***Official GAME OF THRONES Season 6 (BOOK READERS/SPOILERS ALLOWED)***

841,868 Views | 6639 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by hunter2012
Muy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
If you find yourself getting angry and fighting with someone over an awesome tv show, you might be in too deep.
annie88
AG
quote:
If you find yourself getting angry and fighting with someone over an awesome tv show, you might be in too deep.
Hey, I'm new to GOT, I'm caught up in it! Big time! Been only a month since I watched even one of them!

And if I'd slow down and temper my comments better sometimes I wouldn't need to apologize. I was upset about something that wasn't even the topic.
annie88
AG
My bad.
AggieHank86
AG
quote:
I posted about that before. What was the point of having her gain possession of all the ships in Mereen, if you're just going to burn them 2 seasons later?

There is no telling what direction the show is going to take with Asha (Yara) and Theon. I doubt very much they have her winning the kingsmoot.
she has seriously packed on the LBs since we saw her last,
redline248
AG
I thought the same thing last night
annie88
AG
Well she has had a few bad months, dad's dead and her brother's wanker came in the mail. I can understand her stacking up on the donuts.
Burrus86
AG
I think the High Sparrow is setting a trap for the Lannisters and Tyrells by giving Tommen that information. You do not tell him to keep a secret that big and expect him to do it. I think the Faith Miltant have a surprise of their own.
redline248
AG
quote:
I think the High Sparrow is setting a trap for the Lannisters and Tyrells by giving Tommen that information. You do not tell him to keep a secret that big and expect him to do it. I think the Faith Miltant have a surprise of their own.
Yep, good bet. Dude is a master manipulator.
redline248
AG
By the way, safe to put the HS = HR stuff to rest, given the story he told Margery?
HummingbirdSaltalamacchia
AG
quote:
By the way, safe to put the HS = HR stuff to rest, given the story he told Margery?
that was my biggest take-away from the episode, as a book reader at least.
BallerStaf2003
AG
quote:

I agree. And cersei betraying her son by telling the council what was said will kill Tommen.
BowSowy
AG
HR is Howland Reed, correct?
Urban Ag
AG
quote:
quote:
I posted about that before. What was the point of having her gain possession of all the ships in Mereen, if you're just going to burn them 2 seasons later?

There is no telling what direction the show is going to take with Asha (Yara) and Theon. I doubt very much they have her winning the kingsmoot.
I literally said that as well to the wife, first I commented that it must be hard for Theon to stay so skinny to stay in role yet Asha seemed to be enjoying the buffet line.

Oh and, when I read your post my first thought was "why is Asha packing on linebackers?"
Urban Ag
AG
quote:
quote:
that was my biggest take-away from the episode, as a book reader at least.
I've never bought in to that theory to begin with.

Regardless, I am licking my chops to see Westboro get their heads handed to them.
Andy07
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

I literally said that as well to the wife, first I commented that it must be hard for Theon to stay so skinny to stay in role yet Asha seemed to be enjoying the buffet line.

Oh and, when I read your post my first thought was "why is Asha packing on linebackers?"

Asha hasn't been out raiding since she failed to rescue Theon is how it makes sense to me. She's been sitting in the castle stewing (and eating stew).
ChoppinDs40
AG
While this could be true - could you imagine what Westeros would look like with Tommen dead? Does that mean Cersei becomes Queen again?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Interesting, didn't notice this parallel.

bangobango
AG
quote:
quote:
Don't know if it has already been covered but I foresee Lancel killing Kevan rather than Varys' little birds.

Also liked that the kingsmoot is not totally out of the picture. I know it gets the most hate, but AFFC was a very satisfying read when I read it the second time.

I just wish the damn books would hurry up and get written.
Agreed that AFFC is much better on the second read. But I literally read the first four books back to back so by the time you get to AFFC, after digesting the pure awesomeness that ASOS was, it felt like driving at 100 mph then slamming it in to reverse. Anyway........

