Game of Thrones - Season 7

1,143,822 Views | 7206 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Definitely Not A Cop
smokeythebear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
TheEyeGuy said:

ham98 said:

TheEyeGuy said:

WestAustinAg said:

jenn96 said:

Her first battle against massed infantry. She figured it out pretty quickly.

Maybe she wanted the "Oh Fuuuuuuuck" factor of a head-on dragon attack on the first drive.
As did Drogon. He figured out how to fire on command and to hit exactly what area his rider Queen commanded. That's hard enough to do with a dog much less a dragon.
You have a dog that breathes fire?
You don't? I thought that was pretty much the reason people had dogs.
Also, between the choice of having a cat or a dog, the dog won out as I try to stay away from inherently evil beings.
A cat that breathes fire would surely be the worst kind of pet in the world. Those ****ers are sooo moody.
Ranger222
AG
Heard this theory the other day on the Bald Moves podcast and thought "oh ****" --

Did anyone notice that Drogon was injured in the same way that Khal Drogo, his namesake, was injured? In the right shoulder. Could Drogon's injury fester in the same way that Drogo's did, leading to his demise? Would be one way for a dragon to go down this season.
bangobango
AG
WestAustinAg said:

There are some far out there projections about how things are going to go down. I assume that a few of you have actually now read the online information about the rest of the season.

How many of you think that 1 or 2 or the bold prognosticators have actually read the plot lines and are setting themselves up for being correct?

I say 2 or 3 for sure.
If this **** about Bran being the Night King and/or Bran the Builder ends up correct, I am going to be pissed.
Icecream_Ag
S
ham98 said:

TheEyeGuy said:

WestAustinAg said:

jenn96 said:

Maybe she wanted the "Oh Fuuuuuuuck" factor of a head-on dragon attack on the first drive.
As did Drogon. He figured out how to fire on command and to hit exactly what area his rider Queen commanded. That's hard enough to do with a dog much less a dragon.
You have a dog that breathes fire?
You don't? I thought that was pretty much the reason people had dogs.
mine always shot lightning bolts from their arse
G Martin 87
AG
It's a simple rule, dammit. College graduates, particularly from a highly ranked school like A&M, should have learned this already.

http://www.quickanddirtytips.com/education/grammar/less-versus-fewer
smokeythebear
AG
bangobango said:

WestAustinAg said:

There are some far out there projections about how things are going to go down. I assume that a few of you have actually now read the online information about the rest of the season.

How many of you think that 1 or 2 or the bold prognosticators have actually read the plot lines and are setting themselves up for being correct?

I say 2 or 3 for sure.
If this **** about Bran being the Night King and/or Bran the Builder ends up correct, I am going to be pissed.
Bran the builder built the wall to protect men from the Night King. He can't be both.

Also, why would Bran being the Night King make any sense? How would that relation have anything to do with anything else?
redline248
AG
Ranger222 said:

Heard this theory the other day on the Bald Moves podcast and thought "oh ****" --

Did anyone notice that Drogon was injured in the same way that Khal Drogo, his namesake, was injured? In the right shoulder. Could Drogon's injury fester in the same way that Drogo's did, leading to his demise? Would be one way for a dragon to go down this season.

He didn't die from that cut, he got worse bc the witch did something to infect the wound, then convinced Dany to let her do some voodoo.
PatAg
AG
bangobango said:

PatAg said:

What gold in the cart?
If you are referring to when Bronn gets his sack of gold, they were still outside Highgarden. Then, in the scene immediately prior to the dragon, we hear a report saying all the gold has been delivered. The only told you see after that is when Bronns horse eats it.

You snarky sack of ****

You need some valium or something. You are by far and consistently for years, one if the most miserable poster on this website.
Pointing out extremely obvious things from a 50 minute tv show means I need valium, got it. The fact that you managed to graduate from college, but can't follow a simple timeline, is pretty sad.
BJM1781
AG
There's a theory floating around that Drogo actually died from Syphilis, which is also why Dany is infertile. I believe it's called "Cockrot" in Essos.
DannyDuberstein
AG
PatAg said:

bangobango said:

PatAg said:

What gold in the cart?
If you are referring to when Bronn gets his sack of gold, they were still outside Highgarden. Then, in the scene immediately prior to the dragon, we hear a report saying all the gold has been delivered. The only told you see after that is when Bronns horse eats it.

