Game of Thrones - Season 7

1,145,397 Views | 7206 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Definitely Not A Cop
wangus12
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Exactly
Texags is garbage
SeattleAgJr said:

wangus12 said:

I still think the close-up shot of Drogon from the trailer involves Jon meeting/interacting with the dragons. He'll see Tyrion again
yep, and John will give him scratches, making Ghost jealous and we will get our whole whopping 5 seconds of Ghost for this season.
Then Lyanna Mormont will jump in front of Ghost to shield him and they'll kill two fan favorites in episode 1.
Duncan Idaho
SeattleAgJr said:

Duncan Idaho said:

SeattleAgJr said:

Duncan Idaho said:

Podrick is the best person. How is this up for debate?
your repressed memories are failing you.

Which negative personality trait am I over looking?
that was reference to you being a clone with repressed memories....
i got the reference but I took it as you saying that podrick had some character flaw
Texags is garbage
SeattleAgJr said:

another angry ag said:

wangus12 said:

One thing that I just realized that I'm looking forward to is the interactions between Jon and Tyrion. They parted on good terms with a mutual respect for each other long ago. But many things have changed since then
It'll be interesting to see if LF is still alive once that reunion occurs. I'd imagine Dany, Dorne and The Reach are headed to Casterly Rock before that time. Hard to tell though by looking at the map of Westeros.
the question is do they go straight to King's Landing from Dragonstone, or does she wander the desert. Again. Killing time.
She'll probably do some virtue signaling missions to show how PC she is, and waste another season not chasing her real goals.
Duncan Idaho
bangobango said:

I think Arya is going to false face littlefinger and get him to admit to something that she will kill him for.
arya's dead
Texags is garbage
Duncan Idaho said:

SeattleAgJr said:

Duncan Idaho said:

SeattleAgJr said:

Duncan Idaho said:

Podrick is the best person. How is this up for debate?
your repressed memories are failing you.

Which negative personality trait am I over looking?
that was reference to you being a clone with repressed memories....
i got the reference but I took it as you saying that podrick had some character flaw
He was an accomplice to a stolen ham.
redline248
AG
Duncan Idaho said:

bangobango said:

I think Arya is going to false face littlefinger and get him to admit to something that she will kill him for.
arya's dead
Is this supposed to be something about her time with the faceless men? She flat out said "I'm Arya Stark" after all the time they tried to get her to be "no one."
Stive
AG
I'm kind of fast forwarding through seasons 1 and 2 (so far) and stopping on the better/best scenes. Boy I miss Tyrion as the hand. His interactions with everybody (LF, Varys, Cersei, Bronn) were all must see TV and some of the best scenes of the series.
Duncan Idaho
redline248 said:

Duncan Idaho said:

bangobango said:

arya's dead
Is this supposed to be something about her time with the faceless men? She flat out said "I'm Arya Stark" after all the time they tried to get her to be "no one."

https://www.wired.com/2016/06/crazy-game-thrones-theory-ill-bet-right/

I won't be shocked either way.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
When they are taking the Wildlings from Hardhome to Castle Black, how the hell does Wun Wun get on one of the ships? He seems way too big.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
That theory went out the window when she got revenge on Walder Frey.
SeattleAgJr
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Yep. It pulled a Tommen.
GoneGirl
AG
M.C. Swag said:

Still doesn't make sense. Rhaegar was already married.
Like that mattered to the Targs.
"If you're in the midst of a midlife crisis, you could buy a convertible, have an affair, or upgrade your cup size. But you'll probably be happiest if you save a dog's life." - Jen Lancaster
Duncan Idaho
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Following her list could be the price the waiff had to pay for making her suffer with the gut cut.

If I am being honest, I don't think she is dead. But I could see martin doing it just because.
GoneGirl
AG
Duncan Idaho said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

Following her list could be the price the waiff had to pay for making her suffer with the gut cut.

If I am being honest, I don't think she is dead. But I could see martin doing it just because.
I'd be more of the mind that the faceless men didn't train her to be one of them. They trained her for the skills she'll need to help Jon.
"If you're in the midst of a midlife crisis, you could buy a convertible, have an affair, or upgrade your cup size. But you'll probably be happiest if you save a dog's life." - Jen Lancaster
Al Bula
AG
SeattleAgJr said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

Yep. It pulled a Tommen.
bangobango
AG
why does Arya always get the worst fan theories?
Urban Ag
AG
SeattleAgJr said:

another angry ag said:

wangus12 said:

One thing that I just realized that I'm looking forward to is the interactions between Jon and Tyrion. They parted on good terms with a mutual respect for each other long ago. But many things have changed since then
It'll be interesting to see if LF is still alive once that reunion occurs. I'd imagine Dany, Dorne and The Reach are headed to Casterly Rock before that time. Hard to tell though by looking at the map of Westeros.
the question is do they go straight to King's Landing from Dragonstone, or does she wander the desert. Again. Killing time.
I don't think there is enough time left in this thing to wander anywhere. Winter is coming.

Dany's campaign in Westeros almost necessarily has to head to KL this season and has to be done with fewer episodes. Next season will conclude to bigger arc - The Others and the Prophecy. It is a ton of material to cover. Going to be amazing.

My biggest question right now is how many characters will make it to next season for the final showdown. I wouldn't be surprised if the body count is staggering.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
I love theories especially really deep ones...none are deeper than the bizarro crap around Arya because of Jaqen and the faceless men aspect.....

