***Official GAME OF THRONES Season 6 (BOOK READERS/SPOILERS ALLOWED)***

843,454 Views | 6639 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by hunter2012
Farmer1906
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
Syrio is just a guy that Eddard hired to teach his daughter swordsmanship because she was driving him crazy in King's Landing causing trouble while he was trying to do his day job. That's it. The Lannister's killed the summer break tennis coach.
Just a guy? HE WAS THE FIRST SWORD OF BRAVOS!!!
DCPD158
AG
quote:
Syrio is just a guy that Eddard hired to teach his daughter swordsmanship because she was driving him crazy in King's Landing causing trouble while he was trying to do his day job. That's it. The Lannister's killed the summer break tennis coach.
Just a guy? I don't know about anyone else, but when I see Arya with Needle, Jon Snow doesn't come to mind, Syrio does. Not the man that hand the weapon made, but the man that taught her to use it.

Just a guy... pfft! You know nothing Urban Ag.

"Nine years Syrio Forel was First Sword to the Sealord of Braavos." Syrio Forel

First Sword of Braavos is the title held by the chief protector and champion of the Sealord of the Free City of Braavos.
Company I-1, Ord-Ords '85 -12thFan and Websider-
SpreadsheetAg
AG
quote:
Or, she could be a R/L mix like me. I'm a lefty when it comes to eating/writing/frisbee, but everything else is righty.
This... in her practice fighting scene with Syrio Forel; she uses both hands with the wooden sword.

MW03
AG
WHERE IS SER POUNCE????

Urban Ag
AG
quote:
quote:
Ok fine, when you're Eddard f'n Stark you can afford to hire the best. Come on, no one from a major house is hiring a scrub. So he got Arya the equivalent of a retired Pete Sampras. He was still just the tennis instructor.
FightinTexasAg15
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
Ok fine, when you're Eddard f'n Stark you can afford to hire the best. Come on, no one from a major house is hiring a scrub. So he got Arya the equivalent of a retired Pete Sampras. He was still just the tennis instructor.

Not just any tennis instructor, he was the first tennis instructor of Braavos!
yeahtoast
AG
Will you stupid *******s shut the **** up about Arya already?

We've had two consecutive episodes specifically mentioning the Manderly's and we were reminded twice last episode on the SPECIFIC Frey that slit Cat's throat. We're on pace for both "The North Remembers" and Lady Stoneheart!
Urban Ag
AG
quote:

We've had two consecutive episodes specifically mentioning the Manderly's and we were reminded twice last episode on the SPECIFIC Frey that slit Cat's throat. We're on pace for both "The North Remembers" and Lady Stoneheart!
Re: the North Remembers

So, anyone else thinking that Ramsay "calls the banners" with Jon/Sansa's coalition bearing down on Winterfell only to have many if not almost all of them flip on him, ensuring a Stark victory? Or, wildling hatred too much to overcome? What if Umber is the inside guy. Hmmm....
Farmer1906
AG
quote:

SO THIS!

Lady Stoneheart > Get Hype.

Thomas Ford 91
AG
quote:
This show has trained me to manage expectations. I definitely expect a Manderly. And, I expect some sort of speech about who we should be bowing down to and this and that. But, The North Remembers? I'm wary.
I stood in front of the TV giddy with excitement when Ned rode up to the Tower of Joy. I Looked For You was coming! They gave me nothing and wasted 8 minutes on Tyrion making small talk with two ex-slaves. Then, last week they named an episode after a speech and left it out.

I'm back to losing control of my Lady Stoneheart expectations. Too many clues for no fire. This late in the season, Sophie Turner's preseason Two Truths and a Lie tells us what we need to know.

• "Ramsay dies."
  • "Lady Stoneheart returns."
  • "Arya checks three people off her list."

Sophie isn't a book reader and the show list is only 3 people. I think Lady Crane's performance helped Arya understand Cersei's viewpoint, but I don't think understanding is the same thing as forgiveness. So, either Cersei, Walder Frey, and the Mountain die...or Lady Stoneheart makes her debut.