You snarky sack of ****

You need some valium or something. You are by far and consistently for years, one if the most miserable poster on this website.
Pointing out extremely obvious things from a 50 minute tv show means I need valium, got it. The fact that you managed to graduate from college, but can't follow a simple timeline, is pretty sad.
Just an observation but perhaps it was calling someone a sack of **** that drew the comment, not the summary. And the poster you are insulting now isn't even the same poster you were insulting before. I don't have a dog in this fight, but just an observation from the cheap seats.
trip
AG
We are getting to the point in the week where we talk about dragon stearing.
Joseph Parrish
AG
trip said:

More like the lack of targeting actual soldiers and focusing on inanimate objects.
Bodie Broadus
But I mean.... Did the gold make it through?
BJM1781
AG
And what about Randall Tarly! Where's PAPA TARLY, STRING???
smokeythebear
AG
trip said:

But for real, in LOTR why didn't they steer the elephants to strafe along the front line instead of plowing through it?
redline248
AG
Because they could charge through and break the enemy line AND rake side to side to clear huge swaths and provide open flanks.
Joseph Parrish
AG

Perfectly lined up.
Joseph Parrish
AG
And don't tell me they came from a different angle...

MaroonStain
AG
I would ask politely for the dumb posters to gravitate to the TV only thread but we all well know what the village idiot does on the intrawebs...
Joseph Parrish
AG
Wouldn't make for much of a battle scene if 95% of the army was wiped out in one pass by Drogon though...
Joseph Parrish
AG
MaroonStain said:

I would ask politely for the dumb posters to gravitate to the TV only thread but we all well know what the village idiot does on the intrawebs...

Not much point in having a TV only thread when GRRM hasn't written this part yet.
MW03
AG
Someone remind me what Sam did with the valerian blade he stole from his old man. Is he using it to open up letters or what?
MaroonStain
AG
It's MY WORLD dammit!!11!!!1
Joseph Parrish
AG
MW03 said:

Someone remind me what Sam did with the valerian blade he stole from his old man. Is he using it to open up letters or what?
Still has it as far as we know.
PMD03
AG
smokeythebear said:

bangobango said:

WestAustinAg said:

I say 2 or 3 for sure.
Bran the builder built the wall to protect men from the Night King. He can't be both.

Also, why would Bran being the Night King make any sense? How would that relation have anything to do with anything else?
It would make Jaime the Kingslayer, Kingcrippler, and potential Queenslayer. That's a neat set of titles second only to Dany's paragraph of titles. The two of them being introduced to other characters could fill half of A Dream of Spring.
smokeythebear
AG
PMD03 said:

smokeythebear said:

bangobango said:

WestAustinAg said:

I say 2 or 3 for sure.

It would make Jaime the Kingslayer, Kingcrippler, and potential Queenslayer. That's a neat set of titles second only to Dany's paragraph of titles. The two of them being introduced to other characters could fill half of A Dream of Spring.
Well there's one more reason why the Knight King can't be Bran, he isn't crippled...
TheVarian
AG
WHAT ABOUT THE GOLD IN THE CART?!?!
Icecream_Ag
S
TheVarian said:

WHAT ABOUT THE GOLD IN THE CART?!?!
stolen by the bwb and hound
RDV-1992
WestAustinAg said:

jenn96 said:

If my dog was Drogon sized Austin would be doomed. Or I'd need to focus more on training her and less on laughing when she destroys stuff.
The Debt
Dragons are suppose to be the most intelligent creature in westeros. So I wouldn't be shocked if it knew how to differentiate between friendlies and enemies. It sees dothraki around its mother and it sees idiots in red armor carrying weapons.

My dog knows who is and isn't a stranger, and will be aggressive toward the former.
BoneBoy
AG
Nevermind. Misread previous post.
MaroonStain
AG
I thought Strong Belwas had a Valyrian sword but maybe only in the books...maybe...
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
MaroonStain said:

I thought Strong Belwas had a Valyrian sword but maybe only in the books...maybe...

Strong Belwas is only in the books.
MaroonStain
AG
Who was the old guy that got killed when he and Grey Worm were attacked by the Harpies? I get him mixed up with Strong Belwas. Also didn't he rat on Jorah Mormont?
M.C. Swag
AG
That was Barristan Selmy, former Kingsguard. Separate character.
First Page Last Page
Page 127 of 206

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.