Game of Thrones - Season 7

1,138,768 Views | 7206 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Definitely Not A Cop
AgLaw
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
BallerStaf2003 said:

So of all the stupid decision Jon has made, could there be a worse decision than walking into King's Landing. Total ned stark move.

A LOT of people are going to die Sunday. Important ones.
I doubt it. No major player has died this season. Only side story characters like Tyrells, Martells and Thoros. Characters they could have killed but chose not to: Theon (when running into Jon at Dragonstone), Jamie and Bronn (at Mariana Trench), any of the Magnificent Seven (OK, they killed Thoros)/

LF has the best odds, then it drops off tremendously. Shoot, the next level down might have to be either Sansa or Cersi, and I don't think they're going to do that.

I think everyone survives to align against the NK.
Agnzona
Is there any chance after next season they move this to a movie franchise, even with different characters and time lined ala Star Wars?
Ranger222
AG
I think Jon Snow should have died last night. That would have been true "Game of Thrones". The heat building up between Dany and Jon, about to boil over, and then Jon gets taken away. That would have been GoT from Seasons 1-3. The fact that the main 5 we care about from the 7 all came back and survived is stupid.

I'm still on the "Cersei teams up with the Night King" train. Especially now that she knows that he got one of Dany's dragons? The Army of the Undead is the army that Cersei needs, not the Golden Company or anyone else. Euron + Cersei are just crazy enough to do it. And what if the Night King demands an offering? Well, Cersei might have a baby boy soon to offer up to the White Walkers.....

A couple of good things the show did do last night -- explain some of the magic things we have been wondering. We now know that the killing a Walker will kill all of its wights. That problem is solved. And we got clues on how Ayra can use her faces. More stuff we wanted to know.

Also, the Hound is going back to King's Landing with the wight. CELGANE BOWL anyone?
Sex Panther
AG
Agnzona said:

Is there any chance after next season they move this to a movie franchise, even with different characters and time lined ala Star Wars?

Most definitely... we're just getting started
MW03
AG
Since WW dude walks through fire, can the dragon even hurt him? Seems like he must be invulnerable, or else that war ends in about 2 seconds when Drogon flies over. Then again, he freaking whizzed that thing. Regular freaking Staubach over there.
Urban Ag
AG
So how exactly do you see Cercei teaming up with the NK?
dc509
AG
I thought Tormund should have. I'm not a huge fan of going into an impossible situation, and having only nameless people and a priest no one cares about die. I'm sure the point someone made about Thoros' healing powers being gone will matter, but Tormund would have brought the emotional impact.
BallerStaf2003
AG
You have to admit, Cersei is gonna try SOMETHING!
FightinTexasAg15
AG
Joseph Parrish said:

"Argh....I'm a bear"

"No, you're not...your name's Toby"

Lol

Basically **** Ghost, we want a zombie bear.
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno
AG
Urban Ag said:

So how exactly do you see Cercei teaming up with the NK?

Reddit and spoilers probably
Joseph Parrish
AG
dc509 said:

I thought Tormund should have. I'm not a huge fan of going into an impossible situation, and having only nameless people and a priest no one cares about die. I'm sure the point someone made about Thoros' healing powers being gone will matter, but Tormund would have brought the emotional impact.
What made this part even worse was the dude that fell off the cliff got immediately torn to pieces by the crowd of zombies.
Sex Panther
AG
Joseph Parrish said:

dc509 said:

What made this part even worse was the dude that fell off the cliff got immediately torn to pieces by the crowd of zombies.

Glen laughs at that scrub
dc509
AG
Agreed.
Joseph Parrish
AG
Sex Panther said:

Joseph Parrish said:

dc509 said:

Glen laughs at that scrub
I actually thought it was as much of a cop out as the fake Glen death under the dumpster.
Bruce Almighty
AG
Worst episode of the series.
Belton Ag
AG
Quote:

I think Jon Snow should have died last night. That would have been true "Game of Thrones". The heat building up between Dany and Jon, about to boil over, and then Jon gets taken away. That would have been GoT from Seasons 1-3. The fact that the main 5 we care about from the 7 all came back and survived is stupid.
This whole series is more or less about Jon Snow. He may end up dying but I'd be pretty irritated if they killed him off now before they wrap up the various subplots around him they've been developing.
Carl Underguard
AG
This article is fairly negative in tone (for those triggered by criticism of Game of Thrones), but it makes some good points. The last paragraph basically describes the situation on this board right now.
Quote:

