Go go power rangers!

26,112 Views | 178 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by PlanoAggie
AMW2010
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
This is what IMDB says... Amy jo and jdf cameo... although jdf denied being in the film apparently... all what else is confusing is it says green ranger in prologue played by a women, and another yellow ranger not named Trini...

Icecream_Ag
S
How can you have power Rangers without bulk and skull???
AliasMan02
AG
aggie1906 said:

So how does this tie-in to the TV show & other movies? I watched the original season(s) as a kid and recently turned a few on on Netflix for my daughter.

Straight up reboot.
MrPlow2010
AG
I read that is gonna tease the green ranger.
Cromagnum
AG
AliasMan02 said:

CJS4715 said:

Let's be honest... the show was spare. There is no hope for this movie.
Dude. Teenage heroes, color-coded.
They had awesome weapons.
Oh yeah, and those weapons could combine to form a super weapon.
And they piloted robots. DINOSAUR robots.
Oh, and that's not enough? Those robots combine to form one SUPER bot.

And that's just Season 1.

I remember Voltron too!
Cromagnum
AG
I just want to see a full film version of this.

Satellite of Love
The first trailer was cool, dark and gritty. The 2nd one was cheesy and feels like a completely different movie. They did that for Kong also. Why can't Hollywood keep their sheet straight. I have a feeling the next Cars 3 trailer will be super campy and childish.
gigemJTH12
AG
http://www.digitalspy.com/movies/power-rangers/news/a824184/original-power-rangers-reunite-for-2017-movie-premiere/

http://www.digitalspy.com/movies/power-rangers/news/a824184/original-power-rangers-reunite-for-2017-movie-premiere/?zoomable
ag_derp
AG
The movie was fantastic. 10/10 Go watch it!
AggieIce
AG
Surpassed all expectations
zip90
AG
Better than I was expecting
jokershady
AG
O rly???
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Checking this out Tuesday.
Saxsoon
AG
When the updated version of the Power Rangers theme played for all of 10 seconds when they got in their Zords was the highlight of the film for me and had me bouncing up and down like a giddy 5 year old.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Solid $40M opening weekend, especially against the juggernaut that is Beauty and the Beast.
mazag08
AG
Spoilers ahead

Even though it was a two hour movie and they spent 3/4ths developing the characters, I still felt like there were a lot of hoops jumped through to progress from one point to another. But it's a small gripe. Overall, it was very enjoyable.

It was also way darker than I expected it to be at times. Elizabeth Banks played Rita well. They were able to pull that off while also keeping it light hearted and even poking fun at themselves at times.

I do hope the second movie explains the destruction of the city and doesn't just gloss over that everything people know in the world has changed. I hope they keep they same feel while not forgetting to stay at least somewhat grounded in the realism of a war going on between alien beings.
Farmer1906
AG
Caught it today. Fun movie. More serious than I was expected. i can't believe they killed a ranger

I enjoyed it and so did my 4 year old, but just go in not expecting a masterpiece.
Saxsoon
AG
mazag08 said:

Spoilers ahead

Even though it was a two hour movie and they spent 3/4ths developing the characters, I still felt like there were a lot of hoops jumped through to progress from one point to another. But it's a small gripe. Overall, it was very enjoyable.

It was also way darker than I expected it to be at times. Elizabeth Banks played Rita well. They were able to pull that off while also keeping it light hearted and even poking fun at themselves at times.

I do hope the second movie explains the destruction of the city and doesn't just gloss over that everything people know in the world has changed. I hope they keep they same feel while not forgetting to stay at least somewhat grounded in the realism of a war going on between alien beings.
I was honestly shocked at the horror vibes with some of her scenes. Was sitting with a group that had 4-5 children and was very curious how they were reacting.
Sex Panther
AG
aggie1906 said:

I enjoyed it and so did my 4 year old, but just go in not expecting a masterpiece.

I don't think that's going to be an issue
The Collective
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Checking this out Tuesday.

Man, I thought you'd be there opening night!
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Would've gone this weekend but I wanted to check out Beauty and the Beast. And tuesdays are discounted.

These movie prices are killer these days.
213 Grove
AG
Katy Mills AMC before noon is $5 and they just redid all there seating to have power reclining leather seats....

just FYI to those in the area
Scotty Flamingo
It was okay to me.

was really hoping for Lord Zedd in the post credits
TajMaballer
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Would've gone this weekend but I wanted to check out Beauty and the Beast. And tuesdays are discounted.

BES (and anyone in an expensive movie priced area), you should look into a movie pass! I signed up this month cause I saw the price of $45 for the month (for unlimited pass) and I knew I was going to at least see 5 movies. Only stipulation is that you have to wait 24 hours after watching a movie to see another one.
The Collective
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Try having a family of 4. Almost exclusively discount days for us. Look forward to your thoughts on the film.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I strongly considered it when I saw it posted on here. It's not a bad deal, and I'd probably watch at least 4 on most months. But there are some pretty slow months in the year too, where I'll only watch 1 or 2 movies, if that.

It would be cool, but at the same time I don't want to feel an obligation to go see a movie I'm not really interested in just to fulfill the quota. Would rather save money that month.
AliasMan02
AG
Just got out. That movie was SO MUCH FUN.

Thought the cast was great. Great chemistry between the rangers. I thought Elizabeth Banks really leaned into it and it translated well. Laughed a bunch of times.

I wish the Megazord had been a little more directly built from the various Zords but that's a minor complaint.

I'd watch this movie instead of Batman vs Superman 10 times out of 10.
Bunk Moreland
That was one of the worst movies I've ever had the displeasure of being forced to sit through. I would have left after 30 minutes had other people in the theater not been dependent on me for a ride home.

Almost every decision they made, I would have done it differently. Turrible.

And I had low expectations.

chipotle
Ha...people actually went to see this?
BassCowboy33
I'm hearing really bad things. Will probably pass, so I don't ruin my childhood.
Bunk Moreland
If there was a little more T&A of the cheerleader girl Ranger, I could have been ok.
Icecream_Ag
S
Bunk Moreland said:

If there was a little more T&A of the cheerleader girl Ranger, I could have been ok.
I'd have settled for the yellow ranger, though was holding out for rita
Bunk Moreland
She was cute too
nickstro66
AG
I really enjoyed it, but I grew up watching the Power Rangers. Pretty sure I spent most Halloweens as the Green Ranger or White Ranger as a kid. I figured it wouldn't get great reviews, but I still had a lot of fun.
GiveEmHellBill
AG
Bunk Moreland said:

That was one of the worst movies I've ever had the displeasure of being forced to sit through. I would have left after 30 minutes had other people in the theater not been dependent on me for a ride home.

Almost every decision they made, I would have done it differently. Turrible.

And I had low expectations.

Honest question: were you a fan in any way of the original series?

I never was. In fact, I always thought the show looked ridiculous. I am hoping that, if I have to take my kids to see this, it will be better than the show.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.