Game of Thrones - Season 7

1,143,614 Views | 7206 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Definitely Not A Cop
MaroonStain
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
See I was thinking Ser Allister something or another...
JuliusCaesarAggie
MaroonStain said:

Ser Allister was last seen hanging around Castle Black
thann07
AG
Ranger222 said:

Heard this theory the other day on the Bald Moves podcast and thought "oh ****" --

Did anyone notice that Drogon was injured in the same way that Khal Drogo, his namesake, was injured? In the right shoulder. Could Drogon's injury fester in the same way that Drogo's did, leading to his demise? Would be one way for a dragon to go down this season.

I wondered about this too, but the show creator in the "special features" said something that made me think otherwise. He said that the arrow was like a wake up call that Danny and the dragons will have to be aware of moving forward. That wouldn't seem to me to be something that makes the dragon's life in danger.

We'll see though. It would suck for the dragon to have been poisoned from this.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
JuliusCaesarAggie said:

MaroonStain said:

Something was done here.
MaroonStain
AG
Hanging around...check check check...

double aught
AG
JuliusCaesarAggie said:

MaroonStain said:

I'm sure everyone knows I'm still hanging around Castle Black a little bit.
The Dog Lord
AG
smokeythebear said:

bangobango said:

WestAustinAg said:

There are some far out there projections about how things are going to go down. I assume that a few of you have actually now read the online information about the rest of the season.

How many of you think that 1 or 2 or the bold prognosticators have actually read the plot lines and are setting themselves up for being correct?

I say 2 or 3 for sure.
If this **** about Bran being the Night King and/or Bran the Builder ends up correct, I am going to be pissed.
Bran the builder built the wall to protect men from the Night King. He can't be both.

Also, why would Bran being the Night King make any sense? How would that relation have anything to do with anything else?

It's a stretch to say it'd make sense, but in the books...

While on his way north, Bran Stark recalls stories told to the Stark children of Night's King and the Nightfort by Old Nan, servant in Winterfell. She said some people believe Night's King was a Bolton, a Magnar of Skagos, an Umber, a Flint, a Norrey, or a Woodfoot. However, she identifies Night's King as a Stark of Winterfell and brother to the King of Winter and suggests his name was Brandon.
bangobango
AG
PatAg said:

bangobango said:

PatAg said:

What gold in the cart?
If you are referring to when Bronn gets his sack of gold, they were still outside Highgarden. Then, in the scene immediately prior to the dragon, we hear a report saying all the gold has been delivered. The only told you see after that is when Bronns horse eats it.

You snarky sack of ****

You need some valium or something. You are by far and consistently for years, one if the most miserable poster on this website.
Pointing out extremely obvious things from a 50 minute tv show means I need valium, got it. The fact that you managed to graduate from college, but can't follow a simple timeline, is pretty sad.

I said you needed a valium because you're a huge ******** on texags, not because you pointed anything out in the show.
PatAg
AG
Let's just get back on topic and stop detailing the thread.
You can send me messages I'll never read if it makes you feel better.
PatAg
AG
MW03 said:

Someone remind me what Sam did with the valerian blade he stole from his old man. Is he using it to open up letters or what?

Good question. I guess he was just doing to thumb his nose at at his jerk dad, but I would have also expected his dad to do something about it. Figure it has to show back up at some point
gougler08
AG
PatAg said:

Let's just get back on topic and stop detailing the thread.
You can send me messages I'll never read if it makes you feel better.

I think you just made his point
redline248
AG
The Dog Lord said:

smokeythebear said:

bangobango said:

WestAustinAg said:

There are some far out there projections about how things are going to go down. I assume that a few of you have actually now read the online information about the rest of the season.

How many of you think that 1 or 2 or the bold prognosticators have actually read the plot lines and are setting themselves up for being correct?

I say 2 or 3 for sure.
If this **** about Bran being the Night King and/or Bran the Builder ends up correct, I am going to be pissed.
Bran the builder built the wall to protect men from the Night King. He can't be both.

Also, why would Bran being the Night King make any sense? How would that relation have anything to do with anything else?

While on his way north, Bran Stark recalls stories told to the Stark children of Night's King and the Nightfort by Old Nan, servant in Winterfell. She said some people believe Night's King was a Bolton, a Magnar of Skagos, an Umber, a Flint, a Norrey, or a Woodfoot. However, she identifies Night's King as a Stark of Winterfell and brother to the King of Winter and suggests his name was Brandon.
In the books, isn't the Night's King differen than in the show? Like, he was a Lord Commander of the Night's Watch, and not necessarily a white walker? I don't really remember.

By the way, not really sure why we are spoiler-tagging this stuff.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
Well in the books, we actually haven't had an actual first hand account with white walkers, other than Sam, right? The Night King hasn't been seen, just purely an urban legend at this point.
PatAg
AG
redline248 said:

The Dog Lord said:

smokeythebear said:

bangobango said:

WestAustinAg said:

I say 2 or 3 for sure.

In the books, isn't the Night's King differen than in the show? Like, he was a Lord Commander of the Night's Watch, and not necessarily a white walker? I don't really remember.

By the way, not really sure why we are spoiler-tagging this stuff.
I want to say the Lord Commander is one of their urban legends in the book. Haven't reread in a while
Rocagnante
AG
WestAustinAg said:

I say 2 or 3 for sure.

I swear I haven't read the online information, but my valerian gold theory is pretty obvious if you've paid attention. The dots are all right there to connect....
Btron
AG
thann07 said:

Ranger222 said:

Heard this theory the other day on the Bald Moves podcast and thought "oh ****" --

Did anyone notice that Drogon was injured in the same way that Khal Drogo, his namesake, was injured? In the right shoulder. Could Drogon's injury fester in the same way that Drogo's did, leading to his demise? Would be one way for a dragon to go down this season.

