Game of Thrones - Season 7

1,143,987 Views | 7206 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Definitely Not A Cop
bangobango
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Such a great scene.
bangobango
AG
SpreadsheetAg said:

titanmaster_race said:

I feel bad for the man who is the Night King. Captured by some little forest gnomes who shoved dragonglass into his heart and destined him to be the ultimate bad guy for all time.
Could the night king be Bran? We have no backstory on the guy other than the children stabbed him with a shard to creat him... in a weird time paradox, Bran goes back and gets stuck, knowing he must stop this war. The children find him (like when the NK touched him when he was dreamseeing before) and turn him. Now he's been waiting and gathering his dead army so he can stop .... himself, from making the mistake of going back and getting stuck...?

No. We saw the guy. Definitely not Bran.
wangus12
AG
Goose06
AG
How the **** is someone with a job (and 3 kids) supposed to keep up with this thread?! I was caught up this morning and now 12 more pages today?!
Joseph Parrish
AG
Goose06 said:

How the **** is someone with a job (and 3 kids) supposed to keep up with this thread?! I was caught up this morning and now 12 more pages today?!

'Will they bang?'
'Yes'
'No'
'Yes'
'No'
'Yes'
'No'

...now you're caught up.
ashleyschaeffer
Joseph Parrish said:

Goose06 said:

'Will they bang?'
'Yes'
'No'
'Yes'
'No'
'Yes'
'No'

...now you're caught up.

Pattern power!!!!
The Debt
bangobango said:

SpreadsheetAg said:

titanmaster_race said:

I feel bad for the man who is the Night King. Captured by some little forest gnomes who shoved dragonglass into his heart and destined him to be the ultimate bad guy for all time.
Could the night king be Bran? We have no backstory on the guy other than the children stabbed him with a shard to creat him... in a weird time paradox, Bran goes back and gets stuck, knowing he must stop this war. The children find him (like when the NK touched him when he was dreamseeing before) and turn him. Now he's been waiting and gathering his dead army so he can stop .... himself, from making the mistake of going back and getting stuck...?

So when the Three Eyed Raven was asleep and Bran looked to see the army of the dead....Bran touched himself and all hell broke loose.
redline248
AG
Well, he went into the past and mind f-cked a memory, so...why not?
Deputy Travis Junior
So kinda cool, but totally random parallel. Today at work I was reading wikipedia articles on warfare (exactly as you're supposed to at work, right?) and I clicked through to the article on combined arms. The intro read:

Quote:

Combined arms is an approach to warfare which seeks to integrate different combat arms of a military to achieve mutually complementary effects (for example, using infantry and armor in an urban environment, where one supports the other, or both support each other).According to strategist William S. Lind, combined arms can be distinguished from the concept of "supporting arms" as follows:

Combined arms hits the enemy with two or more arms simultaneously in such a manner that the actions he must take to defend himself from one make him more vulnerable to another. In contrast, supporting arms is hitting the enemy with two or more arms in sequence, or if simultaneously, then in such combination that the actions the enemy must take to defend himself from one also defends himself from the other(s)
It had this as the exemplar picture:
EDIT: I don't think Texags likes the funky characters in the URL, so just look at the pic here:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Combined_arms

Which to me, looked a hell of a lot like this:

This was clearly an example of the effectiveness of the combined arms tactic. To defend against the cavalry charge, the infantry packed in as close together as possible, which made them far more vulnerable to Drogon's fire breath.

So there you have it. Military strategy at play in GoT.
The Dog Lord
AG
redline248 said:

Quote:

Anyways, to someone else's point about the dagger, I find it too convenient that now Arya owns Littlefinger's dagger and she very well could soon own his face. That would gain her quite a lot of high-profile access across Westeros and the ability to knock off a few more names from her list.
Slightly unrelated to your overall post, but I wonder if when Jon eventually gets back to Winterfell, and Arya hears about the white walkers, what will she do? For example, we had in this episode a decision point with Bronn, go get his money and run, or stay in the fight? Will we see a similar point for Arya - continue on her path of revenge, or let go of that and fight for the larger cause? After all, aren't most of her list dead by means other than her?

Maybe Arya does both. She could be sent to deal with Cersei which would help Dany and crew end that part of the war and avoid casualties from within King's Landing if everyone says "screw it" once Cersei is dead and just surrenders to Dany.
MBAR
AG
swc93 said:

Bran is basically Google now.
You mean he's the Treenternet
MBAR
AG
Ragoo said:

only beef i had with the last episode. you give me a epic battle with many big player characters and not one shocking death? GRRM would have had tyrion killed standing there watching just because.
Lets revist the deaths though. Did GRRM really do them just because? If this is a song of ice and fire, aka Jon and Dany, then he HAD to kill off the people he did in the first 3 books in order to facilitate Jon's rise to power. We lost a lot of characters we cared about back then, but now that we've gotten to this point there was a very obvious reason for it.

I think we'll see more major characters we care about die but I would be utterly shocked if any more Starks die or anyone we really care about. Secondary characters sure, but the Stark Kids, Jon, Dany, and Tyerion will all make it, IMO.
TheVarian
AG
Also...

Did the gold make it?

Yes.
Yes.
Yes.
DONT YOU GUYS PAY ATTENTION?!?!?
Yes.

Then...
What was that gold doing in the cart?

