Game of Thrones - Season 7

1,124,474 Views | 7206 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Definitely Not A Cop
YellowPot_97
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
bangobango said:

Anybody else think Bran was really asking if Littlefinger knew who the original owner of the dagger was? Like there is some history to it that will be revealed maybe down the road?
the dagger was in the book Sam was reading in Old Town, so it has some type of history
plowboy1065
S
knoxtom said:

The dragon will pull out Jaime.

I think in the preview Danny was making jaime bend a knee, not Jon. Remember jaime kills cersei eventually

That's a theory and has many others to go along with it
AGeng25
AG
Jaime has to live. Someone has to transport the knowledge of Olynna Tyrell killing Joffrey
AggieEE
AG
Maybe they can only move during a full moon or something?
FTAG 2000
AG
BowSowy said:

Ranger222 said:

My guess is that Dany is going to get oh so close to Cersi and KL....right before they have to face the NK. The previews for next week seem to indicate that the battle will now shift north to east watch. Their may be no resolution to the war of the 7 kingdoms before the NK was to be dealt with.
That was the most interesting part of the preview. I figured Jon was going to be stuck at Dragonstone for a while, but he's clearly back in the North in the next episode.
I only recall them showing him in the strategy room with the map at Dragonstone.
hunter2012
AG
book reader question on the dagger, real book spoiler below so beware...

from what I remember Joffrey sent the dagger and Tyrion figured it out at the purple wedding right? I don't see wht that's relevant in the show unless if someone else sent it
The Debt
AGeng25 said:

Jaime has to live. Someone has to transport the knowledge of Olynna Tyrell killing Joffrey

Takes the pressure off baelish
Jason_Ag98
AG
You have to hand it to the Lannister army - they held their lines in the face of a Dothraki horde and a giant fire-breathing dragon that was burning their comrades alive.
annie88
AG
I swear to God Jon better not have taken the knee in that cave. They cut away too fast. I will be so pissed if he did. Meanwhile the Dragon stuff tonight was ****ing awesome.
SpreadsheetAg
AG
For Hunter2012
SpreadsheetAg said:

Dammit, I just wrote out a long piece about the book's version of the catspaw and lost it all...

Basically:
--The unnamed dagger is described as plain with a smooth dragonbone hilt
--Littlefinger had the dagger originally
--LF lost it to Robert in a bet (but Robert was really drunk)
--Catelyn brought it to Kings Landing after the catspaw made his attempt
--LF told Catelyn he lost the dagger to Tyrion to frame Tyrion

--Catelyn gave it to Ned and took off for home, but encountered Tyrion along the way and brought him to the Eyrie for "justice"
--Tyrion denied ever owning it
--LF took the dagger back from Ned when Ned was arrested at KL
--When Tyrion became Hand, he wanted to confront LF about the dagger that almost got him killed
--When Joffrey is given Widow's Wail he brags its not his first time handling Valyrian steel

--Tyrion figures out that it was probably Joffrey who ordered the assassination, stealing the blade from his father's weapons cache (because Robert only ever used the hunting knife given him by Jon Arryn)
--<Joffrey dies>

--Jaime confirms it was Joffrey during a conversation with Cersei, and that Joffrey had stolen it and sent the catspaw as a twisted way of pleasing his "dad" who he overheard saying "someone should put the boy out of his misery"...
--When Jaime releases Tyrion from the Red Keep dungeons they agree it was Joffrey who made the clumsy attempt

tldr; LF still has the dagger in the books...
The Debt
Trident 88 said:

FrioAg said:

Biggest question, what was the "many things" Missandei referred to? Pretty sure Grey Worm had only one thing he could do.

Grey Worm - 10 fingers + 1 tongue
Missandei - 3 holes
Somebody do the math.

Can he not thumb in a softy?
Ragoo
AG
Best episode of the series so far
SpreadsheetAg
AG
The only thing I didn't like was the Dragon having a wake in the water.... they are gliding through the air, not using thrust like a jet...
G Martin 87
AG
mazzag said:

Shut your mouth. Ladders and stuff. He's still useful
Arya just got one hell of a sharp scalpel.
annie88
AG
combat wombat said:

BTW, Sansa of seemed unnerved rather than impressed with Arya's fighting ability.

Well she's just realized that her baby sister is a major ****ing assassin. I think she's a little scared. She hasn't seen her in a long time, six seasons for us, and she's a ****ing bad ass killer? It's a lot to take in.
annie88
AG
Jason_Ag98 said:

You have to hand it to the Lannister army - they held their lines in the face of a Dothraki horde and a giant fire-breathing dragon that was burning their comrades alive.

Not just burning them alive but actually making some of them into Ash. They look like they had been at ****ing Pompeii. Then they just blew away in the wind. Shadows and dust.
annie88
AG
mike_ags_fan12 said:

Plot twist. Jaime dies and the night king resurrects him as a white walker

Oooooooooooooooooo.
MandoArms
Do you think they take away Widow's Wail from Jaime and remake Ice?

