***Official GAME OF THRONES Season 6 (BOOK READERS/SPOILERS ALLOWED)***

843,571 Views | 6639 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by hunter2012
Hudson2508
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
One of the worst fan theories and there are a lot of them.
McInnis 03
AG
Just got done reading the world of ice and fire. I am now convinced fully that an ice Dragon is gong to enter this mess before it's done.
The Debt
I think it has a lot to do with the descriptions GRRM uses.

People think Jacen after arya = the citadel dude in one of the prologues, because of the crooked nose and hair.

People think HR=HS because tattered, shoeless, some other things.
Farmer1906
AG
quote:
Just got done reading the world of ice and fire. I am now convinced fully that an ice Dragon is gong to enter this mess before it's done.
The Debt
quote:
like awakening from dragonstone?
McInnis 03
AG
The way this "almanac" is written is that there are parts written almost as hints.....You can tell as you're reading it....ie: "it is said one day a great khal will rise up and unite all the khalasars and again head west" Well, that seems to have just happened in a way.

The way he focuses on the ice dragons rubs me the same way.....That and the whole "of ice and fire"thing.
The Dog Lord
AG
quote:
I think it has a lot to do with the descriptions GRRM uses.

People think Jacen after arya = the citadel dude in one of the prologues, because of the crooked nose and hair.

People think HR=HS because tattered, shoeless, some other things.

To be fair, the Citadel dude killed a guy, so his behavior is very Jaqen-like too.
The Debt

Swing Your Saber
Yeah I agree. I put it down to Martin likes to have (sometimes annoyingly) unreliable narrators who mistake identities semi regularly. Often identified by similar character descriptions. So on its face it's not hard to see how two characters w/a similar description would raise red flags for people who read the books close enough to notice.

I do think whoever the high sparrow actually is might be significant.
marble rye
AG
quote:

I think that's the only reason Euron is being introduced. Valaryian horn awakens it.
Swing Your Saber
In the show (may not correlate w/books) we know the High Sparrow lies about his origins. He originally said he took off his shoes & gave them to a poor person. Now he says he's a cobbler who walked out on them after a party. Truth is probably something completely different.
Swing Your Saber
What does he say about ice dragons?
redline248
AG
quote:
In the show (may not correlate w/books) we know the High Sparrow lies about his origins. He originally said he took off his shoes & gave them to a poor person. Now he says he's a cobbler who walked out on them after a party. Truth is probably something completely different.

That's a good catch, completely forgot about the first part. He told that to Cersei, right?
hunter2012
AG
quote:

McInnis 03
AG
The book is written from the perspective of a maester. He gives a history of the kings of the seven kingdoms and then a world history in geographical sequence. When discussing the remainder of the world that is lesser explored he breaks to the shivering sea and that is where he breaks off about ice dragons and gives a detail of their description and versed history. He closes it with the fact that nobody alive has seen one but that their existence is nearly a sure thing. It had a cliffhanger feel. I'll peruse it a today to be sure how I received it.
FIDO95
AG
The rumor I have always seen as that a dragon resides under Winterfell. It's what keeps the pond in the godswood warm as well as the water the runs through the walls of Winterfell. Perhaps that is what Willis aka Hodor saw in the crypts that messed him up. Perhaps the one that Bran "will fly". Of course if it keeps things warm it is not an ice dragon?!?
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
SpreadsheetAg
AG
He also wrote this book back in the 1980s which has a very ASOIAF feel to it: (it's a very short read)
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
More like Never Ending Story.
SpreadsheetAg
AG
Lots of Parallels to The Ice Queen legends from ASOIAF in that one.

Spoilers:
Her brother goes off to fight some large dragon army and is a dragon rider.

She is different because the cold never affects her and she is much happier in winter rather than summer. She finds the ice dragon and learns to ride it. As summer comes the ice dragon fades away. Her family is moving south to escape some army and find food.

She stays back with her ice dragon buddy.
AggieChemist
AG
quote:
Looks like a large S possibly?
Fuggin Slytherin.
wangus12
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
And if the hypothesis about Reed being the high sparrow was true, I bet a lot of people would change their tune real quick.
It's not.
it simply cannot be.

