***Official GAME OF THRONES Season 6 (BOOK READERS/SPOILERS ALLOWED)***

842,425 Views | 6639 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by hunter2012
bangobango
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
The person jumping in this picture...

...is not wearing the same clothing that Arya was while she was bleeding all over Braavos.
As I said, more than likely Arya is going to convalesce somewhere for a little bit before getting back into it with the Waif.

Might be because I watched Home Alone this weekend, but I could see her licking her wounds and coming up with some kind of plan or trap for dealing with the Waif.
InternetFan02
AG
quote:
I think probably Arya will have a cat and mouse showdown with the Waif, at which point she will finally best her and defeat her, probably killing her. The Waif's death will satisfy the requirement for a death and free Arya from any more retribution from the Faceless men. She'll then return to Westerosi where she will use her new skills to somehow profoundly influence the conclusion of the story. I could see them re-introducing her wolf at that point and showing Arya as some powerful assassin/wolf warger combo. That's just a wild ass guess, but I could see them going that way.

is that how it works? She just kills the waif and they let her go in peace?
redline248
AG
I don't think we know "how it works." Jaqen did say, however, that one way or another the many faced god would get his life. At the time I think it was implied that either Arya killed the target, or Arya would be killed. It could be that if the waif fails in killing Arya, then the "death owed" is settled.
Hello there
Was just reading that the last 3 episodes will be 59, 60, and 69 minutes long. All are extended.

Get ready for an epic finish, gentlemen.
Hello there
Re: Arya

As we know, the timelines for all the characters don't exactly line up. We've seen Arya in what seems to be a fairly short span of time this season, while people have been travelling all over Westeros in the meantime.

What if Arya is a few months behind the other plotlines, and she will actually be in hiding for a few months while she heals and plans her next move. Maybe she meant to pass herself off as dead to regain the element of surprise.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
quote:
Re: Arya

As we know, the timelines for all the characters don't exactly line up. We've seen Arya in what seems to be a fairly short span of time this season, while people have been travelling all over Westeros in the meantime.

What if Arya is a few months behind the other plotlines, and she will actually be in hiding for a few months while she heals and plans her next move. Maybe she meant to pass herself off as dead to regain the element of surprise.

Or, since the timelines don't match up, they use that fact to completely skip the time it takes her to cross the sea to Westeros, and she doesn't have to be missing for 6 episodes.
SpreadsheetAg
AG
I think it's the guy on Lancels far left:
Thomas Ford 91
AG
If Arya survives being stabbed 3 times in the gut and falling in a canal, I am done with this show. Unless they can somehow justify it with magic.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
quote:
and that is supposed to look like Arya jumping off that balcony.

She's either going to be magically healed, or a period of time will pass and she will heal naturally, OR it's all a ruse like somebody suggested and she's not really stabbed (least likely, in my opinion).

What isn't going to happen: That's not going to Jaquen acting as Arya. That's not some dupe that Arya made look like her to use as bait.

I think probably Arya will have a cat and mouse showdown with the Waif, at which point she will finally best her and defeat her, probably killing her. The Waif's death will satisfy the requirement for a death and free Arya from any more retribution from the Faceless men. She'll then return to Westerosi where she will use her new skills to somehow profoundly influence the conclusion of the story. I could see them re-introducing her wolf at that point and showing Arya as some powerful assassin/wolf warger combo. That's just a wild ass guess, but I could see them going that way.

A big part of Arya's arch and development has been her going from a helpless little girl to somebody who can hold her own against powerful warriors. I think we will get some kind of payoff from that in the end. I don't think they'll just continue to have somebody bail her out of trouble. At some point they have to show that she has grown and is a formidable character in her own right.

I see Jon winning the Iron Throne, and as he is walking up the steps Littlefinger tries to stab him in the back but Arya comes out of nowhere to assassinate him with a Crossbow.

PatAg
AG
quote:
If Arya survives being stabbed 3 times in the gut and falling in a canal, I am done with this show. Unless they can somehow justify it with magic.
I mean, you aren't guaranteed to die from that.
Thomas Ford 91
AG
You know anybody who survived a similar incident?
Stive
AG
quote:

Do you know anyone that's died from that?
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
50 Cent. Minus the water.

Not_Sure
AG
quote:
Wandered over from the show only thread.
Question about Lyanna Mormont: She was Maege Mormont's daughter and Lord Commander Jeor Mormont's niece? Wouldn't she have a different last name if Maege and Jeor were brother and sister since presumably Maege she married someone of another house?

From A Wiki of Ice and Fire:
quote:
Maege has five daughters: her eldest and heir, Dacey, Alysane, Lyra, Jorelle, Lyanna. She has no sons. It is not known who her husband was (he is presumably dead), or why she and her daughters continue to bear the name Mormont, rather than the name of her husband/their father. One possible explanation is that her spouse came from a family of lower nobility, or no nobility at all, than the Mormonts, in which cases the woman's surname can be used instead.
bangobango
AG
quote:

Being stabbed in the stomach is not always fatal as you said earlier. I dont know why you're so hung up on that given what we have seen in this show already.
bangobango
AG
quote:

http://nypost.com/2016/05/11/man-kills-girlfriend-and-her-granddaughter-burns-apartment-cops/
quote:

Bronx girl was stabbed at least five times by a maniac who had just murdered her grandmother but she was still able to run to an upstairs neighbor for help as he set their apartment on fire.

