Game of Thrones - Season 7

1,144,959 Views | 7206 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Definitely Not A Cop
powerbelly
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
WestAustinAg said:

powerbelly51 said:

Farmer1906 said:

Please edit your post.
That has already been speculated on this thread.
So what. if it's true it's because hackers released the rest of the season story lines.

That's what I was getting at....too many theories on here are likely the leaked info. So let's stop.
If you are going to discuss anything about the show online, be prepared to accidentally stumble across spoilers.

Do you really want zero speculation on this thread? Because that is what you are asking for.
WestAustinAg
AG
powerbelly51 said:

WestAustinAg said:

powerbelly51 said:

Farmer1906 said:

Please edit your post.
So what. if it's true it's because hackers released the rest of the season story lines.

That's what I was getting at....too many theories on here are likely the leaked info. So let's stop.
If you are going to discuss anything about the show online, be prepared to accidentally stumble across spoilers.

Do you really want zero speculation on this thread? Because that is what you are asking for.
I think speculation that we ourselves who have no idea what's going to happen is good.

Outsider speculation from sources that have likely read the leaked docs is to be avoided.
smokeythebear
AG
Even if true, it is probably hard to come by much information about what kinds of poisons effect dragons. Furthermore, you'd think he would have included that in his sales pitch to Cersi. Certainly, it is possible, but Drogon is the size of a 747, how much poison do you think stays on the tip of that harpoon as it travels all the way to HighGarden and then gets shot through the air at 100+ mph. Logistically, it is possible, but doubtful it was enough to kill him.

Realistically, though I wouldn't be surprised to see it used as an excuse to keep the dragons out of the rest of the fights this season (probably blew their whole dragon budget in just this episode).

Edit: besides, Khal Drogo wasn't poisoned (at least not by the initial weapon). Also, it was one of his own people, not in battle. And he stepped into the blade out of arrogance, making the wound worse than it was initially. Perhaps there was a small nod to Drogo in the injury, but it's hardly a case of "history repeating itself".
WestAustinAg
AG
What are some of the better podcasts (online or otherwise) that discuss GOT in general (not looking for leaks of any sort)? I have some extra time this week and would love to listen to the latest. Thanks
powerbelly
AG
WestAustinAg said:

powerbelly51 said:

WestAustinAg said:

powerbelly51 said:

Farmer1906 said:

Please edit your post.

I think speculation that we ourselves who have no idea what's going to happen is good.

Outsider speculation from sources that have likely read the leaked docs is to be avoided.
So if someone makes the scorpion connection on there own, that is okay.

Which is exactly what happened earlier on the thread.
DannyDuberstein
AG
I'm assuming there will be plenty spoiled because there are plenty of aholes out there that like to pretend they are smarter than they are or just like to be jerks in general. That said, I don't think it's much to ask for people not to bring "my friend told me _____" stuff to this thread. Because for all we know, this friend is one of those aholes.

I'm not hung up on this particular speculation. Just saying in general that posting what your friend says happens is ripe for dropping spoilers into this thread.
MW03
AG
For the record, that weapon is a ballista and was used quite a bit by the Roman empire, Caesar chief among them in the wars against Gaul. The Romans called it a "scorpio" which we would call a "scorpion" in modern English. I wouldn't put too much stock in the naming construction here.
powerbelly
AG
MW03 said:

For the record, that weapon is a ballista and was used quite a bit by the Roman empire, Caesar chief among them in the wars against Gaul. The Romans called it a "scorpio" which we would call a "scorpion" in modern English. I wouldn't put too much stock in the naming construction here.
Yep.
RDV-1992
Maybe the harpoon they shot Drogon with was treated with powdered alcohol.

The alcohol goes straight to his bloodstream, getting him drunk.

He crashes in the ocean on the way home, drowning Danny.

Rheagon and Viseron don't believe his "firewater spear" story and eat him.

Jon takes control of the dragons.

????

Profit.
smokeythebear
AG
WestAustinAg said:

What are some of the better podcasts (online or otherwise) that discuss GOT in general (not looking for leaks of any sort)? I have some extra time this week and would love to listen to the latest. Thanks
I like Binge Mode by Mallory Rubio and Jason Conseption. They tie in a LOT from the books and give tons of extra history.
MandoArms
If you are so scared of spoilers why are you on this thread? I mean by your logic anyone's opinion on the show could ruin the next episode for you.
I just don't understand why you even open this thread if you are that worried about it.
BallerStaf2003
AG
DannyDuberstein said:

Farmer1906 said:

Please edit your post.
Seriously. Given all of the spoiler info floating around due to the leaks/hacks, it would be appreciated if folks wouldn't post "my friend told me..." crap out here when it comes to potential storylines. Not just related to this specific item, but in general for the rest of the way.

