***Official GAME OF THRONES Season 6 (BOOK READERS/SPOILERS ALLOWED)***

842,958 Views | 6639 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by hunter2012
marble rye
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Yes. I think the Maesters probably tried erasing dragon-magic and CoTF lore from history making them the supreme beings of intelligence and healing. Which is why they looked down so much on Quyburn's practices.
marble rye
AG
quote:
No that is right. It's a glass candle I believe?

Dragon glass maybe?
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
Yeah I just looked it up. There are three of them, all obsidian, and the recruits in Oldtown have to spend a whole night trying to light them to learn that even though you can try, there are still somethings that will remain a mystery. And it lit up whenever the meteor crossed the sky
cone
AG
tbh outside of the Bran visions, this season has been a snoozefest
Hudson2508
AG
What the hell are you watching?
marble rye
AG
LOL
aggiebonzo
AG
Yeah anyone who says this season has been boring so far sounds like a miserable ***** who finds the negativity in everything
hunter2012
AG
quote:
Yeah anyone who says this season has been boring so far sounds like a miserable ***** who finds the negativity in everything
Well yeah this is texags afterall...
BJM1781
AG
quote:
Is it true Meryn Trant was killed because the actor in real life was dying of cancer?
Not Trant. It was the guy who plays Ilyn Payne (Wilko Johnson) who has cancer. He was the guy who took Ned's head.
gougler08
AG
quote:

In 3 episodes we have seen:
Bran visions
Roose get betrayed
Ramsay kill stepmom and brother with his dogs
Brienne finally find a Stark and keep her safe
Jon come back
Wun Wun smash
4 deaths by hanging
Tyrion and Varys be funny
Tyrion releasing the dragons
And I'm sure there's plenty more

Honestly the only storyline that is a snooze fest is Dany and the previews at least made it look like Jorah and Daario will be hopping in next episode
SwigAg11
AG
You should put that list to the "12 days of Christmas".
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
quote:
Is Payne still even in the show? They basically have cut him out, correct?
i'd still like to see him die.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
quote:
quote:
Is it true Meryn Trant was killed because the actor in real life was dying of cancer?
Not Trant. It was the guy who plays Ilyn Payne (Wilko Johnson) who has cancer. He was the guy who took Ned's head.
oh....well my bad. its the character i wanted to die though.
Streetfighter 02
AG
So I guess if you're into the Gravedigger theory it's not a stretch to believe that The Hound could be the valonqar that ultimately kills Cersei.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
quote:
quote:

In 3 episodes we have seen:
Bran visions
Roose get betrayed
Ramsay kill stepmom and brother with his dogs
Brienne finally find a Stark and keep her safe
Jon come back
Wun Wun smash
4 deaths by hanging
Tyrion and Varys be funny
Tyrion releasing the dragons
And I'm sure there's plenty more

Honestly the only storyline that is a snooze fest is Dany and the previews at least made it look like Jorah and Daario will be hopping in next episode

yeah...me thinks some people like to remember just the high points of previous seasons and forget the buildup.

what exactly had happened thru 3 episodes last season:

cersei had her flashback to the witch prophecy
the sparrow and lancel showed up but didn't do a whole lot yet
littlefinger was taking sansa to winterfell but nothing happened yet, he leaves robin at house royce
stannis tried to convince jon snow to leave the NW...but he didn't
tyrion and varys were heading to mereen but not there yet
arya goes to the house of black and white and gives up her personal belongings to begin her training
jon was elected LC of NW and appoints Alliser first ranger

about the only dramatic things in the first few episodes were:
Jon executed Janos Slynt for disobeying orders
Stannis had Mance Rader burned for treason
Dany executed a murderer and Drogon shows up on her porch

so ummmmm yeah. a fair amount has happened already this year by comparison to last year.

.....but later in the next 7 episodes.....

all the sons of the Harpy stuff and dragons
tyrion and jorah attacked in Valyria, then captured by slavers, then in the fighting pits, finally get to Dany
cersei, margaery, arrested and cersei's perp walk
Myrcella is killed (forget the other dorne crap)
sansa tortured by ramsay, etc.
Stannis gets his ass handed to him, after burning his daughter and his wife kills hersself and Melisandre leaves
Hardhome battle of course and Jon betrayed by the NW

sbarnett84
AG
The umbers will betray Ramsey. This is a con. Winterfell is an impenetrable fortress, and they need to have an inside team to have a chance. Having Rickon there legitimizes the Umbers and allows a team to set up camp in the castle grounds. It's a risk, but a risk they most likely feel worth taking to rid the North of the traitor family and take back Winterfell.
hunter2012
AG
Also major props for this scene. Dayne is my favorite swordsman in the series even though this will be his only scene. Special broadswords aside this was an exellent fight scene.

and if anyone complains, I swear by the old gods and new that I'll post the sand snake fight.
Icecream_Ag
S
quote:
Also major props for this scene. Dayne is my favorite swordsman in the series even though this will be his only scene. Special broadswords aside this was an exellent fight scene.

and if anyone complains, I swear by the old gods and new that I'll post the sand snake fight.
insert complaint here
titanmaster_race
Really confused by what the writers are doing with Jaime and Cersei.