I think overall, this will be one of the more polarizing episodes in Thrones history. Every viewer now is having to make a calculation about how much lax storytelling to forgive, considering the following: It's not the creators' fault that Martin hasn't finished his books; there are just seven episodes left; and the show will naturally accelerate as it nears the finish line. On one end of the spectrum will be those who are perfectly content, after years of painful reversals and twists, to root for the "good guys" to stay good, and to "win" in the end, whatever that means. On the other end will be those who will feel profoundly betrayed if Game of Thrones, in its final hours, rejects the "no one is safe" attitude typified by game-changing moments like the Red Wedding. I'll still give Season 7 until the finale to show me what kind of series this epic wants to be onscreenif "Beyond the Wall" is any indicator, I'll expect heated debate over the soul of Thrones until Season 8 returns (sigh) more than a year later.

https://www.theatlantic.com/entertainment/archive/2017/08/game-of-thrones-season-7-episode-6-beyond-the-wall-roundtable/537363/
Joseph Parrish
AG
Belton Ag said:

Quote:

This whole series is more or less about Jon Snow. He may end up dying but I'd be pretty irritated if they killed him off now before they wrap up the various subplots around him they've been developing.
He's gonna have more lives than Beric when this is all over.
trm94
AG
I think Cersei will definitely screw over the good guys, but I doubt she teams up with anyone, especially the NK.

More like she attacks their bases while they are busy fighting WW or something. She's just that much of a *****. Always scheming

NK doesn't need any help
Urban Ag
AG
I think the biggest reason to show that the NK was a bad ass javelin chuckin machine was the same reason they made Euron a high seas pirate god. They had to make this harder for Dany on both fronts. First, in taking the Iron Throne, and second, in destroying the NK and his army. The dragons are obviously very effective in napalming the sheet of the wights, but if the NK is there the risk of losing a dragon is high.
CFTXAG10
AG
trm94 said:

I think Cersei will definitely screw over the good guys, but I doubt she teams up with anyone, especially the NK.

More like she attacks their bases while they are busy fighting WW or something. She's just that much of a *****. Always scheming

NK doesn't need any help
I was talking about this last night. She will plot something behind their backs, but I am still pulling for Jamie to get his head out of his a** and turn on her. Maybe tip off the others.
dc509
AG
Carl Underguard said:

This article is fairly negative in tone (for those triggered by criticism of Game of Thrones), but it makes some good points. The last paragraph basically describes the situation on this board right now.
Quote:

I think overall, this will be one of the more polarizing episodes in Thrones history. Every viewer now is having to make a calculation about how much lax storytelling to forgive, considering the following: It's not the creators' fault that Martin hasn't finished his books; there are just seven episodes left; and the show will naturally accelerate as it nears the finish line. On one end of the spectrum will be those who are perfectly content, after years of painful reversals and twists, to root for the "good guys" to stay good, and to "win" in the end, whatever that means. On the other end will be those who will feel profoundly betrayed if Game of Thrones, in its final hours, rejects the "no one is safe" attitude typified by game-changing moments like the Red Wedding. I'll still give Season 7 until the finale to show me what kind of series this epic wants to be onscreenif "Beyond the Wall" is any indicator, I'll expect heated debate over the soul of Thrones until Season 8 returns (sigh) more than a year later.

https://www.theatlantic.com/entertainment/archive/2017/08/game-of-thrones-season-7-episode-6-beyond-the-wall-roundtable/537363/
Don't get me wrong, I still think the show is awesome. I don't care about how fast people move from point A to point B. There's dragons and an army of dead people so I'm perfectly willing to assume dragons and raven can fly extremely fast in their world. The bolded part is what knocks it down a degree or two in my mind, and it's because it creates formulaic scenes. I also wish they would stop doing things like throwing John into a frozen lake wearing armor unless they're going to do something like show the lord of light saving him. There were plenty of ways to create the drama of him being left behind, and that is what they picked? Come on...
FIDO95
AG
I think Jon Snow died in the water and probably froze to death riding back. He just keeps coming back, maybe because the "the lord of light isn't done with him". I recall from the "Inside the Episode" of BoB episode, it was pointed out the the arrows kept missing Jon and landing all around. The intent of the show writers was to demonstrate he has mystical protection.

