Game of Thrones - Season 7

1,124,507 Views | 7206 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Definitely Not A Cop
wangus12
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
AstroAg17 said:

When they said they were going to go get a wight, I assumed it would be a stealth mission. You know, pick off a straggler, maybe a crawler missing a leg who had fallen a ways behind the rest.

Nope.

Leeeerrrroooyyyyy Jennnnkkkkiiinnnsss!!!!!!!!
I just want Gendry to yell "Hammer Time"
Joseph Parrish
AG
So what is Benjen doing North of the Wall again? Is he just following the army?
RDV-1992
bobinator said:

I've been on the "go around it" theory since they changed the opening sequence of the show, that can't be a coincidence...

But having said that I'd be a little annoyed if after all this talk of the potential magic of the wall if the solution is just "go around it."

The north is fairly cold even in the summer, so it seems that any winter would freeze the sea enough to make it possible to go around it.

If they could just walk around it, why would they even need ice? They could just walk their dead army out into the bay and have them come out the other side. Sure, they'd be minus some flesh from the fish. But that doesn't seem to hurt them at all.
smokeythebear
AG
Joseph Parrish said:

So what is Benjen doing North of the Wall again? Is he just following the army?
smokeythebear
AG
RDV-1992 said:

bobinator said:

I've been on the "go around it" theory since they changed the opening sequence of the show, that can't be a coincidence...

But having said that I'd be a little annoyed if after all this talk of the potential magic of the wall if the solution is just "go around it."

The north is fairly cold even in the summer, so it seems that any winter would freeze the sea enough to make it possible to go around it.

If they could just walk around it, why would they even need ice? They could just walk their dead army out into the bay and have them come out the other side. Sure, they'd be minus some flesh from the fish. But that doesn't seem to hurt them at all.
FWIW, this week they finally showed Eastwatch and the wall does extend a substantial way out into the ocean. So far, we haven't seen any wights venture into the water (Hardhome, you'd think they would have continued to attack the boats) so perhaps there is a reason they can't do as the Black Pearl crew did and march underwater.
trm94
AG
So the Magnificent 7 have to be rescued next week - because I'm pretty sure they cannot run all the way back to the Wall. Maybe Davos will pick them up and take them out to sea, just like Hardhome. Maybe Danny given the look between her and Tyrion in the previews. Looks like she did when she decided to take Drogon to roast the Lannisters ...

Dead are going to kick some ass next week judging from the preview.
nikator
AG
Not sure why Rhaegar needed an annulment. Targs have been polygamous before, though none have been since Maegor the Cruel. Even Aegon the conqueror had two wives.

It also possibly renders his older two kids illegitimate. Part of the reason he hooked up with Lyanna was his obsession with a dragon having three heads and after having her second child Elia Martell was told a third would kill her.

Dumping a faithful loving wife seems cruel personally and stupid in that it alienates Dorne in the middle of a giant civil war....Dorne was already pissed he ran off with another woman and only reluctantly sent 10,000 men.

---------------

"A man without a belly is like a house without a balcony"
- Old Turkish saying
smokeythebear
AG
nikator said:

Not sure why Rhaegar needed an annulment. Targs have been polygamous before, though none have been since Maegor the Cruel. Even Aegon the conqueror had two wives.

It also possibly renders his older two kids illegitimate. Part of the reason he hooked up with Lyanna was his obsession with a dragon having three heads and after having her second child Elia Martell was told a third would kill her.

Dumping a faithful loving wife seems cruel personally and stupid in that it alienates Dorne in the middle of a giant civil war....Dorne was already pissed he ran off with another woman and only reluctantly sent 10,000 men.

Just want to point out, there WAS no war until AFTER he did that. So yea, one would agree it was a pretty risky move as, literally, none of the events in Robert's Rebellion would have happened had he just stayed faithful to Elia.
MandoArms
I am getting worried that they are bringing in all the people that are "last of their name" back into the show just because Dany wants the wheel broken.

To break the wheel you would have to leave all houses dead...including Targaryen. What if Gendry coming back is just to show that House Baratheon is truly done at the end of the series??
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
Let's get some official predictions. Who do you think goes down next week?

I think Thoros gets taken down, and then as a result, Beric. The Hound ends up taking over BWB.
agrams
AG
I say 2 dead, one turned in to a wight.

