***Official GAME OF THRONES Season 6 (BOOK READERS/SPOILERS ALLOWED)***

841,932 Views | 6639 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by hunter2012
G Martin 87
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
How is it that the Vale just swoops in at the end with neither ******* knowing they were in the area? Wouldn't that have changed the negotiations knowing the ****ing knights of the vale had been hanging out in moat cailin and were advancing to Winterfell? How does Ramsey not know Littlefinger and the Vale was advancing north?

But the show did the same thing with stannis season 4 at the wall, Tyrell/Lannister season 2 at blackwater and hell even the dothraki horde in this episode so we should just expect it.
Fog of war. Happened that way all the time in warfare before the invention of drones, even with large armies/navies. Remember Schwartzkopf's end around Kuwait? Midway? Waterloo? Not unbelievable at all. The Boltons didn't have satellites, you know.
bkag9824
AG
Think they're taking stock in how the show has portrayed spies/informants being everywhere. The show has hinted at how easy it is for information, especially info about such a sizable force such as the Vale Army, to get around.

It's not an unreasonable line of thinking given the turmoil of what the North has been going through, especially when Ramsay says "I've been hearing stories about you" or whatever he said, to Jon at the parlay the day before the battle.

Word gets around in the show. No drones needed.
AgLiving06
quote:
Think they're taking stock in how the show has portrayed spies/informants being everywhere. The show has hinted at how easy it is for information, especially info about such a sizable force such as the Vale Army, to get around.

It's not an unreasonable line of thinking given the turmoil of what the North has been going through, especially when Ramsay says "I've been hearing stories about you" or whatever he said, to Jon at the parlay the day before the battle.

True, but this is Littlefinger we are talking about. If anybody can avoid being spotted, it would be him.
FightinTexasAg15
AG
quote:

Okay this is an awesome picture. But after seeing the video posted showing how they made the battle and finding out this is a legit picture of real horses actually charging at Kit Harrington makes it absolutely amazing
The Dog Lord
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
I know this is out of left field but is Yara bi/gay in the books? If there were hints at it I missed it, you can tell she's a tomboy at minimum. But I don't recall anything specific in the books. Her scene with Dany, the "I'm up for anything." line is what makes me ask. That and the non spoiler thread...
Young should go back a couple of episodes and watch the scene where she snacks on a boob at a brothel before making poor Theon cry.
Post was asking about the BOOKS. I recall no hints at all in the books. This is pure TV.
I'm pretty sure she is openly heterosexual in the books and hooks up with several guys. I don't recall any hints as to her even being bisexual. Her demeanor is more masculine since she is the captain of a ship. If I remember correctly, she thinks about the issues of her gender and is annoyed by the more "romantic" guys, but that's about it.
Al Bula
AG
HBO has to introduce some LGBTQ stuff into the mix. Yara's orientation satisfies this season's requirement.
FightinTexasAg15
AG
quote:
I loved this battle... But the lack of Ghost was unconvincing and super disappointing. This is Jon's biggest battle yet, and he doesn't have his direwolf by his side?? While they take Winterfell back? It doesn't ruin the episode to me... But in the back of my mind I was thinking where the hell is ghost?

I know that it's difficult and expensive to get the direwolves in the show, but come on we need some shots of Ghost messing people up. I loved how the hounds turned on Ramsey but Ghost ripping out his throat would have been possibly the only thing better
Boiling Denim
Ghost would have died on the first charge. There's some things a Direwolf are good for and there's some things it's not good for. Standing in front of a solid line of cavalry and a phalanx are not good uses for a Direwolf.

I was half expecting Ghost to flank Ramsay and snatch him off his horse while he tried to retreat back to Winterfell though.
The Dog Lord
AG
quote:
quote:

True, but this is Littlefinger we are talking about. If anybody can avoid being spotted, it would be him.
Plus there have been plenty of people moving armies around in secret (well as much as possible) in the books. Robb split his army and ambushed Jaime after secretly moving it through the Riverlands. Moat Cailin is a good ways from Winterfell really, so Ramsay isn't likely to know of their approach (an argument could be made that he should have men guarding Moat Cailin, but that is a different issue). Even if he had scouts near Winterfell, it's hard to say how much warning he would have. Scouts can be killed too.
wangus12
AG
When your squad has *******s to kill.

redline248
AG
Another thing about Ghost, he should have at least been somewhere near the initial meeting. When Ramsay is talking about feeding them to his dogs Jon should have said something like, "my wolf likes to eat dogs" and have Ghost over there licking his chops. Hell, he would have probably gone berserk at seeing Sh@ggydog's head and killed Ramsay right there.
wangus12
AG

With a lightsaber:

https://streamable.com/c73q
wangus12
AG
PMD03
AG
Next week is going to involve some Freys at the Twins. I am so hoping we get to hear Manderly's "The North Remembers" speech there since it did not happen at Winterfell.
AgLaw
AG
quote:
HBO has to introduce some LGBTQ stuff into the mix. Yara's orientation satisfies this season's requirement.