SO the Kingsmoot. Having trouble seeing the significance of adding this back in to the series. What other role could it play other than to put the Ironborn's fleet in to play to return Dany and her army to Westeros? And if that really is the end game for this story line, seems like they could have just avoided burning the Mereen fleet. Especially when you consider that after last night, seems Dany is commanding more power than ever when she potentially marches back to Mereen with 100,000 screamers at her back.
Theon is going to help his sister win the Kingsmoot and then convince her to do something that helps Jon/Sansa and redeems him as a person.
Btron
AG
quote:
Interesting, didn't notice this parallel.

HBO pushing women's lib agenda at us...
bangobango
AG
quote:
Was that the secret? that grandma killed Joffrey?

I thought it was Margery's walk of atonement. If so, she immediately betrayed him.

I think a lot of people will die in the upcoming confrontation with the high sparrow. Probably Loras and Margery, Tommen will also be dead before the season ends.
I said this earlier, but I think the plan is to have the Tyrells attack the Sparrow and hopefully kill him. Then, in the subsequent outrage/rioting/revolt among the masses that such an act will cause among the common folks, the Lannisters will step in and play the "good guy" role, crushing or severely crippling the Tyrell family in the process.

Cersei does not care about Margery. She sees this as an opportunity to bring the Tyrells to heel and eliminate a hated and dangerous enemy in the Militant Faith.

Of course, we know now how well Cersei's manipulations usually go, so I'm sure it will ultimately result in Tommen's death.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Of course this will backfire on Cersei. I'm not sure exactly how things play out, but all hell is about to break loose in KL.

I think the following people are most likely to die:
Lady Olenna
Ser Loras
Kevan
Mace Tyrell
Tommen
Margaery
Cersei

Hell, the whole Small Council could end up wiped out, and just when Cersei thinks they're back on top, Tommen is killed.
Stive
AG
That's pretty much everyone in KL that we've ever met.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Do we think Cersei's trial takes place before all this happens though? Starting to look like that certain trial by combat many have been hoping for may not happen after all...
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I didn't mean all of them, I put them in rough order of who I think is most likely to die.
jabberwalkie09
AG
Cersei won't die until her last child dies. Even then, Jamie will probably die before her. Leaving her to ask the most important of questions: was it all worth it?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Yeah, my theory a few days back is that Cersei kills herself after she loses Tommen.
annie88
AG
quote:
Cersei won't die until her last child dies. Even then, Jamie will probably die before her. Leaving her to ask the most important of questions: was it all worth it?
It's hard to feel sorry for Cersei. She's brought a lot of this on herself. She's always been a cold beotch. Her words even. I didn't even feel sorry for her during her atonement walk. But she's a good 'bad guy' to have around and I admire her tough as nails exterior.
redline248
AG
Do we have show watchers spilling into this thread yet?

I hope/think Jaime will kill Cersei. Show doesn't seem to be going that way, yet, though.
Apache
AG
This is what I think happens with the Iron Born:
Yara will lose the Kingsmoot, EuronVictarion will sail to Slavers bay & transport the Dothraki to Westeros.
E/V will die a horrible death probably by Dragons. Yara will become Queen of Iron Islands and align with the Northmen to fight the Boltons, Lannisters, and White Walkers (Eventually). JMO
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
What about Theon? Surely his character arc ends up with some kind of redemption, right?
redline248
AG
You know, the Ironborn way of life is bound to come to an end at some point. Either by them changing and living like the rest of Westeros, or by getting themselves wiped off the planet.
Icecream_Ag
S
quote:
What about Theon? Surely his character arc ends up with some kind of redemption, right?
IMO Theon kills Ramsay at some point after the Basterd Bowl
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
quote:

Pycell is left to rule them all.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG

By the way....with all the other excitement I forget....what did Theon say he wanted?

I thought he would say revenge but he didn't just something about her ruling. Was that it?

Icecream_Ag
S
quote:
quote:

Pycell is left to rule them all.
nope, Sam fresh from maester training will become the ruler of Westeros because everyone else dies taking out the WWs.
First Page Last Page
Page 72 of 190

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.