***Official GAME OF THRONES Season 6 (BOOK READERS/SPOILERS ALLOWED)***

841,931 Views | 6639 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by hunter2012
annie88
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I still want Walter Frey to get his, bad. Jerk.

Sansa surely pregnant, that sucks. Figured she was back when she mentioned feeling Ramsey in her body all the time several episodes and making the new dress.

Hopefully Jon will find out his true parentage next week.

Then one more year until they're back. Darn.
Farmer1906
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
Yeah, tough to lose another Stark, but this one didn't carry a lot of weight

Agreed. I don't like losing him but since he has barely been around it didn't sting as bad as the others.

Maybe there wasn't the personal connection, but his death carries the most weight. The show has effectively ended the Stark line. Bran will never have kids, and Jon is either a Targaryen, or still a bast.rd.
Maybe Benjen? A semi white walker Stark line.

chase128
AG
quote:

With a lightsaber:

https://streamable.com/c73q

When the music kicked in right there i got chills
annie88
AG
I did love the episode, but though a lot of it was rather predictable (well GOT sometimes throws wrenches).

Dany and dragons attacking
The Vale coming at last moment
Feeding Ramsay to dogs

But it was still all so satisfying. For a split second I thought they were going to kill Jon again, but knew the Vale was coming. Also when he mentioned he hadn't fed the dogs in seven days that sealed it.

I did thoroughly enjoy Jon beating the crap out of him though and Sansa's smiles at the battle and after he died.

It's about time Davos figured out what happened to Shirleen too, hopefully he'll kill the witch. So wish he'd taken Shirleen with him when he left Stanis.
annie88
AG
Knowing, no. Assuming, yes. He raped her constantly, so it's not too far off to believe she might be. But I agree on how he's scarred her as well.
Thomas Ford 91
AG
If you think that was the best GOT episode and one of the best 60 minutes of tv ever, i agree with you. That director needs more episodes.

I do wish they wouldn't beat us over the head so hard in the previews. If you are 100% confident it is coming, it takes away much of the impact when Davos finds the stag.

Did anybody recognize the flayed and burning body? The face looked like a martian from Mars Attacks. Or Brienne.
ellebee
So weren't brienne and pod hung by LSH at the end of the last book? I'm hoping this doesn't happen somehow in the next episode. Where did Sansa send her? I can't remember. I didn't include them in my death pool and now I'm thinking I should've.
annie88
AG
quote:
quote:

Okay this is an awesome picture. But after seeing the video posted showing how they made the battle and finding out this is a legit picture of real horses actually charging at Kit Harrington makes it absolutely amazing
You sure it isn't green screen?
combat wombat™
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Agreed. I don't like losing him but since he has barely been around it didn't sting as bad as the others.

Maybe there wasn't the personal connection, but his death carries the most weight. The show has effectively ended the Stark line. Bran will never have kids, and Jon is either a Targaryen, or still a bast.rd.

Unless Bran is able to reproduce
Not being able to walk doesn't always equate to not being able to "get it up".
annie88
AG
It's about damn time those poor little ones are free!
bangobango
AG
Sansa may be preggers, but I took what he said as him mentally scarring her forever. I don't think it is sure thing as of now.

Wonder what the fallout will be from Jon basically waltzing into Ramsey's trap. Hopefully he learns from it and the show addresses it. This episode did a great job of establishing Jon's martial prowess, now they have to rehabilitate his ability to command the troops and not make stupid mistakes that nearly get his forces completely slaughtered if he is going to lead the troops against the white walkers.
marble rye
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

Okay this is an awesome picture. But after seeing the video posted showing how they made the battle and finding out this is a legit picture of real horses actually charging at Kit Harrington makes it absolutely amazing

There is a behind the scenes vid where Kit Harrington states this is real.
bangobango
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

The clip somebody linked a page or two ago said it was forty real horses. Kit said he was pissed because he knew everybody would think it was a green screen when it wasn't.
redline248
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

While I personally don't expect it, I guess it's possible. If Dany can get pregnant, as many believe happened in ADWD, then I guess something could help Bran out.
FightinTexasAg15
AG
quote:
It's about time Davos figured out what happened to Shirleen too, hopefully he'll kill the witch. So wish he'd taken Shirleen with him when he left Stanis.

