***Official GAME OF THRONES Season 6 (BOOK READERS/SPOILERS ALLOWED)***

843,581 Views | 6639 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by hunter2012
WoMD
How long do you want to ignore this user?
When does Ramsay get his moment of redemption, and turn into a bad guy you are almost rooting for (like jaime)? I think he turns it around soon.
AggieSouth06
Episode 8-10 names... Nothing too surprising given where the storylines are going but cool names.

Episode 8 - "No One"
Episode 9 - "Battle of the *******s"
Episode 10- "The Winds of Winter"
gougler08
AG
I'm surprised they flat out called it Battle of the *******s
MaroonStain
AG
What is Battle of the asterisks?
MaroonStain
AG
....Rickon is next in line for King of Winterfell/North...
OnlyForNow
AG
Basturds
Mathguy64
AG
BasterdDome. Two basterds enter. One basterd leaves.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
So that also presumes any R+L=J reveal is after episode 9 since he would still be a "*******" at that point.

Damn I thought that might be revealed before.
Atreides Ornithopter
AG
quote:
So that also presumes any R+L=J reveal is after episode 9 since he would still be a "*******" at that point.

Damn I thought that might be revealed before.
Wouldn't he still be one even after a reveal. He hasn't been legitimized and R and L weren't married.? His last name might change
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
Well we don't know that. Nobody knows if R+L were married or not.

Targs could (by their own ancient Valyrian laws or customs) have multiple wives. It was frowned upon but still done sometimes. If we also saw a flashback of a R+L wedding that would make him legit. Also (in the books) on the iron islands they have trueborn wives and freeborn wives and so called salt wives. Those born from salt wives can inherit if a noble has not trueborn male heirs.

It is true that after Aegon the Conqueror the Targs in Westeros practiced the Faith of the Seven which does consider it a sin. So it's unlikely I suppose.

Plus arguing whether he is legitimate or not in the era of the Baratheons is ironic.

Who knows. I just can't imagine he is still considered a ******* after R+L reveal. Seems like thats just trading one name for another and doesn't escalate his claim/power/status the way I would expect.

If he isn't legitimized some way then R+L=J is just fun and interesting, it doesn't have any real impact. The only thing it would change is perception about Eddard and I'm not sure that makes much difference now.
Geo Gator 03
What if it isn't R + L? What if it's Mad King + L? He wasn't married or I missed it completely. Rhegar was suppose to be noble and of good character by all accounts, what if he was just doing as ordered by his King/father and took the wrap as the bad guy in the situation. The mad King could have kidnapped her, married her and Jon would be the trueborn heir.
jenn96
AG
The king was married to Danys mother. And the rest just...didn't happen.
jenn96
AG
quote:

Who knows. I just can't imagine he is still considered a ******* after R+L reveal. Seems like thats just trading one name for another and doesn't escalate his claim/power/status the way I would expect.

If he isn't legitimized some way then R+L=J is just fun and interesting, it doesn't have any real impact. The only thing it would change is perception about Eddard and I'm not sure that makes much difference now.

See I feel the exact opposite. R+L=J is utterly irrelevant to the Iron Throne or really, to anyone in Westeros. It doesn't matter one bit. Even if Jon is a legitimate son of Rhaegor (which I do not think he is) then he's still heir of a deposed prince. Who has never, at any time, been interested in the Iron Throne. This isn't the kind of story where a "true" prince shows up and everyone throws down swords to support their new rightful king. I personally don't think very many people will ever find out.

Why it matters is because of the combination of bloodlines and what THAT means in context of the WW and the coming battle between them and the Dragons. What is the Song of Ice and Fire? Especially if the first WW was a Stark (which may be the case) and Targaryians have Fire magic in their blood. Jon may be AA, or may not - perhaps he'll become a Walker, this is GRRM after all - but I think he's important to the final battle/confrontation between the two forces. But I don't think any of it has anything to do with power, claim to the throne or anything else.

