***Official GAME OF THRONES Season 6 (BOOK READERS/SPOILERS ALLOWED)***

843,324 Views | 6639 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by hunter2012
Zombie Jon Snow
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
quote:

2. Blackfish and the Freys and the whole Riverrun will be interesting especially with Jaime headed there

Remind me why this is important? Just to show the Riverlands the Lannisters run ***?

And who was the nephew? I've completely forgotten that.

The nephew was Lord Edmure Tully he is Lysa and Catelyn's younger brother. He was the one married to Roslin Frey at the Red Wedding and the Freys have been holding him prisoner ever since as a protection from retaliation. Robb was supposed to marry her remember, but they pressured Edmure to do it instead hoping to appease the Freys with that because Robb already married Talisa.

I'm not sure how important it is by itself, but with the Riverrun army under the Blackfish (Brynden Tully - uncle to Catelyn and Lysa) and the Vale army under Littlefinger basically....they are planning to attack the Freys and/or Winterfell together to take the north. Jaime is being sent there with a Lannister army though to take back Riverrun. So its just looking like a big showdown, everything amassing in the north. So presumably the Freys will use Edmure as bait, trade or somesuch in the attempt to take back Riverrun.
Capstone
AG
It's possible that the show combines Benjen and Cold Hands and the books doesn't. Benjen = Cold Hands is maybe too predictable for GRRM.
HoustonAg05
AG
I actually think Marg is counter-manipulating the sparrow.

I actually like the episode as a book reader, lot of nice payouts. Excited to see the mad king in the visions.
titanmaster_race
BEN ****ING JEN

!!!!!!!!
titanmaster_race
The freys mentioning the brotherhood without banners and a plotline focusing on the Riverlands now....

So......ummm........maybe there might be room for lady stoneheart still?????
gougler08
AG
quote:
The freys mentioning the brotherhood without banners and a plotline focusing on the Riverlands now....

People will lose their **** if that happens
marble rye
AG
Ah yes. Sorry. It's been forever since I read the books and I only seem to recall random details.

For some reason, I had in my mind that the Blackfish and the nephew were both the same brother to Cat.
wangus12
AG
Good set-up. These 6 episodes moved fast but I think the next 4 will be light speed. Downside, GF sat down with me and watched and wouldn't stop asking questions. She's seen 2 episodes of the 1st season.
marble rye
AG
quote:

I hope so. Imagine the convo between her and Sansa:

Sansa: "Hello mother. After multiple defilings and exposure to the biggest *******s in Westeros, I've decided being a lady is ****ing overrated."

LS: "garglegarglegargle"
wangus12
AG
Also, I look forward to Winter completely ****ing up the Dothraki.
titanmaster_race
quote:
quote:

Sansa: "Hello mother. After multiple defilings and exposure to the biggest *******s in Westeros, I've decided being a lady is ****ing overrated."

Only conversation I care to hear from Stoneheart is "Any last words, frey?"
Furlock Bones
AG
quote:
quote:

Mother, maybe you shouldn't have repeatedly abandoned your kids. **** you.
The Dog Lord
AG
Already mentioned, but biggest things for me:

-Drogon is effing huge
-Definitely potential for Lady Stoneheart
-It did seem like Benjen knew more about Bran's destiny, so hopefully we get more before the season is done
-Arya is effing done with that part of her story. Let's see what happens next. Where will she try to go first?
MaroonStain
AG
Arya ----> Danaerys? ? ?
redline248
AG
First thing is a waif 'bout to see some needlework.
redline248
AG
The preview looked to show Theon and Yara in Volantis (the long bridge). Maybe Arya runs into them and ends up in Mereen? Too much to hope Arya kills Theon...
lne2011
AG
So, Yara and Theon are replacing Victarion in the show it seems.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
quote:
So, Yara and Theon are replacing Victarion in the show it seems.

easier than introducing another greyjoy i suppose.
PatAg
AG
quote:

-Drogon is effing huge
-It did seem like Benjen knew more about Bran's destiny, so hopefully we get more before the season is done
-Arya is effing done with that part of her story. Let's see what happens next. Where will she try to go first?
Wouldn't say she is done yet, that blonde girl has been sent to kill her.
The Dog Lord
AG
quote:
quote:

-Drogon is effing huge

True, but I just really don't see her dying at this point. What if she were to kill the Waif which satisfies the "one way or another, a face will be added to the hall" thing, and they still let her join for some reason? That'd be a twist I wouldn't see coming.
nikator
AG
So a fat guy slowed down with a woman and a baby steals a priceless Valyrian sword and is somehow going to get faster to the citadel than his pissed of warrior father, who will likely chase him to the ends of the earth to get such a valuable relic back? And when his father with a bunch of warriors at his bag catches up with him, how exactly is Ser Piggy going to stop him?