I wondered about this too, but the show creator in the "special features" said something that made me think otherwise. He said that the arrow was like a wake up call that Danny and the dragons will have to be aware of moving forward. That wouldn't seem to me to be something that makes the dragon's life in danger.

I'm pretty sure Khal got injured on HIS left shoulder
titanmaster_race
[sp]In the books: he was the 13th Lord commander of the NW. It was said that he fell in love with a woman pale and cold as ice with blue eyes. He made her his queen and they ruled from the Nightfort (one of the castles on the wall). It took an alliance between the king in the north and the king beyond the wall to bring him down. They discovered he had been making sacrifices to the Others[/sp]

I really like that mythology.
trm94
AG
I've really enjoyed this thread. Especially the dragon steering, and fire breathing dog discussion. I have to pause every Sunday though until I get a chance to watch, usually on Monday or Tuesday. Don't have HBO, and watch from hotels on the road
The Debt
This theory doesn't make sense. This means there were 13 Lord Commanders of the nightswatch...watching something, and the 13th one becomes the first WW. (And yes, the vision bran saw of the first WW via COTF is confirmed as the Night King himself.)

Why would there be a nights watch before WWs?
Itsalwayssunnyinwesteros
10Aggie10
AG
The Night King and the Night's King are two separate beings. The former is a creation of the HBO show and is the leader of the White Walkers; the latter was the 13th commander of the Night's Watch (and the only one to crown himself king, thus the name).

The Night's King was killed by the joint forces of Joramun (the king beyond the wall) and the king in the north (possibly his own brother). It was because of his actions that all of the castles on the Wall have no southern defenses/walls. His name and history were stricken from the books and it was forbidden to even speak of him, so not much else is known since many years have passed and hundreds of lord commandeers have come and gone.
Tree Hugger
AG
Btron said:

thann07 said:

Ranger222 said:

I'm pretty sure Khal got injured on HIS left shoulder
Left boob actually:

FightinTexasAg15
AG
GoneGirl
AG
hennyj15 said:

KidDoc said:

DannyDuberstein said:

Dont let a witch treat the wound with horse turds, hay, and saliva.
Wait you mean all natural treatments are not effective?! Blasphemy!

You should listen to the British History Podcast's episodes on Anglo Saxon medicine. They've done studies and horse dung actually is effective at treating wounds.

Maybe it was the saliva that did Drogo in.
And the fact that the woman wasn't actually trying to heal him. She wanted him to die suffering.
MandoArms
http://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/news/fans-spotted-something-creepy-as-hell-in-a-scene-from-game-of-thrones/ar-AApN6y7?li=BBmkt5R&ocid=ientp

This popped up on my news feed...not sure if it is really a ghost? Maybe fans just really want to see Lady Stone Heart...
GoneGirl
AG
Sasappis said:

Who alive actually knows who he is? Arya, the red lady and davos?

I guess little finger and varys know of his existence but using those two to reintroduce him would be a stretch.

Davos and arya seem like the only two likely to interact with him.
Cersi does. That's why she sent the Lannister guards out to capture him.
redline248
AG
that's just silly
GoneGirl
AG
FightinTexasAg15 said:

dcAg said:

There are roughly 17 items made of Valyrian steel noted through season 6. Seems like a lot to me for something that is so rare.
The only ones we have seen in the show are

• Ice (then reforged into widows wail and oathkeeper)
  • Longclaw (Jon's sword)
  • Heartsbane (The tarly sword)
  • The dagger

I believe that is all the ones we know about that people still have.

So you think that 5-6 of these Valyrian weapons in ALL of Westeros is a lot?
Known weapons and their current possessors
[url=/revision/latest?cb=20130120070458][[/url]According to legend, Valyrian steel was forged with spells and dragonfire.

Lost Valyrian steel weapons
aggie93
AG
FightinTexasAg15 said:

This is awesome.
Teddy Perkins
AG
Stolen from Reddit.

smokeythebear
AG
That's very cool, thanks for the info!

Anyone else bothered by Randall Tarly glossing over the loss of Heartsbane right as he goes into military combat? I mean, I get that he may not have had time to chase Sam (assuming the timing was an issue) but you'd think he would have at least sent Dickon after Sam to get the sword back. Makes very little sense not to use a weapon of that caliber when taking HighGarden.

Also, guess I never realized that Ned was executed with his own family sword. That's brutal...
redline248
AG
Heartsbane, like Ice, is a great sword. It's probably impractical to fight with it unless you are the size of the mountain, as well as being too valuable to risk losing to a random soldier if you happen to be killed.
smokeythebear
AG
I suppose you are right about the first point, but don't Jamie, Brienne, and Jon fight with theirs? I guess none of those are THEIR ancestral swords so they don't mind as much if they get lost in battle.
wangus12
AG
smokeythebear said:

I suppose you are right about the first point, but don't Jamie, Brienne, and Jon fight with theirs? I guess none of those are THEIR ancestral swords so they don't mind as much if they get lost in battle.
All three of those swords are much smaller than a greatsword like Ice or Heartsbane. There is a reason they were able to create 2 smaller swords when Ice was melted down and reforged. Longclaw is a ******* sword and is also smaller.

All 3 are much more practical for open combat
powerbelly
AG
smokeythebear said:

Greatsword as in the size of the sword, not the prestige
First Page Last Page
Page 128 of 206

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.