Obviously, this is the HBO agenda. There's no way sex scenes betweeb two hot girls appeals to any other demographic.
Post removed:
by user
MW03
AG
Dany is 1. Who is the second?
gougler08
AG
Man, there were some epic scenes last night
redline248
AG
quote:
You know, the Ironborn way of life is bound to come to an end at some point. Either by them changing and living like the rest of Westeros, or by getting themselves wiped off the planet.
Hey, I actually made a good prediction
gougler08
AG
So I must have missed them from the show (haven't read the books), why is Jamie going to go kill some Frey's? Was it him just following through and helping Edmure after he gave him Riverrun?
redline248
AG
Whoever said that misinterpreted the preview scene, imo. Jaime is, so far, still allied with old Walder.
gougler08
AG
Ok, glad I'm not completely missing something then
FightinTexasAg15
AG
I know one of the "main" good guys had to die this episode, but anyone else think Rickon could have easily survived that game? If he just watched over his shoulder while running he could have changed direction once Ramsay shot an arrow.

I'll be honest I'm okay with Rickon dying over Tormund or Davos
wangus12
AG
quote:
Whoever said that misinterpreted the preview scene, imo. Jaime is, so far, still allied with old Walder.
Yeah if anyone is gonna kill the Frey's, it'll be the Starks
Streetfighter 02
AG
In the books Yara (Asha) has a sexual relationship with one of the sailors on her ship. She doesn't have any bisexual tendencies in my recollection.
KidDoc
AG
quote:
I know one of the "main" good guys had to die this episode, but anyone else think Rickon could have easily survived that game? If he just watched over his shoulder while running he could have changed direction once Ramsay shot an arrow.

I'll be honest I'm okay with Rickon dying over Tormund or Davos
To give Rickon credit he was like 3 when this started so hasn't had much combat training as a captive.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
wangus12
AG
Yeah, tough to lose another Stark, but this one didn't carry a lot of weight
marble rye
AG
All the people saying the actress (Yara) had let herself go were obviously wrong. She looked pretty fit in her leather pants. I think it was the coat she wore in earlier episodes.
Nagler
AG
quote:
I just watched the dragon scene again. Freaking epic. Drogon looks like he's 4-5x as large as he was at the end of season five. A fun detail that was easy to miss:
When the camera switches perspectives and shows the attack from a different boat (i.e. to show how people on other boats would see the dragon attack), you can see people leaping off of every other boat in the shot.

You can see Drogon far in the background between two of the masters before he shows up and Dani climbs on. Pretty cool little detail.
FightinTexasAg15
AG
quote:

Agreed. I don't like losing him but since he has barely been around it didn't sting as bad as the others.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
quote:
quote:
I just watched the dragon scene again. Freaking epic. Drogon looks like he's 4-5x as large as he was at the end of season five. A fun detail that was easy to miss:
When the camera switches perspectives and shows the attack from a different boat (i.e. to show how people on other boats would see the dragon attack), you can see people leaping off of every other boat in the shot.

You can see Drogon far in the background between two of the masters before he shows up and Dani climbs on. Pretty cool little detail.
Yeah I loved that. Barely noticed the first time, but on my rewatch I looked for it. It came right as Dany's conversation turned on them - telling them she was talking about their terms of surrender, not hers. I think she was kinda waiting to see Drogon in the distance for dramatic effect obviously the writers planned it that way).

boboguitar
AG
quote:
quote:

Yeah, I practically squealed when I saw that. My wife missed it but I told her the dragons were about to show up.
redline248
AG
quote:
quote:

Agreed. I don't like losing him but since he has barely been around it didn't sting as bad as the others.

Maybe there wasn't the personal connection, but his death carries the most weight. The show has effectively ended the Stark line. Bran will never have kids, and Jon is either a Targaryen, or still a bast.rd.
Baskin
AG
Re: Jaime sends his regards to the Freys, I put that one in there as wishful thinking. I think eventually Jaime will do something that completes his "bad guy turned good" arc, but yeah, I doubt he'd have any reason to burn that bridge (lol) yet.

Who knows, he's probably just doing boring diplomat stuff in that scene. It would be hilarious if Arya appeared out of nowhere and gave Walder the needle 2 episodes after being in Bravos. I can imagine the geographic debates that would start amongst viewers.
FightinTexasAg15
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

Maybe there wasn't the personal connection, but his death carries the most weight. The show has effectively ended the Stark line. Bran will never have kids, and Jon is either a Targaryen, or still a bast.rd.

Unless Bran is able to reproduce
First Page Last Page
Page 153 of 190

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.