Game of Thrones - Season 7

1,143,988 Views | 7206 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Definitely Not A Cop
G Martin 87
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Look, unlike my alter ego, the HBO writers haven't demonstrated either incompetence or duplicity. If the bolts were tainted with poison, the script would have said so. The contraption is called a "scorpion" because that's what the historical counterpart was called by the Romans. It's not poisonous.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
marble rye
AG
BallerStaf2003 said:

DannyDuberstein said:

Farmer1906 said:

Please edit your post.
Seriously. Given all of the spoiler info floating around due to the leaks/hacks, it would be appreciated if folks wouldn't post "my friend told me..." crap out here when it comes to potential storylines. Not just related to this specific item, but in general for the rest of the way.

Wait are there leaks beyond what aired last episode?

The entire season has been leaked well before July. I read them. No one here has posted any. It is fun to watch people guess very wrongly. Bigly wrongly.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Why would you want to ruin it for yourself? Makes no sense to me.
TPS_Report
AG
It is painfully obvious that the writers are not up to the task without Martin's source material. Everything seems to be a thumbnail sketch now. Best character on the show (Tyrion) with few lines and most of them lame. Time required for troop movements disregarded. Aryah engaging in swordplay with Brienne for no reason. Sad to see the decline.
Al Bula
AG
My mom is now watching GoT for the first time and she is hooked. She is mid season 3. The conversation post season 3 will be fun.

I have been very tempered in responding to any questions and have explicitly told her to avoid all websites which could inadvertently spoil the show. I wish I could experience this show for the first time again.
Aggie Joe 93
AG
Prediction:
Last Epidode after Jon defeats the dead army. Fade to black. Scene opens on Newhart in bed waking in a start. Then says,"I just had the strangest dream!"
Sapper Redux
TPS_Report said:

It is painfully obvious that the writers are not up to the task without Martin's source material. Everything seems to be a thumbnail sketch now. Best character on the show (Tyrion) with few lines and most of them lame. Time required for troop movements disregarded. Aryah engaging in swordplay with Brienne for no reason. Sad to see the decline.

I just don't see it. I know people have to complain, but it would take them an addition 5 seasons to get here if they followed the pace of seasons 1 & 2 regarding movement. Time isn't disregarded so much as compressed. They paid their dues earlier in the show, and I'm fine moving quickly at this point. Euron jumping all over the map is the only thing that bugs me. As for the writing, they've made a few mistakes, for sure, but they've also avoided getting bogged down like Martin. You certainly can't say they've lost focus. And characters like Tyrion are going to fall slightly back as the leaders make their moves. It sucks, I want to see more of him, but I get why we don't.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
You're pretty dense if you think there was no reason for the Brienne / Arya fight.
Eliminatus
AG
TPS_Report said:

Could not disagree more. Except troop movements. But whatever. Such small of a detail is meaningless to me.
Eliminatus
AG
So got a question I am not sure has been asked yet. (Haven't read all 131 pages and not going to, at least not right now).

Let's talk about magic in the show. Like actual no joke magic abilities. There does not seem to be much of anything alluding to it. We have resurrection stuff that is attributed to gods, and shadow babies murdering kings. But nothing completely overt like dudes running around tossing fireballs and whatnot.

Until we get to the Night King. Just watched Hardhome again and that scene with the people trapped on the other side of the gate just all disappearing is downright creepy. When on the dock the NK just raises his hands and boom. Mass raise of all the bodies.

So has there any real hint into the source of his powers? I am really curious about that. Looking at other fantasy stuff he is a prototypical lich/necromancer. But the actual mechanics of his raising zombies. Would it really be a "magic" type of spell? "I cast Raise!", does the hand motion and completes the spell? Or just a supreme command of life forces and able to bend them to his will? Which would make it more of a natural personal ability innate to him? Like a Sith Lord using an ability?

Can the other white walkers raise zombies?

Just bored and full of questions I am fairly certain don't have concrete answers to them.

Thoughts?
marble rye
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Why would you want to ruin it for yourself? Makes no sense to me.

The same reason one would watch the first 5-6 seasons after reading the books. I like to drink and know things.
InternetFan02
AG
Per Binge Mode, in the books a Scorpion weapon was used by a Dornish army to shoot down one of Aegon the Conqueror's dragons - this was a big reason why Aegon never conquered Dorne as it was the first time during that era that a dragon was killed. The scorpion arrow had to make a direct hit on the eye as the dragon's fully developed scaly skin was impenetrable.
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno
AG
Eliminatus said:

So got a question I am not sure has been asked yet. (Haven't read all 131 pages and not going to, at least not right now).

Let's talk about magic in the show. Like actual no joke magic abilities. There does not seem to be much of anything alluding to it. We have resurrection stuff that is attributed to gods, and shadow babies murdering kings. But nothing completely overt like dudes running around tossing fireballs and whatnot.

Until we get to the Night King. Just watched Hardhome again and that scene with the people trapped on the other side of the gate just all disappearing is downright creepy. When on the dock the NK just raises his hands and boom. Mass raise of all the bodies.