OnlyForNow
AG
You brought up Jon becoming a WW. Regardless of the R+L=J theory, he is still a Stark most likely.

If the first WW was also a stark, I see his rebirth after death and his Stark heritage playing a major role in him with becoming a WW, and ending their fight or him just being the key cog in destroying them.

Again, I think Oathkeeper and Widows Wail will come back into the story somehow, and a Stark will be in possession of one or both of them at the final battle.
Really???
I don't think some of you really understand the themes of these books.

Lines of succession, genealogy, hereditary rules, oaths - none of them matter. At all. Power lies with where people believe it to.
Buck O Five
AG
It is a testament to the depth of this series that they host a play that shows a politically biased and somewhat uninformed view of the events we saw first hand. Very clever, and hard to pull off, but they did.
nikator
AG
quote:
I don't think some of you really understand the themes of these books.

Lines of succession, genealogy, hereditary rules, oaths - none of them matter. At all. Power lies with where people believe it to.
Yet somehow some of these houses like the Martells, Starks, Arryns and Lannisters were ruling their corner of Westeros for thousands of years.

The Riverlands were much more turbulent and they along with the Reach and the Stormlands saw a change at the top as a result of Aegon's conquest.
PatAg
AG
meh
El Hombre Mas Guapo
AG
It was a set up episode...
PatAg
AG
Pretty sure House Glover has the silver first on red.
PatAg
AG
Sam taking the sword..don't understand. That story line is so different from the books, I don't get it.
AggieChemist
AG
Benjen = cold hands confirmed.
Pignorant
AG
quote:
Sam taking the sword..don't understand. That story line is so different from the books, I don't get it.

Gotta use that Valyrian steel to kill some white walkers.
marble rye
AG
The sword is valaryian steel. He knows it can kill WWs. And bc **** his dad, that's why.

How can it be different from the books? Is it in one of the WoW sneak chapters?
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
ok maybe a filler episode but alot has changed.

1. Benjen is BACK holy hell....and he seems to know what Bran needs to do thats good.
2. Blackfish and the Freys and the whole Riverrun will be interesting especially with Jaime headed there
3. The faith militant and high sparrow pulled a major coup - way to go Margaery you played right into their hands

and probably the biggest....

4. Dany is ready to roll and literally rain fire down on Westeros...game on!!!!!!

Drogon grew huge, he looked amazing. I thought the other 2 dragons were going to fly in too...but it was still pretty awesome.

Alot of setup but it was needed...it has me very excited about the last 4 episodes.
marble rye
AG
Drogon has been allowed to fly free and feed. I think the other two will catch up but never be as big. The black dragon when spoken of in the books was the most rebellious/independent and biggest.
aggietony2010
AG
The preview for next week was more exciting than the episode. Gotta do set up for the good ones I guess.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
quote:
Drogon has been allowed to fly free and feed. I think the other two will catch up but never be as big. The black dragon when spoken of in the books was the most rebellious/independent and biggest.
yeah he is the alpha for sure. and always will be dany's.
marble rye
AG
Can't wait for him to fry people.
MaroonStain
AG
Benjen, Heartsbane and one MFBA Drogon!!! That 60 minutes went by a lot faster than the Aggie baseball championship today.

Great episode!
marble rye
AG
quote:

2. Blackfish and the Freys and the whole Riverrun will be interesting especially with Jaime headed there

Remind me why this is important? Just to show the Riverlands the Lannisters run ***?

And who was the nephew? I've completely forgotten that.
MaroonStain
AG
Oh and good point... BENJEN = COLDHANDS. Doubters put in timeout.
marble rye
AG
The damn producers of the show came out and distinctly denied that Benjen was Coldhands as did Martin.

Just goes to show...don't trust them. They even lie to their wives to keep the plot under wraps.
AgDev01
AG
quote:

And who was the nephew? I've completely forgotten that.

You mean Edmure Tully the Lord of the Riverlands?
First Page Last Page
Page 103 of 190

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.