sword didn't stop that blade bc he's Azor Ahai (which I think he is), but bc it's Valyrian. Also, the "special communication" between the night king and Jon is probably along the lines of Jon being the first person to kill a walker in a 1000 years.

On another note, I wonder if Longclaw becomes Lightbringer is it bc it's always been Lightbringer...or bc any sword Jon wields under whatever scenario becomes Lightbringer.
FightinTexasAg15
AG
First three episode titles and descriptions released:

http://ew.com/tv/2017/07/07/game-of-thrones-season-7-episode-titles/
Goose06
AG
FightinTexasAg15 said:

Are the episode previews considered spoilers?
boboguitar
AG
Goose06 said:

FightinTexasAg15 said:

They do contain new information.
gougler08
AG
boboguitar said:

Goose06 said:

FightinTexasAg15 said:

They do contain new information.

I wouldn't consider that much in the way of spoilers
Ol Jock 99
AG
Anyone reading this thread wouldn't consider there to be any spoilers.

Now people on the show only thread would say: Cersi holds court?!?!!!!! Use a GD spoiler tag!!!!!!!!
Texags is garbage
There is only one thing I hope nobody mentions from the books that could be a spoiler. Other than that, think we're all caught up without any TexAgs spoiler drama in the future.

I'm in the camp that thinks episode previews should be fair game here. I more than likely won't contribute once the season starts, but can't expect everybody venturing over here to see that rule.
Post removed:
by user
Bregxit
AG
redline248 said:

Also, the "special communication" between the night king and Jon is probably along the lines of Jon being the first person to kill a walker in a 1000 years.
Sam killed a White Walker in s03e08. Jon's White Walker kill was 20 episodes later in s05e08.
Texags is garbage
Sasappis said:

Anyone reading this thread is doing so at their own risk.
Yup, think anything should be fair game now that Mr. Martin doesn't give two ****s about finishing Winds of Winter. Only one major wrinkle from the books that could be a spoiler, but think it will be excluded due to time constraints.
Texags is garbage
dlance said:

redline248 said:

Also, the "special communication" between the night king and Jon is probably along the lines of Jon being the first person to kill a walker in a 1000 years.
Sam killed a White Walker in s03e08. Jon's White Walker kill was 20 episodes later in s05e08.
Between Jon and Sam, they're basically the only folks in the modern day world that have confirmed the three methods to kill a white walker. I've tried to google, but can't find a definitive answer for the following question. Does that same rule apply to 'wights'?
Stive
AG
So without starting another thread, and to kill some time over the next week here's something I've been kicking around as I've been fast forwarding through the previous seasons: what are some things that you wish had played out different with the series? I've sped through 3 seasons so far and the two that stand out to me are

1) After all of the discussions that Arya and Tywin had (that were all GREAT), I wish that after they had parted he somehow would have figured out that his little cup bearer was Arya Stark. That revelation in some cool way would have been awesome.

2) Barristan Selmy was only seen in one fight and he died in it. For all of the comments that were made about how amazing he was it seemed like such a letdown that we've seen Bronn do more, and Jon do more, and Jorah Mormont do more than the legend Selmy ever did.

Heck, for that matter, the only fight we ever saw Jamie in was against Ned Stark for all of 30 seconds. He could also be included in this.

A bit random, but what are some others that you wished had played out differently so far?
marble rye
AG
I wanted the High Sparrow to be Howland Reed, exacting revenge on behalf of the Starks and the North. Just strange that his character was incinerated. What? Where did he come from? What was the point of the faith militant? Was it really just to get Cersie naked and shame-sheared?
Ol Jock 99
AG
Quote:

2) Barristan Selmy was only seen in one fight and he died in it. For all of the comments that were made about how amazing he was it seemed like such a letdown that we've seen Bronn do more, and Jon do more, and Jorah Mormont do more than the legend Selmy ever did.
The handling of Selmy has been one of my bigger disappointments in the show. His character was more of a badass in the books. But...he was an old man, up against impossible odds, and still did enough to save Grey Worm. So while he "lost", he did quite a bit.
Texags is garbage
Stive said:

If you haven't listened to the 'Binge Mode' podcasts recapping the first 5 seasons (next Monday: s6), do it now! They do an amazing job of doing him justice.

I can't remember which episode of 'Binge Mode' it was, or where they pulled from in the GoT canon, but Barristan Selmy was a certified badass with ZERO debate about it with some amazing stories for the ages. Think I also remember too much of his book character. Think the viewers basicaly got to see him undress in front of King Joffrey and say hi to Dany before getting killed.
redline248
AG
Part of the issue is that the actor was old. How much could he really look like a badass in fights? Compare him in the fight with the harpies to the Targaryen soldier dual wielding at the Tower of Joy. Selmy is supposed to be that level. The actor can't pull that off.
Line Ate Member
AG
I mean he took down about 10 or so Sons before he fell. That is still pretty badass to me. If he was in full plate, that number would have probably been higher and he would still be his cheerful self.

The fight scene that was awesome was at the tower of joy. That guy could kill some people.
Stive
AG
The High Sparrow randomness was strange. I think that definitely could have been handled better.

I'll add another: while I know it can't entirely be helped, the Mountain changing actors 3 times in 4 years and Daario (sp) changing actors between seasons.
Stive
AG
I'm thinking you're remembering too much book as well. In the show, during their first exchange, Ned and he talk and you get the impression that Ned is impressed/intimidated by his sword prowess. His next moment is when he is dismissed from the KG and tells the other KG that he could still "cut through them like cake" if he wanted. After that, other than him giving Dany advice, there's little of him until the fight with the Harpys.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
Stive said:

So without starting another thread, and to kill some time over the next week here's something I've been kicking around as I've been fast forwarding through the previous seasons: what are some things that you wish had played out different with the series? I've sped through 3 seasons so far and the two that stand out to me are

1) After all of the discussions that Arya and Tywin had (that were all GREAT), I wish that after they had parted he somehow would have figured out that his little cup bearer was Arya Stark. That revelation in some cool way would have been awesome.

Heck, for that matter, the only fight we ever saw Jamie in was against Ned Stark for all of 30 seconds. He could also be included in this.

A bit random, but what are some others that you wished had played out differently so far?

Jamie fights a couple times in Dorne.
El Hombre Mas Guapo
AG
Champ Bailey said:

Stive said:

Jamie fights a couple times in Dorne.

And Breanne
El Hombre Mas Guapo
AG
Been blasting through the series again as well and I think one of the best lines in GOT is season 2 Prince of Winterfeld between Aria and Jaegen...

She gives him his own name as the third name to blackmail him into helping her and her friends escape... He said something like giving a man his own name isn't a joking matter and she says, "I don't care. A man can go kill himself!"

Great scene and you could tell there was more to come with the faceless men.
First Page Last Page
Page 19 of 206

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.