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I really, really don't want LSH to happen on the show.
HummingbirdSaltalamacchia
AG
quote:
Why? i think they have set it up perfectly for her reveal to be jaw dropping
Farmer1906
AG
If the Hound kills the mountain then you have one death. What would be Cersei's punishment? I assume not death so someone would have to kill her. At this point I don't think Frey is in any danger, but at least he's a character again. Old age would be boring so it would have to be a family member killing him or someone someone takes the twins. Thus far no army is concerned with the twins.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
quote:
quote:
This show has trained me to manage expectations. I definitely expect a Manderly. And, I expect some sort of speech about who we should be bowing down to and this and that. But, The North Remembers? I'm wary.
I stood in front of the TV giddy with excitement when Ned rode up to the Tower of Joy. I Looked For You was coming! They gave me nothing and wasted 8 minutes on Tyrion making small talk with two ex-slaves. Then, last week they named an episode after a speech and left it out.

I'm back to losing control of my Lady Stoneheart expectations. Too many clues for no fire. This late in the season, Sophie Turner's preseason Two Truths and a Lie tells us what we need to know.

• "Ramsay dies."
  • "Lady Stoneheart returns."
  • "Arya checks three people off her list."

Sophie isn't a book reader and the show list is only 3 people. I think Lady Crane's performance helped Arya understand Cersei's viewpoint, but I don't think understanding is the same thing as forgiveness. So, either Cersei, Walder Frey, and the Mountain die...or Lady Stoneheart makes her debut.

or......ramsay lives!!!

could you seriously not see Ramsay living? could be captured or escape and be on the run.

Urban Ag
AG
quote:
If the Hound kills the mountain then you have one death. What would be Cersei's punishment? I assume not death so someone would have to kill her. At this point I don't think Frey is in any danger, but at least he's a character again. Old age would be boring so it would have to be a family member killing him or someone someone takes the twins. Thus far no army is concerned with the twins.
Old Man Frey is going to die choking on a rasher of bacon, charred black and crisp
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
quote:
quote:
Why? i think they have set it up perfectly for her reveal to be jaw dropping
There's been too many returns this season, imho.

Jon, Hound, AND LSH in the same season just seems like too much to me. It kind of reduces the stakes of the show. No death would have nearly as much impact going forward.
Farmer1906
AG
He will be hung in his own home.

Urban Ag
AG
I think Ramsay survives basterd bowl. They'll lock him in the kennels for a while and then turn Ghost loose on him.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
my only reason now to not want LSH is just because this is already the season of resurrection and that would make it nearly absurd. i think show only watchers would be like......does anyone really die?!?!?!?!

The following have returned from the dead or presumed dead:

Jon - dead dead or so we were told
The Mountain - should have died by poisoning, resurrected by chemistry (ok it was at the very end of last season)
The Hound - left for dead
Benjen - presumed dead
Euron - albeit it briefly "dead" and brought back by the drowned god

If LSH suddenly appears they will be like...well where is Robb and Joffrey, etc? And the story is going to be she was resurrected 3 years ago.....but we didn't tell you about it.

I also thinks she serves no real purpose that can't be fulfilled by Sansa in the show. Sansa has Brienne who was serving LSH (we believe) in the books. Sansa is on a revenge tour.

BJM1781
AG
Have to agree with you on that. I think it is just too much for the show.
Ozmandius
I get where you guys are coming from, but this show deserves our trust. They have created the most popular show in the world and definitely the shortest hour in my week. If they bring back LSH, then I hope they do as good of a job with it as they did with Jon Snow. I'm not going to presume fan reactions to an event that may or may not happens.

Besides, if LSH comes back then there is a decent argument she will have a greater role in the Winds of Winter, rather than just running around the riverlands hanging Freys.
Thomas Ford 91
AG
quote:

I can't come up with a scenario that brings the Hound to King's Landing this season, especially to fight his brother as the Faith's champion. How would the Faith find him to bring him to KL? Why would he go to KL without being summoned? As of right now, a trial by champion isn't even scheduled, so it isn't like he overhears a conversation about it while eating at a chicken restaurant. There is no plot device for him to go to KL to put him in position to be the Faith's champion within 3 episodes. So, I think CleganeBowl will have to wait for Season 7.