Shireen lol
annie88
AG
quote:
quote:

Shireen lol
Oh, I thought it was Shirleen. I like Shireen better.
annie88
AG
Good to hear about the non-green screen.

and this is funny...

The incident happened while Rheon and Kit Harington were shooting the scene in which Jon Snow tackles Ramsay to the ground in the Winterfell courtyard and begins belting him in the face.

"I actually did punch Iwan in the face twice by accident," said Harington. "Which he took really well. He was really nice about it.

"I had to buy him a pint after that one."

When you watch the scene back, it's not super surprising. Harington is really going for it.

http://mashable.com/2016/06/20/kit-harington-punched-iwan-rheon/?utm_cid=mash-com-Tw-main-link#sFpIHiQjMZqp
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Me and my roommate caught it in the background. Were both like "**** yes...."
Zombie Jon Snow
AG

Oh there was green screen - just not that shot of the horses charging Jon.

In the close hand to hand combat (close tracking behind Jon) there were real elements coming at him, but also green screens behind so the entire scene was made more chaotic.

And the large wide shots of the armies used a lot of replications of the same horses, soldiers, etc. to make the armies much bigger (and add Wun Wun in).

Also on some of the stacks of bodies there was green screen so again they could replicate the huge mounds of dead bodies.

Anyway, it was all still incredible. Really watch that making of, nearly as amazing as the actual scene.
yeahtoast
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

Shireen lol
Oh, I thought it was Shirleen. I like Shireen better.
Up and coming country singer starlette from the Wall, ya'll: Shirleen Baratheon?
redline248
AG
Archer was the first thing I thought, too
wangus12
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Or Sansa decides to do what Lady Mormont did if she remarries and keep the Stark name.
wangus12
AG
quote:
quote:

With a lightsaber:

https://streamable.com/c73q

When the music kicked in right there i got chills
The music was great, especially at that part. I almost half expected Ghost to come charging into the screen towards the horses in a sacrificial manner.
annie88
AG
I know a lot of it is green screen. I guess the angle and the distance allowed them to do this with the horses, pretty cool. I've seen a lot of behind the scenes for this and other shows and is so cool how much they can do today and how realistic so much of it seems. You go back even 10-15 years and it's so much more noticeable, although sometimes you can still tell it's green screen even beyond an obvious in shows.
Joseph Parrish
AG
quote:
quote:
I just watched the dragon scene again. Freaking epic. Drogon looks like he's 4-5x as large as he was at the end of season five. A fun detail that was easy to miss:
When the camera switches perspectives and shows the attack from a different boat (i.e. to show how people on other boats would see the dragon attack), you can see people leaping off of every other boat in the shot.

You can see Drogon far in the background between two of the masters before he shows up and Dani climbs on. Pretty cool little detail.
If you pay attention, Drogon is in the background is all kinds of scenes with Dany. Happens all the time. Obviously this time, we all knew he was coming to help them. The intro of Drogon in this episode is a lot like the intro to a video game my brother used to play called Skyrim.
TampaBayAg08
AG
I really don't get the whole "I hate Sansa" argument. It really irks me. Yes, she drives me crazy in the books... But she's supposed to! She was a lovesick teenager thinking she'll live happily ever after with Joffrey. She made mistakes... She's human. That's why the Hunger Games/Katniss crap is even more annoying because Katniss for all she is is pretty unrealistic. GRRM wrote Sansa's character beautifully because he got into the head of a teenage girl, even in the medieval period... And he did it really well. I just hate when people say they hate her character because she has genuine character flaws because of her age... And even the writers of the show have depicted it so well, and this episode was her revenge. The mountain of crap she's had to climb... All while making (really bad) mistakes along the way, but still coming out on top by Ramsay getting eaten by his own dogs at the hands of Sansa. Just brilliant.

So, go ahead and hate Sansa. But at least acknowledge you hate her because of GRRM's brilliance of writing true characters... Not some typical fake fantasy heroine. Rant over
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Someone else mentioned this, but it bears repeating.