Either way, any 2 you pick can kill a lot of storyline and theories.
Joseph Parrish
AG
agrams said:

I say 2 dead, one turned in to a wight.

Either way, any 2 you pick can kill a lot of storyline and theories.
I think they'll lose half the group. And you have to assume Benjen shows up since you see somebody riding off hunched over on a horse.
agrams
AG
Yeah. I figured benjen shows up. Would be interesting if bran wargs in to anything to help out. The way some of the scenes in the preview set up, not much short of a dragon could save them.
Thunder18
AG
I think Benjen shows up and helps save most of the gang, maybe sacrificing himself in the process
Joseph Parrish
AG
Thunder18 said:

I think Benjen shows up and helps save most of the gang, maybe sacrificing himself in the process
Yeah, I think this happens too.
AtlAg05
AG
Have there been any characters that are alive/dead in the show that weren't in the books? Just curious if HBO had killed everyone that Martin did.

If they are in alignment I can't imagine a favorite isn't killed during that expedition because GRRM is evil.

Excluding Lady Stoneheart and Quentyn.
trm94
AG
I think Baeric is toast - he's speaking in the preview
Twice an Aggie
AG
What if Melisandre is the one who tempers Lightbringer? Jon said he would kill her and she said she has to die in Westeros. Maybe her body of fire is what unleashes the sword?
Joseph Parrish
AG
AtlAg05 said:

Excluding Lady Stoneheart
I haven't read the books, but from what I've followed online it makes me kind of wish that they would have been able to fit Lady Stoneheart into the show.
Ol Jock 99
AG
Joseph Parrish said:

AtlAg05 said:

Excluding Lady Stoneheart
I haven't read the books, but from what I've followed online it makes me kind of wish that they would have been able to fit Lady Stoneheart into the show.

LSH was boring and I'm glad they didn't use her.
Ol Jock 99
AG
Jorah goes. Hell, he may even be the wright. He's redemption story is done and him being dead will piss off Dany.
wangus12
AG
Joseph Parrish
AG
I think this quote has to be relevant for the next episode.

"When the snows fall and the white winds blow, the lone wolf dies but the pack survives."
DannyDuberstein
AG
The actor that plays Beric needs a job reading books on tape.
EFE
AG
Joseph Parrish said:

"When the snows fall and the white winds blow, the lone wolf dies but the pack survives."

The hound is toast
ETA-Benjen probably makes more sense, him being a Stark and all
Streetfighter 02
AG
wangus12 said:

I felt like it ties in with the faith of the seven pointed star. Who's the mother?
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
Joseph Parrish said:

And when the roosters are crowing and the cows are spinning circles in the pasture, Ducks Fly Together.
wangus12
AG
Tormund
Streetfighter 02
AG
At Hardhome the books specifically state "dead things in the water."
Streetfighter 02
AG
Your mother has a huge member.
wangus12
AG
Picture review

https://imgur.com/a/jbg1r
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
https://www.facebook.com/OystersClamsCockles/videos/111646926203591/
Dobre casy
AG
When Bran was warged into the Raven, he pulled out the second the Night King spotted him and the other ravens all got spooked. I wonder what kind of power the NK has over something that's flying? Might have implications for taking down a flying dragon too...
AgMarauder04
AG
Littlefinger....nevermind. 7. He will die in 7.

Thoros will die.
BowSowy
AG
KidDoc said:

wangus12 said:

bobinator said:

I'm willing to let this Gendry thing play out before complaining about it, but are there any good theories of why exactly he needed to come back or is this just a nod to the fans?
Maybe he gets Storm's End. Someone needs to continue the Baratheon line. Certainly helps to get in the good graces.

Other than that, just fan service
Back when HBO started this D&D sat down with Martin and they went over how each character's thread is supposed to end according to Martin's "plan" for the series. IMO bringing back Gendry means he has a role to play in the end game. I have no idea what it is but I don't see them rehiring an actor with a special Baratheon hammer just for fan service.

By the same logic, the characters that are absent in the show (fake Targ, Stoneheart, many others) likely have nothing really to contribute to the final story.

It is weird how Euron has vanished. Maybe getting sellswords from Essos?

There hasn't been anymore development at sea. He destroyed the rogue Iron Fleet when he took Yara and then when they destroyed the ships transporting the Unsullied. He may be getting sellswords, but it may just be that he is useless if the battle is coming to land.
First Page Last Page
Page 150 of 206

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.