Collective shrug
G Martin 87
AG
MBAR said:

swc93 said:

Bran is basically Google now.
You mean he's the Treenternet
If you type "Bran" into Bran, you can destroy the Internet.
Trident 88
AG
In the Marines, we called that "putting the enemy on the horns of a dilemma".

The instructors at TBS used this phrase so often that it was drilled into our brains, but being smart-ass lieutenants going stir crazy from months of classroom time, we changed it to "the horns of a llama".
BallerStaf2003
AG
I still can't get over how awesome that episode was.
PatAg
AG
What gold in the cart?
If you are referring to when Bronn gets his sack of gold, they were still outside Highgarden. Then, in the scene immediately prior to the dragon, we hear a report saying all the gold has been delivered. The only told you see after that is when Bronns horse eats it.

You snarky sack of ****
OnlyForNow
AG
It seems some of y'all have wild imaginations, are really good guessers, or like to spoil stuff.

At least the debate on whether or not the gold got to KL is over.

LF and his relationship with the Iron Bank and visa-via the Faceless Men may be interesting.
Farmer1906
AG
The gold never makes it to Bravos. The iron bank gets it and a grayjoy ship takes it and it's pinned on Dany's navy.
FightinTexasAg15
AG
Dedicated stunt men being fire blasted last episode

*keep an eye on the guy on the far left*
aggie93
AG
bangobango said:

SpreadsheetAg said:

titanmaster_race said:

Certainly it isn't Bran from this show and it isn't Bran the Builder either. Bran the Builder built The Wall to keep the WW out during the Age of Heroes.
TheVarian
AG
Bregxit
AG
OnlyForNow said:

It seems some of y'all have wild imaginations, are really good guessers, or like to spoil stuff.

Yeah it is pretty fun reading some of the "ideas" on this thread and then finding them verbatim on common spoiler/theory sites.
BowSowy
AG
dlance said:

OnlyForNow said:

Yeah it is pretty fun reading some of the "ideas" on this thread and then finding them verbatim on common spoiler/theory sites.
Saw one back there which was every major event from the spoilers earlier this year.
redline248
AG
TheVarian said:

Also...

Did the gold make it?

Yes.
Yes.
Yes.
DONT YOU GUYS PAY ATTENTION?!?!?
Yes.

Then...
What was that gold doing in the cart?

Collective shrug facepalm
FIFY.
Sapper Redux
MBAR said:

Ragoo said:

only beef i had with the last episode. you give me a epic battle with many big player characters and not one shocking death? GRRM would have had tyrion killed standing there watching just because.
Lets revist the deaths though. Did GRRM really do them just because? If this is a song of ice and fire, aka Jon and Dany, then he HAD to kill off the people he did in the first 3 books in order to facilitate Jon's rise to power. We lost a lot of characters we cared about back then, but now that we've gotten to this point there was a very obvious reason for it.

I think we'll see more major characters we care about die but I would be utterly shocked if any more Starks die or anyone we really care about. Secondary characters sure, but the Stark Kids, Jon, Dany, and Tyerion will all make it, IMO.

I've got to imagine at least one more Stark kid eats it. My money is one between Sansa and Arya.
gougler08
AG
FightinTexasAg15 said:

That job would be awesome and suck so much at the same time
Streetfighter 02
AG
GoneGirl
AG
Vito said:

Hickory High said:

I don't really know how Jamie is going to survive the water.

• Jamie is wearing a huge set of armor, has a heavy brass hand, and should have been knocked out by that blast, so he can't save could himself
  • Bron could possibly be knocked out as well, but even if he's not, I highly doubt he could pull Jamie out by himself
  • None of the Dothraki can swim, so Dany can't have one of them save him
  • Tyrian is too far away and definitely not strong enough
  • I doubt Drogon could go that deep in the water and grab him

If Glenn could survive trapped underneath a dumpster surrounded by hungry walkers, Jamie will survive this.
POTD
OregonAggie
AG
Dr. Watson said:

I've got to imagine at least one more Stark kid eats it. My money is one between Sansa and Arya.

I feel like Arya is going to die eventually and I'm pretty sure it'll be at the hands of the faceless man.
wangus12
AG
FightinTexasAg15 said:

Bet he doesn't live that down
Hickory High
AG
OregonAggie said:

Dr. Watson said:

I feel like Arya is going to die eventually and I'm pretty sure it'll be at the hands of the faceless man.
I could see this. Her arrogance in only using the assassin abilities she learned from him for her own purposes won't fly with the faceless man for too long.
Joseph Parrish
AG
Hickory High said:

OregonAggie said:

Dr. Watson said:

I could see this. Her arrogance in only using the assassin abilities she learned from him for her own purposes won't fly with the faceless man for too long.
I'll bet we never see the faceless men again. I think they were only there to make Arya a badass. They've served their part. Not sure where they fit in with defeating the WW to re-enter the series with so few episodes left.
smokeythebear
AG
Joseph Parrish said:

Hickory High said:

OregonAggie said:

Dr. Watson said:

I'll bet we never see the faceless men again. I think they were only there to make Arya a badass. They've served their part. Not sure where they fit in with defeating the WW to re-enter the series with so few episodes left.
I got the feeling she left on acceptable terms. I don't expect them to be coming after her.
Hickory High
AG
Unless it starts costing The Iron Bank money
First Page Last Page
Page 122 of 206

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.