Thomas Ford 91
AG
I have yet to find anyone that survived me stabbing them and tossing them off a bridge. I think i have a large enough data set to conclusively say that getting stabbed in the gut and tossed off a bridge is certain death.
bangobango
AG
quote:
COLLEGE STATION, Texas (KBTX) An arrest has been made after an attack at a College Station apartment left a woman with about 20 stab wounds, a slit throat and two collapsed lungs, according to police.

http://www.kwtx.com/content/news/Texas-woman-stabbed-20-times-but-expected-to-survive-375145491.html
Thomas Ford 91
AG
I don't get the sense that my detractors are associated with the medical community. Or the waste sanitation department. Or a diagram of the human body.
bangobango
AG
quote:
I don't get the sense that my detractors are associated with the medical community. Or the waste sanitation department. Or a diagram of the human body.

It is a show about dragons and Zombies and you're talking about sanitation? Come on man.

I'm just saying, in the big history of mortal wounds the protagonist ultimately survives in the history of Hollywood, living through a stab in the gut is kind of low on the unbelievability scale. Hell, I don't even think it is the most surprising in this series.
Burrus86
AG
quote:
I have yet to find anyone that survived me stabbing them and tossing them off a bridge. I think i have a large enough data set to conclusively say that getting stabbed in the gut and tossed off a bridge is certain death.

Nobody is surviving if you threw them off a Brazos River Bridge AFTER you stabbed them, of course.
Thomas Ford 91
AG
Boobs and dragons, man.
G Martin 87
AG
Soak 3 gut stab wounds in a filthy ship canal in a medieval city without penicillin or a trauma center, and you're going to die. It may take a few days, but it will be extremely unpleasant and certain.

Have the same thing happen to you in 2016 in America, and you'll probably live if you get help quickly.

I'm not a physician. But my dad is a pathologist, and I spent a lot of my teenage years around laboratories, morgues, autopsies, and microscopes.
bangobango
AG
Not to change the topic,but something that did bother me was Bronn's conversation with Jaime where he seemed to indicate he had yet to receive the castle and a noble bride for his service. I thought he already got those things? What am I missing?
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
ummmm.......guys!!!!!!!

Icecream_Ag
S
gut wounds = 100% sure death

this =

Clegenbowl baby

so why are we pissed about Arya possibly surving, but the Hound being 100% (well for the hound anyway) is just accepted???
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
quote:
Not to change the topic,but something that did bother me was Bronn's conversation with Jaime where he seemed to indicate he had yet to receive the castle and a noble bride for his service. I thought he already got those things? What am I missing?

well he was supposed to get married....but Cersei ruined it.

Tyrion offered him some wealth and land to be his champion....but Cersei offered a wife, Lollys Stokeworth, who had a title and land she would inherit.

Bronn took her up on the offer....and leaves at the end of season 4....but....

When Jamie goes to enlist his help for the Dorne expedition to rescue Myrcella he informs him that Cersei has arranged for Willas to wed Lollys instead of him. Jaime, however, tells Bronn that he will get a much better girl and a much better castle once they return. So Bronn agrees.

marble rye
AG
Several of you arguing medical science in a fantasy show? Do you think The Revenent could actually have happened?
marble rye
AG
quote:

Honestly, I think that's the Waif chasing Jaqen.

Agreed bc here is Arya at a younger age having boobs. No boobs in the pic above.

But the pic in this article shows her w boobs again...supports the Fight Club theory.

http://hellogiggles.com/new-game-thrones-theory-arya-stark-really-makes-much-sense/
marble rye
AG
More LSH hints/support:

quote:
The music in the episode's final scene may also prove this theory. Reddit user PrinceInDaNorf pointed out that the background music that plays as The Hound walked through his slaughtered companions is the same music that plays when Catelyn asked Brienne to swear loyalty to her in season 2.
Capstone
AG
Not that it makes a difference, but after a second viewing, it appears to be a single slash followed by two stabs - then Arya gives her a head butt and rolls into the river.
bangobango
AG
quote:
quote:

well he was supposed to get married....but Cersei ruined it.

Tyrion offered him some wealth and land to be his champion....but Cersei offered a wife, Lollys Stokeworth, who had a title and land she would inherit.

Bronn took her up on the offer....and leaves at the end of season 4....but....

When Jamie goes to enlist his help for the Dorne expedition to rescue Myrcella he informs him that Cersei has arranged for Willas to wed Lollys instead of him. Jaime, however, tells Bronn that he will get a much better girl and a much better castle once they return. So Bronn agrees.

Thank you! I had forgotten the maneuverings by Cersei.
PatAg
AG
quote:
quote:

Do you know anyone that's died from that?
ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh ****!
benchmark
AG
quote:
M.C. Swag
AG
Enough with the knife wound prognosis.
First Page Last Page
Page 123 of 190

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.