I do not mind the show going off on a tangent. I really object to half assed plot development.
nikator
AG
So now that Jamie is no longer in the Kingsguard, does he become Lord of Casterly Rock?
The Dog Lord
AG
quote:
So a fat guy slowed down with a woman and a baby steals a priceless Valyrian sword and is somehow going to get faster to the citadel than his pissed of warrior father, who will likely chase him to the ends of the earth to get such a valuable relic back? And when his father with a bunch of warriors at his bag catches up with him, how exactly is Ser Piggy going to stop him?

I do not mind the show going off on a tangent. I really object to half assed plot development.

Maybe he meets a Maester that knows a trick or two to help...I'll admit that I was kind of thinking something similar though. He knows where he is headed assuming he still goes to the Citadel. If he isn't going there, his prospects still aren't good for the reasons you mentioned.
PatAg
AG
quote:
So now that Jamie is no longer in the Kingsguard, does he become Lord of Casterly Rock?
Good question, I was never clear if he renounced all claims, and Uncle Kevan is Lord?
Skillet Shot
quote:
quote:

Brienne is heading South to meet with Blackfish.
Jamie is leading the Lannister army to take back the riverlands from Blackfish.
Mention of brotherhood without banners.
Cat Zombie is definitely happening.
nikator
AG
quote:
quote:
Good question, I was never clear if he renounced all claims, and Uncle Kevan is Lord?
In the books Cersei is Lady of Casterly Rock. She would be ahead of Kevan...Many of the Lordships do not follow Salic Law, unlike the Iron Throne which passed over female heirs a few times starting with after Jaeherys I the Conciliator
nikator
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

Brienne is heading South to meet with Blackfish.
Jamie is leading the Lannister army to take back the riverlands from Blackfish.
Mention of brotherhood without banners.
Cat Zombie is definitely happening.
Ian McShane is playing the Elder Brother and Thoros of Myr will make a reappearance...will be cool to see the Cat Zombie
nikator
AG
http://www.vox.com/2016/5/29/11808242/game-of-thrones-season-6-recap-benjen-stark

quote:
Interestingly, though, Martin appears to have privately debunked this theory, so far as it related to his books. A manuscript of the most recent book, A Dance with Dragons, stored at Texas A&M's Cushing Library contains some handwritten margin notes between Martin and his editor Anne Groell. And when Groell wrote a comment asking, "Is this Benjen? I think it's Benjen," Martin responded to her with a simple "NO."
Any of you checked this out at Cushing?
SeattleAgJr
quote:
http://www.vox.com/2016/5/29/11808242/game-of-thrones-season-6-recap-benjen-stark

quote:
Interestingly, though, Martin appears to have privately debunked this theory, so far as it related to his books. A manuscript of the most recent book, A Dance with Dragons, stored at Texas A&M's Cushing Library contains some handwritten margin notes between Martin and his editor Anne Groell. And when Groell wrote a comment asking, "Is this Benjen? I think it's Benjen," Martin responded to her with a simple "NO."
Any of you checked this out at Cushing?
it is no longer available for viewing (for now) after this was discovered.
JAggie2007
AG
quote:

Okay so it seems like you're a fairly level headed book reader, and I pretty much agree with much of what you have said after this comment, but this comment seems like complaining just to complain. I don't know what you wanted of this scene since its not in the books might not ever be.
Urban Ag
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

-Drogon is effing huge

True, but I just really don't see her dying at this point. What if she were to kill the Waif which satisfies the "one way or another, a face will be added to the hall" thing, and they still let her join for some reason? That'd be a twist I wouldn't see coming.
Arya's story is a GRRM can't figure out WTF to do with it story. She's not going back to the Faceless Men. All of this BS in Bravos was just fluff. She'll slip back to Westeros and do something semi-important.
Urban Ag
AG
quote:
This is setting up well to my theory that Jamie will impregnate Brienne, later die, and ultimately Brienne will sit as Regent of Casterly Rock while her son from Jamie grows up. We shall see.

Urban Ag
AG
quote:

Agreed, just can't see where taking Heartsbane is going.

My guess is that in taking the sword, Sam has decided to head north.

Maybe not, who knows. That move was just such nonsense.
Urban Ag
AG
quote:
quote:

Okay so it seems like you're a fairly level headed book reader, and I pretty much agree with much of what you have said after this comment, but this comment seems like complaining just to complain. I don't know what you wanted of this scene since its not in the books might not ever be.
It's a valid point from a book reader. Randal Tarly is one of the most powerful men in Westeros. He is essentially the Supreme Commander of all of King's Landing military and acts as both a general and provincial governor. The sword is actually a big ******* deal, such to the extent that he would have Sam hunted down to the extreme to get it back. Like a really big deal from a book reader perspective.
dixie whiskey
AG
apologies if this is ridiculous, but a friend tonight mentioned a theory he read about bran. basically bran somehow tries to go back and warn the mad king to burn bodies to prevent them from turning to wights, but he misunderstands, thus "burn them all." granted this is a bit of a stretch, but its worth considering given what we saw tonight. just wanted to throw it out there for any opinions.
First Page Last Page
Page 104 of 190

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.