Game of Thrones - Season 7

1,138,280 Views | 7206 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Definitely Not A Cop
IIIHorn
How long do you want to ignore this user?
The Debt said:

IIIHorn said:

Not a single archer in the group?

What are they saving all that dragon glass for?

Did you not notice jorahs short swords or the hounds axes or tormunds halberd?
Not enough dragon glass left for a few arrowheads?

Oops ...

No archers.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Wednesday and still no leak.
mazzag
AG
BrownCoat said:

redline248 said:

Carl Underguard said:

If the Night King has Bran-like abilities, then why not kill Drogon considering everyone sans Jon was on his back? Why did everyone just leave Jon when he was in the water? Why did he not see Benjen coming to save Jon? He knows how important Dany, Jon, and various of these other characters are. He knows what they've been through, right? Why let them live if he knows? These are the only people who are capable of defeating him, and he lets them get away why? I don't get it.
It honestly made no sense for him to go after a flying dragon first while Drogon was just sitting there. However, to your points, I think the NK must have something that allows him to be aware of when Bran or the previous 3ER was spying, but I don't think he has the same kind of ability to "see." Otherwise, seems like he would have found the old 3ER a lot sooner.

Or, you know, known Jon was coming on that stupid mission and actually set a trap to kill all of them before Gendry could run his race.
The only reason I can see for him going after Viserion is that he has always been noted as the runt of the three. He may have wanted to go for the sure kill so he would be guaranteed to take a dragon instead of just wounding and pissing off the biggest dragon.

The NK needed to show his reach and power. Show them how far he can throw a spear and end it all. Just like hardhomme. He raised the dead to show Jon what he can do.
Urban Ag
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

I won't be weak this time Spilner, not matter what. Gonna hang strong until Sunday night.

disclaimer: wife says she'll break out the Dany wig from last Halloween if I'm good.

Dro07
AG
Something something Rules bro
Urban Ag
AG
dromo07 said:

Something something Rules bro
Does rule 1 apply to wives? ********** I'd get in so much trouble........
wangus12
AG
chipotle
Urban Ag said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

I won't be weak this time Spilner, not matter what. Gonna hang strong until Sunday night.

disclaimer: wife says she'll break out the Dany wig from last Halloween if I'm good.

So do you have a jon snoow costume as well? Gonna be some hot incest role play this weekend?

Speaking of incest, I feel like the whole jamie/cersai relationship was just sort of prep for the audience as to make the danny/jon hook up feel not so bad. At first I was like "uggghhhh" with jamie and cersai banging and now I'm like "awwwww". Kinda like what they're trying to do with gays being put more and more into hollywood roles and commercials. Wow, so many emotions.
RDV-1992
Chipotle ignored.
Greeze06
AG
Desensitized to everything.
Carl Underguard
AG
This thread is pretty slow right now, so I have question. Do y'all notice the accents on GoT? By that I mean the variety of different accents among the characters? For example, I think they tried to somewhat make people from the north and the south sound different. Or do they more or less sound the same to y'all? The Hound's "whinging" comment brought this to mind.
Aggie_2463
AG
Knowing my luck right about time GOT comes on sunday, the satellite goes out in Bryan from the hurricane
RDV-1992
Carl Underguard said:

This thread is pretty slow right now, so I have question. Do y'all notice the accents on GoT? By that I mean the variety of different accents among the characters? For example, I think they tried to somewhat make people from the north and the south sound different. Or do they more or less sound the same to y'all? The Hound's "whinging" comment brought this to mind.

From what I've read the westerosi accents didn't start that way. But they liked the vipers Spanish accent so much that they cast future drone folks with similar accents.

Maybe they did the same in other areas (like the dothraki for example).
TheEyeGuy
Sponsor
AG
RDV-1992 said:

Carl Underguard said:

From what I've read the westerosi accents didn't start that way. But they liked the vipers Spanish accent so much that they cast future drone folks with similar accents.

Maybe they did the same in other areas (like the dothraki for example).
Pretty sure Missandei is supposed to be more asian....
JJxvi
AG
Most of the male northerners are/were Scots or from the north of England (Sean Bean) while the southerners were mostly more southern English. The Hound is a notable exception. But I think they kinda at least made some minor thought in casting it by region based on the british isles.
Squirrel Master
AG
The show never said which dragon was killed did it? We're all just assuming its Viserion and not Rhaegal because that's what we think it should be?
redline248
AG
I Would post the clip, but nudity in the background.

"F-cking northern monkeys."

"I hate these f-cking Southern fairies."
smokeythebear
AG
Squirrel Master said:

The show never said which dragon was killed did it? We're all just assuming its Viserion and not Rhaegal because that's what we think it should be?
Don't think a name was said in the show, but I assumed people were able to tell by color?
Sex Panther
AG
With captions on it said Viserion
Squirrel Master
AG
Ok, I'll buy that.