I can't see the show killing Cersei with two seasons remaining.
FightinTexasAg15
AG
quote:
I get where you guys are coming from, but this show deserves our trust. They have created the most popular show in the world and definitely the shortest hour in my week. If they bring back LSH, then I hope they do as good of a job with it as they did with Jon Snow. I'm not going to presume fan reactions to an event that may or may not happens.

Besides, if LSH comes back then there is a decent argument she will have a greater role in the Winds of Winter, rather than just running around the riverlands hanging Freys.

Maybe her role in the show can be to hang all the sand snakes
HeadGames
AG
Might Be able to argue that LSH is someone new in a familiar body? Not really Lady Stark anymore.
Farmer1906
AG
Cersai has mentioned the trial by champion several times already. I could see it happening, but they are running out of the time to get the Hound there. The used last week to set up how the Hound could "find the faith".
Farmer1906
AG
quote:
Might Be able to argue that LSH is someone new in a familiar body? Not really Lady Stark anymore.
Now she's a murder zombie leading a group people that serve the lord of light. Def not the old Cat anymore.
HummingbirdSaltalamacchia
AG
quote:
my only reason now to not want LSH is just because this is already the season of resurrection and that would make it nearly absurd. i think show only watchers would be like......does anyone really die?!?!?!?!

The Mountain - should have died by poisoning, resurrected by chemistry (ok it was at the very end of last season)
Benjen - presumed dead

If LSH suddenly appears they will be like...well where is Robb and Joffrey, etc? And the story is going to be she was resurrected 3 years ago.....but we didn't tell you about it.

I also thinks she serves no real purpose that can't be fulfilled by Sansa in the show. Sansa has Brienne who was serving LSH (we believe) in the books. Sansa is on a revenge tour.

i see where yall are coming from but no show watcher or book reader really thought Jon was dead. The Hound was left for dead and returned but no one was really shocked by it. The mountain was poisoned and in the same episode had qyburn saying he could cure him but "he would be different". Benjen just disappeared but we all knew we would get some sort of closure with him. And Euron i dont think really matters, he was dead all of 2 seconds.

No one else, aside from Jon and Beric, have truly been "killed" and brought back. i really think yall are being overly dramatic with the "omg, does anyone really die? they are bringing everyone back!!"

Its been 1 character. Maybe 2 if you count Benjen.
Farmer1906
AG
They're all coming back.

bobinator
AG
The only one who's truly "come back" that we actually saw die on screen is Snow (at least we think he's all the way back.) The Mountain is a zombie and Benjen is at least partially dead or partially a white walker or something.

It's not quite like 24 style resurrection where it's like "just kidding, they're fine, totally faked their own death."
smokeythebear
AG
quote:

Benjen - presumed dead

THIS!

I'm a show only guy, but I enjoy this thread because it gives me more insight about the GoT world. From what I've heard about LSH, I would most certainly roll my eyes if they brought her back at this point. The Hound was somehow more heroic and was definitely a lose end (well we never SAW him die, so it was always a possibility). But Catlin DEFINITELY had her throat cut wide open and died. Bringing her back three years later and then saying "well we brought her back but just never told you" would be such a cheap and useless move.

Perhaps y'all have some more invested in her since she's been around for a while in your world, but in my world (show only) it would be completely out of character and the definition of "jumping the shark".
MaroonStain
AG
Hound left for dead but lives = okay? The Mountain gets poisoned and deadend but not totally dead = okay? Catelyn gets her throat slit but resurfaces as pseudo-undead gets dreaded Happy Days reference?

You are sexist and hate the women in the show or lack imagination. I ban you from this thread. Crawl back to TV drones only!
COOL LASER FALCON
I'm surprised by the lack of collective "guffaw" from people who have avoided spoilers over The Hound's return. I think if you were in a complete vacuum and Jon and Beric were the only two who had ever really come back from the dead or presumed dead (if I remember right, we knew The Mountain was still somewhat alive by the end of that season), The Hound's reveal would have been way out of left field.
Farmer1906
AG
We forgot all about ****** zombie khal drogo. There is another resurrection.
bobinator
AG
If we're getting pissed about all resurrections, then should we pissed about the entire army of them that's on the way?
McInnis 03
AG
Grrm had gone on the record saying the show decided not to give lady Stonehart a chance.

And as a book reader I thinkSyrio Was a fantastic character.
First Page Last Page
Page 130 of 190

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.