I do think that there is a love connection between Jon and Dany. However, GRRM has stated that the end is bitter sweet. One dies before the end (maybe both and Tyrion takes over) because GRRM is a mother f***er.

Arya (and the writers) reminded us she is an expert in the game of faces. She knows Sansa is telling the truth in regards to the letter. I think she is just pushing Sansa to the realization that LF needs to go.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
dc509
AG
I think you're probably right about Jon. I just wish they would do a little more in showing that. I don't have a great idea for how, but I'm not the guy making a mountain of money to make this show.
Sex Panther
AG
Joseph Parrish said:

"Argh....I'm a bear"

"No, you're not...your name's Toby"

Lol

Man, that video is fascinating
jenn96
AG
trm94 said:

That's what I think; she couldn't care less about the fate of the world; all she cares about is ruling it. I see her using the war against the WW as a way to get power, probably by agreeing to a truce and then betraying them (although if ANYONE trusts Cersei at this point then they deserve to die). But I don't see much evidence that the NK is looking to make deals.
dc509
AG
If Cersei Lannister teams up with the Night King that will be the last episode I watch.
wangus12
AG
#1 said:

The Debt said:

I'm gonna say Dany dies next season. Her being barren, tyrion bringing up sucession, Jons parentage being hinted and the Ptwp aspect.

Further when tyrion mentioned other ways of determining king, he mentioned the kingsmoot-greyjoys and the nightswatch. If dany dies, maybe Drogon's vote is the only vote that matters. Drogon chooses Jon, a Targaryen.
Do you think HBO will have the balls to kill off Dany in the season finale next week? Cersei kills her and Jon finds out he he the direct heir to the throne and takes over Dany's last 2 dragons. I hope it doesnt happen but we are talking about Game of Thrones here.
I think people's expectations of Game of Thrones is misleading. In 7 seasons, the only moments where they straight up "killed" main characters were Ned, the Red Wedding, and Jon. Its not like they do it week in and week out
Koldus131
AG
I agree with this, but if there's not any character loss this Sunday, there better be a good amount next season. GRRM has always said that the ending will be bittersweet. I don't want a super happy ending. Hell, even Harry Potter killed off some important characters in the Battle of Hogwarts
wangus12
AG
I agree. But they have a set cast now with 7 episodes to go. You can't just kill everyone now, especially when the episodes are supposedly really long next season. I do think plenty of people will die before everything ends
RDV-1992
CFTXAG10 said:

trm94 said:

NK doesn't need any help
I was talking about this last night. She will plot something behind their backs, but I am still pulling for Jamie to get his head out of his a** and turn on her. Maybe tip off the others.
All she needs to do is nothing. Just let the Night King and the North/Dany alliance destroy each other. Then, she rolls over the survivor.

I could see a twist where she plans that, the Night King wins, and then she & her forces end up facing all those dead dothraki, unsullied, northerners, and dragons by themselves. Could be like hardhome, except she gets stuck on the beach because the Iron Fleet decides not to wait on her. That would be a very game of thrones-style ending.
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno
AG
dc509 said:

If Cersei Lannister teams up with the Night King that will be the last episode I watch.

No it won't
EFE
AG
Wights going after the Ranging party like:
dc509
AG
wangus12 said:

I agree. But they have a set cast now with 7 episodes to go. You can't just kill everyone now, especially when the episodes are supposedly really long next season. I do think plenty of people will die before everything ends
I only think Tormund should have died. His storyline is basically done. I suppose he'll be apart of the war, but ok. His death would have added emotional impact that I thought that scene lacked.
dc509
AG
Yeah, you're right. Only because there's so much time invested in this that I want to know how it ends. I read the books before there was a show, and those things took forever to get through. I would, however, be annoyed and write a strongly worded tweet at hbo and GRRM.
First Page Last Page
Page 175 of 206

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.