But she's Arya and she's back and she's bent on revenge with a few new skills to aid her.

It's really that simple.

after wandering around with the hound got old (although i would have liked more of it).....they had to keep her busy elsewhere for a while (2+ seasons) as the other stories progressed...and make it plausible for a little girl to kill grown men, etc.....

that's all it was.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
Urban Ag said:

SeattleAgJr said:

another angry ag said:

wangus12 said:

I don't think there is enough time left in this thing to wander anywhere. Winter is coming.

Dany's campaign in Westeros almost necessarily has to head to KL this season and has to be done with fewer episodes. Next season will conclude to bigger arc - The Others and the Prophecy. It is a ton of material to cover. Going to be amazing.

My biggest question right now is how many characters will make it to next season for the final showdown. I wouldn't be surprised if the body count is staggering.

I think we need a big dead pool contest for this season.....
Urban Ag
AG
Zombie Jon Snow said:

I love theories especially really deep ones...none are deeper than the bizarro crap around Arya because of Jaqen and the faceless men aspect.....

But she's Arya and she's back and she's bent on revenge with a few new skills to aid her.

It's really that simple.

after wandering around with the hound got old (although i would have liked more of it).....they had to keep her busy elsewhere for a while (2+ seasons) as the other stories progressed...and make it plausible for a little girl to kill grown men, etc.....

that's all it was.

Agree with this completely. I think what is often lost on non-book readers or even book readers at this point (been so long since new material) is that GRRM literally wrote hundreds of pages of enjoyable drivel that was nothing more than "wandering". HBO cut a lot of this out of the series. But where it pertains to characters who obviously had to remain in the series to the end, such as Arya or Bran, or Brienne, HBO had to get creative in keeping their arcs alive to keep the characters in it so their arcs could complete as GRRM envisioned them.

The Faceless Men won't be any factor moving forward. Arya is Arya, and it's just like Zombie Jon Snow said. She's going to work on her list and likely re-unite with the remaining Starks before it's all done. I think sometimes fans have a tendency to just assume that GRRM is going to pull the rug out from under us but it's getting more obvious that's not always the case. Further, this is HBO's baby now. GRRM "outlined" how the arcs should conclude and what the final outcome will be, but getting there is largely dependent on the HBO writers and has been for two seasons now.
Line Ate Member
AG
It is going to eventually come out that LF got Ned captured. Arya is going to carve him like a Christmas ham.
jenn96
AG
Line Ate Member said:

It is going to eventually come out that LF got Ned captured. Arya is going to carve him like a Christmas ham.
I think it will be Sansa who turns on him for this. I mean, Arya will probably be the one to kill him but I see Sansa with the Michael Corleone-esque "You have to answer for Santino" reveal that she knew about it and now he's going to pay.
SpreadsheetAg
AG
Zombie Jon Snow said:

I am curious about this map... with Kingsroad where it is; what's the point of having to go through The Twins at all?
Ol Jock 99
AG
Shipping and access to the Riverlands (especially Riverrun).
Ol Jock 99
AG
Also pretty sure they predate the Kings Road by a long time. Not 100% sure on that though.
dcAg
My guess is Arya re-unites with the Hound and she takes him off her list and they "team up". She had the chance to finish the job and she didn't.
SpreadsheetAg
AG
Ol Jock 99 said:

Also pretty sure they predate the Kings Road by a long time. Not 100% sure on that though.
Right, my point is why does anyone need to go through the Twins when the king's road doesn't go through the twins...? They make it seem as though you have to go through the twins to get through the neck, and it's not entirely true.

Robb goes through there to march a direct path to Riverrun and Free the blackfish from Jamie's assault. He bypass Tywin Lannister who is holed up at Harrenhall.

Not arguing with you, just explaining myself, and providing info to others.
redline248
AG
If you live at Seagard and want to get to the King's Road, or go to the Vale or to Winterfell...where would you go?
aggietony2010
AG
That part of westeros, the neck, is quite swampy. It isn't easily traversable outside the main roads. You have to take the kingsroad to get south of the neck, and then you have to cross at the twins to get west of the river, the Green Fork.

There isn't another crossing until a ferry at Lord Harroway's town, which is right next to Tywin Lannisters forces on your second map.

The children of the forest tried to flood the area, much like they did with the arm of Dorne, which used to connect westeros to essos.
SpreadsheetAg
AG
aggietony2010 said:

That part of westeros, the neck, is quite swampy. It isn't easily traversable outside the main roads. You have to take the kingsroad to get south of the neck, and then you have to cross at the twins to get west of the river, the Green Fork.

There isn't another crossing until a ferry at Lord Harroway's town, which is right next to Tywin Lannisters forces on your second map.

The children of the forest tried to flood the area, much like they did with the arm of Dorne, which used to connect westeros to essos.
Ah, that's right... it's coming back now
JaneDoe02
AG
Am I remembering correctly? Are the only direwolves left Jon's and Arya's? All of the others have been killed, right?
Stive
AG
I don't think they ever stated whether Rickon's was dead or not. (But I might be forgetting something)

Even if it was still alive I doubt it would make a reappearance.
M.C. Swag
AG
yea, that's it.
wangus12
AG
They had Shaggydog's head on a hook when he was handed over to Ramsey. Its implied that it is the real deal and not a fake.
First Page Last Page
Page 18 of 206

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.