Wait are there leaks beyond what aired last episode?
powerbelly
AG
BrownCoat said:

Quote:

If you are so scared of spoilers why are you on this thread? I mean by your logic anyone's opinion on the show could ruin the next episode for you.

I just don't understand why you even open this thread if you are that worried about it.
I am not scared of spoilers. I fully acknowledge that reading about the show on the internet carries the risk of something being spoiled.
powerbelly
AG
BallerStaf2003 said:

DannyDuberstein said:

Farmer1906 said:

Please edit your post.
Seriously. Given all of the spoiler info floating around due to the leaks/hacks, it would be appreciated if folks wouldn't post "my friend told me..." crap out here when it comes to potential storylines. Not just related to this specific item, but in general for the rest of the way.

Major plots points from the entire season are out there. I haven't read them to check how accurate they have been so far.
MandoArms
Sorry didn't mean to quote you.
powerbelly
AG
BrownCoat said:

Sorry didn't mean to quote you.
I do agree with your premise. If someone is that afraid of spoilers they should avoid all GOT content not airing on HBO.
BallerStaf2003
AG
powerbelly51 said:

BallerStaf2003 said:

DannyDuberstein said:

Farmer1906 said:

Please edit your post.

Major plots points from the entire season are out there. I haven't read them to check how accurate they have been so far.

It's on i09. It's just a writers theory and nothing to do with spoilers or script leaks.
AcctAg11
AG
MW03 said:

They called it a Scorpion in this past episode.
ja86
AG
The name didn't have any association with poison though bolts could be poisoned I guess. Judging from the previews, it doesn't appear that Drogon is in any distress during Daenerys speech to the captives.
Carl Underguard
AG
I read spoilers from last year that have been correct on everything that has happened so far. Since then, I've refrained from speculation on this thread, except on things that were not in the spoilers.
canadiaggie
AG
BallerStaf2003 said:

DannyDuberstein said:

Farmer1906 said:

Please edit your post.

Yeah, someone leaked major plot points from the season. I checked on them after each episode and they hit on 99% of what was going on up to this episode. I haven't read ahead to spoil it for myself, but they were getting everything right and so I assume whatever they have for episodes 5, 6, and 7 are all correct too.
double aught
AG
Back to the Valerian swords. I remember Jaime giving his to Brienne. So I guess he took Joffrey's at some point after he died? That I don't remember.
OnlyForNow
AG
It was given to him by Cersi after Tommen died.
dcAg
Yes. Joffrey's was "Widow's Wail". Jaime kind of rolled his eyes when he mentioned it.

Also how many people would die trying to lube up the giant bolt with enough poison to kill a Dragon?

Guess what happens if Dany goes into battle with two or three dragons? Total and absolute destruction. Don't even need the Dothrakis.
nikator
AG
PatAg said:

redline248 said:

The Dog Lord said:

smokeythebear said:

bangobango said:

WestAustinAg said:

There are some far out there projections about how things are going to go down. I assume that a few of you have actually now read the online information about the rest of the season.

How many of you think that 1 or 2 or the bold prognosticators have actually read the plot lines and are setting themselves up for being correct?

I say 2 or 3 for sure.
If this **** about Bran being the Night King and/or Bran the Builder ends up correct, I am going to be pissed.
Bran the builder built the wall to protect men from the Night King. He can't be both.

Also, why would Bran being the Night King make any sense? How would that relation have anything to do with anything else?

It's a stretch to say it'd make sense, but in the books...

While on his way north, Bran Stark recalls stories told to the Stark children of Night's King and the Nightfort by Old Nan, servant in Winterfell. She said some people believe Night's King was a Bolton, a Magnar of Skagos, an Umber, a Flint, a Norrey, or a Woodfoot. However, she identifies Night's King as a Stark of Winterfell and brother to the King of Winter and suggests his name was Brandon.
In the books, isn't the Night's King differen than in the show? Like, he was a Lord Commander of the Night's Watch, and not necessarily a white walker? I don't really remember.