The last 2 seasons have all been about the two of them growing apart, but suddenly this season they're closer than ever?
chase128
AG
quote:

The last 2 seasons have all been about the two of them growing apart, but suddenly this season they're closer than ever?
revenge for the death of their daughter and cersei being shamed may have brought them closer
marble rye
AG
quote:
quote:

revenge for the death of their daughter and cersei being shamed may have brought them closer

"My dearest! The thought of you covered in spit, sh*t, and other ungodly bodily fluids! Come to me!!!"
SpreadsheetAg
AG
quote:
So I guess if you're into the Gravedigger theory it's not a stretch to believe that The Hound could be the valonqar that ultimately kills Cersei.

Yes, Clegane Bowl is coming they started planting the seeds this episode by Cersei naming Gregor her champion.
redline248
AG
What sort of impact do y'all think there will be that Ned appeared to hear Bran in the tower scene?
CapCityAg89
AG
quote:
What sort of impact do y'all think there will be that Ned appeared to hear Bran in the tower scene?

There was a bit of that in Ned at the God's Wood in the books. So likely not much.
bangobango
AG
quote:
I think this is getting overlooked by everyone. The implications of this are huge.

I don't know if the story writers will go this way, but if you were going to set-up a "travel back in time and correct the one mistake" type ending, well, then this would be the way you'd go about doing it.

I can't see them completely rewriting everything by having Bran, for example, travel back to the tower of Joy and having Ned get killed in the duel - a total "this never happened at all" type ending. But, I could see them using that device for Bran to travel back in time and change a decision Jon Snow makes just before the final battle with the White Walkers that ends up winning the war for the good guys.

Who knows? I think that was a big freaking deal, though, and I'm curious where they're going to go with it.
G Martin 87
AG
Omega 13!
M.C. Swag
AG
I don't think it'll have any impact at all. The books make it clear that Ned could hear echos through the trees. Nothing more.
Aggie Joe 93
AG
Or Ned heard the word "father" seemingly coming from the gods, and that is what gave him the idea to take the baby as his own *******.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
or maybe he simply sensed some guiding force at key moments in his life that led him to always do the honorable thing.
AggieHank86
AG
quote:
I think they should do prequel seasons. One about Robert's Rebellion and the other should be Aegon's Conquest.
imagine the CGI budget
AggieHank86
AG
quote:
glad Ollie is dead. Hated his character.
Shame he died so quick. That one-foot drop would not have broken any necks, especially given Ollie's small size. They should have been slowly strangling for much longer.
AggieHank86
AG
quote:
I thought the fight was choreographed well,
Beat the Hell out of a similar "fight" (dance) in Dorne.
AggieHank86
AG
quote:
His sword has no place for screen time. We have two seasons left and you want to spend it on exposition about meteors. Go away.
Ned's trip to return Dawn to House Dayne was also the source of the story/rumor that a Dayne is actually Jon's mother. I do not recall whether that issue has been mentioned in the show.
Thomas Ford 91
AG
Am I the only one who thinks Bloodraven is sitting in a tree blind? I doubt many show watchers realize the tree is growing through him. And, don't the new COTF look like extras from a Broadway version of Cats? Those aren't Children. Better than the Lost Boys look, but still not quite right.

Rickon thoughts...I'm not buying Umber betrayal. Of all the evidence in support, I think it comes down to Osha. If the Umbers have truly forsaken Rickon and need Bolton help against the wildlings, then Osha would have survived about 45 seconds after they made that decision. The most rational reason I have read supporting Umber betrayal is that Osha lives to help viewers recall Rickon. I'm not buying it. Viewers with recollection problems won't recognize her, either.

Personally, I think Osha's part in this mummer's farce is an irresistible lure to draw Ramsay out of the safety of Winterfell for a fun day of girl-hunting.

And, If Rickon suffers Theon's fate or worse, the Stark line is extinguished. An unbroken line that has ruled the North for 8 thousand years. GRRM or D&D are not going to let Ramsay F'ing Snow end that line. I will give up on this 10-year obsession if they kill off the Stark line on the show with 2 books left to be published.

Goose06
AG
Is bran incapable of reproducing?
First Page Last Page
Page 55 of 190

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.