***Official GAME OF THRONES Season 6 (BOOK READERS/SPOILERS ALLOWED)***

842,103 Views | 6639 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by hunter2012
PatAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Just saying, if she was trying to lay low and purchase passage on a ship, walking around with Needle wouldn't be the way to do it.
smokeythebear
AG
quote:
So who was shown leaping off a roof to a street scene below (in the previews for next week)???? Could it be Jaqen coming to save Arya/and or kill the waif? The waif was also shown again with a bloody knife.

I agree it is possible that Jaqen ends up saving Arya, but if that is the storyline then how ****TY of a story is that that Arya spends YEARS of personal development just to have Jaqen take pity in her and save her. Teaches little girls to just look cute and helpless so some man will come along and "save" you.

Not saying I think this happens, but if it does, it would be VERY disappointing.
ChoppinDs40
AG
The comment earlier about how he only took 2 lives instead of 3 and now gives his own life is in-line with his character. True to his word even in a fked up kind of way. The death god gets his lives one way or the other, kinda poetic.
Really???
quote:
Wandered over from the show only thread.
Question about Lyanna Mormont: She was Maege Mormont's daughter and Lord Commander Jeor Mormont's niece? Wouldn't she have a different last name if Maege and Jeor were brother and sister since presumably Maege she married someone of another house?
Maege kept the family name. It's never explained why.
smokeythebear
AG
quote:
The comment earlier about how he only took 2 lives instead of 3 and now gives his own life is in-line with his character. True to his word even in a fked up kind of way. The death god gets his lives one way or the other, kinda poetic.
I follow that and I wouldn't mind it so much if it followed along the lines of: Jaqen finally repaying her back the life she saved for him (glossing over how we saw him die already once for her mistake). But only if Jaqen shifted into Arya (like some are suggesting) and was willing to be killed in her place by the waif (hence why he told the waif to make it painless). Perhaps he was insulted by the waif that the murder attempt wasn't clean and was indeed meant to make her/him suffer and is now going to kill the waif instead of sacrificing himself.

Under that scenario, at least he kills the waif on his OWN terms, not out of pity for Arya. But still, we don't really see any character development from Arya if she's just sitting in the dark corner by herself as all of this happens. And she still hasn't actually learned anything from the FM except that she doesn't want to become nobody (and a bit of blind fighting that she still hasn't mastered).

What I CAN'T stand is if Arya did all of this, got the waif to go after her, gets stabbed, and goes crawling to Jaqen who then nurses her up and kills the waif for her. That would be total BS.
PMD03
AG
To disguise the true parentage of Lyanna! M+R=L
AggieChemist
AG
smokeythebear
AG
quote:
To disguise the true parentage of Lyanna! M+R=L
R???
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
quote:
quote:
So who was shown leaping off a roof to a street scene below (in the previews for next week)???? Could it be Jaqen coming to save Arya/and or kill the waif? The waif was also shown again with a bloody knife.

It was the waif. I went back to make sure and it shows her face right before she jumps.
there is a cut from the shot of her face (from the side) to the person jumping from the back.

the person jumping looks more like Arya's clothes and hair.

not sure though.

Streetfighter 02
AG
Arya going over the bridge and into the water was very reminiscent of the faceless man (little girl) that makes the foiled assassination attempt on danaerys.
Apache
AG
Also notice Arya's hair the day she gets killed. She wears it down like J'quen does, not in those little mini-Princess Leah side buns that she's been favoring. <drops mike>
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
quote:
quote:

It was the waif. I went back to make sure and it shows her face right before she jumps.

NOT the waif at all.....no way.

Here are the two scenes that are back to back a split second aprt.

Not the same clothes at all....and not the same hair. the waifs hair is lighter and barely to the shoulders. It does not really look like Arya's hair either it is MUCH longer. But it could be just a bad stunt person wig that is not quite right.

Either way there is no way that is supposed to be the waif.

More likely the waif is chasing someone.....who jumps. Likely Arya.

Zombie Jon Snow
AG

Of all the things in the preview though why are we talking about that and not THIS.

EDIT - Pod choked out. That means Brienne is in Riverrun....looks like Riverrun.

by Bronn maybe????

and THIS

isn't that LANCEL about to have his face ripped off by the mountain.

Trident 88
AG
That's Pod, not Gendry.
jabberwalkie09
AG
Yeah thats Podrick the wonder cock. I'm thinking age dry drowned at sea by this point. Either that or he comes back jacked.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
Oh yeah damn...not sure why I thought it was Gendry....I didn't look closely when I freeze framed it.
Thomas Ford 91
AG
Oberyn killed the Mountain. I can accept zombie reanimation.

If zombie Mountain has the same skills as he did in life, then a crippled Hound cannot beat him. If he has less skill, he could be beaten by several different characters, including the Hound.
Stive
AG
That's not Lancel in that pic. It's one of the other sparrows. Lancel was there being told that Cersei chooses violence.....and I can't wait for the Mountain to lay waste to some of those guys.....but that's not Lancel down on the ground.