Ragoo
AG
SpreadsheetAg said:

The only thing I didn't like was the Dragon having a wake in the water.... they are gliding through the air, not using thrust like a jet...
there is still air flow ie; force downward onto the surface of the water.
mazzag
AG
And I liked the nod to fuher. Not really. Just can't let it pass.
No Bat Soup For You
AG
Besides the dragon the most unbelievable thing for me is Jaime sinking in 20 feet of water when he got tackled off a horse that was in ankle deep water.

****ing awesome episode though.
G Martin 87
AG
jamaggie06 said:

Yes. Little Finger says that line to Varys in a long diatribe. Its also the episode Jon and the wildlings literally climb the wall. The episode is elequently called "The Climb".

annie88
AG
hennyj15 said:

Besides the dragon the most unbelievable thing for me is Jaime sinking in 20 feet of water when he got tackled off a horse that was in ankle deep water.

****ing awesome episode though.

Sandbar.
aggie93
AG
Jason_Ag98 said:

Actually the thing that amazes me about the Lannister army is it has an incredible ability to continue to regenerate. I mean the Lannisters have been involved in conflict after conflict including some significant defeats as well as battles they won but lost a lot of troops and yet they just roll into Highgarden and take it even though they have an excellent defensive position and the Reach has only had a few battles to this point.

You also have Jon in the North with what is left of the North plus the entire Vale minus a few that may have died in the rout at Winterfell and both armies are "far less" than 10k? Oh, and that counts the Wildlings?

The show gives you a lot of satisfying moments but damn they are messy writers by comparison and leave a lot of crap that doesn't add up in their wake. Also, there is no freaking way GRRM would allow Jaime, Bronn, Dickon, and I assume Randyl (who seems to have disappeared in spite of being a great general?) survive the main battle.

BTW, I can't imagine Jaime is dead since it happened right in front of Dany and Tyrion was also watching with riders next to him. They likely save Bronn as well but only because he is popular in the show. It does sometimes feel like GoT directed by Michael Bay and the fingerprints of Martin are getting more and more faint. I still love the show but I really think of it as a different story than the books at this point.
dmart90
AG
Just caught the 10:30 showing.

Holy Mother of God that was awesome!
“Ambition is when you expect yourself to close the gap between what you have and what you want.

Entitlement is when you expect others to close the gap between what you have and what you want.”— James Clear
Post removed:
by user
The D
AG
There are only 7 episodes
Post removed:
by user
AgFB
AG
Can anyone refresh me on Arya and LF relationship? What does she know about him?
Southlake
Sure seemed to take a long time between the Dragon strafing runs.

Dany and Jon are on their way. Guess he'll bend a knee when he proposes.

All kingdoms will have to unite to beat the White Walkers.

Bronn's run was a bit contrived: Chased all over while avoiding fire and soldiers on fire while fighting then being chased by a Dothraki and winding up in the totally unscortched scorpion tent. Then quickly setting up the crossbow, loading and cocking it twice, then jumping on a horse and saving Jamie at the last second while avoiding dragon fire. Meh.

I'm just nitpicking here. It really was a fantastic episode!

Agnzona
Jamie, Cersi, Little Finger, Euron etc are all wasted space at this point. I'd just as soon they all die next week.
Gangnam Style
AG
Alright, so when are Jon and Dany going to bang? I'm guessing episode 6 or 7.
Smokedraw01
BowSowy said:

RedAgs01 said:

I love this show but when did the power of teleportation enter into the realm?
God damn, this is the most tired criticism. Timelines aren't concurrent, blah blah blah. Piss off

First off, settle down.

Secondly, I agree we are splitting hairs here but the movement this season is sort of contrary to the way the rest of the show has been written.
titanmaster_race
annie88 said:

I swear to God Jon better not have taken the knee in that cave. They cut away too fast. I will be so pissed if he did. Meanwhile the Dragon stuff tonight was ****ing awesome.

Someone did get on their knees in that cave, but it wasn't Jon Snow.
bangobango
AG
aggie93 said:

Jason_Ag98 said:

Actually the thing that amazes me about the Lannister army is it has an incredible ability to continue to regenerate. I mean the Lannisters have been involved in conflict after conflict including some significant defeats as well as battles they won but lost a lot of troops and yet they just roll into Highgarden and take it even though they have an excellent defensive position and the Reach has only had a few battles to this point.

You also have Jon in the North with what is left of the North plus the entire Vale minus a few that may have died in the rout at Winterfell and both armies are "far less" than 10k? Oh, and that counts the Wildlings?

The show gives you a lot of satisfying moments but damn they are messy writers by comparison and leave a lot of crap that doesn't add up in their wake. Also, there is no freaking way GRRM would allow Jaime, Bronn, Dickon, and I assume Randyl (who seems to have disappeared in spite of being a great general?) survive the main battle.

BTW, I can't imagine Jaime is dead since it happened right in front of Dany and Tyrion was also watching with riders next to him. They likely save Bronn as well but only because he is popular in the show. It does sometimes feel like GoT directed by Michael Bay and the fingerprints of Martin are getting more and more faint. I still love the show but I really think of it as a different story than the books at this point.

Yep. Cannot stop worrying theyre going to "tv show" it up too much. Scenes like the red wedding are what made this show what it is. I hope they don't forget that.
First Page Last Page
Page 111 of 206

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.