***Official GAME OF THRONES Season 6 (BOOK READERS/SPOILERS ALLOWED)***

842,642 Views | 6639 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by hunter2012
Brian Earl Spilner
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
If we're talking claims based on Baratheon lineage

redline248
AG
Why is Bran crossed out?
OnlyForNow
AG
And Rickon
Farmer1906
AG
Because those story lines have been finished or continued.
CivilAg10
AG

Edit: What aggie1906 said
redline248
AG
Yeah, I totally overlooked Blackfish and Asha/Yara, and thought it was just characters that were dead.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I wonder how many episodes have to go by before we can throw the Sand Snakes in there. (Not that I'm complaining.)
Farmer1906
AG
I say 5. That is half a normal season. The dogs went right away though.
Al Bula
AG
quote:
It would fall to Margarey, and then any male heir if she were to have one. If not, she could remarry and the throne would then go her new husband, I think.
A Great Council would be held. It would not "fall" to anyone.

The Great Council may very well decide to give the throne to the Tyrells who are very popular.

Claimants possible in the show only:
Margaery - Pretty weak unless she turns out to be pregnant by Tommen
Head of House Velaryon - This would be a stretch in the show since this House isn't featured much, but the Velaryons do have quite a bit of Targaryen blood. This House revolted against Joff/Tommen but not sure it would matter in a Great Council
Gendry - Unlikely unless he was backed by the smallfolk or a legitmacy decree was discovered after Robert's death
Other basterds of Robert's like Edric Storm - See above, would have to be backed by smallfolk or legitimized some other way
Dany - Most likely
smokeythebear
AG
quote:
The High Sparrow will have Tommen assassinated with clues pointing at the Tyrells. Margaery will gleefully take the Iron Throne. Lannister vs Tyrell with the Faith Militant swooping in to pick up the pieces.
There's NO WAY the High Sparrow would have someone assassinated. I totally agree that he is conniving and tricky, but he's only considered a "bad guy" because he's messing up everyone's plans to rule the kingdom. I believe that he really is a good person who is trying to spread the message of living a pious life. That's just not well received by many of the other power brokers in KL.
smokeythebear
AG
How come Benjen was never in it?
Farmer1906
AG
quote:
How come Benjen was never in it?
Because someone dropped the damn ball.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Good point. Then again didn't he have like 5 minutes of total screentime? The only reason people remembered him is cause he was a Stark.
smokeythebear
AG
Yea, I don't really see any way that a Lannister would have a claim to the throne. Being next in line for Casterly Rock has nothing to do with being next in line for the Seven Kingdoms.

In terms of simple "rules of succession", I can't imagine many people would just call for Dany to come take a seat. Her family was very clearly removed from power forcibly. All seven kingdoms declared loyalty to the Baratheon bloodline and denounced the Targaryen bloodline. This means a distant Baratheon cousin would be in line before a Targaryen in pure "rules of succession". That being said, she could certainly make a case to switch everyone back to her allegiance, but that would be more by act of force than by "rules of succession".
smokeythebear
AG
quote:
Good point. Then again didn't he have like 5 minutes of total screentime? The only reason people remembered him is cause he was a Stark.
Yet the dogs made the boat????
ja86
AG
gendry hadn't started rowing yet. Benjen had no boat to get in....
smokeythebear
AG
Can we get Nymeria in there too? Soon it will just be Gendry and a bunch of dogs.
AgLaw02
AG
quote:
There's NO WAY the High Sparrow would have someone assassinated. I totally agree that he is conniving and tricky, but he's only considered a "bad guy" because he's messing up everyone's plans to rule the kingdom. I believe that he really is a good person who is trying to spread the message of living a pious life. That's just not well received by many of the other power brokers in KL.
He's a good person. Just like the Taliban. They're just trying to get people to live pious lives, right? It's not their fault that torturing people for minor crimes isn't well received.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Haven't the sparrows gone around the city, beating people in the streets?
redline248
AG
quote:

Yes. And wasted all the wine/ale
M.C. Swag
AG
What about that whole plotline with the Bankers of Braavos? lol Wasn't that supposed to go somewhere?
ja86
AG
and closed all the Bordellos.... poor LF losing all that income....
smokeythebear
AG
Haha, yea I'm not sure if the Faith of the Seven has all that in common with the Taliban, but I get your point.

You're right that many of the sparrows are quite zealous, but I don't think the High Sparrow himself is purposely trying to be dastardly enough to attempt an assassination. This is from his wiki: "Although the High Sparrow seems a harmless old man, he has a will of steel. His pious devotion is genuine and deep-rooted, hiding no ulterior political motives. As a result, he cannot be bribed or easily intimidated."

In fact, I think the High Sparrow is quite excited to have Tommen in his congregation. Perhaps Tommen can learn some leadership skills from him. He's certainly a better influence than Tommen's mom.
smokeythebear
AG
quote:
quote:

Yes. And wasted all the wine/ale
WAIT WHAT?!?!?!?! OH ****, I TOTALLY FORGOT THIS! **** THOSE A**HOLES!!
smokeythebear
AG
quote:
What about that whole plotline with the Bankers of Braavos? lol Wasn't that supposed to go somewhere?
Haha, yea toss the bankers in the boat too!
Post removed:
by user
Farmer1906
AG
Bankers are going to back Dorne in their attack on King's Landing.
redline248
AG
Yeah, what's the source on that wiki? One can argue he already took a bribe when he made a deal with Cersei to reinstate that faith militant. That was a political move.

Also, we don't know anything about him other than hearsay.
smokeythebear
AG
Still, enforcing a strict religious law isn't accomplished by assassinating a teenage king that is widely liked by the people of the city.
BigAggie06
AG
quote:
Still, enforcing a strict religious law isn't accomplished by assassinating a teenage king that is widely liked by the people of the city.

I like how you phrased that "people of the city" I mean really isn't Tommen just king of Kings Landing, Casterly Rock and The Freys at this point?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
quote:
Bankers are going to back Dorne in their attack on King's Landing.
How would that accomplish them getting their Stannis money back?
smokeythebear
AG
quote:
Yeah, what's the source on that wiki? One can argue he already took a bribe when he made a deal with Cersei to reinstate that faith militant. That was a political move.
What was the bribe? She offered him to reinstate the faith militant and he accepted. If she did it intending to get in his good graces, then she was mistaken because he soon had her behind bars.

No one is saying he doesn't make political moves, just that he doesn't hide any ulterior political motivations. He's never saying one thing but meaning another and he's never trying to sneak up on someone and kill them just for his own personal gain.

I mean, he's clearly a villain in the show, but I just think he's probably pretty predictable in motivations and priorities. He knows all the high born families in Kings Landing are full of corruption and greed and he plans to hold them accountable for their actions. Doesn't go much further than that really.
Buck O Five
AG
The High Sparrow said he didn't have the power to call off the walk of atonement, only the higher power could do that. Then the king and queen agree join forces with the HS and poof, no walk of atonement needed. That's deceptive.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
That's because the HS is full of ****.
First Page Last Page
Page 113 of 190

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.