By the way, not really sure why we are spoiler-tagging this stuff.
I want to say the Lord Commander is one of their urban legends in the book. Haven't reread in a while
There are a lot of Starks named Brandon through history

Bran the Builder, the legendary first King of Winter and builder of Winterfell and the Wall
Brandon Stark (son of Bran the Builder), who might have designed the Hightower
Brandon Stark (Breaker), a king known as Brandon the Breaker who defeated the Night's King
Brandon Stark (Shipwright), a king known as Brandon the Shipwright lost sailing the Sunset Sea
Brandon Stark (Burner), a king known as Brandon the Burner who burned the northern ships
Brandon Stark (Ice Eyes), a king known as Brandon Ice Eyes who defeated slavers
Brandon Stark (Bad), a king known as Brandon the Bad
Brandon IX Stark, a king whom stopped Skagosi raids on the Bay of Seals
Brandon Stark (son of Bennard), second son of Bennard Stark
Brandon Stark (son of Cregan), fifth son of Cregan Stark, a Lord of Winterfell
Brandon Stark (the daughterless), a Lord of Winterfell in the legend of Bael the Bard
Brandon Stark (son of Willam), a child that Old Nan came to Winterfell to nurse after his mother died birthing him
Brandon Stark (son of Artos), a twin son of Artos the Implacable
Brandon Stark, the eldest son of Lord Rickard Stark burned by the night king

---------------

"A man without a belly is like a house without a balcony"
- Old Turkish saying
The Debt
You dip the spear into the poison.

Did you know gorillas peal the banana from the bottom?
powerbelly
AG
dcAg said:

Also how many people would die trying to lube up the giant bolt with enough poison to kill a Dragon?
Zero
FightinTexasAg15
AG
smokeythebear said:

WestAustinAg said:

I like Binge Mode by Mallory Rubio and Jason Conseption. They tie in a LOT from the books and give tons of extra history.

Binge mode one is good and so is game of thrones the podcast by bald move
benchmark
AG
Just because it is named Scorpion doesn't suggest a poisoned tip. After all, a scorpion stings but it doesn't kill you... just saying...
No Bat Soup For You
AG
benchmark said:

Just because it is named Scorpion doesn't suggest a poisoned tip. After all, a scorpion stings but it doesn't kill you... just saying...

There's plenty of scorpion species that will you.
benchmark
AG
hennyj15 said:

benchmark said:

From scorpion world: Only about 25 of the 1,500 known species of scorpions can deliver stings that are fatal to humans. And most of these potentially lethal scorpions can't kill healthy adults, although their neurotoxins can cause such troubling symptoms as convulsions and shortness of breath

So I guess I should have said "The vast majority of stings won't kill you"
Goldie Wilson
benchmark said:

hennyj15 said:

benchmark said:

From scorpion world: Only about 25 of the 1,500 known species of scorpions can deliver stings that are fatal to humans. And most of these potentially lethal scorpions can't kill healthy adults, although their neurotoxins can cause such troubling symptoms as convulsions and shortness of breath

So this thread has officially reached that point in the week
benchmark
AG
Dan 07 said:

benchmark said:

hennyj15 said:

benchmark said:

So this thread has officially reached that point in the week
No, I think it was reached several pages back...where's the gold....
Deputy Travis Junior
A look at some of the military action in GoT. Are they reading too much into it? Yes of course. But still some good content to move us closer to Sunday night.

https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2017/08/getting-medieval-a-military-analysis-of-game-of-thrones-westeros-war/

"In fact things have gone so wrong, so fast that I thought it might be time to convene the Ars Technica Board of Fictional Military Historic Analysiswith its charter members, Jon Nichols and Steve Skaggs, two special operations professionals now in the private sectorin order to dive in on the biggest blunders and curious command decisions from both sides.

"If I were the commander here," said Nichols, "I would definitely be firing the intel team." The alleged master spy of master spies, Varys (aka "the Spider"), somehow did not have enough of an intelligence network in place to inform the command staff that:

-Casterly Rock had been mined of all its gold, with all its food stores being moved to the capital. The value of the Lannisters' home base was of minimal strategic value.
-The bulk of the Lannister forces, reinforced by the turncoat Tarlys, had left Casterly Rock to strike at the Tyrells at Highgarden. This huge movement of troops over a long distance would have required significant logistic support and should have drawn local attention."
Deputy Travis Junior
"but Drogon is the size of a 747"

So there's no reason for me to nitpick here but it's the internet where everyone's supposed to be pointlessly argumentative so I'm gonna do it anyway.

A 747, depending on the layout, can hold 4-600 people. That dwarfs drogon.
First Page Last Page
Page 130 of 206

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.