Game of Thrones - Season 7

1,145,639 Views | 7206 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Definitely Not A Cop
MaroonStain
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Linky link
bobinator
AG
I get that the Azor Ahai thing is important to the book readers, but it basically hasn't been talked about on the show hardly at all so I think all of these theories on that front are mostly academic. I'm not sure it's going to go past "the prince or princess that was promised" on the show.
Carl Underguard
AG
Is that what we're talking about? I don't have a side in that dispute. I'm not much of a theorizer, either, other than hating specific ones (looking at you Tyrion Targaryen.) So the Azor Ahai thing is above my pay grade.

Edit: I should clarify that I agree with Bob. I don't think most of these things (like Azor Ahai or Tyrion Targaryen) will have much of a presence in the show, even if they do in the books. I don't want them to, either. It's too late to start getting into the mythology at this point. Dropping them in without much explanation would likely make things worse.
wangus12
AG
I'm still holding out hope that Azor Ahai is a total fairy tale and red herring
smokeythebear
AG
bobinator said:

Sex Panther said:

Quote:

So the point remains that Sansa is realizing she's been studying political science when all her siblings were studying the dark arts.

Well at least Sansa will be able to get a job while the rest are protesting to take down statues of Targaryens
Not that it matters, but isn't this backwards? Like if Jon comes back Sansa won't be doing anything and she doesn't have any skills, the others all have solid skill sets.

Sansa is the only one doing anything to prep for the long winter. She has the houses working together to allocate resources, stockpile supplies, all while preparing the armies for battle. Jon is good at fighting and convincing people to fight, but Sansa is the only one with any sense of how to run a city, much less an entire region.
redline248
AG
wangus12 said:

Given that Dany's plot seems to parallel Aegon's (conquer with three dragons), I would bet the AA stuff has a similar parallel. The only person left to talk about it on the show is Melisandre, though. So I'm less confident it matters in the show than the books.
RDV-1992
redline248 said:

wangus12 said:

Given that Dany's plot seems to parallel Aegon's (conquer with three dragons), I would bet the AA stuff has a similar parallel. The only person left to talk about it on the show is Melisandre, though. So I'm less confident it matters in the show than the books.
Aegon went south to Dorne and lost a dragon.

Dany went north to the lands beyond the wall and lost a dragon.

Aegon eventually brought dorne into the realm through marriage.

So, does Dany marry Tormond?
CapCityAg89
AG
RDV-1992 said:

redline248 said:

wangus12 said:

Nope. The NK shoves s a dragonglass dagger into her heart, turns her into a white walker and marries her.
RDV-1992
CapCityAg89 said:

RDV-1992 said:

redline248 said:

wangus12 said:

Nope. The NK shoves s a dragonglass dagger into her heart, turns her into a white walker and marries her.
I like where you are going with this. The Night King and Dany are Ice and Fire!
wangus12
AG

By the way, if you haven't seen Robert Ball's works on GoT deaths, you are missing out.

http://beautifuldeath.com/
EFE
AG
Offered without comment
https://instagr.am/p/BYMD-Xhgiom
Cappo
AG
EagleFordEarl said:

Offered without comment
https://instagr.am/p/BYMD-Xhgiom
Carl Underguard
AG
I saw something in a video today that made me laugh because it was so freaking obvious, yet I never thought of it: Why is no one asking Jon why he left the Night's Watch? He has been uncomfortable telling people that he died - therefore fulfilling his vows - and came back to life. So why isn't everyone (who doesn't know he died) viewing him as a deserter? He swore to never hold any lands or titles, but he's king in the north! At the very beginning of the show, we saw Ned execute that guy for deserting. We know how serious the punishment is. It's weird.
Sex Panther
AG
He died, so now his watch is done
Stive
AG
We know that, and the NIghts Watch know that, but no one else is questioning it.

That was the point of his post.
redline248
AG
In the fine print there is a mostly forgotten clause "except in the case I'm needed to unite the country to defend the realm from an army of undead."
wangus12
AG
I think, if anything, that rumor has at least spread throughout the land. The wildlings were at Castle Black and saw Jon resurrected and then fought in the BotB. Tormund said they think he is some kind of God. They probably spread that little piece of information among the ranks of other men.
aggie93
AG
One other small plot hole. Jon went to Dragonstone with a personal guard of Northmen and yet none of them appeared to go North of the Wall with him. It would seem like the personal guard of the King would certainly follow and protect him (though of course they would have all likely died) . It just makes no sense they were chilling at the Wall waiting by his ship while their King was going on a ranging mission.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
aggie93 said:

One other small plot hole. Jon went to Dragonstone with a personal guard of Northmen and yet none of them appeared to go North of the Wall with him. It would seem like the personal guard of the King would certainly follow and protect him (though of course they would have all likely died) . It just makes no sense they were chilling at the Wall waiting by his ship while their King was going on a ranging mission.

did you not see the three or four complete randos that went with the 7? At least a couple died - ala the red shirts who suddenly appear on the bridge in Star Trek. Seriously in the long pan shot of them walking i counted at leat 11 guys and we only knew 7 of them.

