Game of Thrones - Season 7

1,144,961 Views | 7206 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Definitely Not A Cop
plowboy1065
How long do you want to ignore this user?
S
May need to start a separate thread about this episode. I need someone to discuss with
jenn96
AG
BallerStaf2003 said:

Carl Underguard said:

I've never gotten the Tyrion Targaryen stuff. That scene with the dragons happens to a different character in the books. And honestly, I don't want him to be one. First Jon now Tyrion? That's too cute.

I think It's pretty obvious that he is a Targaryen
Interesting how people can watch and read the same things and come to such different conclusions. I don't think it's obvious at all and would be stunned if he turns out to be one. Not saying it couldn't happen - this is a show with a lot of moving parts - but I would consider it totally out of left field, especially on the show (the books have just a few more clues, none of which in my opinion are very convincing).

Thematically, I'm with the posters above that it cheapens the characters, so to speak, if all that's required to be a "hero of the story" is a single drop of Targaryan blood. Dany is the actual Targaryian heir and legal, rightful heir to the throne if she can take it. Jon's parentage of being half Ice and half Fire will probably come into play during the Long Night but I don't think his being Rhaegar's son will make any difference to the throne and I seriously doubt that his parentage will become common knowledge except up North/as part of the battle with the Walkers. But Tyrion being a Targaryion ******* doesn't do much at all, except maybe get him on the back of a dragon more easily? I don't see it and don't see how it adds any value to his story arc or character.
OnlyForNow
AG
Me too!
BallerStaf2003
AG
I agree that a drop of Targaryen blood making you a hero is a little lame. Although Viserys definitely wouldn't fit the bill there.

Two things confirmed it for me that he will be revealed as a Targaryen on the show:

1) Tywin saying "since I cannot prove you are not mine" to Tyrion when putting him on the front lines.

2) The random scene of him going into the crypt to see the dragons and not being devoured despite them never having seen him.

Couple that with his obsession (in the books) with fire and dragons as a kid, white streaks of hair and one purple eye and it's painfully obvious.
BallerStaf2003
AG
Did you get t via torrent?
OnlyForNow
AG
If you follow the reddit rabbit hole (freefolk) it's available via viemo
Post removed:
by user
plowboy1065
S
Onlyfornow knows what's up
plowboy1065
S
Sasappis said:

plowboy1065 said:

May need to start a separate thread about this episode. I need someone to discuss with

You go sit in the corner by yourself and think about what you have done.
I'm sorry and promise to be good from now on
BurnetAggie99
Leaked Video Working Link - Stay Away if you don't want to know yet

https://vimeo.com/228359963
Urban Ag
AG
BallerStaf2003 said:

I agree that a drop of Targaryen blood making you a hero is a little lame. Although Viserys definitely wouldn't fit the bill there.

Two things confirmed it for me that he will be revealed as a Targaryen on the show:

1) Tywin saying "since I cannot prove you are not mine" to Tyrion when putting him on the front lines.

2) The random scene of him going into the crypt to see the dragons and not being devoured despite them never having seen him.

Couple that with his obsession (in the books) with fire and dragons as a kid, white streaks of hair and one purple eye and it's painfully obvious.
So he likes fire, dragons, dragons liked him, his mom was probably getting boinked by the mad king, physical descriptions, cryptic statements, etc, then there is the other painfully obvious factors.

Tyrion's mom died in childbirth. So did Jon's. So did Dany's.

The Targaryen sigil is a dragon with three heads - Dany, Jon, Tyrion

Three dragons were hatched

I'm not sold on it. Just seems too painfully obvious that it's a mis-direction. But then again, R+L+J seemed to become painfully obvious as well and it turned out to be the case.

Not a big deal to me. As someone else noted, it doesn't really change or add much here. IMO
Dro07
AG
holy crap that ending...
wangus12
AG
BurnetAggie99 said:

Damn and I have 3 hours to kill at the office.
jenn96
AG
dromo07 said:

holy crap that ending...
You stop with that!!!! Mommmmmmm!!!!!!
BurnetAggie99
Was legit
Dro07
AG
BurnetAggie99 said:

and... its gone
BurnetAggie99
This one works still.

https://vid.me/LvFii
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Goes without saying but, no spoilers till after actual air date please.
wangus12
AG
Justice will be swift those who cross the line
benchmark
AG
I couldn't not watch...
Carl Underguard
AG
I believe Tyrion's eyes are green and black, not violet.

Anyway, I don't like it but can see it being the eventual outcome. I am much more ambivalent about the Game of Thrones universe (tv series and books) than most on this board (and elsewhere as far as I can tell). If it is the outcome, I'll live with it.
RebAg13
AG
Thanks for the link
wangus12
AG
Nor could I.

I feel like I committed a terrible crime watching that it in such low quality.

So ready for Sunday
BoneBoy
AG
Nevermind. I figured out how to get to the episode. I initially only saw the test pattern on the video with an awful sound. I just had to go forward further.
smokeythebear
AG
The real logistical issue with Tyrion being a Targ is that there isn't any way to reveal it, outside of Bran going back in time and watching King Arys bang Tyrion's mom. I mean, there was significance to the TER taking Bran to the Tower of Joy scene, both in explaining to Bran how his time travel works and exploring the interesting family secrets related to Jon. It works because the reveal is who the mother is.

But the old TER knew exactly where to take Bran. Without him, Bran isn't going to just "stumble" upon a secret hookup 9 months before Tyrion was born and be able to prove who the father was.
aggie93
AG
wangus12 said:

Justice will be swift those who cross the line
It would be exceptionally uncool to post spoilers here.
wangus12
AG
And I have no intentions of posting any. Just because I have no self-control doesn't mean I'll spoil anything nor pass anything off as an "estimation."

Basically, I'm not a dick....regardless of my username
Urban Ag
AG
I couldn't help myself either. I watched it. It was awesome can't wait to watch again Sunday in HD on my big screen.

Man..........this episode is amazing. So much to discuss. Might as well get started......

Drogon......can breathe fire

Emilia Clark is so freakin hot with long white blonde hair

Varys doesn't have a unit. WTF?

Jamie only has one hand

That Bronn, man, what a smartass

Pod is a darn good squire, so loyal

I post more later as time permits. Wow. Amazing episode so glad I got to see it early.

Bodie Broadus
Dro07
wangus12
Carl Underguard
AG
Quote:

Emilia Clark is so freakin hot with long white blonde hair
Absolutely.
Urban Ag
AG
Oh wait, I forgot two other really, really key points I missed. Major plot points.

Bran can't walk

I really, really think Littlefinger is up to something. Can't trust that guy!

Carl Underguard
AG
That's my main issue with it, too. To introduce that out of nowhere would be ridiculous. And it would spoil a big reveal from the books that may actually be done better, if it is done.
chipotle
I watched. I feel great.
First Page Last Page
Page 101 of 206

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.