***Official GAME OF THRONES Season 6 (BOOK READERS/SPOILERS ALLOWED)***

843,584 Views | 6639 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by hunter2012
Brian Earl Spilner
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Assuming Arya heads back to Westeros and decides to abandon the Faceless Men, does she retain the ability to change faces?

Is the ability based on physical faces she is carrying with her, or is it magic based?
The Dog Lord
AG
quote:
I wonder how easily Nymeria remembers Arya
My instinct is that she would easily remember her, but they could always approach it as "she isn't Arya. she is no one." Nymeria then doesn't recognize her and is about to tear her apart until she breaks and returns to being Arya.
CapCityAg89
AG
Book Arya still has wolf dreams and knows Nymeria is running the wolf show in Westeros. IF show Arya runs across her, I'd think they would recognize each other right away.
redline248
AG
quote:
Assuming Arya heads back to Westeros and decides to abandon the Faceless Men, does she retain the ability to change faces?

Is the ability based on physical faces she is carrying with her, or is it magic based?
Good question. In the books we don't know about the room with the thousands of faces, or how they are able to change appearance. We do know, that Melisandre has used magic to transform one person to look like another, but only if people aren't really paying close attention.
The Debt
I thought there was some spiritual link each stark had with the dires. It's part of their warg-ness.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
Y'all think the Direwolves have dreams about the Starks?
redline248
AG
Who knows, but they certainly act based on the Starks' moods.
tamusc
AG
Maybe there are the remains of an ice dragon in the walls of Winterfell that was finally slain the last time the WW moved that far south (before the Wall was built). And the dragon's name was Winter. And Winterfell was built around/on top of it's remains, hence Winterfell.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG

boy do we need a new episode in here.....badly
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
G Martin 87
AG
quote:

Jaqen changed his face when he left Arya after the escape from Harrenhal. If he was carrying a spare face around with him like a scalp, we didn't see it. Maybe level 50 Faceless Men can change faces on their own.
Aggie Joe 93
AG
Most likely:
With Jon and the wildlings gone; the Boltons take over castle black; then the IronBorn blow that dragon horn; and the wall and winterfell explode with dragons bursting out; ice dragons from the wall and steam dragons from Winterfell that have heads that look like Direwolves.
You know, most likely.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG

need to change the title of this thread now.

it's no longer the spoilers thread....it's the throw S*** against the wall thread and see if it sticks.

Icecream_Ag
S
quote:

need to change the title of this thread now.

it's no longer the spoilers thread....it's the throw S*** against the wall thread and see if it sticks.

kinda like a reborn jon snow
wangus12
AG
mic drop!
Farmer1906
AG
Oh my
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
McInnis 03
AG
So I went through the shivering sea section again. Ice dragons are called out, described as "seen by half a thousand sailors" or something to that nature. "They shoot cold from their mouth, not fire", and that when they die "they simply melt, so no trace of them can be proven". I still get the feeling an appearance could be in store.

quote:
It's what keeps the pond in the godswood warm as well as the water the runs through the walls of Winterfell.
A reader theory I came across yesterday mentioned that perhaps the water in the godswood is a melted ice dragon.

quote:
Say an ice dragon does make an appearance. What would its purpose be? I see the purpose of Dany's dragons in battling the WW, but I'm not sure what an ice dragon would do. Is it possible that it would be used by the WW?
Said theory had an answer. Dany's dragons of fire could defeat the whites as they're vulnerable to fire.....but a single ice dragon dwarfs any fire dragon by epic proportions. Perhaps the fire dragons are used to the extent possible but an ice dragon could be used to remove the fire dragons from the picture if needed.

quote:
I don't think the "ice dragon" necessarily shoots ice or cold out of it's mouth, just that it is ice blue or something of that nature.
Quite the contrary, they do shoot cold from their mouth, "with such ferocity, freezing a man solid in half a heartbeat".
OnlyForNow
AG
I gladly am wrong on this one!
put me in the camp that thinks Arya will be tasked with killing Jon Snow since he stole a death from the many faced god.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
That would be really cheap, plus make no sense. They've shown that any life can be given when one is stolen. If anything she should be tasked with killing Melisandre.
PatAg
AG
Have we ever talked about why Jaqen was just chilling in jail when we met him? Doesn't he seem like the kind of guy who could just do whatever he wants? Was he waiting for someone, or Arya specifically? Was he on a job, or had he just finished?
redline248
AG
quote:
Have we ever talked about why Jaqen was just chilling in jail when we met him? Doesn't he seem like the kind of guy who could just do whatever he wants? Was he waiting for someone, or Arya specifically? Was he on a job, or had he just finished?

For the show, who knows? For the books, assuming he was the one in Old Town that killed Pate, he is up to something that we don't know about yet. But, we might not ever find out how/why he was in the black cells.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Because Jaqen Hagar is actually an older, time-travelling Bran with the ability to change faces.
redline248
AG
Lol
Aggie Joe 93
AG
So, Dany's first move: causing general havoc while searching for Drogon, or Khalisaring across salvors bay?
jenn96
AG
Based on her past history, nothing useful.
AggieSouth06
Episode 6 and 7 synopses out.
quote:
Episode 606, titled "Blood of My Blood," will air on May 29th: An old foe comes back into the picture. Gilly meets Sam's family. Arya faces a difficult choice. Jaime faces off against the High Sparrow.

Betting "old foe" is Walder Frey.
quote:
Episode 607 will be titled "The Broken Man," and will make its debut on Sunday, June 5th: The High Sparrow eyes another target. Jaime confronts a hero. Arya makes a plan. The North is reminded.

Jaime confronts Blackfish maybe? And THE MANDERLY MONOLOGUE GET HYPE.
redline248
AG
Old Foe could be the night's king
Pasquale Liucci
AG
That was my first thought as well
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Or the Hound.

C L E G A N E B O W L

G E T H Y P E

PatAg
AG
quote:
Based on her past history, nothing useful.
Probably jump on the first attractive **** she sees.
titanmaster_race
"Jaime confronts a hero"

Any idea as to who this is?
SpreadsheetAg
AG
Blackfish is my guess; and Edmure makes his return
PatAg
AG
quote:
"Jaime confronts a hero"

Any idea as to who this is?

I dont know who, buts hes gotta be strong...and hed gotta be fast...and fresh from the fight.
First Page Last Page
Page 84 of 190

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.