And I too think it's Bronn messing around with Pod (happy to see him and scaring him from behind).

FightinTexasAg15
AG
benchmark
AG
Yep, I don't think it's the waif jumping. I didn't consider it could be Arya since she was so injured...but, if desperate...
redbaron788
AG
quote:
Arya going over the bridge and into the water was very reminiscent of the faceless man (little girl) that makes the foiled assassination attempt on danaerys.

Not a faceless man, one of the blue lipped warlocks of Qarth.
McInnis 03
AG
I've never been good with hangers like this....had to go reread redditor truede's spoilers.
black_hat_ag
I would like to see the Hound and Arya somehow hook back up. Maybe after she gets a bit older they could be married.

redbaron788
AG
The preview shows Brienne and Pod overlooking the Riverrun siege camp then immediately transitions to a shot of her handing a letter to the Blackfish. Later it shows Brienne and Pod in a boat, at night, with a third person*

*not actually shown in the boat, but the framing is suspicious

That shot of Bronn and Pod was also in the second season trailer, old hat chum

Are the dragons released in Meereen or is that Dany finally returned?
Malcolm52
AG
quote:
I would like to see the Hound and Arya somehow hook back up. Maybe after she gets a bit older they could be married.

smokeythebear
AG
quote:
The preview shows Brienne and Pod overlooking the Riverrun siege camp then immediately transitions to a shot of her handing a letter to the Blackfish. Later it shows Brienne and Pod in a boat, at night, with a third person*

*not actually shown in the boat, but the framing is suspicious

That shot of Bronn and Pod was also in the second season trailer, old hat chum

Are the dragons released in Meereen or is that Dany finally returned?
Well Tyrion did release the other two dragons, though we still haven't seen them ranging about so they COULD still be hiding in the pyramid.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
quote:
That's not Lancel in that pic. It's one of the other sparrows. Lancel was there being told that Cersei chooses violence.....and I can't wait for the Mountain to lay waste to some of those guys.....but that's not Lancel down on the ground.

And I too think it's Bronn messing around with Pod (happy to see him and scaring him from behind).

Possible. It looks like Lancel though. Not sure. It was very quick. Has the same hair and symbol on the forehead but they all do I guess. But looking at the group at the start its not the others that are behind or to the right of Lancel they look different enough. Its either Lancel or the one on his left when looking at him.
ShawnTxAg
AG
That is the Lannister cousin fixing to have his face ripped off, he has the brand on his forehead.
smokeythebear
AG
quote:
quote:

Possible. It looks like Lancel though. Not sure. It was very quick. Has the same hair and symbol on the forehead but they all do I guess. But looking at the group at the start its not the others that are behind or to the right of Lancel they look different enough. Its either Lancel or the one on his left when looking at him.
I guess Bron and Pod did travel quite a bit together, huh? Interesting conundrum for them both (not to mention the Jaime and Breanne relationship).
ChoppinDs40
AG
exactly - which isn't going to happen - there are some writing flaws and lack of attention to some detail in the show but there's no way they're going to fk up Arya's story that bad - she's been the biggest "hope they get revenge" character the whole show. Hell - she's been wandering around for 5 seasons hoping to get it - she's going to get it.
redbaron788
AG
Tyrion unchained the dragons but they were still contained in that dungeon

That is definitely not Lancel, the links of his chain are smaller than the ones in that photo
bangobango
AG
That doesn't look anything like Lancel.
redbaron788
AG
quote:
That doesn't look anything like Lancel.

But he's got the same shaved head, and forehead tattoo, and no beard too!
bangobango
AG
and that is supposed to look like Arya jumping off that balcony.

She's either going to be magically healed, or a period of time will pass and she will heal naturally, OR it's all a ruse like somebody suggested and she's not really stabbed (least likely, in my opinion).

What isn't going to happen: That's not going to Jaquen acting as Arya. That's not some dupe that Arya made look like her to use as bait.

I think probably Arya will have a cat and mouse showdown with the Waif, at which point she will finally best her and defeat her, probably killing her. The Waif's death will satisfy the requirement for a death and free Arya from any more retribution from the Faceless men. She'll then return to Westerosi where she will use her new skills to somehow profoundly influence the conclusion of the story. I could see them re-introducing her wolf at that point and showing Arya as some powerful assassin/wolf warger combo. That's just a wild ass guess, but I could see them going that way.

A big part of Arya's arch and development has been her going from a helpless little girl to somebody who can hold her own against powerful warriors. I think we will get some kind of payoff from that in the end. I don't think they'll just continue to have somebody bail her out of trouble. At some point they have to show that she has grown and is a formidable character in her own right.
G Martin 87
AG
The person jumping in this picture...

...is not wearing the same clothing that Arya was while she was bleeding all over Braavos...

Honestly, I think that's the Waif chasing Jaqen.

EDIT: Here's Arya from behind on the bridge:

First Page Last Page
Page 122 of 190

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.