It was so blatant it was funny.

aggie93
AG
Zombie Jon Snow said:

aggie93 said:

did you not see the three or four complete randos that went with the 7? At least a couple died - ala the red shirts who suddenly appear on the bridge in Star Trek. Seriously in the long pan shot of them walking i counted at leat 11 guys and we only knew 7 of them.

It was so blatant it was funny.

Those were clearly Wildlings though from Eastwatch. They had no armor and were dressed in furs. Jon's Guard wore Stark armor in the previous episodes and certainly would have had they been with him.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG

sure but I think the ranging party was mostly a volunteer thing. it's not like they needed to protect Jon up there from other claims to the throne (which he isn't even making a claim beyond the North) and someone from one of the other kingdoms trying to kill him. it was a different threat.

and of course those who would be best suited for action north of the wall were wildlings.

seemed to me it was more of taking the best suited people who volunteered for that job. and you'd be pretty stupid to go north of the wall wearing armor.
FightinTexasAg15
AG
Season 7 full soundtrack is out:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLBKadB95sF4554OTdjwGynwPOwF4FE1hA

https://open.spotify.com/track/1Z7ocyirHz9L4UrIIh2bqr

https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/game-of-thrones-season-7-music-from-the-hbo-series/id1273459773
wangus12
AG
My favorites are:

Winter Is Here
The Army of the Dead
Truth
aggie93
AG
Zombie Jon Snow said:

sure but I think the ranging party was mostly a volunteer thing. it's not like they needed to protect Jon up there from other claims to the throne (which he isn't even making a claim beyond the North) and someone from one of the other kingdoms trying to kill him. it was a different threat.

and of course those who would be best suited for action north of the wall were wildlings.

seemed to me it was more of taking the best suited people who volunteered for that job. and you'd be pretty stupid to go north of the wall wearing armor.
Ok, but the King's personal guard is the King's personal guard. There is just no way they should let him go anywhere, especially somewhere as dangerous as North of the Wall unless they are specifically ordered not to go and there is no reason to think Jon would have given them such an order. It's not like there was benefit to having fewer well trained armed men who are used to cold weather going with them.
bobinator
AG
The future queen and her entire team of trusted advisors thought it was a good idea to let her greatest ally (and the only person she knows in the north, if Jon were to die there's no guarantee that Sansa is going to want to ally with her) go on a snatch-and-grab mission north of the wall (presumably without telling anyone since Sansa doesn't appear to know what's going on) and you're logic hang up is about where his guards are?
redline248
AG
Again, everyone that signed off on that mission needs their heads checked. I have no idea why Jon didn't write to Sansa, either.
JJxvi
AG
I guess the characters read the script.
redline248
AG
aggie93
AG
bobinator said:

The future queen and her entire team of trusted advisors thought it was a good idea to let her greatest ally (and the only person she knows in the north, if Jon were to die there's no guarantee that Sansa is going to want to ally with her) go on a snatch-and-grab mission north of the wall (presumably without telling anyone since Sansa doesn't appear to know what's going on) and you're logic hang up is about where his guards are?
Not at all. There are lots of big freaking holes in the plot last episode but they have been discussed. I was just pointing out one more small one. At least we got Zombie Polar Bear though!
wangus12
AG
I'm glad the only thing bothering me about the last episode is Jon bending the knee. Really wish my bro wouldn't have done that. He's think with the wrong head.

jenn96
AG
He asked her to be "HIS Queen" and offered to bend the knee. Perhaps there's a Zales box under that fur. )
wangus12
AG
InternetFan02
AG
Carl Underguard said:

I saw something in a video today that made me laugh because it was so freaking obvious, yet I never thought of it: Why is no one asking Jon why he left the Night's Watch? He has been uncomfortable telling people that he died - therefore fulfilling his vows - and came back to life. So why isn't everyone (who doesn't know he died) viewing him as a deserter? He swore to never hold any lands or titles, but he's king in the north! At the very beginning of the show, we saw Ned execute that guy for deserting. We know how serious the punishment is. It's weird.
Agreed - He's either a deserter or he tells everyone about the resurrection story. Can't have it both ways. Cersei should attempt to have him executed.

"King of the North? Ha. You're a traitor's ******* and a deserter of the Night's Watch. Zombie Mountain - Kill him"

<cue Bran Stark's music>

"Wait I have some more info about Jon..."

<cue Sam Tarly's music>

"Yes the weird crippled boy is correct...tell them what you read, Gilly..."
Carl Underguard
AG
I was thinking the same thing. Cersei would absolutely use this as leverage. I wonder if she's going to call him out over it next episode and force Jon to make the reveal in front of everyone.
CapCityAg89
AG
InternetFan02 said:

Carl Underguard said:

Agreed - He's either a deserter or he tells everyone about the resurrection story. Can't have it both ways. Cersei should attempt to have him executed.

"King of the North? Ha. You're a traitor's ******* and a deserter of the Night's Watch. Zombie Mountain - Kill him"

<cue Bran Stark's music>

"Wait I have some more info about Jon..."

<cue Sam Tarly's music>

"Yes the weird crippled boy is correct...tell them what you read, Gilly..."

This is one of those things that will be fully explained in WoW. There were things like this in the first five seasons too - they just made sense because we'd already read the books.
First Page Last Page
Page 185 of 206

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.