As for anyone who can tell them apart physically on screen (especially now that the other two appeared to have grown to be equal size to Drogon), you're better than me.
redline248
AG
Usually, it has been possible to tell them apart. In that scene, they both were so dark that it was really hard to tell. Viserion is supposed to be more of a white color, I think.
3rdGen2015
AG
This seems relevant to the talk about accents.

wangus12
AG
The official soundtrack is online.

Ramin Djawadi is so damn underrated.
Urban Ag
AG
JJxvi said:

Most of the male northerners are/were Scots or from the north of England (Sean Bean) while the southerners were mostly more southern English. The Hound is a notable exception. But I think they kinda at least made some minor thought in casting it by region based on the british isles.
Davos said you could hear Fleabottom's influence in his accent. I guess that makes him Irish.

<it's ok, I can make fun of the Irish since I'm half Irish>
bobinator
AG
So are we all expecting this finale to just be flat out bonkers?
powerbelly
AG
bobinator said:

I expect flashy visuals and underwhelming writing.
Urban Ag
AG
Episode 9 is typically the bonkers episode (this year ep 6) and then the final ep usually has a cliffhanger and/or sets the stage for the next season. After last week, I am not expecting a lot of action but I'll assume something really big happens to set up the anticipation for the final season.
RDV-1992
powerbelly51 said:

bobinator said:

I expect flashy visuals and underwhelming writing.

Unless Ghost appears and rag dolls some Lannisters during the meeting. Then the writing is good.
chipotle
bobinator said:

Well at the pace they're going The Long Night should be over by the end of the season finale.
bobinator
AG
chipotle said:

bobinator said:

Well at the pace they're going The Long Night should be over by the end of the season finale.
This is kind of what I mean.

I've given up on the writing for the most part so I'm sort of just hoping the plot gets as insane as possible.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
Urban Ag said:

Episode 9 is typically the bonkers episode (this year ep 6) and then the final ep usually has a cliffhanger and/or sets the stage for the next season. After last week, I am not expecting a lot of action but I'll assume something really big happens to set up the anticipation for the final season.

I disagree.......this season is different. I don't think we get 80 minutes of setting the stage.

I think we still get some major character death or deaths - really this season has only been mid-major characters dying (the Tarly's, Thoros, the Freys, Olenna Tyrell, 2 Sand Snakes, presumably the other Sand Snake and Ellaria (?). Compared to season 6 it's been tame thus far with no major character deaths.

Even looked like possibly some major battle brewing in the preview.

I agree actually that it will set the stage for the real battle in the north vs. WW/NK....like the wall falling or they go around, under, whatever. but that may be the last 20 minutes or so....I expect an hour of OMFG!!!!!

Oh and I expect sex.....lots of sex.
bobinator
AG
I still think the wall comes down in the final scene of the season even though we haven't seen any sort of plot device to indicate how that might actually happen.

To me it's just too good of a final scene.
FL_Ag1998
AG
bobinator said:

I still think the wall comes down in the final scene of the season even though we haven't seen any sort of plot device to indicate how that might actually happen.

And what about this season makes you think the writers care about minor details like that?
FTAG 2000
AG
bobinator said:

Night King just got himself a dragon and you don't see any plot device to indicate how that might happen?

smokeythebear
AG
Seems as good a time as any to dive a little deeper into the Sansa/Arya/Littlefinger storyline.

I want to preface this a little bit with WHY we fell in love with this show. See, in season 1, it was a medieval knights tale/murder mystery. I remember talking to a friend still in season 1 and asking what she thought the show was about and she goes "well it is a murder mystery, of course. We're trying to figure out who murdered the hand of the King (Jon Aryn)!" Bless her little heart, she had no idea what she was getting into, haha. But the reality is that we were in a genre that was only "fantasy" because it slightly hinted at magic in old stories (much like our own medieval times). Slowly, the show introduces us to more and more magic: baby dragons? mystical undead creatures in the north? Witches telling prophesies? But 95% of the people of GoT lived in a world without any magic at all. And we, as readers and show watchers, really liked this, it was "fantasy" but not "full of total bull****".

Now, fast forward 6 seasons later and almost every main character left lives in a world of nearly entirely absurd magic. Dany and her dragons, her unburnt, and her blood-magic curse. Jon in his being brought back to life and the white walkers reanimating the dead. Arya and her changing of faces. Bran with his warging and greenseeing.

Sansa though, still doesn't live in a world where magic exists. She's still part of that previous life of the show where people can only do human things. She's heard this ridiculous story about Jon coming back to life, but didn't see it. She's creeped out by Bran, and explains it away as "he... sees things now...". When she breaks into Arya's room, this is her FIRST real confrontation with true magic in her life.

In my opinion, this is a big reason why Sansa has been so forgiving and comfortable keeping Littlefinger around. She views him as the only "main character" left who is still living in the world governed by men instead of magic. It's better the enemy you know than the one you don't.
First Page Last Page
Page 183 of 206

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.