He was at the Tourney at Harrenhal.....literally a thousand people would recognize him many of which are in KL now.

Jaime for one (ok he left early, but still he likely met or saw him).

But you have to understand also that....not just the knights listed were at the Tourney. There were many many many spectators AND many many many servants of the knights and royalty there.

All 4 Stark children were there (Brandon, Eddard, Lyanna, and Benjen) it would make sense other families were there.

Others who were there for sure and are alive (some only in books):

Mace Tyrell - in KL again now
Jon Connington - book only
Lord Yohn Royce - the guy overseeing Robyn
Ser Richard Lonmouth - book only
Lord Eon Hunter - present at Tyrions trial by combat in the Vale

other families there:
Dustins (Barrowton), Hornwoods (Moose), Mormonts (Bear) and Manderlys (Mermen), Freys (Two Towers), Blounts (Porcupine) and Haighs (Pitchfork)

I find it logically nearly impossible that he would not be recognized.

The thing is, nobody in the South has seen him since Robert's Rebellion for the most part. He stays in the marshes on a floating city/keep which is constantly moving. Even the younger Stark kids probably haven't seen him. They definitely didn't know who Jojen and Meera were. People change a lot in 20+ years. Granted I still agree with you. HS isn't HR.
The Dog Lord
AG
quote:
The rumor I have always seen as that a dragon resides under Winterfell. It's what keeps the pond in the godswood warm as well as the water the runs through the walls of Winterfell. Perhaps that is what Willis aka Hodor saw in the crypts that messed him up. Perhaps the one that Bran "will fly". Of course if it keeps things warm it is not an ice dragon?!?
Yeah, I've heard the dragon under Winterfell theory, but it seems like it would be a normal dragon due to the heat. There have also been discussions about an ice dragon being inside the Wall. Jon mentions ice dragons several times, including once when he says passing through the tunnel under the Wall is like passing through an ice dragon's belly.

Say an ice dragon does make an appearance. What would its purpose be? I see the purpose of Dany's dragons in battling the WW, but I'm not sure what an ice dragon would do. Is it possible that it would be used by the WW?
OnlyForNow
AG
I don't think the "ice dragon" necessarily shoots ice or cold out of it's mouth, just that it is ice blue or something of that nature.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
quote:
In the next episode, he'll tell someone about how he got his scars.
Farmer1906
AG
quote:
I don't think the "ice dragon" necessarily shoots ice or cold out of it's mouth, just that it is ice blue or something of that nature.
Wouldn't that just make it a blue dragon?
Thomas Ford 91
AG
I hope there isn't an ice dragon. If so, how long until it has a Coors Light tattoo on its underbelly?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Ice dragon will obviously be a Dragon version of a White Walker.
AggieChemist
AG
YETI Ice dragon costs eleventy billion gold and has to be financed by the Iron Bank.

RTIC Ice dragon is only 500,000 gold but is backordered until Winter.
SoTXAg09
AG
quote:
YETI Ice dragon costs eleventy billion gold and has to be financed by the Iron Bank.

RTIC Ice dragon is only 500,000 gold but is backordered until Winter.

Someone wander off from the Outdoor Board?
bangobango
AG
Yeah, if there is an ice dragon, I'm guessing it fights for the white walkers, not the humans.
Icecream_Ag
S
quote:
Yeah, if there is an ice dragon, I'm guessing it fights for the white walkers, not the humans.
until Arya says "my name is no one. You ate my wolf, prepare to die!"
The Dog Lord
AG
Some have mentioned that maybe all of the references to an ice dragon are just another hint about Jon's parents. They mentioned that it would be pretty legit for him to have a Targaryen sigil but in the stark colors (it might look like an ice dragon).
PatAg
AG
quote:
quote:

I'm thinking it will be her meeting with Jon or her wolf Nym that will finally have her choose to be Arya over "a girl is noone"
Icecream_Ag
S
quote:
quote:
quote:

I'm thinking it will be her meeting with Jon or her wolf Nym that will finally have her choose to be Arya over "a girl is noone"
i'm thinking Nym starts it, but seeing Jon and/or Sansa completes it.

redline248
AG
I wonder how easily Nymeria remembers Arya
First Page Last Page
Page 83 of 190

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.