So has there any real hint into the source of his powers? I am really curious about that. Looking at other fantasy stuff he is a prototypical lich/necromancer. But the actual mechanics of his raising zombies. Would it really be a "magic" type of spell? "I cast Raise!", does the hand motion and completes the spell? Or just a supreme command of life forces and able to bend them to his will? Which would make it more of a natural personal ability innate to him? Like a Sith Lord using an ability?

Just bored and full of questions I am fairly certain don't have concrete answers to them.

Thoughts?
you need a girlfriend
Eliminatus
AG
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno said:

Eliminatus said:

Thoughts?
you need a girlfriend
I thought this was the thread we got in arguments over lack of jet turbines on dragons!!

......You are also right
The Debt
Eliminatus said:

But the actual mechanics of his raising zombies. Would it really be a "magic" type of spell? "I cast Raise!", does the hand motion and completes the spell?

Your mom cast "raise" and her hand motions also completed the spell.
marble rye
AG
That's just lazy and terrible internetting.
MaroonStain
AG
Carapace
Btron
AG
I do think the writing has gotten lazy and changed. I think with the show's increase in popularity I feel the writers have done some major hand holding that they didn't do in early seasons.
OnlyForNow
AG
One of the biggest events in the series to (if the spoilers are believed to be true) occur was "guessed" correctly a while back

So... ya.
RDV-1992
OnlyForNow said:

One of the biggest events in the series to (if the spoilers are believed to be true) occur was "guessed" correctly a while back

So... ya.
Was it my Drogon gets drunk theory?
BowSowy
AG
OnlyForNow said:

So... ya.
Yep, I've seen a couple of "predictions" posts that were every single major plot point from the leaks.
AceAggie05
AG
AcctAg11 said:

MW03 said:

For the record, that weapon is a ballista and was used quite a bit by the Roman empire, Caesar chief among them in the wars against Gaul. The Romans called it a "scorpio" which we would call a "scorpion" in modern English. I wouldn't put too much stock in the naming construction here.

They called it a Scorpion in this past episode.
Also, aren't scorpions (the insect) called manticores in GoT?
marble rye
AG
OnlyForNow said:

So... ya.

Maybe so but no one has to confirm it.
ChipFTAC01
AG
Yes, that's been bothering me all week. I don't think Drogon is even the size of a G5
RDV-1992
ChipFTAC01 said:

Yes, that's been bothering me all week. I don't think Drogon is even the size of a G5
I think that Drogon is several gigabytes. So yes, he is really large.
RDV-1992
Pam Poovey said:

OnlyForNow said:

So... ya.

Maybe so but no one has to confirm it.
On a serious note, this is the problem with spoilers. Someone says something to be clever or in the know. Then someone else responds. When I read this, I was wondering if Pam is upset about a potential real spoiler that was revealed, or cleverly trying to suggest that the spoiler relates to Arya or the faceless men.

I think that its better to either have a ridiculous response (like the Drogon is Drunk theory - BTW, to whoever did it thank you for my star), or no response.

If you've read all the spoilers, discuss it where ever you read them. Not here. Please.
marble rye
AG
I havent revealed or hinted. People can hardly read the thread as is now without rushing to post the same info or question over and over. I doubt they go that far reading into it.

Prosperdick
AG
Not really a throw back but I thought it was cool that Jaime could use his sword to block the double blades of that one Dothraki (that Dickon stabs in the back...insert joke here) precisely because he has an iron hand, which he learned could be an advantage when he blocked a Dornish soldier's sword a few seasons ago (in that awful subplot to rescue Myrcella).

Of course when he's sinking in the water he's going to have to jettison that hand quickly.
MW03
AG
Eliminatus said:

Even if she throws like a girl...
WestAustinAg
AG
TPS_Report said:

Completely disagree. The series is more focused...it needed to be more focused. It has meaning now. And let's remember that they are limited by contract to finish out the stories by the end of next season. Only a handful of episodes to progress the story forward from the cluttered nonsense of GRRM's books. It was just a rambling set of disasters for the good guys for 5+ seasons. Last years finale and, to a lesser extent, Snow's resurrection were the first wins for the people of character we have been witness to.

It's far more enjoyable and entertaining now.
plowboy1065
S
Pam Poovey said:

I havent revealed or hinted. People can hardly read the thread as is now without rushing to post the same info or question over and over. I doubt they go that far reading into it.

Did Dany get the gold?
CapCityAg89
AG
BowSowy said:

OnlyForNow said:

So... ya.
Yep, I've seen a couple of "predictions" posts that were every single major plot point from the leaks.

Which ones? Seriously - the events that have occurred on screen aren't spoilers any more so call out the posters.
Carl Underguard
AG
Disagree. I think at this point it's surviving on action sequences and the love of the chracters that was engendered during the first few seasons. Ask yourself why you would give a **** about Tyrion or Jamie or Jon anyone else dying based upon what has happened during the last two to three seasons. You wouldn't. They have had almost no character development. The characters are treading water and just being propelled forward by the plot. They're one dimensional. This went from a political drama to an action movie. The show is still good enough just based on the action sequences, but it's not what it was. It will never measure up to the great HBO shows. I enjoy it now in the same way I enjoyed 24.
Carl Underguard
AG
I have to mention that Martin is at fault for this, too, for not getting the books out on time. The showrunners are just doing what they have to do.
First Page Last Page
Page 131 of 206

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.