Game of Thrones - Season 7

1,138,737 Views | 7206 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Definitely Not A Cop
FIDO95
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG

Just a thought I have had since the season 7 trailer: Where does the fire come from in this picture?

Drogon seemed to recognize Jon. Was it only as a friend or as a Targ? Maybe it was enough of a meeting that the dragon(s) my bind to Jon as well. I know it is generally one Targ bound to one Dragon. However, they sense when Dany is in danger. Will they now sense when Jon is in danger and come to the rescue? Will their dragon fire hold the undead army at bay so that some of the party can escape? I don't see Benjen being able to make that much fire.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
From Reddit:

Quote:

The Jon / Daenerys wedding invitation will be insufferable...

[]Baegic 1278 points 12 hours ago
Dear Tyrion Lannister, You have been invited to the wedding of Queen Daenerys of the House Targaryen, the First of Her Name, The Unburnt, Queen of the Andals, the Rhoynar and the First Men, Queen of Meereen, Khaleesi of the Great Grass Sea, Protector of the Realm, Lady Regnant of the Seven Kingdoms, Breaker of Chains and Mother of Dragons and Jon Snow of House Targaryen, First of His Name, The Resurrected, Rightful King of the Andals, The Rhoynar, and The First Men, The King In The North, The 998th Lord Commander of The Night's Watch, Savior of The Free Folk, Slayer of The Dead, The White Wolf, The Son of Ice and Fire, The Prince That Was Promised. Please let us know if you will be coming as soon as possible. Thanks!

redline248
AG
My guess is that fire is burning bodies of wights Beric kills with his flaming sword. Probably not, though. That shot is right after Jon cuts down, what we assume is, a wight. I'll be surprised if it's actually dragon fire.
Rex Racer
AG
bobinator said:

The legitimizing of Jon Snow bothers me also, as someone else said it's like if we find out that Rey is a Skywalker. It seems like part of the point is that they weren't born important, but now we find out that he secretly was born important.

Also, this is a good example of the writing of this show sort of annoying me now. Like... in his notes the Maestor wrote:

3/1 - Random Citadel facts: there are 5,34083245 steps
Random Sept of Baelor facts: There are 5672 windows

3/2 - I annulled a marriage of the prince of the kingdom and heir to the throne. Also remarried him in secret to someone else. (to find out who, turn to page 41 of book 3?)

So, in his random very specific facts about the Sept of Baelor, he drops in a vague note about a thing he did but doesn't include all of the details?
I took it as he did include the details. Gilly just didn't say them, and Sam cut her off before she could finish, anyway.
redline248
AG
You know, I get that Sam is preoccupied with the walkers, but even sort of hearing the phrase "annulment of prince Rhaegar..." should have piqued his interest. In my opinion. Oh well, likely just a fan courtesy in that scene.
Trident 88
AG
RDV-1992 said:

Last night I told my wife that the last episode will be the "hook up" episode with all the survivors linking up and getting married.

She strongly disagreed with me.

Your wife may be right. At least, I still think that those of you who believe we're going to see Jon and Dany bump uglies before the show ends are wrong. Based on the meeting in the meeting/map room, it seems clear that Dany cares for Jon, but he's not going to even think about getting laid until the WW army is defeated. He made that pretty clear when he and Dany said goodbye:

Jon: If I don't return, at least you won't have to deal with the King in the North anymore.
Dany: (flirting) I've grown used to him.
Jon: (shutting down the flirting) I wish you good fortune in the wars to come, your Grace.

So, if anything happens, Dany is going to have to initiate it, and I don't think that happens before Jon sacrifices himself to save somebody or kill the Night King.
InternetFan02
AG
Prince "Raggar" could be any random Dornish prince and why would such a monumental historical event only be recorded in that obscure logboook
bangobango
AG
Carl Underguard said:

God, I hope that's true. Happy endings are boring and the opposite of what you would expect in this universe. I want Cersei to hold on to the throne because everyone is distracted. The final shot of the show can be her on the throne as the army of the dead marches on King's Landing.

That would suck balls and would be terrible storytelling.
EFE
AG
Nah, Gilly just learned to read and the book she's working on is just her speed. It's just Day to day operations and neat factoids and not overly hard reading. I bet she hangs on to it like a fifth grader with an Uncle Johns Bathroom Reader and spits mad facts at Sam ad naseum until he's sick of it and says something like "Dammit, Gilly! There is nothing of importance in this silly book, look I'll open it to any page and there won't be anything if intrigue..." second or third page flip after counting steps and gargoyles and dumps he happens back on the Rhaegar wedding
Rocagnante
AG
Javelina said:

Streetfighter 02 said:

Joseph Parrish said:

dromo07 said:

The prophecy says how many kids she will have that's why I think she isn't pregnant

"The king will have 20 children and you will have three. Gold will be their crowns . . . gold their shrouds."
If she dies before the baby is born...then the numbers still work out.

Death by childbirth.
I hope not, a character as horrible as her should go out much more dramatically.