Sansa has had the best character arc in the show so far, possibly even more than Dany.

She was utterly useless and nobody liked her for what, two full seasons, maybe longer? And I don't know about anyone else, but she may be my favorite Stark at the moment.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
FightinTexasAg15
AG
quote:

Sansa has had the best character arc in the show so far, possibly even more than Dany.

She was utterly useless and nobody liked her for what, two full seasons, maybe longer? And I don't know about anyone else, but she may be my favorite Stark at the moment.

She has come a LONG way from the beginning and is really coming into her own badass character.
Thomas Ford 91
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
The show has effectively ended the Stark line. Bran will never have kids, and Jon is either a Targaryen, or still a bast.rd.

While I personally don't expect it, I guess it's possible. If Dany can get pregnant, as many believe happened in ADWD, then I guess something could help Bran out.

Paraplegic Bran knocks up Dany, forever binding Ice to Fire and creating a master race of warging time traveling dragon riders.

Get Hype.
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
The show has effectively ended the Stark line. Bran will never have kids, and Jon is either a Targaryen, or still a bast.rd.

Paraplegic Bran knocks up Dany, forever binding Ice to Fire and creating a master race of warging time traveling dragon riders.

Get Hype.
So the Stark/White walker blood line with the Targaryen/dragon bloodline.
MW03
AG
On the subject of House Bolton, there's a bunch of great houses on the ropes, right? Let's talk Conservation Status.

House Baratheon - Critically Endangered.Only one heir, Tommen, and he's not banging out Marjorie now that the faith militant is back. Plus, you know of know he's going to die terribly because he's Cersei's kid.

House Stark - Critically Endangered. Only legitimate male heir is paralyzed. Jon's still running around, and I still have hope for Robb's letter of legitimacy. Only reason they're not on the extinct list.

House Lannister - Near Threatened. Jamie is not banging anyone other than his sister, and I don't think that's going to make a child. Tyrion is around, but also killed his dad so not exactly sitting in the big chair at Casterly Rock. Kevan is around though. Probably a bunch of other one off relatives.

House Targaryen - Extinct. Dany is barren and also a female. Jon is running around amid rumors of his parentage, but he'd still be a *******. I suppose Dany could legitimize him if she makes queen, but there's nothing in the story to suggest that. No other relative crawling around in the show.

House Tyrell - Endangered. Do we know of any other male heirs other than Loras? He looks like he's about to meet his end as well. Mace could make another heir, though. And you have to think there are other Tyrells running around (similar to the Lannisters).

House Greyjoy - Critically Endangered. Theon can't reproduce, and Yara is a chick. That leaves Euron, and he's not long for this world with Dany backing Theon/Yara's play.

House Tully - Endangered. They are down to Edmure and his son, though Edmure is relatively young. Endangered because both Edmure and Edmure Jr. are in precarious situations.

House Frey - Least Concern. Dude is all about mugging stares and making heirs.
wangus12
AG
quote:

By far the most change for sure. GoT is going feminist on everybody. Dany in Essos and soon to be Westeros. Yara in the Iron Islands and Sansa in the North. The SS in Dorne. Won't be anyone with balls left by the end of this.
bangobango
AG
Sansa is an interesting character. I think the question with her is, at her core, is she a good person?

I know everyone loved the smirk she gave while Ramsey was getting eaten, but that along with her keeping Lysa's murder a secret would, in a typical fantasy genre, be a huge flashing red light to beware that character. That all is not as it seems and that her character arc may be trending towards corruption more than anything else.

Now, Martin's Ice and Fire trilogy kind of sets fantasy tropes on their heads, so that may not be the way that he is going with all of this, but I am wary of Sansa right now.

I think she may become a major hindrance to Jon's preparations for the WW before it is all said and done.
wangus12
AG
quote:
I think she may become a major hindrance to Jon's preparations for the WW before it is all said and done.
I could definitely see Jon at this point start trying to rally forces to fight the WW and Sansa wants to take them south to kill the Frey's
First Page Last Page
Page 154 of 190

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.