Game of Thrones - Season 7

1,138,418 Views | 7206 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Definitely Not A Cop
dcAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Whatever happened to the Pirates? Did they just run off to do Pirate stuff?

The Hound has to be re-united with Arya so he wont fall any time soon.
Hickory High
AG
So I love the discussion of who's gonna win this thing in the end, but overall, there's still no known way to kill the dragons, right? I mean, as of now, it still seems pretty straightforward even if they all team up together against the army of the dead.

Do the Walkers have the ability to raise up one of the dead dragons from a long time ago?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
If Dany were to fly up with her three dragons, it'd basically be game over for the WW in about 8 minutes, right?
Post removed:
by user
redline248
AG
How accurately do you think zombie giants can shoot arrows? For that matter, have any of the undead foot soldiers been anything than strict melee and hand to hand?
bobinator
AG
We have no idea what the White Walkers and especially what the Night King are capable of, and presumably the characters don't either, that's part of what Sam was supposed to be finding out.

I'd be a little weary of sending my best weapon into that not knowing what they can do, especially since they aren't currently a threat since they're stuck behind the wall.

I still think that wall is coming down though. I don't know if the NK can warg into a Dragon and melt it or how it's going to happen. But that's a prediction I've had since I saw the wall.
AgMarauder04
AG
AstroAg17 said:

I wouldn't count the scorpion as a failure. I think a shot to a critical area could be fatal, and if a dragon were shot many times it could be incapacitated or killed.

That's relevant to the night king, because the bolts fired by the scorpion are about the same size as the arrows shot by the giants during the seige of the wall. He has many giants and a cluster of giant archers could probably take a dragon down better than anything else in existence.

The scorpion doesn't look too difficult to build. I bet the Red Keep has several.
10Aggie10
AG
It seems like there are several folks who think the Night King is going to shoot a dragon out of the sky - am i understanding these predictions correctly?
bobinator
AG
Now that they know to be looking for them though you'd think Dany would be a little more cautious about flying straight at the enemy's lines.
Post removed:
by user
wangus12
AG
Well its what Cersei tried to do and they did at the very least partially penetrate Drogon's skin.
bobinator
AG
Well, even though they're all kinds of magical, we don't know exactly how dragons react to the cold. Presumably that could be an issue.
Post removed:
by user
Mozart Paintings
AG
bobinator said:

Well, even though they're all kinds of magical, we don't know exactly how dragons react to the cold. Presumably that could be an issue.

True. But in this world they could also suddenly breathe and come back to life after taking multiple shots to the heart if a red headed woman does a chant around them.
bobinator
AG
Yeah, and they could be completely impervious to the cold, just saying we don't really know because it hasn't been shown or talked about. We also don't really know how much control the Night King may or may not have on the weather itself. They've seemed to indicate that the white walkers create the cold. I don't know if they could make it windy enough to ground the dragons either.

Could not be a factor at all, just throwing some things out.

Back to the wall though, Benjen Stark said "The Wall's not just ice and stone. Ancient spells were carved into its foundation. Strong magic. To protect men from what lies beyond. And while it stands, the dead cannot pass. I cannot pass."

So "walk around it" would kind of be a cheap way of getting around that.

But that line basically confirmed for me that that thing is coming down.

SeattleAgJr
so many spoiler readers with their on point "guesses".

Yes, some can be logically deduced from the books and other sources, but quite a few are too spot on, and there has been no hint in either the show or books.....
marble rye
AG
bobinator said:

I'm willing to let this Gendry thing play out before complaining about it, but are there any good theories of why exactly he needed to come back or is this just a nod to the fans?

He is one of few that can fashion valerian steel. What is needed to fight White Walkers?
redline248
AG
Pam Poovey said:

bobinator said:

I'm willing to let this Gendry thing play out before complaining about it, but are there any good theories of why exactly he needed to come back or is this just a nod to the fans?

He is one of few that can fashion valerian steel. What is needed to fight White Walkers?

I can't remember where it was said he can fashion it. Do you mind pointing me to that? Also, does fashion mean reshape it like was done to Ice, or make it from new?
aggietony2010
AG
redline248 said:

Pam Poovey said:

bobinator said:

I can't remember where it was said he can fashion it. Do you mind pointing me to that? Also, does fashion mean reshape it like was done to Ice, or make it from new?

It hasn't been shown Gendry can do this.

The only reshaping of Valyrian Steel we've seen is by Tywin, who had to ship in a smith from Essos.

No Valyrian steel has been forged since the doom.
marble rye
AG
He was the understudy (or student/trainee/ whatever you call it) to the man that made Widows Wail and Oathbreaker from Ice. That was on the show when Tywin had Ice melted down, I thought. Someone specifically mentions that very few know how to work with VS.
bobinator
AG
I also assumed that was the case when he first appeared, but taking him on this great wight caper seems to indicate that's not the case.
Carl Underguard
AG
He can make sweet helms. I know that.
marble rye
AG
Maybe he can forge dragonglass weapons? Idk.
Carl Underguard
AG
Good point. If he indeed can, then this plan is even stupider than I thought. Why risk him dying?

He better put on his thickest plot armor or the realm is ****ed.
aggietony2010
AG
What's funny is he is Tobho Mott's apprentice, who makes the swords out of Ice... But only in the books.

The show goes out of the way to say that Tywin brought in a Volantene smith to make the weapons, removing Gendry's connection to Valyrian steel.

Personally I think he's going to be a disposable character, brought back solely to answer the question of his fate after getting in the rowboat.
CapCityAg89
AG
Pam Poovey said:

He was the understudy (or student/trainee/ whatever you call it) to the man that made Widows Wail and Oathbreaker from Ice. That was on the show when Tywin had Ice melted down, I thought. Someone specifically mentions that very few know how to work with VS.

I've seen this a couple of times and it's not true. Tywin specifically says he had to bring in a guy from Essos as was mentioned. Gendrys master built fancy armor.
CapCityAg89
AG
And Dany isn't engaged yet in the fight north. She's still concentrating on Cerci. How do any of you suggest they get a dragon north. Get it to pick up a reanimated dead thing and transport it back south?! Dany is the only one that controls them and even her (aside from Drogon) not very well.
PatAg
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

If Dany were to fly up with her three dragons, it'd basically be game over for the WW in about 8 minutes, right?
Well...the night king basically just dispersed the murder of crows flying recon..makes you wonder if he could make the dragons turn away too...or take control of one.
OnlyForNow
AG
I didn't say anything yesterday but thank you.

It's getting ridiculous at this point about some specifics.
agrams
AG
If I had to take a guess at how they would take down a dragon with standard weaponry, I go with giants and spears. As for how they would with any supernatural powers.... who knows..
OnlyForNow
AG
I thought it was more of a he sense the TER in the crows and Bran got scared.
OnlyForNow
AG
Ok, a major question I have after this video is...

Patchface...!?!

He is dead and reanimated? Wtf when was that discussed in the books?
chipotle
Probably already answered on page 1_X but why not just walk out twenty feet or so north of the wall, kill someone, wait a few and head back with the zombie?
chipotle
Or are they going full blown White Walker hunting?
wangus12
AG
I don't think they just automatically turn like in TWD. The Night King has to raise them.
First Page Last Page
Page 151 of 206

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.