Getting roasted by a dragon while giving birth?
Sex Panther
AG
I think the final shot of the series is Jon and Dany sitting on separate thrones side by side, indicating they got rid of/melted down the Iron Throne.
Javelina
AG
Yes, that be more in line with what I am hoping for.
Quad Dog
AG
I understand why the show runners are doing it, but it is frustrating to see how much the geography of Westeros is ignored this season. In the first few seasons and the books, geography is a huge part of the story.
Post removed:
by user
bangobango
AG
SuperAg05 said:

So now that Jon Targ is confirmed, I'm just assuming he ends this thing sitting on the Throne. In fact, they allude to this in earlier seasons with why it can't be Dany. Dany has shown great success as a conqueror, but every time she tries to "rule" things just fall apart. I have a feeling that Dany will be part of the conquest of Westeros, but will ultimately defer to Jon to be King (maybe she's his wife, who knows?). I think we end this whole series with things back to the way they were before Robert first rebelled:

Jon does not have a great track record, either. Stabbed by his men as commander of night watch and open rebellion fomenting in the North now.
bangobango
AG
FIDO95 said:

Just a thought I have had since the season 7 trailer: Where does the fire come from in this picture?

Drogon seemed to recognize Jon. Was it only as a friend or as a Targ? Maybe it was enough of a meeting that the dragon(s) my bind to Jon as well. I know it is generally one Targ bound to one Dragon. However, they sense when Dany is in danger. Will they now sense when Jon is in danger and come to the rescue? Will their dragon fire hold the undead army at bay so that some of the party can escape? I don't see Benjen being able to make that much fire.

Oh snap. Good catch!

Now I am worried my Dany saves Jon prediction will get me labeled a spoiler reader, which I am NOT!
OnlyForNow
AG
LOL I was wondering what teflon had to do with this discussion!
Sex Panther
AG
OnlyForNow said:

LOL I was wondering what teflon had to do with this discussion!

I was so confused... I thought maybe you didn't want anyone sticking to it after the dragon set them on fire.
Carl Underguard
AG
Don't Reyne on my parade. I'm Team Cersei at this point.
InternetFan02
AG
Important: as Jon leaves Dany behind how do we rate the chemistry between the two during those 3 episodes? Did they get it right? How was the acting? On a sexual chemistry scale of 1-10 with 0 being Anakin and Padme I give them a 7.

I would bend the knee so hard

bangobango
AG
I am off the Tyrion is a Targ bandwagon, but I have to admit I was half expecting Jaime to blurt out "You weren't his son, you son of a *****! You were the Mad King's!" Or something similar. The fact that they rehashed all that kind of makes me wonder if a Tyrion reveal isn't coming at some point.
Carl Underguard
AG
That side by side thrones thing is a fairytale ending. Is that what y'all want?
powerbelly
AG
Carl Underguard said:

Nope. I want everyone to die because they can't unite to fight the true threat and instead fight over the iron throne.
redline248
AG
Carl Underguard said:

I mean, the whole series is a fairy tale, so....
redline248
AG
Truthfully, even though Dany and Jon seems logical there are too many reasons it's unlikely to happen. I don't know if I want it or not, tbh.
Rocagnante
AG
I go back to that vision Dany had in an early season (when she was in that strange temple that had stolen her baby dragons) where she's walking into a burnt out iron throne room. She wins the throne, but rules over a wasted continent.

Also something Ramsey Bolton said:

redline248
AG
bangobango said:

SuperAg05 said:

So now that Jon Targ is confirmed, I'm just assuming he ends this thing sitting on the Throne. In fact, they allude to this in earlier seasons with why it can't be Dany. Dany has shown great success as a conqueror, but every time she tries to "rule" things just fall apart. I have a feeling that Dany will be part of the conquest of Westeros, but will ultimately defer to Jon to be King (maybe she's his wife, who knows?). I think we end this whole series with things back to the way they were before Robert first rebelled:

Jon does not have a great track record, either. Stabbed by his men as commander of night watch and open rebellion fomenting in the North now.

I think "open rebellion fomenting" is premature. But seriously, there are some fickle lords in the north. I'm surprised Glover would rather whine about Jon not being there than question why a lord of the Vale has so much influence.
hunter2012
AG
powerbelly51 said:

Carl Underguard said:

Nope. I want everyone to die because they can't unite to fight the true threat and instead fight over the iron throne.

Yep I'm rooting for the bittersweet ending being the last player(Jon Snow?) leading the evacuation of Westeros. Ironically I feel Jon is safer fight wights than he is playing politics. I think Dany or one of the Stark girls is most likely to die sooner while in court.
Sex Panther
AG
Carl Underguard said:

Didn't say I wanted it necessarily, I just think that's what may happen.
AggieLitigator
I'm ready for Sansa and littlefinger to meet their Gods. They're annoying.
wangus12
AG
Carl Underguard said:

Oh no a happy ending. How dare they not make us live in despair like we do in the real world.

I don't care how they end it although I would like Jon to denounce any claim to the Targs and stay a Snow and loyal to the North as he was raised. Also hope Cersei dies in an awful way.
Wizard
In regards to where fire will come from north of the wall:

Is the sword that Beric weilds 'Lightbringer'? Is it possible Jon loses his Valyrian steel sword or returns it to Jorah, and during battle with the wights picks up the sword that catches on fire and officially goes Azor Ahai? Or is Beric Azor Ahai?

As a non-book reader I use this site to do my research and learn more about characters.
https://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Azor_Ahai
redline248
AG
Beric's sword is just a sword on which he lights an oil. Same as Stannis. Although, the show makes it look like it has an activation switch.
Carl Underguard
AG
I like some of the alternate endings y'all are coming up with. Jon leading the evacuation of Westeros would be sweet, maybe to return to his ancestral home of Old Valyria. But I also foresee a happy ending. Maybe it turns out that everyone was able to reunite in purgatory and live happily ever after.
CoachRTM
AG
I want the final shot to be of the Knight King sitting on the iron the throne...

... but mainly because I want to see the public's reaction to it.
First Page Last Page
Page 146 of 206

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.